Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 111. (Read 92429 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
And how many fees will this cost?
Import private keys into your wallet and you can set the fee yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
Quite good. Used shapeshift and others for a while and just started using Zcash.

I think you are confused as to what ChipMixer is. They are a Bitcoin mixing service, not a cryptocurrency converter nor an altcoin, as you suggest. I am not sure how you can be comparing it to those when they do not relate to ChipMixer in any way. While ShapeShift may "mix" coins by simply returning to you a different currency, that is not what they advertise nor what they specialize in. Zcash is its own cryptocurrency that does not, by the looks of it, need a mixer to begin with. It's apples to oranges.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Quite good. Used shapeshift and others for a while and just started using Zcash.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
Hello,

i have one question. When I deposit 0,040 BTC, can I sweep it directly on ChipMixer (after I merge it to one Chip) to my BTC online wallet address? And how many fees will this cost?

xTrust

You can't merge into a 0.04BTC chip because of the chip values. You'd have to take a 0.032BTC chip and a 0.008BTC chip. ChipMixer does allow you to automatically sweep it, at no extra cost except for the bitcoin network transaction fees. I'm not sure if the website sweeping let's you pick the fee though, or how it's calculated, so you'd be better off importing the keys into Electrum to pick the fee you want. After you get the chips, you can send the BTC to any valid address.

With 2 chips, making a transaction with 2 inputs and 1 output would have a size of roughly 400 bytes. Now you can use bitcoinfees.earn.com to find how much of a fee you'd need to pay for the confirmation speed that you want.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello,

i have one question. When I deposit 0,040 BTC, can I sweep it directly on ChipMixer (after I merge it to one Chip) to my BTC online wallet address? And how many fees will this cost?

xTrust
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
Thanks to adding weird characters in domain names!

For some those are not weird characters,  ì aside there is also the è,é  and others in the french language which are used by many.

But for the really tricky ones I think there are about 35 combination possible and that only for a domain extension, and then comes the problem with .co and .om  ....at least.

Probably the only way to combat this is to check google results everyday and get everybody to report them.
Shouldn't we try our luck reporting it to the registrar as well?

legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Not sure how much people may get trapped and have sent bitcoin to this site
BitMixer clones have been around for a long time, copying the design and stealing funds. They only keep doing this, because people keep falling for it. It's simply profitable for the scammers, and they're very creative.
Yesterday I found this one:

For a few minutes, I thought BitMixer continued their business, and was looking for the "we are closed"-sign on the site. I consider myself to be an experienced user who doesn't easily fall for phishing sites, I checked the URL, and it took me a while to notice this:

It's just 1 pixel on my location bar!

So, if they continue this, we can expect chipmìxer.com, chipmíxer.com, chípmixer.com, chìpmixer.com and a couple more combinations in the future.
If you add î and ï it becomes a bit more obvious, but it's still a few pixels at most, and this gives much more possibilities. Add chiþmixer.com and a few more combinations, and the number of posibilities is practically endless. There are too many possible combinations to just register them all to prevent this from happening.

Thanks to adding weird characters in domain names!
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
Warning: There is a copycat website that brought google ads.
I've reported them to https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/ , I think Google only takes action if enough people report the phishing page.
My Comments: "This site advertises on Google. The design is copied from chipmixer.com and they no doubt will steal people's Bitcoins. Please ban their advertising!"

Note it and will do the same thing.
Someone trying so hard to deceive people.
Hopefully, everyone in Chipmixer campaign notices this and report this scam site as well.

I think someone fell for it, I start mixing and get address 1DrKJf95GigR6fLWHLjbCZA3DiPvourewR
and that address has already received bitcoin  Shocked

Yeah, there is 0.00820175 BTC at this address.
Not sure how much people may get trapped and have sent bitcoin to this site, but it's really a pain in the heart to find out you have been deceived.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
the phishing site doesn't work for me Tongue it's giving me ssl error
they're using different ssl protocol and my chrome browser can't open it
but if I use firefox I can open it  Cheesy
xxxxxxxxx.co uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
I did my part, here's my report content:
impersonator site. it is mimicking the original site chipmixer.com and people who mistyped the url would unknowingly fell into the trap and get scammed and/or phished.
I think someone fell for it, I start mixing and get address 1DrKJf95GigR6fLWHLjbCZA3DiPvourewR
and that address has already received bitcoin  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
Sent my report to google.

We have more than 50 people in the campaign so if everybody would report it in 48 hours should be enough to trigger a reaction from google.

P.S.
I think it's better that each of us comes up with his own report so it doesn't look like a bot submitting the same stuff.
I've reported them to https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/ , I think Google only takes action if enough people report the phishing page.
I just reported the site to Google, as well.
Thank you.
Activity: 882
Merit: 976
Thanks for posting, @LoyceV!

I just reported the site to Google, as well.

I would highly recommend everyone else does the same, as well. Let's be responsible and take actions against sites like the copycat. These scammers just give cryptocurrency a bad name, which leads to potential new users of crypto to believe that all cryptos are just based on scams and con artists... Take a second to click on the link that @LoyceV has provided above, or here. I'll make it easy.

It only takes a second. The comment part is optional, but if you want to put something there, it's as simple as saying:

Code:
This site is designed to scam and phish users of the reputable site chipmixer.com. Please ban them from advertising with Google.

Make sure to look at LoyceV's screenshot to get the address of the site to report; don't want to post the link for obvious reasons.
legendary
My Comments: "This site advertises on Google. The design is copied from chipmixer.com and they no doubt will steal people's Bitcoins. Please ban their advertising!"

I don't want to type the fake site's name, so here's a screenshot:
The current plans for Lightning network? The tests are showing good results: https://cdecker.github.io/lightning-integration/ I know It's a little bit early for the mainnet launch but we're getting there, just want to know If you're doing getting ready for it.
We are currently researching our options.

since the site under constant ddos attack, I think ChipMixer should suspend timer on any open session
We are under constant ddos attack. We could extend all sessions to 7 days instead of 2 days.

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
What are your thoughts about supporting Bitcoin Cash in the future now that Bitcoin fees are going to the roof and Darknet Markets are starting to accept it?

We would rather use other altcoins than Bitcoin Cash. BCH only advantages are
1. There is less traffic therefore it is cheaper to send it.
2. It is less valuable therefore transaction fees are smaller.
3. Interface is almost the same as Bitcoin.

Disadvantages are:
3. Interface is almost the same as Bitcoin.

We do not plan to support Bitcoin Cash now.
Can you imagine the carnage with people sending BCH to ChipMixer BTC addresses... or BTC to ChipMixer BCH addresses??!? Roll Eyes

Given the number of threads with people doing exactly this with Exchanges and the like, I would hate to be in ChipMixer support if they started offering a BCH service! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
Chipmixer down? Currently getting 504 error. "504 Gateway Time-out".

Should we be worried or?

since the site under constant ddos attack, I think ChipMixer should suspend timer on any open session
or even better they could implement auto extend of any open session whenever the site down
this way people don't have to worry about expired session
it is possible to do something like that, isn't it?

I completely agree. I have seen a few support requests being posted publicly here in the forums. If these people are the same people using the mixer at times in which a DDoS attack is being launched onto the ChipMixer servers, it could potentially mean that they would be losing the chips that they had just recently tried to mix. This is most likely to happen at times in which the site goes down near the deadline for withdrawing for an individual who had previously mixed. Implementing a sort of timer or just pausing the session when an attack is launched would be a great improvement and could be implemented by using a separate, private server (obviously not public-facing) to ping the web server and update the session information on the database (which I assume is also hosted separately) to delay the time of deletion persistently until the attack on the web server ceases and the individual is able to once again access their funds.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

Should we be worried or?

or even better they could implement auto extend of any open session whenever the site down
this way people don't have to worry about expired session
it is possible to do something like that, isn't it?
legendary
Did you try the Tor-version? I don't have a Tor-browser installed on this PC, but usually Tor works when the clearnet version gets DDossed.

Should we be worried or?
I don't think so. It's most likely sad competitors (or governments?) doing a DDOS for their own reasons. It's cheap to attack, expensive to fight off, and as ChipMixer explained before, DDOS-protection like Cloudflare is no solution, because that would give Cloudflare access to all your data (including private keys).
So best to do, just wait it out, or switch to Tor.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

Should we be worried or?

EDIT: site indeed seems to be back up again, i will try use the onion link in the future and see if that makes a difference.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
The current plans for Lightning network? The tests are showing good results: https://cdecker.github.io/lightning-integration/ I know It's a little bit early for the mainnet launch but we're getting there, just want to know If you're doing getting ready for it.
Jump to: