Author

Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (COMM) | Pure PoS | Original COMM MultiPools Coming Soon - page 542. (Read 523781 times)

staff
Activity: 1286
Merit: 1085
@Adriano.

Feedback about the faucet:

People will walk away if they do not know when exactly they can come back for more. All they get is the message
'GREEDY! Wait longer then try again later.'
They'll get frustrated if they try a couple more times too quick, not knowing when to come back.

I see you've changed it, but I think you forgot to add '60 min' after 'come back in'
It only says
'Don't be so Greedy! Please come back in for a new request.'

You are fast! I was yet changing it... too many changes under the hood for this :-)

Anyway, it is ok now.

Adriano
Activity: 779
Merit: 500
Activity: 490
Merit: 252
@Adriano.

People will walk away if they do not know when exactly they can come back for more. All they get is the message
They'll get frustrated if they try a couple more times too quick, not knowing when to come back.

I see you've changed it, but I think you forgot to add '60 min' after 'come back in'
It only says
'Don't be so Greedy! Please come back in for a new request.'
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
friendly reminder,
Dumping comm and encourage others to do so (at delivery stage)  and asking people to use exchanges (so kill community spirit) it or using more than one account to request comm or attacking the comm coin is not helping anyone. That's why we have blacklist and group discipline. As a dev i am part of this group and just abiding these simple rules.

Yes, we should have strict group discipline. We do not need cheater or free rider.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Come on.

Vote on mintpal!!!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
what is multipool and how does it help the coin :?

People with a very small stake compared to big stakeholders will hardly have any chance to mint more coins. In a multipool these people add all their coins together so that their total amount on coins would be larger and their chance to mint would be bigger as well.

No, it's a multipool like hashcows, wafflepool. You mine other altcoins
and then using the btc generated purchase CommunityCoin.

For a PoS coin like COMM it gives you regular buy pressure.

Does any of the exchanges where COMM is being traded offer API for trade ? If so, instead of developing a multipool we could only setup an address to receive the BTC generated on other multipools and configure a bot to buy the COMM whenever some BTC is received. This way each user willing to use the multipool point his mining equipment to one of the already existing multipools and configure the withdraw address to bot's one. We would need to have one different BTC address to each user, in order to share the COMM bought proportionally.

If I'm missing the point please let me know.

Adriano

The coin is on bittrex which does have a trade api. But not looked
at it in detail. Mintpal which everyone is voting to get listed on
doesn't currently have one. Although I think they are testing a
new api update in private beta.

https://bittrex.com/Home/Api

FairCoin is using a stratum proxy to use wafflepool, so if something
like could be setup. Would that be easy than a api bot?

http://fair-coin.info/multipool

I did send a message to hashcows, who replied and said would take
a look at the coin. But not heard back yet, they added an option
for MintCoin payouts. Which is what I asked, if they would add the
same option for COMM.

Sorry for taking so long to reply...  I ended up missing your answer.

I just checked and it is easy to do the same as faircoin is doing. I would even suggest someone to compare wafflepool and wemineall because of the fees wafflepool charges (at wemineall you can donate whatever % you want)

I couldn't figure out how they trade de coins with the bitcoins generated... I think they do it manually and not so often. If I'm wrong someone please explain it to me.

Regards,

Adriano
Anybody knows about blackpool (http://blackcoinpool.com/ scrypt+sha256 mining for BC no registration) ?
That could be an interesting concept too. (more or less the same as fairpool, but doesn't seem to depend from a big multipool)
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Voted 10+ times. Climbing slowly but 78 coins still ahead of us :/ Need to be in it for the long haul
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
4225 Votes & counting, keep voting Community Smiley
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
@Adriano.

staff
Activity: 1286
Merit: 1085
what is multipool and how does it help the coin :?

People with a very small stake compared to big stakeholders will hardly have any chance to mint more coins. In a multipool these people add all their coins together so that their total amount on coins would be larger and their chance to mint would be bigger as well.

No, it's a multipool like hashcows, wafflepool. You mine other altcoins
and then using the btc generated purchase CommunityCoin.

For a PoS coin like COMM it gives you regular buy pressure.

Does any of the exchanges where COMM is being traded offer API for trade ? If so, instead of developing a multipool we could only setup an address to receive the BTC generated on other multipools and configure a bot to buy the COMM whenever some BTC is received. This way each user willing to use the multipool point his mining equipment to one of the already existing multipools and configure the withdraw address to bot's one. We would need to have one different BTC address to each user, in order to share the COMM bought proportionally.

If I'm missing the point please let me know.

Adriano

The coin is on bittrex which does have a trade api. But not looked
at it in detail. Mintpal which everyone is voting to get listed on
doesn't currently have one. Although I think they are testing a
new api update in private beta.

https://bittrex.com/Home/Api

FairCoin is using a stratum proxy to use wafflepool, so if something
like could be setup. Would that be easy than a api bot?

http://fair-coin.info/multipool

I did send a message to hashcows, who replied and said would take
a look at the coin. But not heard back yet, they added an option
for MintCoin payouts. Which is what I asked, if they would add the
same option for COMM.

Sorry for taking so long to reply...  I ended up missing your answer.

I just checked and it is easy to do the same as faircoin is doing. I would even suggest someone to compare wafflepool and wemineall because of the fees wafflepool charges (at wemineall you can donate whatever % you want)

I couldn't figure out how they trade de coins with the bitcoins generated... I think they do it manually and not so often. If I'm wrong someone please explain it to me.

Regards,

Adriano
Activity: 196

Thank you, do you know why only 250K instead of the whole balance is used for the stake? Also where do the minted coins come from? Does this come from the transaction fees (like Nxt?) People are not getting robbed from their coins and send to others, and coins are already in existence.

The amount that stakes is like cryptolemaik mentioned. It's based on
the time you've waited, so if you didn't open your wallet for example 1
month, it will stake a bigger part of your balance. Wait long enough and
it will stake the full balance.

The minted coins are new, and can be compared to PoW mining. They
are not from tx fees, nor are they coming from anyone else. They are
freshly minted = mined coins.
Activity: 551
Merit: 500

Thank you, do you know why only 250K instead of the whole balance is used for the stake? Also where do the minted coins come from? Does this come from the transaction fees (like Nxt?) People are not getting robbed from their coins and send to others, and coins are already in existence.

It depends on the coin-days which meets the minimum time holding (e.g. 1day). If you have the 1 mil coins at about the same time, you should get 4 blocks. The others should come if you leave the wallet open.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
ZHIANG XANG
4162 votes. Vote on mintpal when I can.  Grin
Activity: 182
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
This idea of Communitycoin is damned good,it's also a really great coin with its fairness.

Let's spread the word in our friends.

I put my information on ecoiner.

Thank you,dev.

Best regards.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
I come back to the community finally.

One week ago, I was trying to spread our COMM to more people.
I posted advertise on several thread, nxt, bc, nem. Hope it can attract some attention.
And then......... I got banned for a week due to spam.   Angry Angry Angry Angry

Never do this kind of stupid thing from now on.   Angry Angry Angry

And what positive can I do for the community now, besides voting on mintpal ? Huh

You can post here to get COMM on bter

I just requested for community coin to be added to the list of coins you can vote for in the bter thread. It's only a start but if enough of us ask they will add COMM to their poll, then we can start voting for it to be added to bter.

You can request for COMM to be added to their poll here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annvote-new-coins-on-btercom-which-new-coin-should-bter-add-in-next-week-502363

You can pledge to donate for a COMM multipool here

We are 25 now.

Donation for community coin multipool creation:

xtester - 10k
bytedisorder - 10k
cryptolemaik - 10k
shinep - 5k
pabloangello - 10k
Nxtblg - 10k
brightlight - 10k
qiwoman - 5k
baby222 - 5k
greenclover - 10k
schnötzel - 10k
EbonHawk - 10k
djm34 - 5k
mmedinas - 10k
Hash72 - 5k
Jengo - 10k
doremi - 5k
JamesOng - 10k
jalmari - 5k
poncom - 5k
Rune - 5k
Equate - 5k
ple - 10k
fudge - 10k
lemfuture - 5k

P.S. For now we are only pledging to donate. Does someone know a dev which would be able to execute the multipool for CommunityCoin?

The multipool will allow people to mine the most profitable coins and automatically convert them and pay miners in communitycoins. This was one of the main reasons behind blackcoins steady price increase.

Good progress. Anybody else?

Mintpal vote update: 4107 and counting.
Jump to: