Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 112. (Read 92456 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
What are your thoughts about supporting Bitcoin Cash in the future now that Bitcoin fees are going to the roof and Darknet Markets are starting to accept it?

https://themerkle.com/dream-market-makes-surprising-return-integrates-bitcoin-cash/
We would rather use other altcoins than Bitcoin Cash. BCH only advantages are
1. There is less traffic therefore it is cheaper to send it.
2. It is less valuable therefore transaction fees are smaller.
3. Interface is almost the same as Bitcoin.

Disadvantages are:
1. It is a fork and we do not want to support forks.
2. Blockchain size is as big as Bitcoin blockchain.
3. Amount of transactions is much lower than Bitcoin half a year ago.

We do not plan to support Bitcoin Cash now.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
What are your thoughts about supporting Bitcoin Cash in the future now that Bitcoin fees are going to the roof and Darknet Markets are starting to accept it?

https://themerkle.com/dream-market-makes-surprising-return-integrates-bitcoin-cash/
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
I have been using your mixer for a long time, and now there is a problem, because of my computer, it lagged
I am waiting for your answer 3 days already
I started to worry, please, help me as soon as possible  Cry (Check your mail )

It would be nice to give an update on this issue so that if its being resolved it will pose further confidence in the mind of a new person who is coming to the thread for the first time and wanting to make a decision based on the latest review. One advantage that ChipMixer has is timely response to clients issues and I hope that has not change. Hopefully, you check back again and update this.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I have been using your mixer for a long time, and now there is a problem, because of my computer, it lagged
I am waiting for your answer 3 days already
I started to worry, please, help me as soon as possible  Cry (Check your mail )
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
The wonderful feature I am really enjoying with chipmixer must be, quick mixing. It is possible as total mixing process just requires only one confirmation as output is already having confirmations.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
~ which comes with some amount of compromise on the part of anonymity which I think why ChipMixer is not updating it yet.
It's not just "some amount", Cloudflare would know everything, including the private keys ChipMixer gives you.

Theymos' theory is that Cloudflare is a honey pot made by authorities, we can't know that for sure, but we also can't rule it out.
ddos attack? something going on with server?  Huh
I'm getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT and sometimes 504 Gateway Time-out
or is it scheduled maintenance? but I don't see any announcement about it
I hope the site gets back online soon

It happens every once in a while. Unfortunately, given how much competition there is in the bitcoin mixing sector, it is impossible to effectively protect against a DDoS attack in a cheap and effective way, as these are very cheap to execute themselves but expensive to protect against, as the systems that would have to be in place for more than just basic null-routing cost a lot to maintain. It is better to just wait it out. ChipMixer has pretty good support and in case something happened to your transaction, your bitcoins should be fine.

This DDoS attack is something that really need to be battled as everybody just complain about that even the forum administrator had to take an alternative which is using the cloudfare( the cheapest way out) services which comes with some amount of compromise on the part of anonymity which I think why ChipMixer is not updating it yet. But there is always another option which is going through the Tor version of the site to get uninterrupted service because this issue of attacks has been discussed before on the thread. The site is currently active now though.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
ddos attack? something going on with server?  Huh

It happens every once in a while. Unfortunately, given how much competition there is in the bitcoin mixing sector, it is impossible to effectively protect against a DDoS attack in a cheap and effective way, as these are very cheap to execute themselves but expensive to protect against, as the systems that would have to be in place for more than just basic null-routing cost a lot to maintain. It is better to just wait it out. ChipMixer has pretty good support and in case something happened to your transaction, your bitcoins should be fine.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
ddos attack? something going on with server?  Huh
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
ChipMixer gives you the private keys so you are fully in control of how you spend your coins and what fees you pay. For example, you could make a new Electrum wallet with the "Import Bitcoin address or private keys" option and then send a transaction with a manually selected fee.
This way is recommended.

ChipMixer is the only mixer that gives you the power to set all fees: deposit fee, mixer fee and withdraw fee. If you want to set withdraw miner fee - do not use lazy sweep option.

LoL, I didn't know about it before, just always going through sweep option.
Thanks for share the better way to wihtdraw, which we can set custom fees according to current mempool.
Even waiting for hours will be no problem at all.

ChipMixer's ANN just pops out in my watchlist.

Anyway, I find this funny. It really depends if whether you badly needed it or not. It might not worth that much for you (the tx fees) but in the future it might weigh like gold. Wink

I am amazed how ChipMixer had improved since the last time I read this thread. Keep it up! I might acquire a million and will definitely use this service but I hope it will still exist or I will still exist to have and do so.
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
ChipMixer gives you the private keys so you are fully in control of how you spend your coins and what fees you pay. For example, you could make a new Electrum wallet with the "Import Bitcoin address or private keys" option and then send a transaction with a manually selected fee.
This way is recommended.

ChipMixer is the only mixer that gives you the power to set all fees: deposit fee, mixer fee and withdraw fee. If you want to set withdraw miner fee - do not use lazy sweep option.

LoL, I didn't know about it before, just always going through sweep option.
Thanks for share the better way to wihtdraw, which we can set custom fees according to current mempool.
Even waiting for hours will be no problem at all.
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Yes, smaller chips would be nice, but only as vouchers 0.5 mBTC (unredeemable for 0.5 mBTC chip)
people can keep 0.5 mBTC temporarily so that they can use it as off-chain payment or combine to get 1 mBTC chip or higher

I was thinking about what I said before since noone showed any objection to it
and because I was under the impression voucher codes works similar to chips
so I have a question, I know we can split/merge chips but can we actually split/merge voucher codes too?
lets say I deposited 0.032 BTC can I withdraw 0.016 BTC chip and created 2 voucher codes of 0.008 BTC each?
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Edit:
A question; when people withdraw, sweep the private keys, the fees to be paid automatically based on the normal fees preferred by blockchain or Chipmixer can set it to lower or higher fees if customers ask to?

This way is recommended.

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
For the way i currently use a mixer, i would personally vote against smaller chips... If i want to mix btc, it's usually at least 0,1 BTC... I'd never mix smaller chunks, so i dont' need smaller chips. but that's just my personal use case.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
I vote for; not create smaller chips, for now, 1mBTC equal to $10 is still convenient.
Unless bitcoin price reaches $15,000 or $20,000 then some people may want to mix smaller chips, like 0.5mBTC.
Like mentioned above; if there are big demands from customers to introduce smaller chips, then there you go.

It probably will not be very long before Bitcoin does reach that price. I would think introducing smaller chips is a sensible thing to do. If there is isn't much demand for them yet it will soon come and I cannot see any problem it would create.

Edit:
A question; when people withdraw, sweep the private keys, the fees to be paid automatically based on the normal fees preferred by blockchain or Chipmixer can set it to lower or higher fees if customers ask to?

Activity: 910
Merit: 523
I vote for; not create smaller chips, for now, 1mBTC equal to $10 is still convenient.
Unless bitcoin price reaches $15,000 or $20,000 then some people may want to mix smaller chips, like 0.5mBTC.
Like mentioned above; if there are big demands from customers to introduce smaller chips, then there you go.

Edit:
legendary
Merit: 1091
Good news! We have won first bitcointalk ads auction since weeks. Our rolling banner is coming back!

I was getting tired of how scam ICO's were constantly allowed to advertise on this forum, where legitimate services just couldn't keep up with the bidding war. I even remember a time where Bitmixer wasn't allowed to participate in the ad slot auctions, so it feels extra good to see a mixer, which is an essential part of thid market, be allowed to buy ad slots. Smiley

When we started smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) was worth $1.5.
Today Bitcoin price reached $10,000 which makes the smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) worth $10.  
Should we introduce smaller chips?

I don't see the need of introducing smaller chips with how everything goes currently. Those who look to make use of mixers and thus obtain an extra layer of privacy, are well aware of what they are looking for, which can't be really said about the newbies having found their way to this market. As long as the fees aren't going down in a significant manner, which isn't something I see become reality any time soon, there is basically no need for lower value chips. I would say leave it as it is until people actually start asking for lower value chips, and the market starts rolling out SegWit for once.
legendary
Good news! We have won first bitcointalk ads auction since weeks. Our rolling banner is coming back!

Today Bitcoin price reached $10,000 which makes the smallest ChipMixer chip (1 mBTC) worth $10.  

My understanding is that the focus should be on btc while the USD equivalent should not matter. Now the 1mbtc is $10 and you intend to create smaller chips what certainty do we have that the price won't crash to the original position that it was at the inception of ChipMixer. It will then lead to inconsistencies and the likes. My suggestion is that the 1mbtc should still be maintained irrespective of the price and later when stability has been maintained that price might not go below certain point, decision can then be made to create lower chips.

I see your train of thought relating to why smaller chips would not make sense, but I disagree with your view that the price is not stable. You are right that we cannot be sure that Bitcoin will stabilize above $10K, but that is not the threshold ChipMixer is needing Bitcoin to hit. As they said themselves, they started off when Bitcoin was around $1000-$2000 each, and Bitcoin has already stayed above that value for quite a few months, which in my opinion is more than enough time for it to stabilize. While it may or may not be worth >$10K, it is definitely worth more that it originally was when the chips got introduced, which could be a valid reason to increase the minimum chip size. It does not have to be by a magnitude of 10. Even just halving the chip size could work.

My understanding is that the focus should be on btc while the USD equivalent should not matter. Now the 1mbtc is $10 and you intend to create smaller chips what certainty do we have that the price won't crash to the original position that it was at the inception of ChipMixer. It will then lead to inconsistencies and the likes. My suggestion is that the 1mbtc should still be maintained irrespective of the price and later when stability has been maintained that price might not go below certain point, decision can then be made to create lower chips.
legendary
Smaller chips would be good, especially if someone wants to pay someone by giving a voucher. At the moment you can't pay $15, it's either $10 or $20.
But: Bitcoin fees only got higher. If you want to using a 1 mBTC chip to make a transaction, you currently need to pay about 0.4 mBTC on fees. You can pay less, and sometimes that's even enough, but fees have been much higher too.

A 0.5 mBTC chip is useless if you have to pay 80% in fees to spend it.

Do remember that right now a good part of the reason why the fees are higher than usual is because of the very high trading volumes in exchanges right now as Bitcoin slowly (but surely) rises. This might keep going for a while until the price settles back down. Even so, while smaller chips may not be efficient to use alone, they can still be used in combination to denote smaller values which may be used more frequently than before because of the increasing price. On the other hand, combining chips does decrease the privacy and anonymity of the mixing transaction.
Jump to: