Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Colossuscoin- 1.5.1 BIG, STRONG, and FRIENDLY - page 4. (Read 121081 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
you should give us a hand with coding

Sorry, it probably was a mistake on my part. I should have made it clear that I am only the dreamer, not the coder guy. You need to allocate some other human resources to that job. Grin

In my early university years, I opted out from the C++ 1O1 mini course when our arabian teacher (who couldn't even speak English, let alone our native language fluidly) hit the "object oriented C" marking in the book. I barely understand a finished code. Sometimes I can bend that to my will by a small amount. But I can't create anything alone from scratch (which includes the process to extend the existing code with brand new functions).

I'm not sure why Cryptsy can't start trading Col again, all wallets are syncing and all transactions are fully confirmed in under 2 minutes. I've been sending coins back and forth between coinedup, no problems, no wallet issues either.

If the network is stable as is, then there is no need to change anything. We only need to prove this to those who think it is not.

I found a full guide for creating a new blockchain which would be useful, we can probably get right up to the coding and testing part. Bit John said they are going to put Col back up next week but we could see it go down again. In theory our staking wallets should do the trick too but won't see the results for a little while yet.

I'm a dreamer too but I believe that enough people with big ideas and determination can achieve anything.

I also have been searching through for local coders but we can also freelance through a few major sites.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
you should give us a hand with coding

Sorry, it probably was a mistake on my part. I should have made it clear that I am only the dreamer, not the coder guy. You need to allocate some other human resources to that job. Grin

In my early university years, I opted out from the C++ 1O1 mini course when our arabian teacher (who couldn't even speak English, let alone our native language fluidly) hit the "object oriented C" marking in the book. I barely understand a finished code. Sometimes I can bend that to my will by a small amount. But I can't create anything alone from scratch (which includes the process to extend the existing code with brand new functions).

I'm not sure why Cryptsy can't start trading Col again, all wallets are syncing and all transactions are fully confirmed in under 2 minutes. I've been sending coins back and forth between coinedup, no problems, no wallet issues either.

If the network is stable as is, then there is no need to change anything. We only need to prove this to those who think it is not.
legendary
It's a theoretical idead, but what about a hardfork which set every coin (which are already exist in that moment when the fork takes place) as stakeable?
This way we could acquire some COL from smaller exchanges and start the PoS mining in less than 30 days.
And I recommand to build in another hardcoded PoS coin age reset, 2 days after the first one, so people who just bought their coins on Cryptsy before their shutdown can enjoy the same benefits as the others from the fist reset.

Let's do this!  All options are on the table, you should give us a hand with coding. I've compiled a huge amount of resources to work with so let's get this party started!

We are strengthening the network too! Adding more nodes, staking wallets, and setting up a new checkpoint server!

The only thing we are having trouble with is Zack moved a wallet.dat to a new computer and it's showing 0 balance but coinplorer is showing the true balance. I compiled a bunch of the info from earlier in the thread. It's a small amount but will be useful in creating a better guide or a program to do it automatically.
It's just a theoretical idead, but what about a hardfork which sets every coin (which are already exist in that moment when the fork takes place) as stakeable?
This way we could acquire some COL from smaller exchanges and start the PoS mining in less than 30 days.
And I recommand to build in another hardcoded PoS coin age reset, 2 days after the first one, so people who just bought their coins on Cryptsy before their shutdown can enjoy the same benefits as the others from the fist reset.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
kill the POS and go strictly pow

boom, I solved ADT's and COL's problems at once

feel free to donate

1JQxSFaRUDRS6wp2yTsw59SEWyuy2UcebW

The problem is that POW would cause bigger issues like inflating the total number of coins and also meaning the TX fees would have to be higher and the coin would need mining power to be secure
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
kill the POS and go strictly pow

boom, I solved ADT's and COL's problems at once

feel free to donate

1JQxSFaRUDRS6wp2yTsw59SEWyuy2UcebW
MINT coin seems to work fine with 30 sec block time. At least so far... (it's hard to believe because some pools get close to 50% net hash sometimes which makes desyncronisation even more probable).

I think this is what testnet is for: to test these things before you act, or even better, to understand the problem before you start to fix it.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
I think that the POS Rounds may be too quick and are causing the out of sync issues.  Is there any way to program the PoS to hit a minimum of 2 minute blocks?  This will help stabilize the coin better and any PoS that hits under 120 seconds from the last block is immediately rejected to avoid desyncing issues.

I have seen POS hit 3-4 times in a minute so this may be our issues we are experiencing.  The COL Wallet needs a hard fork, block all previous versions and program the POS to reject all POS hits under 120 seconds.

If the wallet hit a POS in under 120 seconds, it should then retry the POS block again in (120 - block time hit) while keeping the original Nonce hit time to gauge all other POS Hits and see who was first...

there would be lots of POS competition but at least it gives 1 minute for POS block to validate across the world.

Any new POS validation after the 1 minute mark will be auto rejected to give 1 minute buffer time to update the rest of the world as well.

Hope this idea helps.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Your coins are actually left untouched while trading occurs. The buy/sell orders are a seperate ledger. If it wasn't, the blockchain would be many times its current size. Wink

I know that but I don't understand how this changes anything about what I talked about.

We are making staking wallets that will normalize all transaction times but they will take 30 days to make. I will also set up a couple nodes for faster sync times.

So I will probably need to wait ~30 days before Cryptsy brings the COL market back online...?
I believe this sounds correct.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Your coins are actually left untouched while trading occurs. The buy/sell orders are a seperate ledger. If it wasn't, the blockchain would be many times its current size. Wink

I know that but I don't understand how this changes anything about what I talked about.

I was trying to be clear on how PoS is generated regardless of whether or not the coin is on the market.

Nothing will change so long as we continue to support these scam coins and the greedy exhcanges that list them.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
You're not alone Sad

We are making staking wallets that will normalize all transaction times but they will take 30 days to make. I will also set up a couple nodes for faster sync times.

So I will probably need to wait ~30 days before Cryptsy brings the COL market back online...?
legendary
I got a hold of Bit John and he's assured me that all the coins are fine. They are holding coins because they have been getting charge backs with deposits and withdrawals and so if coins don't arrive, it's a nightmare to track. He said he doesn't know whether it's the staking or syncing causing it but will get confirmation.

Once we have some wallets that continually stake and some nodes, it should resolve all these problems
legendary
Will Cryptsy dump it and drive the price down ?

Or will they do what is right and pay 99% of it to the rightful owners ?

Cryptsy can't keep people's coins so they aren't going anywhere. They have like 30% of the coins so if they dumped them and stole the money, they would be stealing 200k+ which would kill their business. I'll talk to bit John today about getting it resisted and talking to developers today/tomorrow. Lots of new exchanges listing Col plus I'm making some wallets that will continually stake so the cryptsy thing shouldn't be an issue. I'll keep you guys updated as I go.

I think he talked about the amount which could possibly be generated by Cryptsy through PoS mining.
After all, all we know is that trading and withdrawals are halted on Cryptsy. We don't know if they do some PoS mining with our money in the background.
And another problem is that if they do then they will have some COL to sell which can possibly drive the price down when the market comes back online.

We may aswell consider Cryptsy, and others, CENTRAL BANKS.

How did we go so wrong ?
legendary
Fixing the problems with the coin would go a long way in sorting out these issues. All well and good getting it relisted, but the wallet and blockchain needs to be fixed.

The wallet and blockchain are the number 1 priorities, I'm waiting to hear back from a local development team here in Vancouver but will see the project manager at the bitcoin co-op tomorrow either way. I only talked to him on Friday and he said he has some developers that want to work on a coin and sent some emails out. I can't start calling him a hundred times a day, Just have to be patient and look for all types of opportunities. I would like to be involved hands on with the coding and development but if you know some POS coders, send them our way.
legendary

Cryptsy can't keep people's coins so they aren't going anywhere. They have like 30% of the coins so if they dumped them and stole the money, they would be stealing 200k+ which would kill their business. I'll talk to bit John today about getting it resisted and talking to developers today/tomorrow. Lots of new exchanges listing Col plus I'm making some wallets that will continually stake so the cryptsy thing shouldn't be an issue. I'll keep you guys updated as I go.

I think he talked about the amount which could possibly be generated by Cryptsy through PoS mining.
After all, all we know is that trading and withdrawals are halted on Cryptsy. We don't know if they do some PoS mining with our money in the background.
And another problem is that if they do then they will have some COL to sell which can possibly drive the price down when the market comes back online.

Coins-e, coinedup, cryptorush and the wallet all work fine but Cryptsy is still holding our coins. They've got about 400 mil of my coins plus the development fund which has around 50 mil. In an ideal situation I would like them to just resume trading but I don't know if I can trust Cryptsy anymore so maybe it would be better just to take our coins elsewhere.

Cryptsy wallet stakes 1% a month so if they sold it down after holding everyone's coins for a month, that's pretty questionable trading practices.

Activity: 532
Fixing the problems with the coin would go a long way in sorting out these issues. All well and good getting it relisted, but the wallet and blockchain needs to be fixed.
legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: