Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes - page 78. (Read 482497 times)

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
Several people who have mined since the launch have gotten 2 to 3 blocks, while others are bragging about having found several blocks with a h / s rate well below other miners. I myself have been mining since the first day and only 2 blocks so far. I'm starting to discredit the "Equality" of the ad.   Undecided

There were too many blocks found in the first few hours of the blockchain. I started mining at block 40 and left it overnight after having found 1 block. When I woke up it was about 1000 but my computer had restarted and I lost all the mining  Angry

The next day blocks came much slower and difficulty was already up, though with wild fluctuations
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
We've doubled the bounty for the pool for the exact reason of equality Cheesy

Mining has exploded, we knew this project is massive, but this is colossal.
Activity: 26
Several people who have mined since the launch have gotten 2 to 3 blocks, while others are bragging about having found several blocks with a h / s rate well below other miners. I myself have been mining since the first day and only 2 blocks so far. I'm starting to discredit the "Equality" of the ad.   Undecided

we have had way more miners then we expected, we are currently working on the pools and we have a bounty open for the first pool creation, we didnt expect there to be as many miners as there are, once pools are introduced i think we will regain the ability for a fair distribution Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
The bounty for making a pool has now been doubled. Its 1000 CRDS. This is equal to 1000$ in today's OTC prices.
Activity: 4
Activity: 612
Merit: 500
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Give me please nodelist. My wallet not sync.
Activity: 685
Wow.. last night I got the block with a Core 2 Duo.. 4k hash
Nice..
Few minutes ago i got one with 4 cores after more than 20h without luck. It is not impossible but it is very hard to get a block, we urgently need a pool. 11k hash..

Anyone can do the math.. with 4k i should get 1 of every 1000 blocks (net hash / 4k).. Wink

You won't get with this hashrate increment..Also this was luck and cannot be calculated this way. It might happen you find 2 in next few hours and next 48 hours This doesn't mean you are mining one block per day.

I mean in a long term.. statistically. I think I'm right.. Wink
Activity: 347
Merit: 250
Activity: 2017
WTS 400 CRDS (Credits)
Price for 400 is 0.145BTC or 1 ETH (Discounted!)
PM me, already had several trades, I'm trusted seller!

PS Network hashrate (now 4.3m h/s, was 2.2 m h/s)  and difficulty almost doubled and it's really hard to mine now!

Due to this hash-rate increasement we can say price must be 2$..
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
WTS 400 CRDS (Credits)

PS Network hashrate (now 4.3m h/s, was 2.2 m h/s)  and difficulty almost doubled and it's really hard to mine now!

Vouched for this guy Smiley had my masternode running now , thanks dude.
On the official sit where you have to choose a cpu to download the wallet there are many models missing.
In fact, all those earlier intel core i5/i7 like sandy bridge that support avx but not avx2

As a result, that wallet version is never recommended for download and users are force to choose standard instead

The standard version is for non-avx2 CPU's.

If you select any of the CPU's in the list, the AVX2 version is shown.

This is correct.

(Go and try running the AVX2 version on a non-AVX2 CPU, report back your findings)

The list as is can be a bit confusing  Huh especially for those with a fringe processor, that are old, but not that old.
For instance I downloaded the AVX2 version for an early i3 and the program wouldn't work, it just crashed without an error...
The wallet needs some work done, it would be nice to have an indicator of when it's mining or not, and a warning when it detects a not supported processor.

It isn't confusing, select your processor if its listed, you get AVX2 Version. If it isn't listed you select the option that says your CPU isnt listed, then you get the Standard Version.

It works. There is no issue here.
Activity: 57
On the official sit where you have to choose a cpu to download the wallet there are many models missing.
In fact, all those earlier intel core i5/i7 like sandy bridge that support avx but not avx2

As a result, that wallet version is never recommended for download and users are force to choose standard instead

This is correct.

(Go and try running the AVX2 version on a non-AVX2 CPU, report back your findings)

The list as is can be a bit confusing  Huh especially for those with a fringe processor, that are old, but not that old.
For instance I downloaded the AVX2 version for an early i3 and the program wouldn't work, it just crashed without an error...
The wallet needs some work done, it would be nice to have an indicator of when it's mining or not, and a warning when it detects a not supported processor.

This is correct.

That's not what I meant.
There exists a version for avx1 on GitHub. This should be the recommended for sandy/ivy bridge and perhaps earlier core i5/i7 (but not core 2 duo/quad)

But such processors are not on the list so the avx1 version is never offered for download.

Is that the case for a reason? Why not add those cpus in the list?

There is no AVX1 version on GitHub for Credits. There is an AVX2 optimised binary that Wolf0 did the optimisations for in the code. There are no AVX optimised binaries. The standard binaries are compatible with all 64-bit CPUs.
Activity: 409

This is correct.

That's not what I meant.
There exists a version for avx1 on GitHub. This should be the recommended for sandy/ivy bridge and perhaps earlier core i5/i7 (but not core 2 duo/quad)

But such processors are not on the list so the avx1 version is never offered for download.

Is that the case for a reason? Why not add those cpus in the list?
Activity: 742
WTS 400 CRDS (Credits)

This is correct.

Activity: 409

Activity: 347
Activity: 2017
Wow.. last night I got the block with a Core 2 Duo.. 4k hash
Nice..
Few minutes ago i got one with 4 cores after more than 20h without luck. It is not impossible but it is very hard to get a block, we urgently need a pool. 11k hash..

Anyone can do the math.. with 4k i should get 1 of every 1000 blocks (net hash / 4k).. Wink
You won't get with this hasrate increment..Also this was luck and cannot be calculated this way. It might happen you find 2 in next few hours and next 48 hours This doesn't mean you are mining one block per day.
Remember, the bigger pickaxe clears more work, but the small pickaxe sometimes finds a gem Wink
This day next year, the price might jump to $10 due to its scarcity. who knows.
Huh this one was really good, i think we need to focus to current price and exchange.
Remember, the bigger pickaxe clears more work, but the small pickaxe sometimes finds a gem Wink
This is true my best mining gains were from solo mining, everything else is projected incomes and with constant hashrate increasing this becomes overestimated prediction. But pools are needed as assurance.
When will the wallet on older systems 32bit?

Simply not possible due to architecture limitations with Argon2d. This is why it says on https://crds.io that Credits(CRDS) is for 64-bit systems only Wink
Activity: 824
Merit: 512
When will the wallet on older systems 32bit?
Pages:
Jump to: