Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 10. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 10
Just HODL
Interesting project and nice to be rewarded with this coin. I have now also some machines running Folding@Home.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
Hi there,

is there any working mining pool?
I've try all the one on the main thread, no one works
If there is one, it's unknown. Since miners were never really welcomed to the party (and in many cases looked down upon for even wanting to), most just faded away and it's just mostly 3 "large" solo miners that only hit the chain on an irregular basis.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Hi there,

is there any working mining pool?
I've try all the one on the main thread, no one works
Activity: 104
Merit: 31
Hello! I think that this coin is a great idea, and I will do all I can to contribute to it's success!

You can also contribute to FoldingCoin, since both coins distribute token based on work done on the Folding@Home network. You can use the Folding Browser to get everything setup on Windows (https://foldingcoin.net/index.php/tutorials). For further info on FoldingCoin visit our webpage https://foldingcoin.net/.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
Hello! I think that this coin is a great idea, and I will do all I can to contribute to it's success!

Thanks for the kind words towards Curecoin and your willingness to contribute to it.

p.s. I like your username!
Activity: 266
Retired IRCX God
Maybe because now CURE+FLDC bring over 50% of PPD??
Or maybe because since one is run out of some dude's basement on a 4th party platform, the other has been promising updates for longer than most folders have been folding, and the buggy software for all of the above makes one feel like it's still 1997, mining crypto is a more attractive option even in cases where folding would be more profitable?
I really can't decide which is a less attractive quality: FLDC on Counterparty,CC's never ending steam of promised updates/upgrades that never happen, that the CC difficulty algorithm is horrendous, or that Stanford would rather loose every folder in the world before they'd fix even the smallest of UI glitches.

Anyone that stays folding for more than a couple of months should be awarded one of these:
Activity: 103
From Stanford on down to CC and FLDC, the un-official official stance is always the same "It pretty much works the way it is, why mess with it?"
Why would they suddenly rush now?

Maybe because now CURE+FLDC bring over 50% of PPD??
Retired IRCX God
Vorksholk, I don't want to put pressure on you but it might be a good idea to have all that operational and released before May 10th and its Folding reward halving...

Quote from: cygnusxi
Tested out the latest code with Vorksholk tonight, seemed like a pretty solid piece of software and I'm exciting to it see a working gui, rpc client, test miner for the new certificate style block chain (which will not be needed during full 2.0 launch), and the backbone of it all a very secure style of daemon running its highly innovative block chain. A little tweaking for windows OS and it should be ready for a large scale public alpha test soon (gui windows os bug to be squashed still, should be an easy one). Well that's all you get to hear for now on 2.0 from me, you can dig up some material at http://curecoinfolding.com/ to learn more about the backbone concept for the new system being built.
date=03/09/2015 6:53 am
link=https://curecoin.net/forum/curecoin-2-x-x-discussion/super-quick-update-on-2-0/

From Stanford on down to CC and FLDC, the un-official official stance is always the same "It pretty much works the way it is, why mess with it?"
Why would they suddenly rush now?

Activity: 103
The core codebase behind 2.0 (which I'm developing in conjunction with a larger overall blockchain platform project) is still going well and we're primarily working on stability and performance testing, and the next step is to redo the certificate system to be more robust and allow us to easily onboard DCNs in the future using a "root certificate" system similar to CAs. All the quantum computing crypto and mini-blockchain ledger work is done.

Vorksholk, I don't want to put pressure on you but it might be a good idea to have all that operational and released before May 10th and its Folding reward halving...
Activity: 101
the lack of ability to analyze coins
is what make the difference between the unsuccessful and the successful investor
curecoin is clear a potential x50 coin

if u ask why then start ur research again to see the obvious
Thank you, cryptonit. After reading your thread by chance, I have visited coinmarketcap website to see Curecoin price history.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/curecoin/
It's really interesting. For now, I put in under my radar for future portfolio.
Activity: 51
....the first 4-year blockchain distribution halving will be in about May 2018.  Wink
I'm not sure what that means, but the blockchain halving was last month.
Thanks for the correction. The POW reward halving, Block 210240, looks like it happened back on Jan 27th: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/block.dws?210240.htm

The Folding reward halving is set for May 10th.
Activity: 65
Merit: 5
thanks, yep, I'm cognizant that one computer won't help to earn a lot   Wink
It's not about earning a lot. It's about finding a cure for diseases. The earnings are just a way to get rewarded for technological philanthropy the folder does to save the humanity.
Retired IRCX God
....the first 4-year blockchain distribution halving will be in about May 2018.  Wink
I'm not sure what that means, but the blockchain halving was last month.
Activity: 51
Curecoin is one of the old coins that I know with suply 23,854,359.
Very little I think, but why ever the price has not changed Huh

Only about half of that supply is in circulation.
The price hasn't changed much because the first 4-year blockchain distribution halving will be in about May 2018.  Wink
The top 5 wallets on the blockchain explorer are the distribution addresses for rewarding doing Folding@Home work.
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
Curecoin is one of the old coins that I know with suply 23,854,359.
Very little I think, but why ever the price has not changed Huh
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Now mushrooming projects that copy each other. It is simply impossible to keep abreast of and understand what is each of them.

the lack of ability to analyze coins
is what make the difference between the unsuccessful and the successful investor
curecoin is clear a potential x50 coin

if u ask why then start ur research again to see the obvious
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
Now mushrooming projects that copy each other. It is simply impossible to keep abreast of and understand what is each of them.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
  guys, do you see the future potential revenue in this coin? maybe you have any forecasts for the price of this coin and its circulation? I really like this project because it has a real adoption with a noble goal, joined it with my computer but now I have thoughts to buy a powerful computer to join this project. would be any advices? or you can share your experience  Smiley

Since most cryptos spend huge amounts of electricity and thus release kilotons of CO2 in the atmosphere just to compute meaningless hashes (Bitcoin's yearly electricity consumption is pretty much the same as Peru's or New Zealand's) we can imagine that sooner or later governments may end-up banishing this kind of waste of energy so having bet on CureCoin with its PoW-free model (Curecoin 2.0 to be released soon this year Grin) would be a good thing.

Besides, CURE2.0 will be Quantum Computing resistant and is expected to have other nice features.

All these should be enough to make you take a decision especially if you are already aware that Folding helps Science.

Still, even with a powerful computer, don't expect to get rich overnight when you take into account that Vorksholk alone runs about 150 1080Ti GPUs (which by the way is a good sign he believes in the potential of this coin).

The core codebase behind 2.0 (which I'm developing in conjunction with a larger overall blockchain platform project) is still going well and we're primarily working on stability and performance testing, and the next step is to redo the certificate system to be more robust and allow us to easily onboard DCNs in the future using a "root certificate" system similar to CAs. All the quantum computing crypto and mini-blockchain ledger work is done.
Retired IRCX God
Post-halving, I'm not sure that a "good ASIC pool" is something that could even exist.
Pages:
Jump to: