Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 118. (Read 500113 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Yiimp is having problems today. LBRY statistics are broken, and the payouts are reduced.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
This is a mining thread. I came here to learn and share tips about mining (what and how to mine).

Honestly, i dont care what LBRY is up to in months. That would be discussed in speculation threads.

It sort of is a matter of what to mine, when immediate profits are nearly the same now for 2 coins you are left to consider the coins themselves for what they are.
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
This is a mining thread. I came here to learn and share tips about mining (what and how to mine).

Honestly, i dont care what LBRY is up to in months. That would be discussed in speculation threads.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
when the premine is done and the LBRY gets incorporated with big studios, the price will surge.

They're welcome to their unbridled optimism, but I'm going to keep selling my LBC to them at a discount.  And I'll bet any one of them 1 BTC that 6 months from now, I'll have netted more fungible money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Far as efficiency, it seems like LBRY is now even with Ether. And I can up the monthly earnings by 20 dollars gross by cranking my power limit all the way up for 285 MH/s. Good while electric is free for me at the current moment but I may wake up to find those earning to decrease further.

People in the LBRY ANN thread see this pump and dump as a buying opportunity. Suggesting that when the premine is done and the LBRY gets incorporated with big studios, the price will surge.

I may just hold what I have now and mine a bit more.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
am i correct that lyra is now getting more profitable than lbry on the 1070?

well the earning is wrong only because of that, instead of the right amount we receive like 15% less....
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
i dont think so but the reward increase is less than 1% per day and the price -15% per day since a week

btw, lyrabar is no more, removed from the last exchange (ccex)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
am i correct that lyra is now getting more profitable than lbry on the 1070?
legendary
that can only happen if you use i 26 or more, my default is (much) lower than that
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
While mining lbry, I'm seeing this error:

GPU #0: an illegal memory access was encountered

It isn't every GPU, and it varies if I reboot.  Some GPUs do mine; at first 3, then only 1.

Any idea offhand what's causing this? 
If you are using a 32bit build, then you can get an integer overflow in this line:
Code:
CUDA_SAFE_CALL(cudaMalloc(&d_hash[thr_id], (size_t) 64 * throughput));
64*throughput doesn't fit in a 32bit integer when you are using a high intensity.
Depending on the compiler options the cast to size_t doesn't always help since it can be 32bit too.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

It isn't every GPU, and it varies if I reboot.  Some GPUs do mine; at first 3, then only 1.

I have this error , but resolve with set Power Limit at 78% in afterburner .
I've tracked down the problem to, I'm guessing, unsafe malloc in the lbry kernel.  Noticed that my mining rig, with only 2mb ram sees 25% memory use from ccminer -- pretty high.  When i drop caches the problem instantly goes away.  It doesn't, however, go away when I embed that drop_caches in the miner launch mechanism, so it's me fighting against some probabilistic processes.

Does that help narrow it down?  At a glance the only malloc I saw was cudaMalloc - does that malloc system memory?

legendary
not really a miner problem, i think its another app which try to take gpu resources. I seen that when running multiple miners

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
lbry profitability is down, seems to be roughly $3/day, but compared to $2.50 for lyra2v2 and $2.25 for eth(+dcr)

glad i bought the 1070 cards when i did - my adjusted cost is about $440usd/ea (or ~$380 pre-tax) is ahead of the price on amazon by ~$50 in a single month

there is always up and down in crypto, another pump will come soon enough for another random coin and the profit will rise again

Epsylon can you add 7 days earning to your pool, i was thinking that it can be useful for some coin that swings a lot, to have the average on a long time frame
Activity: 70
lbry profitability is down, seems to be roughly $3/day, but compared to $2.50 for lyra2v2 and $2.25 for eth(+dcr)

glad i bought the 1070 cards when i did - my adjusted cost is about $440usd/ea (or ~$380 pre-tax) is ahead of the price on amazon by ~$50 in a single month
Activity: 93
Activity: 269
Merit: 100
downgrade your driver if you mine that

simple as that Smiley

legendary
downgrade your driver if you mine that
Activity: 93
lyra2 and lyra2v2 are "doesn't validate on cpu" with latest 372.53 drivers, win7, gtx1070
Nanashi version also broken.

Neoscrypt is feeling good and easily goes > 1.1mhs.

Same here on the lyras, but I'm running windows 10
Jump to: