Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 114. (Read 92456 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Also, splitting your balance into chips does not help. The main reason for using a mixer is to dissociate yourself from the initial deposit.
The reason for splitting your own coins into "chips", is that it makes it look like "your" wallet is actually ChipMixer, creating chips Wink

By creating a bunch of inputs the same size as ChipMixer chips, how is someone to know if it is "RandomInternetGuy" just making up his own... or "ChipMixer"™?

Basically, "Safety in Numbers"... if enough people started generating identical sized chips in a similar manner, it would effectively start obfuscating all these funds and the "actual" ChipMixer chips would get lost in the crowd Smiley
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Hi,

I´m trying to contact chipmixer on their email but I keep getting emails bounced back.

I had a question about this on their FAQ

"""But 1.024 BTC is so uncommon that everyone will know I've used this mixer!

After a while it will get more common, because you won't even need to use mixer to anonymize your coins. Just split them into tokens and they look exactly like chips."""

I don't understand the tokens part. I also have doubts about the amounts. If I mix 10 BTC for example, I get different chips, like 1 chip of 4.096 BTC another of 2.048 another of 1.024, 0.512, 0.256 etc

These amounts are only used by chipmixer so it´s very easy to track on the blockchain.

I´m concerned because I have to mix a decent amount of BTC and I want to remain as anonymous as possible.

Let me know please.

Best regards

True. Even though there is the commonize option IIRC that would basically get all your remaining few mBTCs and tip it to chipmixer so that you are able to end up with a nice, round number instead of 0.512, 1.024 etc.

It would be nice to have something to allow customers chose their own chip sizes to make the whole thing more private but i'm not sure how that is possible atm.

Also, splitting your balance into chips does not help. The main reason for using a mixer is to dissociate yourself from the initial deposit.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,

I´m trying to contact chipmixer on their email but I keep getting emails bounced back.

I had a question about this on their FAQ

"""But 1.024 BTC is so uncommon that everyone will know I've used this mixer!

After a while it will get more common, because you won't even need to use mixer to anonymize your coins. Just split them into tokens and they look exactly like chips."""

I don't understand the tokens part. I also have doubts about the amounts. If I mix 10 BTC for example, I get different chips, like 1 chip of 4.096 BTC another of 2.048 another of 1.024, 0.512, 0.256 etc

These amounts are only used by chipmixer so it´s very easy to track on the blockchain.

I´m concerned because I have to mix a decent amount of BTC and I want to remain as anonymous as possible.

Let me know please.

Best regards
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427
Seems to me that there is currently something wrong with the bootstrap you're using on the site, See

snip

Seemingly the css and js files will not be loaded. Clear your cache or cookies. If this still persists, please open your browser's developer console and click on Console, there should be an error and please paste it here.
Site seems to work normally now, Yesterday the issue was both on my phone, my desktop, and a VPS i logged in on to see if it was still bugged. very weird.

EDIT: site is still pretty buggy on mobile, but i think that's normal?

It looks like this on 5S,

https://i.imgur.com/0lu1N7L.png

https://i.imgur.com/SKSUhFH.png

legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
Seems to me that there is currently something wrong with the bootstrap you're using on the site, See

snip

Seemingly the css and js files will not be loaded. Clear your cache or cookies. If this still persists, please open your browser's developer console and click on Console, there should be an error and please paste it here.
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
It appears that Segwit2x has been called off by many of the major players in the fork. See these links:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000685.html
https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem/status/928308237597888512
https://twitter.com/lopp/status/928309280507351040?s=09
https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/928311412862210048

If it still does occur it will almost definitely be at a way smaller scale. Do you still plan on taking ChipMixer offline and then keeping it offline for a few days after the fork?
That is a great news! If there is no fork then we are not going offline.

Bad news - we have run out of smaller chips in the pool. They were refilled. If you have voucher, redeem it now. If you have a problem, please contact support.

It works for me.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
-snip-
Everything looks fine here. Have you tried in a different network/device?
legendary
Activity: 1946

Google Chrome:

Firefox:

Opera:

Tor browser ( firefox ):

Or is this an issue on my end? Seems pretty unlikely.. Not sure how long this has been like this, but it might be something you want to fix ASAP.

Even worse on internet explorer.

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
Due to Segwit 2x fork which is expected Nov 16 we announce that ChipMixer will be taken offline before fork (a day or two) and it will be offline for a few days till fork situation get stable. To avoid same situation as with Bitcoin Cash - chips you receive after fork will not contain bitcoins on another fork (S2X).

How to prepare for fork:

- mix your coins beforehand - you may need them before mixing services get online
- redeem your vouchers beforehand - otherwise you will lose s2x coins
- keep your bitcoins at addresses you have private keys
- keeping your bitcoins at exchange may allow you to sell forked coin at higher price, but you risk non-forked coin
There are still many non redeemed vouchers and about one week left.

It appears that Segwit2x has been called off by many of the major players in the fork. See these links:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000685.html
https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem/status/928308237597888512
https://twitter.com/lopp/status/928309280507351040?s=09
https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/928311412862210048

If it still does occur it will almost definitely be at a way smaller scale. Do you still plan on taking ChipMixer offline and then keeping it offline for a few days after the fork?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
I was about to have a look at the site, but are forwarded with a warning message from my browser that the connection isn't secured. Firefox says that chipmixer.com uses an invalid security certificate, which is expired currently? It needs some urgency because it may distract some people thinking it's unsafe to use this site.

I cannot reproduce this problem... Everything seems ok to me.
It seems chipmixer is using a letsencrypt certificate, if i'm not mistaking, those ones have to be renewed every 3 months...

I just tried accessing the site, but it seems to not be working at all, whether that is through a secure connection or through a regular one. The site does properly redirect to the HTTPS port 443, but I just keep getting a 504 timeout when I try to access it.

I am assuming this is temporary and that maybe the certificate is being renewed right now, albeit as you said, you had no such problem. Perhaps it is competitors DDoSing the site again, but hopefully it will all be back up soon. I do not know if the Tor link is working, but if they both connect to the same server then it is probably down as well.

Edit: It seems to be back up!
Activity: 1
Hi, is the website down?

Edit: Working Fine!!   Grin
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
I was about to have a look at the site, but are forwarded with a warning message from my browser that the connection isn't secured. Firefox says that chipmixer.com uses an invalid security certificate, which is expired currently? It needs some urgency because it may distract some people thinking it's unsafe to use this site.

I cannot reproduce this problem... Everything seems ok to me.
It seems chipmixer is using a letsencrypt certificate, if i'm not mistaking, those ones have to be renewed every 3 months...
legendary
Activity: 2170

Edit; everything is ok now.

I wanted to check whether or not there was a message making people pay attention to the upcoming hard fork on the front page, but it's still not there. Perhaps a good idea to make people aware of your hard fork precautions at current time frame?
I have read about situations where chips are exhausted, or vouchers are not enough and some things like that. With this notice which surely will give rise to traffic, how are you preparing for it?.
Chip shortage occurs when there is much higher input traffic than expected. Redeeming vouchers does not affect it because we keep more chips in pool than sum of all vouchers.

what would happen if before site goes "offline", we still have open session waiting for deposit
and the bitcoin deposit got stuck in limbo because very low tx fee was used
then we couldn't extend it when site goes "offline" for a few days
can we recover it by proof of signature from sender address or something?
Last time we have added big red sign. It did not work - we still had a lot of customers sending their coins to mix. We had to froze sessions (disable deletion after 48h), so they could be refrozen at support request.

If your session will be active while we go offline, send us an e-mail to support. We will solve your problem (but you may have to wait till we get online, so mix now, do not wait for fork).
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
what would happen if before site goes "offline", we still have open session waiting for deposit
Contact support before your session expires:
What happens if I open a "Session" and transfer BTC and then the site gets attacked and is not available for a couple of days?

BTC gone?
If you have a limited access to our service, please contact support. We can either extend your session (if your deposit is still pending) or issue a voucher you can use anytime you want.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Due to Segwit 2x fork which is expected Nov 16 we announce that ChipMixer will be taken offline before fork (a day or two) and it will be offline for a few days till fork situation get stable. To avoid same situation as with Bitcoin Cash - chips you receive after fork will not contain bitcoins on another fork (S2X).

How to prepare for fork:

- mix your coins beforehand - you may need them before mixing services get online
- keeping your bitcoins at exchange may allow you to sell forked coin at higher price, but you risk non-forked coin
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
A few days ago, I had huge problems (through my fault), but support quickly helped me get out of this situation. You are amazing!

Thank you for dropping by to give a review but it would have been better if you use your real account to do that because I don't expect that you will open an account just to do that but at the same time, I respect your privacy.

How to prepare for fork:

On the notice for people to take advantage of the upcoming offline that ChipMixer might face as a result of the fork, what are the plans put in place to manage the traffic that will arise from this. Because I have read about situations where chips are exhausted, or vouchers are not enough and some things like that. With this notice which surely will give rise to traffic, how are you preparing for it?.

How to prepare for fork:

Activity: 1
A few days ago, I had huge problems (through my fault), but support quickly helped me get out of this situation. You are amazing!
Are you guys still working in upgrading to SegWit? I found this thread of yours from August but I see that the addresses generated are still non-SegWit ones.
There are three misunderstandings in this post.
1. The other thread is about using Segwit features to increase privacy - for example Lightning Network. It would be separate service, not part of ChipMixer.
2. We are using Segwit transactions to create chips - they are cheaper to spend.
3. Bech32 addresses (for example bc1qw508d6qejxtdg4y5r3zarvary0c5xw7kv8f3t4) are called Segwit addresses but they are not required to use Segwit. They are not very popular, cannot be used by old clients and some customers fear the new. We are not implementing them till they gain more popularity.
Jump to: