Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 113. (Read 92456 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
When we started smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) was worth $1.5.
Today Bitcoin price reached $10,000 which makes the smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) worth $10.  
Should we introduce smaller chips?
Smaller chips would be good, especially if someone wants to pay someone by giving a voucher. At the moment you can't pay $15, it's either $10 or $20.
But: Bitcoin fees only got higher. If you want to using a 1 mBTC chip to make a transaction, you currently need to pay about 0.4 mBTC on fees. You can pay less, and sometimes that's even enough, but fees have been much higher too.

A 0.5 mBTC chip is useless if you have to pay 80% in fees to spend it.

Yes, smaller chips would be nice, but only as vouchers 0.5 mBTC (unredeemable for 0.5 mBTC chip)
people can keep 0.5 mBTC temporarily so that they can use it as off-chain payment or combine to get 1 mBTC chip or higher
so ChipMixer doesn't really need to generate address for 0.5 mBTC, only deals them in vouchers systematically
in a way people would start accumulating bitcoins by redeeming small vouchers into big one
which eventually they will convert into ChipMixer chips, this will sound like unintended feature of ChipMixer becoming as a wallet
though I think it will attract more users to the site which also might create new problems for ChipMixer
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Today Bitcoin price reached $10,000 which makes the smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) worth $10
Smaller chips would be good, especially if someone wants to pay someone by giving a voucher. At the moment you can't pay $15, it's either $10 or $20.
But: Bitcoin fees only got higher. If you want to using a 1 mBTC chip to make a transaction, you currently need to pay about 0.4 mBTC on fees. You can pay less, and sometimes that's even enough, but fees have been much higher too.

legendary
Today Bitcoin price reached $10,000 which makes the smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) worth $10.  

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Good news! We have won first bitcointalk ads auction since weeks. Our rolling banner is coming back!

Activity: 910
Merit: 523
The only problem I see here is that Bob can never prove he paid Alice. An on-chain transaction can prove payment, a voucher leaves no trace. This is of course by design.
OK, so I take it ChipMixer is not against using vouchers as form of payments or fiat trade or other... cool  Cool
but yeah he can never proof it to her, that's way I mentioned "trust" needed there

the only downside is fixed chip sizes and requires trust both parties on each other and ChipMixer too
Vouchers can be any size.
I was meaning to say vouchers cannot have any fractions (less than 0.001)
but fixed to mBTC denominations such as 0.001 (1mBTC), 0.002 (2mBTC), 0.003 (3mBTC) and so on...
0.00275 is impossible, so payment of 0.00275 can only be paid with a 0.003 voucher  Wink

This is a good way to pass your bitcoin to someone and add a secure feature, even though Bob can never prove he paid Alice unless he has every detail of their agreement Cheesy. Chipmixer's voucher allows us to connect many deposits and withdraw it at once, a bigger output which harder to link. Another thing to note is "withdraw fees" as bigger transaction require a bigger fee to be confirmed, which mean the payment amount reduced automatically.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,

Please check your email, I have to restore my session, I've sent you all the details.
The only problem I see here is that Bob can never prove he paid Alice. An on-chain transaction can prove payment, a voucher leaves no trace. This is of course by design.
OK, so I take it ChipMixer is not against using vouchers as form of payments or fiat trade or other... cool  Cool
but yeah he can never proof it to her, that's way I mentioned "trust" needed there

the only downside is fixed chip sizes and requires trust both parties on each other and ChipMixer too
I was meaning to say vouchers cannot have any fractions (less than 0.001)
but fixed to mBTC denominations such as 0.001 (1mBTC), 0.002 (2mBTC), 0.003 (3mBTC) and so on...
0.00275 is impossible, so payment of 0.00275 can only be paid with a 0.003 voucher  Wink
legendary
can we use ChipMixer vouchers ~ as payment, trade buy/sell for fiat, and etc
Yes.

of course both parties should know how to do it and won't held ChipMixer responsible for any misuse
If Bob gives Alice a ChipMixer voucher, Bob can still access it. Alice should instantly redeem the voucher at ChipMixer. After that, she can get a new voucher that only she knows (or use ChipMixer to get private keys).

the fact that we could withdraw our chips or get voucher codes,
that reminds me of BTC-e vouchers and VIP (bitcoin.co.id) vouchers
can we use ChipMixer vouchers the same way? as payment, trade buy/sell for fiat, and etc
of course both parties should know how to do it and won't held ChipMixer responsible for any misuse
Activity: 3
Sent an email to support, but i assume my coins are lost.
Your e-mail has been replied. As LoyceV said we have run out of smaller chips. Chip pool has been refilled.

Thank you very much! I edited my original post, and chose to donate a chip to you make up for my stupidity this morning.
Your e-mail has been replied. As LoyceV said we have run out of smaller chips. Chip pool has been refilled.

coinbase has a policy that they block accounts
Why would you use a service that block your bitcoins when they wish?
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
coinbase has a policy that they block accounts that send to gambling address. does this fix,

Yes, if you sent from Coinbase to ChipMixer and then sent to the gambling site from your own wallet using the private keys you receive from ChipMixer there is no way that Coinbase could see where your coins ended up.

and is there tutorial on how to mixes the coins?

Not that I know of, but the site is very easy to use and well explained. If you have any questions ask here and someone will help you.
Warning, sent some coins yesterday. (above 0.001)

Woke up today to see them confirmed both on the transaction log and also on the mixer, however chipmixer says "all chips withdrawn"  Huh
This happens sometimes, it's an unfortunate side effect of the unique way ChipMixer works. Chips are prepared before you deposit, and sometimes all chips are withdrawn due to popularity. New chips will be funded soon.

I'm unable to export to electrum all i get is a blank output field where the keys are supposed to be..
I assume you got a voucher code, right? Just safe the voucher code and try back later.

I know how it feels to not be able to withdraw your funds (it feels bad!), but in this case I wouldn't worry about it. Your funds are not lost.

Thank you for your response, good to know i will wait patiently then and update here when tokens have been available for me.

One tip, maybe add that to the message? I couldn't find any information on why it was not available to me and assumed the worst
legendary

Woke up today to see them confirmed both on the transaction log and also on the mixer, however chipmixer says "all chips withdrawn"  Huh
This happens sometimes, it's an unfortunate side effect of the unique way ChipMixer works. Chips are prepared before you deposit, and sometimes all chips are withdrawn due to popularity. New chips will be funded soon.

I'm unable to export to electrum all i get is a blank output field where the keys are supposed to be..
I assume you got a voucher code, right? Just safe the voucher code and try back later.

I know how it feels to not be able to withdraw your funds (it feels bad!), but in this case I wouldn't worry about it. Your funds are not lost.
It's legit as hell, i'm just dumb.

Lesson learnt: Patience is a virtue, use your voucher to then unlock the mix part. already got my private key and transfering away Smiley Sorry for my stupidity.

Edit: 99% chance im wrong and there's no available chips, was not fully aware how the system works

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
Ok, that's what I thought but better be safe:)

Thanks

There is actually nothing wrong in asking questions as there are people willing and ready to provide response to it without limitation. I hope with the response you have gotten, and the time of response you can be rest assured that our service is one of a kind. And also don't forget to introduce us to your friends to patronize us.  Grin Grin Grin
Ok, that's what I thought but better be safe:)

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
Thank you for your answers, I understand now.

One last question, when importing the chip's private keys to electrum, if I delete the wallet but I have the private keys saved on a notepad, can I re-import them again on electrum? Or if I delete the wallet the private keys are lost forever?

Thank you for your help.

The private keys are independent of whether you control them or not. If you keep the private keys and delete the wallet, you can reimport them because it's the keys that hold your bitcoin, not the wallet. The wallet is just a way of storing the keys.
Thank you for your answers, I understand now.

One last question, when importing the chip's private keys to electrum, if I delete the wallet but I have the private keys saved on a notepad, can I re-import them again on electrum? Or if I delete the wallet the private keys are lost forever?

Thank you for your help.
I´m trying to contact chipmixer on their email but I keep getting emails bounced back.
Email [email protected] is bouncing back? Please send us more info with private message.
We have received your message (or somebody else sent the same message).

I don't understand the tokens part. I also have doubts about the amounts. If I mix 10 BTC for example, I get different chips, like 1 chip of 4.096 BTC another of 2.048 another of 1.024, 0.512, 0.256 etc

These amounts are only used by chipmixer so it´s very easy to track on the blockchain.

I´m concerned because I have to mix a decent amount of BTC and I want to remain as anonymous as possible.
Do you want to hide who you are or do you want to hide mixer usage?

If you want to hide who you are then ChipMixer is perfect way. You receive one of the chips funded before your deposit so nobody knows which one is yours.
If you want to hide mixer usage then you can "commonize" bigger chips. For example when you have 2048 mBTC chip you can click "commonize" and you will receive 2 BTC chip (2000 mBTC). This action will cost you the uneven part of chip (48 mBTC, which is about 2.5% fee).

It would be nice to have something to allow customers chose their own chip sizes to make the whole thing more private but i'm not sure how that is possible atm.
Unless chip size is random then more custom chip = less privacy.

Even though there is the commonize option IIRC that would basically get all your remaining few mBTCs and tip it to chipmixer so that you are able to end up with a nice, round number instead of 0.512, 1.024 etc.

Also, splitting your balance into chips does not help. The main reason for using a mixer is to dissociate yourself from the initial deposit.
Exactly.
Jump to: