Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 109. (Read 92456 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
if I understand it correctly, under 50 mBTC (0.05 BTC) the system won't charge the fee?
Correct.

and if I prefer to withdraw in voucher code (not chips) also I won't get charged that fee.
so the fee applies only on over 50 mbtc deposit that withdraws to chips... do I get this right?
Step 1:
Mixing fee is 2% of deposited amount.
It says the fee is taken when you deposit, it doesn't matter if you withdraw to chips or voucher.

I think this should be updated though. By my math it should be:
Depositing 1.2345 BTC will result with 1.234 1.210 BTC funds.
Depositing 0.1239 BTC will result with 0.123 0.122 BTC funds.
Depositing 0.1230 BTC will result with 0.123 0.121 BTC funds.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
when and how the fee will be applied?
If fee is set to 1% and you deposit 100 mBTC then 1 mBTC will be auto-donated and you will receive chips worth 99 mBTC.
If fee is set to 1% and you deposit 99 mBTC then auto-donate would be under 1 mBTC - you will receive chips worth 99 mBTC.

Current fee is set to 2% so depositing 50 mBTC or over will result in auto-donate.

if I understand it correctly, under 50 mBTC (0.05 BTC) the system won't charge the fee?
and if I prefer to withdraw in voucher code (not chips) also I won't get charged that fee.
so the fee applies only on over 50 mbtc deposit that withdraws to chips... do I get this right?
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
when and how the fee will be applied?
If fee is set to 1% and you deposit 100 mBTC then 1 mBTC will be auto-donated and you will receive chips worth 99 mBTC.
If fee is set to 1% and you deposit 99 mBTC then auto-donate would be under 1 mBTC - you will receive chips worth 99 mBTC.

Current fee is set to 2% so depositing 50 mBTC or over will result in auto-donate.

I also support the fees of 2% but how we differentiate between the normal client who wants to mix his coins and the other guy who only wants to exploit the current situation?
We cannot. It would require tracking our users.

I recommend that this be put somewhat clearly in the site, as people who have used ChipMixer before, and even those who have not, could not know about this fee and would complain about it afterwards, potentially hurting ChipMixer's already established reputation. The way it is right now is easy to miss and conflicts with the information in the FAQ. Updating the FAQ would definitely help in this case.
Information is set in bold above deposit address. People who used ChipMixer before would not read FAQ every time before use.

FAQ will be changed after permanent decision about fees will be set.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
I checked the website and I cannot find anywhere it says that the 2% deposit fee is in place before you actually start the mixing process.
Mixing fee is 2% of deposited amount.

It's there in plain sight just above your deposit address, you can't miss it
but I'm still waiting for the answers to my questions on when and how the fee will be applied?

As I said in my post, I am talking about before starting the mixing process. The only mention of fees outside of that is in the FAQ, which states that there are no fees. If this is a temporary action, then it should be temporarily changed or maybe a not added to the FAQ. If it is a permanent move, then it makes more sense to simply update the stated fee in the FAQ. You do have a point about how the fee will be applied, however, as it is unclear whether the original deposit transaction should have an added value to it in order to cover it or if ChipMixer will take out chips of corresponding values out of the withdrawal in order to satisfy the fee. In the former case, I find it even more necessary to state this in the main page, as customers could accidentally deposit an amount lower than the one they are required to deposit.
I checked the website and I cannot find anywhere it says that the 2% deposit fee is in place before you actually start the mixing process.
so for example I deposited 0.006 then fee will be 0.00012 and I will lose another 0.00088 Shocked
but if I choose voucher, redeem later, I will not get charged the 2% fee?
legendary
I wonder if ChipMixer with the upcoming fork tomorrow at block 501451 will take any measures to prevent people from gaming the reserve pool to obtain a double amount of split value by quickly mixing coins after block 501451.

ChipMixer is as far as I know the only mixer working with the concept of providing people with private keys containing pre generated chip values. It would be sad to see that due to this abuse the reserve pool gets emptied.
We did not notice this fork and reserve (for higher chips) has been emptied. This means we have to change some things.

For now we are introducing mixing fee of 2% of deposit. It will be less profitable to abuse mixer.

1. Why I'm able to reuse the  session token even if i've destroyed them ?
New session creates a random token. When you destroy session, session data is destroyed. When you reuse token, you create new session with the same token.

2. How i can import private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?
If you have deterministic wallet - you cannot. You can sweep it to deterministic wallet but you will pay miners fee for that.
It is not advised to mix two wallets - not mixed funds and mixed funds. When you spend from your wallet your transaction may connect both which links your addresses.

I checked the website and I cannot find anywhere it says that the 2% deposit fee is in place before you actually start the mixing process. I recommend that this be put somewhat clearly in the site, as people who have used ChipMixer before, and even those who have not, could not know about this fee and would complain about it afterwards, potentially hurting ChipMixer's already established reputation. The way it is right now is easy to miss and conflicts with the information in the FAQ. Updating the FAQ would definitely help in this case.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
I wonder if ChipMixer with the upcoming fork tomorrow at block 501451 will take any measures to prevent people from gaming the reserve pool to obtain a double amount of split value by quickly mixing coins after block 501451.

ChipMixer is as far as I know the only mixer working with the concept of providing people with private keys containing pre generated chip values. It would be sad to see that due to this abuse the reserve pool gets emptied.

At some point the line has to be drawn as to where we have to start ignoring forks.
If this keeps up, many services, ChipMixer included, would be having to suspend their services every time a fork is announced. This seems counter-productive because of how easy it is to create a fork and considering how unsuccessful most forks have been. Even when Bitcoin got forked over to Bitcoin Cash that was still a somewhat sensible time to suspend services since it was the first, but with each new fork, its value gets diminished.

I don't think there is a big enough reason for ChipMixer to react in any way to any forks, but we have yet to obtain official word on this matter.

I agree with this completely because even at some point, if one is not following what is happening, you will end up losing count of the amount of forks that have happened. But ignoring the forks completely is beyond the service providers as we have even seen several providers having to take a reverse in their earlier position when the pressure increased by their users asking for their forked coins.

I think what admin should do is to set some conditions that a fork should meet before it would be considered at all and the conditions should be such that is high enough that for any forked version to meet, it must have been adopted by the community aside that every other thing should be ignored.

I also support the fees of 2% but how we differentiate between the normal client who wants to mix his coins and the other guy who only wants to exploit the current situation?
We did not notice this fork and reserve (for higher chips) has been emptied. This means we have to change some things.

For now we are introducing mixing fee of 2% of deposit. It will be less profitable to abuse mixer.

would that fee be permanent? or only for limited duration when the fork happening?
so for example I deposited 0.006 then fee will be 0.00012 and I will lose another 0.00088 Shocked
but if I choose voucher, redeem later, I will not get charged the 2% fee?

1. Why I'm able to reuse the  session token even if i've destroyed them ?
New session creates a random token. When you destroy session, session data is destroyed. When you reuse token, you create new session with the same token.

2. How i can import private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?
If you have deterministic wallet - you cannot. You can sweep it to deterministic wallet but you will pay miners fee for that.
It is not advised to mix two wallets - not mixed funds and mixed funds. When you spend from your wallet your transaction may connect both which links your addresses.
legendary
have you tried (hard) reloading the page? could it be just displaying the old cache from the browser?
Even though I used a private browser before, I'll try to restore it in a different browser (also in private mode) after destroying the session. The result is exactly the same: Session restored.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hey Folks

Questions

1. Why I'm able to reuse the  session token even if i've destroyed them ?

2. How i can export private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?

Advice:

Create an short video for using chipmixer i believe you loose a lot of prospectives without an one.

best regards moejoejay

I feel that this is a pretty stable project in bitcoin hardfork time and the market has too much volatility. We hope ChipMixer's DEV team will have the right direction for their project.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I don't think there is a big enough reason for ChipMixer to react in any way to any forks, but we have yet to obtain official word on this matter.
ChipMixer did take precautions at the time Bitcoin Gold forked, but it seems that they don't really add much value to this fork, and for that reason didn't do anything, or at least, not that we know of since ChipMixer hasn't posted.

I was right when it comes to asking whether or not ChipMixer would do something to prevent abuse. I have been offered a certain amount of funds through PM to remove my earlier post, but I of course ignored it.

It was done via a brand new account just created for that purpose.
I've tested this, and indeed, after destroying a session I can restore the session, after which it gives me the same deposit address. It resets the timer to the full 48 hours though.
I haven't tested this with a funded session, I don't dare to destroy that session just to test it.

hmm... weird, I have completely a different experience awhile ago
though it wasn't destroyed but expired with no deposit yet, then I tried to restore with session token
what I get with the same session token url is showing a different deposit address.
have you tried (hard) reloading the page? could it be just displaying the old cache from the browser?
legendary
I've tested this, and indeed, after destroying a session I can restore the session, after which it gives me the same deposit address. It resets the timer to the full 48 hours though.
I haven't tested this with a funded session, I don't dare to destroy that session just to test it.

2. How i can export private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?
Did you mean "import" instead of "export"? You can sweep the private key into an existing Electrum wallet. After this, the funds are transfered to a new address within your wallet.[/quote]
Activity: 138
Merit: 20
Hey Folks

Questions

Advice:

Create an short video for using chipmixer i believe you loose a lot of prospectives without an one.

best regards moejoejay

legendary

At some point the line has to be drawn as to where we have to start ignoring forks. If this keeps up, many services, ChipMixer included, would be having to suspend their services every time a fork is announced. This seems counter-productive because of how easy it is to create a fork and considering how unsuccessful most forks have been. Even when Bitcoin got forked over to Bitcoin Cash that was still a somewhat sensible time to suspend services since it was the first, but with each new fork, its value gets diminished.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

This site not comfortable at all if you ask me
i end up losing my funds one time cus i didn't know how to use it.
If you have a problem with our service - please contact support.

Privacy is not something you can switch on with a button. You need to know how we ensure your privacy and how you can protect it futher. Our method is not a secret - everyone can read how it works on our website, learn why it works and how to use it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Nanolite Developer
This site not comfortable at all if you ask me
i end up losing my funds one time cus i didn't know how to use it.
why not make something easy to understand like bitcoinblender ?
We have run out of small chips over xmas.
If you have received a voucher - you can redeem it now.
Jump to: