Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bytecent - Blockchain Powered Social Rewards Network - Bytecent.com - page 58. (Read 160279 times)

Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Activity: 789
Merit: 500
Today is the day Bytecent begins to change how people view crypto! We will be releasing the new Bytecent wallet later today. Stay tuned...
Blockchain and stuff
Yes, active connections to wallet, but also less nodes, less then 100. Erlier was over 200.

Most wallets disconnect from slow peers, so the number of connected peers is fluid. Short of running a network crawler, which does not exist for BYC, there is no way to know how many nodes are in the network. If i'm wrong, can you tell me how you know the total number of network nodes?
You are missing my point (again) There is much LESS nodes! and there is much MORE miners (hashrate). I didnt even mention diff.

1. If there are more miners and increased "hashrate", even though Bytecent doesn't have a hashrate, the difficulty correlates to increased miners and mining power. So when I mentioned the difficulty, you should know the difficulty increases when there are more miners and increased mining power.

2. The list of nodes on BlockChain explorer are NOT the overall amount nodes. It only displays the numbers of nodes that have made a successful connection within x amount of time. So there can be 1000 active nodes on the network, and the BlockChain explorer would show only 100 nodes.

3. I still do not understand your overall point. You seem to be wondering why mining and the combined PPS have increased. Which leads us back to my original statement/question, did you expect mining to remain the same forever?
Activity: 268
Merit: 252
I have more than 110 active connections...
Activity: 848
Yes, active connections to wallet, but also less nodes, less then 100. Erlier was over 200.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Every day less nodes. Month ago i had 30. I now come to 5. More network hash power.. Why and how?

You had 30 nodes and now you come to 5 nodes? You really don't make much sense...

Do you maybe mean active connections in your wallet? That would make more sense...

EDIT: There are over 100 public nodes..
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Diff is now too high from few days Sad
My Phenom with 980PPS is now too small
You are missing my point (again) There is much LESS nodes! and there is much MORE miners (hashrate). I didnt even mention diff.
Every day less nodes. Month ago i had 30. I now come to 5. More network hash power.. Why and how?

Bytecent is nearly 13 cents. Anytime a coin increases in value with decent buy support, people are going to mine it. I hope you didn't think Bytecent difficulty would stay low forever.
Thank you for catching that. Too much early NYE celebrating.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
On Monday June 4th 2016, we will be releasing the first public beta of the anticipated Bytecent 2.0 wallet!

January?
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Blockchain and stuff
Happy New Year to everyone! Good work Chris, looking forward to seeing the final product!.
On Monday January 4th 2016, we will be releasing the first public beta of the anticipated Bytecent 2.0 wallet!

This will not be a mandatory update, we feel we need hundreds of hours of public testing before completely replacing the current wallet.

After 2.0 is released, we will be releasing a new Bytecent wallet every 4-8 weeks. Now that our new framework is complete, updates will be rolled out at a significantly faster pace. We have dozens of new consumer friendly features planned, many not seen before in other wallets. We felt putting too many new features in one release would do more harm than good. So once everyone has had the opportunity to test the new wallet, and we have ironed out all the bugs, we will begin rolling out more new features.

I hope everyone enjoy NYE, and 2016 will be an amazing year for the Bytecent project!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Wow, nice dev news for Bytecent, with so low inflation and so smart distribution system i think Bytecent would be a really strong altcoin for 2016, i think we only need a little of marketing and it is in the road  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141
Think it's no good idea to show ad in wallet.
It would be better to change advt to some news concerning Bytecent.

Bytecent is a commercial product. No different than Skype or any other piece of ad supported software. Advertisers provide the constant revenue to allow us to keep improving Bytecent and launch Bytecent related services like Bytecent Bounty. This is the key difference that sets Bytecent apart from other digital currencies. We utilize the blockchain and the peer to peer network to power our platform, while partnering directly with advertisers and ad networks to effectively monetize our network. Unlike other digital currencies, Bytecent development is not funded by the dev selling premined coins or community funds.

I didn't think about that. But seems it really have a sense. Good job.
What's the formula ? To integrate BYC in my rentability engine Smiley
Thanks

Try this:

Blocks/Day = Chains/Day * (0.97 * (1 - fracDiff) + 0.03)

fracDiff is the fractional element of the difficulty.
Example:  fracDiff = diff - floor(diff).
Pages:
Jump to: