Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 15. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
What happened? Why this coin made %200 up? I was checking this coin yesterday and if I would buy I could make 2X profit.
You should have bought because you believe in the project, not because you want to turn $1  Roll Eyes

Good pump on trex, not many coins rising now, glad to see that Cure coin on fire now. Tomorrow we will see how long this action will continue. May be this is the beginning of uptrend for Cure Wink
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
What happened? Why this coin made %200 up? I was checking this coin yesterday and if I would buy I could make 2X profit.
You should have bought because you believe in the project, not because you want to turn $1  Roll Eyes
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
Merit: 71
Activity: 23
Looks to be GRC ripoff.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Nice rise on bittrex right now, is CURE related to FLDC??
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
I'm watching and i love the cause --- i just don't see the investment side yet ....

my best to all

Activity: 23
Would love to see the coin adopted more broadly.

Get started by collaborating with Non-for-profits to promote and encourage acceptance in shops etc

Whilst also getting a Visa or Master Card (develop algo to trade cure->btc->usd/eur to transact in a backend).

Keep shredding!
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
The volume on the one remaining good exchange is at delisting levels.
What exchange do you mean?
The entire buy side on 'trex is under 3.5BTC

Quote from: Bittrex Market Removal Policy
Markets with low liquidity. Less that 15 BTC on the Buy side of the order book for Bitcoin markets.

Is trex the only exchange listing CURE? Any others even the smaller ones?

I have a feeling trex will probably delist CURE before we go 2.0.

CURE is on Livecoin also and, in fact, Livecoin had 70% of the volume in the past 24h. Reference: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/curecoin/#markets

Bittrex is always very reasonable when working with active projects. I see no cause for alarm.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Markets with low liquidity. Less that 15 BTC on the Buy side of the order book for Bitcoin markets.

Is trex the only exchange listing CURE? Any others even the smaller ones?

I have a feeling trex will probably delist CURE before we go 2.0.

Retired IRCX God

staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4111
Crypto Swap Exchange
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Curecoin 1.9.4.1
only 59 more wallet releases until curecoin 2.0  Grin

Sepaking of....how is that beta test going?

Curecoin 2

Let's hope all this ppd is directed towards longevity studies and as special reward for wasting my btc on it we get free treatment or can pay in curecoins (value magnified at x1000000 to the usd) so that we can be told about the coming of cure coin 2 for a few more centuries before it doesn't happen.

This project is amongst the most disappointing ever on bct.

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Curecoin 1.9.4.1
only 59 more wallet releases until curecoin 2.0  Grin

Sepaking of....how is that beta test going?
Activity: 12
Goodbye.

Vorshalk's "farm" is killing profitability on both CureCoin AND Foldingcoin, which I classify as ABUSE BY A DEVELOPER and am not willing to put up with any more.

This is NOT going to "increase the price of the coin" - the SAME number of coins still get generated, they STILL end up getting spent - "donating them to charity" just means the CHARITY ends up spending them at which point they're right back into circulation.

The ONLY effect of this massive farm is to KILL PROFITABILITY FOR THOSE OF US PARTICIPATING IN BOTH PROJECTS.

If he really wanted to increase the price of the coin, he'd put the $100,000 (OR MORE, since he said he was using rigs with ONE GPU PER RIG) into BUYING CURECOIN instead - which WOULD increase the price of the coin, and if he then HELD ON to the Curecoin he bought it would also reduce the supply FOR REAL helping prop the price up.

I am also starting to wonder VERY SERIOUSLY where he is getting the money to BUILD this farm - he's not like Ed Olkkola who is KNOWN to have a high-pay type job as an executive for an "investment banker" type company and has built his farm up over years.

I can see it being reasonable for a Developer of a coin to have a FEW rigs for testing with.
 100+ RIGS that are eating over 10% of the profitability of the coin AND STILL GROWING IN NUMBER AND PROFITABILITY KILLING is not reasonable by ANY standard.

I know Vorshalk already replied but someone posted a complaint about this on reddit and I thought Vorshalk's there response was pretty good:  https://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin/comments/6xiwf8/almost_a_million_premined_coins_wasnt_enough/

IMO I think the only reason this seems like a big deal is the sticker shock of the PPD going over a billion.  I've only been folding since this summer but when I started it was around 700 million.  Yes Vorshalk is part of that, but the rest of the PPD didn't appear out of thin air.  The fact is that right now, merged mining curecoin and foldingcoin is without a doubt the most profitable coin you can mine on almost any GPU.  Personally I wouldn't fold if there wasn't a monetary incentive.  Its not that I'm heartless but I'm not a gamer nor do I work in any field that requires me to own a GPU, so the hardware I have was purchased to make a profit.  There are however a lot of people who here who fold who primarily look at the good that it does, and the money are a secondary bonus.  If you see it from their point, buying and holding curecoin does nothing to cure disease.  Its like me buying biotech stocks on the NASDAQ and claiming I'm helping the world.  

I asked Vorshalk where he was renting the GPUs from and he straight up told me:  https://www.hetzner.com/?country=us    So its not like he hiding some lucrative resource.  Like they say, if you can't beat them, join them.  You are more than welcome to rent 80 instances Smiley

Aaand like this we had PPD almost touching 1.4 billion the day after this post.
Not saying that this one is to blame ... all I'm saying is the rented server power reeeeally eats up the profits of the little guys (those who can't rent)
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Goodbye.

Vorshalk's "farm" is killing profitability on both CureCoin AND Foldingcoin, which I classify as ABUSE BY A DEVELOPER and am not willing to put up with any more.

This is NOT going to "increase the price of the coin" - the SAME number of coins still get generated, they STILL end up getting spent - "donating them to charity" just means the CHARITY ends up spending them at which point they're right back into circulation.

The ONLY effect of this massive farm is to KILL PROFITABILITY FOR THOSE OF US PARTICIPATING IN BOTH PROJECTS.

If he really wanted to increase the price of the coin, he'd put the $100,000 (OR MORE, since he said he was using rigs with ONE GPU PER RIG) into BUYING CURECOIN instead - which WOULD increase the price of the coin, and if he then HELD ON to the Curecoin he bought it would also reduce the supply FOR REAL helping prop the price up.

I am also starting to wonder VERY SERIOUSLY where he is getting the money to BUILD this farm - he's not like Ed Olkkola who is KNOWN to have a high-pay type job as an executive for an "investment banker" type company and has built his farm up over years.

I can see it being reasonable for a Developer of a coin to have a FEW rigs for testing with.
 100+ RIGS that are eating over 10% of the profitability of the coin AND STILL GROWING IN NUMBER AND PROFITABILITY KILLING is not reasonable by ANY standard.

I know Vorshalk already replied but someone posted a complaint about this on reddit and I thought Vorshalk's there response was pretty good:  https://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin/comments/6xiwf8/almost_a_million_premined_coins_wasnt_enough/

IMO I think the only reason this seems like a big deal is the sticker shock of the PPD going over a billion.  I've only been folding since this summer but when I started it was around 700 million.  Yes Vorshalk is part of that, but the rest of the PPD didn't appear out of thin air.  The fact is that right now, merged mining curecoin and foldingcoin is without a doubt the most profitable coin you can mine on almost any GPU.  Personally I wouldn't fold if there wasn't a monetary incentive.  Its not that I'm heartless but I'm not a gamer nor do I work in any field that requires me to own a GPU, so the hardware I have was purchased to make a profit.  There are however a lot of people who here who fold who primarily look at the good that it does, and the money are a secondary bonus.  If you see it from their point, buying and holding curecoin does nothing to cure disease.  Its like me buying biotech stocks on the NASDAQ and claiming I'm helping the world.  

I asked Vorshalk where he was renting the GPUs from and he straight up told me:  https://www.hetzner.com/?country=us    So its not like he hiding some lucrative resource.  Like they say, if you can't beat them, join them.  You are more than welcome to rent 80 instances Smiley
Retired IRCX God
And I thought that exact same thing a year ago  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Curecoin 1.9.4.1
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I just felt the need to write this since i think you are getting way to many hate comments from butthurt people who complain about profitability.

Some fold for the cause, some for profitabilty, some for both.

Keep in mind that CURE/FLDC team's folding results skyrocketed once the profitability of CURE+FLDC was high enough to beat other altcoins.

Profitability is a tool and the higher it is the more people will join the fold and therefore the higher the chance to defeat diseases.
Activity: 5
Goodbye.

Anyone is free to build and deploy any number of servers for Curecoin folding (or any other type of mining in the cryptocurrency ecosystem); the entire ethos of this space relies on the permissionless nature of blockchain technology. No projects in this space can be built with any expectation of profit--the availability of hardware and performance of software will dictate the amount of folding/mining. It's a free market, and anyone is able to participate at any level. Curecoin developers don't have any advantage over anyone else in the ecosystem; would people be upset if a large folder unrelated to the development team were to come in and do the exact same thing? The fact that I'm involved in the project shouldn't limit my ability to participate compared to anyone else who isn't contributing code/ideas to the project. I'm not making any changes to the protocol or otherwise modifying the project in any way that benefits me, I'm simply paying money to build out infrastructure, and using it for folding for now.

I'm not going to purchase Curecoin for the sake of holding up the market--the goal of Curecoin is to drastically improve the computational resources put towards groundbreaking medical research, not ensure a profit margin for a particular user. The farm is no longer growing (and hasn't for a while), and it's around 8% of the total folding power, I believe. Building a mining rig is a calculated risk, and decisions should be made based on expected market growth/decline, profit margin predictions, alternative uses for the hardware that also generate profit, etc. Assuming that someone won't step in and benefit from an economic incentive is a bit silly, whether they're a developer of the project or not.

Sorry to see you go Sad

I folded a long time before Curecoin or foldingcoin was a thing, and Merged folding made it possible to fold much more, and i think that people like Quintleo who i have seen jumping from coin to coin to fold should not be folding, he does not appreciate what folding is. i would fold even if i earn 0 but would not be able to fold this much.

Yes, money is a part of it, but srsly who doesnt have a relative that has had cancer and died, or have it and struggle.
This is just as important as the money.  1 out of 3 gets cancer in their life.

And i think you should fold as much as you like, you are the future of this coin, and you definitely in my opinion should hold a lot of curecoin, i have never in the 5 months i have been tracking curecoin charts seen this big of a buy wall.

I hope the progress with curecoin 2.0 and sigmax goes smoothly, curecoin will probably hit a dollar per one coin after that.
and the more the price rises the better, we will get more and more folders, so we can beat this shit cancer.

I just felt the need to write this since i think you are getting way to many hate comments from butthurt people who complain about profitability.
Pages:
Jump to: