Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [CPR] | Copper Bars | Scrypt-Jane | GPU Efficiency JUST DROPPED - page 7. (Read 77795 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
i take it the insane difficulty is as a  result of a visit by large hash power?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
So, for solo mining CPR with GPU using GPU miner we all use, it should be something like this:

start  copperbar --scrypt --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 28160 --shaders 1792 -I 18 -o http://127.0.0.1:7873-u x -p xxx  --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-cutoff 85 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 -Q 0 -s 1 -E 5

this is for 7950..

and the conf file in appdata :
listen=1
gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7873

CopperBars-qt is up and synced, but I can not connect to RPC port.. cgminer says no connection or wrong pass.. what can be the problem ??
windows firewall is off..

what is wrong ?

Also, is there some P2P pool working ?

Get rid of shaders, they are not needed. Change your Thread concurrency to 41216 and unless you renamed the executable, it is coperbar, not copperbar.

thanks for the tip about TC 41216 Wink .. now the best for me, with best good/orphaned ratio is:
------------
 cgminer --scrypt --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 41216 -I 17 -o http://wk1.botpool.net:6020 -u xxx -p xxx --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1550 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-cutoff 85 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 -Q 0 -s 1 -E 5
-----------------

I lowered Intensity to 17..
.. this is for 2*7950.. I have 8GB ram..
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Pool Invalid    831 (27.43%)  ---- from cpr.botpool.net

Orphan and Orphan and Orphan  -----from cpr.coinmine.pl

so very little profit in mine this coin now

I tried both and botpool works better. Weird, I would think coinmine with stratum proxy would work better, but nearly 50% of the times the payout is orphan.
Activity: 178
Pool Invalid    831 (27.43%)  ---- from cpr.botpool.net

Orphan and Orphan and Orphan  -----from cpr.coinmine.pl

so very little profit in mine this coin now
Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
So this scrypt-jane confuses me , if i run cpu i get 4k per thread approx.  If i run my gpu i get ~ 400k but from reading this forum it says gpu isn't worth it anymore.  THere is some information that iam missing and i am not sure what that is, can someone please enlighten me why cpu mining is better?  Is it also better to cpu mine in a pool or solo?

thanks

Your CPU performance seems about right (My 3930k  gets 5.2k / thread atm). CPU mining isn't better at all. GPU is still worth it (relative to LTC) but performance is diminishing quickly so you may hit a point where the profit / day (due to power) is not worth it, leading up to one point where it will not be possible at all due to memory requirements. See http://yacexplorer.tk/graphs.htm#tech, this coin will follow a similar curve (different dates etc).

Not sure what the current NFactor is (Should be around 8 or 9 ). I would use a pool imo, blocks are still quite fast.

Are you using minerd/poolers cpuminer? Im trying to figure out how to use scrypt jane and have no idea why i cant get it to work
You cannot use the stock poolers cpuminer. You need to get one that supports scrypt jane (Such as ones from yacoin, I modified mikaelh's as a test) and have the correct NFMin/NFMax/StartTime set. ig0tik3d posted one in this thread (with source), can't remember which page it is on though. Now unless this somehow hits 50 LTC each I cannot see it being better to CPU mine than the others (SRC/QRK etc), but that is just me.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
here is my command
minerd -a scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:8334 -u username -p password

config file
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=*
listen=1
rpcport=8334
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
Activity: 439
So this scrypt-jane confuses me , if i run cpu i get 4k per thread approx.  If i run my gpu i get ~ 400k but from reading this forum it says gpu isn't worth it anymore.  THere is some information that iam missing and i am not sure what that is, can someone please enlighten me why cpu mining is better?  Is it also better to cpu mine in a pool or solo?

thanks

Are you using minerd/poolers cpuminer? Im trying to figure out how to use scrypt jane and have no idea why i cant get it to work
So this scrypt-jane confuses me , if i run cpu i get 4k per thread approx.  If i run my gpu i get ~ 400k but from reading this forum it says gpu isn't worth it anymore.  THere is some information that iam missing and i am not sure what that is, can someone please enlighten me why cpu mining is better?  Is it also better to cpu mine in a pool or solo?

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Anyone know 7970 settings and hashrate for now?

i have a 7970 Smiley

i run it undervolted though, with these settings :

--gpu-engine 910 --gpu-memclock 1095 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 64 --lookup-gap 2 --no-submit-stale -s 1 -E 1 -Q 0

getting 450 khash/sec , running at 1.075 V , bout 30% rejects but that's partially because the botpool service doesn't have stratum :<

Activity: 531
AMD | Mining | NVIDIA
Anyone know 7970 settings and hashrate for now?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
seems to be holding strong at an average of 4.5-5 LTC per CPR Smiley
So is this good to mine with CPU?  What is the expected CPU has rate?  I run mine but i only get like 3k per thread.
Activity: 275
So, for solo mining CPR with GPU using GPU miner we all use, it should be something like this:

start  copperbar --scrypt --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 28160 --shaders 1792 -I 18 -o http://127.0.0.1:7873-u x -p xxx  --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --temp-target 73 --temp-cutoff 85 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 -Q 0 -s 1 -E 5

this is for 7950..

listen=1
gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7873

CopperBars-qt is up and synced, but I can not connect to RPC port.. cgminer says no connection or wrong pass.. what can be the problem ??

what is wrong ?

Get rid of shaders, they are not needed. Change your Thread concurrency to 41216 and unless you renamed the executable, it is coperbar, not copperbar.
Activity: 196

this is for 7950..

listen=1
gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7873

what is wrong ?

Activity: 439
So with the latest cpuminer/minerd do I have to download 'scrypt Jane' or can I just start minerd with the command:

./minerd -a scrypt (then pool url and user credentials)?

Or will I just generate invalid shares? I have never tried to mine a coin that uses 'Scrypt Jane' (Like YAC) so any yelp would be great
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Pool seems down, anyone know of an alternative pool?

Pool is up
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Pool seems down, anyone know of an alternative pool?
legendary
Added our Twitter and Facebook info
Activity: 518
So 7,000 MH/s wouldn't mine much CPR at all is what you are telling me?

-Adeel

Do you mean Kh/s? Because it would definitely be worth it for 7,000 Mh/s. Otherwise, 7,000 Kh/s would get you around 3 to 4 CPR a day at the current difficulty, but it's slow creeping up. Still worth to mine for a couple day with your hashrate. I'm mining, even though I only get 900~1100 Kh/s

It's not the difficulty going up, it's the GPU hasrate efficiency going down, like scrypt-jane is designed to do

Approximately how long will Scrypt-Jane GPU mining be equal speed as CPU mining? I really didn't research into Scrypt-Jane algorithm. I'll research on it more online....

Also, I can't use Worksize 256 on my 2x HD 5870 and HD 5850, I get errors. 128 works, but is slow and 64 work the best for some strange reason. Would raised my GPU Threads from 1 to 5 help?
legendary
So 7,000 MH/s wouldn't mine much CPR at all is what you are telling me?

-Adeel

Do you mean Kh/s? Because it would definitely be worth it for 7,000 Mh/s. Otherwise, 7,000 Kh/s would get you around 3 to 4 CPR a day at the current difficulty, but it's slow creeping up. Still worth to mine for a couple day with your hashrate. I'm mining, even though I only get 900~1100 Kh/s

It's not the difficulty going up, it's the GPU hasrate efficiency going down, like scrypt-jane is designed to do
Pages:
Jump to: