Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 129. (Read 92456 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Short reply, long one in progress:

Chip at ChipMixer are prepared before your deposit and wait in the pool to be distributed by random. In last 24h we've had more deposits than chips, so vouchers were given. We are preparing more chips, so you can redeem your vouchers.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
This is a timeline I get:
23 hours ago ChipMixer posted they're back online after August 1, with some valid privacy advice on how to proceed on Bitcoin Cash.
21 hours ago ChipMixer posted a bid to advertise on Bitcointalk again.
16 hours ago the first complaint was posted in this thread.
30 minutes ago I sent 0.192 BTC to BitMixer without checking the latest messages in their thread first.

I've sent ChipMixer a private message here, and an email.
It could be they pulled an exit scam after receiving many coins since BitMixer stopped.
It could also be they're just out of pre-arranged chips, just like what happened on July 25. If this is the case, I urge ChipMixer to fund it, post here, and - for the future - the website should announce being out of chips right at the deposit page. I only now see I can click "2 Mix" without a deposit to see "All chips withdrawn".

Edit: I didn't see anybody complain their private keys got emptied. IF it would be an exit scam, I would expect that to happen too. As long as that didn't happen, I'm still hopeful Smiley
I can't really imagine pulling an exit scam on this, BitMixer earned millions of dollars per year, and that market is open to the competition now. An exit scam would be very short sighted.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I have sent 0.6555 and received nothing but the voucher I cannot use because when I try to redeem it generates a new voucher. Emailed them but no reply.

Does it look like a SCAM? I don't know yet but in fact they do not send out funds.

DO NOT SEND FUNDS UNTIL THEY FIX IT.
Activity: 20
"--- MESSAGE ---
This is a receipt / confirmation that you have received following
private keys from ChipMixer:
No private keys imported yet.

This message is signed with ChipMixer's Bitcoin address:
1ChipMwvHe5tewb1Uqa9bbZZJDmgPV1TC7
"

I believe they "earned" more than 1 btc in the last 24 hour.
Just imagine, here is 5-10 peoples, who lost their funds, and so many others, who didn't come to this forum and FUD
Activity: 5
Better to be safe than sorry! I hope it is some technical glitch, because I have been a massive fan of ChipMixer since page one of this thread.

I have discovered that although a 0.52BTC token was received, the remainder is a 0.48BTC 'voucher code'.

Entering this voucher code into chipmixer just gives me a new voucher code - it seems, as another user mentioned, that the funds are stuck in ChipMixer's voucher code system.

I hope I will be able to reclaim my funds, if I am, I will retract all warnings. But in the meantime:

WARNING - THERE IS A BUG/SCAM AT WORK

DEPOSITING MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF COINS!
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
MODERATOR SHOULD TAKE A "WARNING" NOTE

DON'T PUT ANY COINS THIS SERVICE, UNTIL THEY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, BUT LOOKS LIKE THEY TURNED INTO SCAM.
I GOT NO PRIVATE KEYS!!
I HOPE JUST A BUG....

thanks for that many "advertiser" user

Moderators cannot just simply put a warning notice on threads. The best you can do is to have a DT member tag Chipmixer's account until this is all resolved.

To me i think that it is probably some sort of bug that chipmixer's deveploment team just needs to wrap their heads around, nothing else. They have spent way more bitcoin advertising their services than just to scam an amount under 1 btc...

If you have a problem you should create a scam accusation based on your problem. That way you can get DT members attention...

If the problems are real then definitely, everyone should stop depositing until all problems are resolved.
it was a bug, but after the first time, scared me off from the site  Undecided
Activity: 5
WARNING: COINS MISSING

SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT

Other people are reporting issues too - I should have checked this thread before depositing. I deposited 1BTC but only received a chip for 0.5BTC. At first I couldn't withdraw that chip, but I figured it out. HOWEVER I AM STILL MISSING 0.50BTC ($1,419!!)

To withdraw your chips, first make sure javascript is unabled. Click withdraw all on Step 2 (Mix), go to Import to Electrum on Step 3 (Withdraw) to get your private keys.

I still am highly suspecting a SCAM AT WORK, I have used the service before with no issues, but now, I am 0.50BTC out of pocket. I attempted to email support, who knows if I will get a reply.

Forum users affiliated with this service, its your responsibility to investigate and solve reported problems. Otherwise, you too are accountable for theft.
Activity: 4
Same here, put some coins in and now there is no possibility to get them out.
Bug or a big SCAM!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
Given the way that this mixer works it would be impossible for this to work this way. With mixers such as BitMixer you simply get an input and an output. With ChipMixer you get multiple outputs from your input. This means that further steps are needed in order to make the outputs useful such as sweeping the keys if you want full private control over your bitcoin or even just combining the outputs if that is what you wish to do. These steps are not necessary with other mixers as you simply receive your money where you asked it to be sent. There's little more to simplify in ChipMixer's process. I just don't see a way to make it easier for the user.

Essentially, it could be done if ChipMixer decides to do so. It's just a matter of adding this functionality alongside what they currently offer, with a seperate algorithm/script and coin reserve. But the thing is, will ChipMixer see value in doing so, that's likely (at least for now) not the case. No matter how easy things may be for most of us, there are loads of people that still don't understand anything. But then again, there is no way to offer a service that satisfies all people at the same time.

While you are right in that it could be provided as a separate service from the usual chip mixing, it would be counter-intuitive to the mixer's own name, which is based around the ideas of using chips for further anonymizing. However, there could be some value in providing a service similar to BitMixer's in simplicity now that they are gone. I have yet to see a replacement that is as simple and well trusted as BitMixer. ChipMixer already has established itself as trustowrthy. The only part it is now missing from the equation is being simple. Perhaps that would actually be a good addition?
I really don't see where you guys are having issues to understand how the mixing process works.

IMO the whole process is quite easy to understand just by reading the "How to use it" text. Care to specify where are you having difficulties?

You deposit X, you split this amount in multiple chips (addresses). You "withdraw" those addresses as private keys, import on your wallet and spend. I actually understood after reading for the first time.

Anyway, If anybody wants some help, I am always available. Just PM me.

I personally have not had any problems mixing coins on this site. I can't speak for everyone's situation and I didn't try to mix any coins for a few days before August 1 and I haven't mixed any yet since then, so I don't know if that created any issues. I can only speak from my personal experience. Hopefully support will resolve any issues that anyone is having.

It's fresh issue / report from the previous hours.
They easily can turned into a scam, and you guys all support them to steal peoples hard earned money, who put to the signature.
Activity: 994
Merit: 510
I really don't see where you guys are having issues to understand how the mixing process works.

IMO the whole process is quite easy to understand just by reading the "How to use it" text. Care to specify where are you having difficulties?

You deposit X, you split this amount in multiple chips (addresses). You "withdraw" those addresses as private keys, import on your wallet and spend. I actually understood after reading for the first time.

Anyway, If anybody wants some help, I am always available. Just PM me.

I personally have not had any problems mixing coins on this site. I can't speak for everyone's situation and I didn't try to mix any coins for a few days before August 1 and I haven't mixed any yet since then, so I don't know if that created any issues. I can only speak from my personal experience. Hopefully support will resolve any issues that anyone is having.
My coins are finnaly in my wallet.

Pretty scary...
Activity: 4
i mixed some coins together  

it works fine but then after last mixing it dont payed me all out and gave me a voucher of some coins

was thinking ok bug or lets see

later tryed a smal amount again andddddd...

it seems now every payed in bitcoins are stucked and you only resive some vouchers

and when you use them you resive a NEW VOUCHER.....

so no widraw of bicoins working right now you will only resive some voucher codes !!!!

--------------------------
its a scam in my view

because i got nothing out of the mixer

--------------------------

i will update this when it got fixed and or staff write me on my e-mail i sended them

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
ChipMixer is now temporary disabled till hard fork situation get stable.
ChipMixer is now online. If you have ignored warning about maintenace and had an active session with funds - please contact us. Your session was frozen and will be deleted after 48h.

About BCash - When you withdraw a private key from ChipMixer it may or may not contain BCash tokens. Be aware that spending BCash will link your identity on both blockchains on that chip. If you redeem BCash on your wallet with a single transaction you are commiting privacy suicide. Be aware of the cost of "free money".
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
As informed 13 days ago, due to Aug 1 hardfork, ChipMixer will be closed from July 31 till situation get stable.

Any word on when things are going to be operational again? given the Forum headline: "News: ALL CLEAR: You can now use Bitcoin as you were previously." it would seem BTC is good to go. Huh

Indeed.. I'm actually waiting to mix, and chipmixer seems like one of the best options since bitmixer dissapeared
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
As informed 13 days ago, due to Aug 1 hardfork, ChipMixer will be closed from July 31 till situation get stable.

Any word on when things are going to be operational again? given the Forum headline: "News: ALL CLEAR: You can now use Bitcoin as you were previously." it would seem BTC is good to go. Huh
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Given the way that this mixer works it would be impossible for this to work this way. With mixers such as BitMixer you simply get an input and an output. With ChipMixer you get multiple outputs from your input. This means that further steps are needed in order to make the outputs useful such as sweeping the keys if you want full private control over your bitcoin or even just combining the outputs if that is what you wish to do. These steps are not necessary with other mixers as you simply receive your money where you asked it to be sent. There's little more to simplify in ChipMixer's process. I just don't see a way to make it easier for the user.

Essentially, it could be done if ChipMixer decides to do so. It's just a matter of adding this functionality alongside what they currently offer, with a seperate algorithm/script and coin reserve. But the thing is, will ChipMixer see value in doing so, that's likely (at least for now) not the case. No matter how easy things may be for most of us, there are loads of people that still don't understand anything. But then again, there is no way to offer a service that satisfies all people at the same time.

ChipMixer - any idea on when your service will be operational again? The Bitcoin network is as stable as it has always been.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
But perhaps ChipMixer can offer a small bounty for someone to professionally (keyword "professionally"; not just a voiceover your screen capture lol) design a videographic that shows the simple process of how to mix coins. There's a section for a "How It Works" video currently on the website, but from what I can remember, there has never been a video there.

@ChipMixer: I'm more on the code side of things nowadays, but I used to do freelance work for banner ads and 2d animated shorts. PM me if interested for further details and / or references.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
No matter how many videos there are out for people to 'learn' from, they will still struggle to get things working. In general, people were used to the easy interface that Bitmixer used to offer them (send 'tainted' coins to x address, have mixer return you 'clean' coins (minus fee) to y address). Perhaps an option for ChipMixer to offer the same sort of mixing functionality as extra option for people to choose from?

Jump to: