Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 18. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Curecoin 2.0 uses a mini-blockchain which drastically reduces the footprint of the blockchain (and makes thin clients very lightweight), implements quantum-computer-resistant cryptography, and will have an as-close-to-decentralized-as-possible distribution mechanism for folding rewards.

Wow, this is an important and useful evolution for future. Reducing blockchain's footprint is really useful in future when blockchain grown. This is the main issue of most coins that we have to download 100GB or more in order to perform any transaction in the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
is CC2 POF (prove of folding) only or hybrid POF+POS ?
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
I see this whole "certificate" concept as just adding one more layer of complexity and confusion with no benefit at all to those of us that fold, especially since a normal Folding rig generally already HAS it's CPU cores tied up feeding data to the GPUs to DO the folding with.

Might be less of an issue if you include the "mining" software as an inherent part of the wallet.

For users who want to continue mining similar to how they do today, they can simply use a pool, and the pool will handle the complexity of the certificate system Smiley...
And where is that pool tree that the pool software grows on? Roll Eyes

We will release some basic pool software Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
I see this whole "certificate" concept as just adding one more layer of complexity and confusion with no benefit at all to those of us that fold, especially since a normal Folding rig generally already HAS it's CPU cores tied up feeding data to the GPUs to DO the folding with.

Might be less of an issue if you include the "mining" software as an inherent part of the wallet.

For users who want to continue mining similar to how they do today, they can simply use a pool, and the pool will handle the complexity of the certificate system Smiley...
And where is that pool tree that the pool software grows on? Roll Eyes
legendary

For users who want to continue mining similar to how they do today, they can simply use a pool, and the pool will handle the complexity of the certificate system Smiley

I can't see the trivial amount of resources used to do the actual mining as a big problem, especially since most will probably be using a pool to do that part anyway.

I think the ability to be able to contribute to a wider range of projects and have more certificate authorities, and the decentralization that brings, far outweighs having to have a second type of client or a wallet open while you're mining folding.

btw what other projects/cert authorities will be coming on board...or is it too early to tell still?

Yup, I don't expect the complexity of the certificate system to drive anyone away from folding, since pools will exist and users can just fold under the pool address or similar.

For other projects we don't have a specific guaranteed list, but GPUGrid was responsive to our inquiries a while ago, so they'd probably be one of the first additional projects we add.

I think the halving is about every 4 years, so more like May 2018.   Smiley
The info is in the OP:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BY-ezmmVbooFwa3dzJZowpYmxEu9HgO2o5FeR7Evc-U

Block 210240

With CC2.0 around the corner, is there a plan to burn the premine? Most of it could probably be burnt right now, and then the remainder just before the new coin launches.

Thanks for the information. Still a few months to go although less than a year from now. Sorry that I over look the OP, the spreadsheet stated clearly on coin distribution and halving details.

BTW, what are the new features in CC2.0?

The remaining initially mined tokens that haven't been distributed won't exist on the cc2.0 blockchain, so it'll be burnt or something similar (unless cc1.0 stays around as a merge-folded coin or something that we still do payouts on, but those tokens will be 'effectively' destroyed in cc2.0 because they still won't transfer).

Curecoin 2.0 uses a mini-blockchain which drastically reduces the footprint of the blockchain (and makes thin clients very lightweight), implements quantum-computer-resistant cryptography, and will have an as-close-to-decentralized-as-possible distribution mechanism for folding rewards.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
How soon will the reward of curecoin per block cutting half? It should be somewhere around next few months?

I can see great price of curecoin, at least 2X current price after reward halving.

best to focus on development to increase price rather than we are grasping at coin halvings to boost it
we need more interest in the project.

The info is in the OP:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BY-ezmmVbooFwa3dzJZowpYmxEu9HgO2o5FeR7Evc-U

Block 210240

With CC2.0 around the corner, is there a plan to burn the premine? Most of it could probably be burnt right now, and then the remainder just before the new coin launches.

Thanks for the information. Still a few months to go although less than a year from now. Sorry that I over look the OP, the spreadsheet stated clearly on coin distribution and halving details.

BTW, what are the new features in CC2.0?

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
The info is in the OP:

Block 210240

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
How soon will the reward of curecoin per block cutting half? It should be somewhere around next few months?

I can see great price of curecoin, at least 2X current price after reward halving.

I can't see the trivial amount of resources used to do the actual mining as a big problem, especially since most will probably be using a pool to do that part anyway.

I think the ability to be able to contribute to a wider range of projects and have more certificate authorities, and the decentralization that brings, far outweighs having to have a second type of client or a wallet open while you're mining folding.

btw what other projects/cert authorities will be coming on board...or is it too early to tell still?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Good question! Yes, certificate authorities will sign certificates which certify that a particular user (as identified by a Curecoin address) did a certain quantity of work. The certificate gives a range of nonces that that user is allowed to try mining with, and if they get a nonce in the provided range that, when combined with the previous block hash (as defined by the certificate), and their address (as defined by the certificate), they are allowed to make a block.

This sounds like you're now expecting Folders to mine as well to get our rewards?

Or am I being confused?

Folders will also 'mine' but in a similar way to PoS (as far as how many computations are done). The certificate might give, say, 400,000 nonces for 8 hours of folding work, but the miner could run through those 400,000 nonces on a CPU in far less than a single second.

Does it mean that folders will have to run a specific mining software to perform that task?
Or will it be included in the wallet?
And what if somebody doesn't want to keep his wallet "open"/online fulltime?
If the computer/rig holding that software crashes, will the folder lose the coins corresponding to what he folded during the crash if the computer isn't rebooted?
Will it be possible to have several instances of that mining software running in parallel on different computers/rigs to prevent this problem?

Oh and by the way, what about SigmaX? Will it finally also be released? Do you have more information about the distribution process?

Lots of questions Smiley

Lots of good questions!

The folder will not necessarily have to run specific mining software, since they could opt to join a pool instead (where their certificate goes to the pool, and an 'extraData' section of the certificate becomes the worker, or similar).

If they want to 'solo-fold' then they'll have to run a small additional 'bridge' software or similar, which receives the certificates and tries to process them. Most likely, this will be part of the Curecoin wallet itself, which would need to be open for solo folding.

There is a potential for downtime being an issue if, immediately before or upon receipt of a certificate, the client crashed and was unable to actually mine with the certificate (and the network passes them by, creating other valid blocks instead). There would be the option for serious folders to have some redundancy system wherein all certificates mined by a particular individual would be sent to multiple machines which all attempt mining. This wouldn't increase any mining odds, but only prevent a system's failure from interfering with mining a block using an awarded certificate.

Not sure what exactly SigmaX will look like, but it's still on the docket. Basically cc2.0 but with the certificate system replaced by traditional PoW. It'll be released after cc2.0, and the distribution is still up for discussion (although we'd like to give SigmaX tokens to existing Curecoin holders, perhaps similar to the Byteball distribution mechanism?).

Good to see you back active here. Cure coin needs an active well known developer to install some confidence in the future of the project.
legendary

Good question! Yes, certificate authorities will sign certificates which certify that a particular user (as identified by a Curecoin address) did a certain quantity of work. The certificate gives a range of nonces that that user is allowed to try mining with, and if they get a nonce in the provided range that, when combined with the previous block hash (as defined by the certificate), and their address (as defined by the certificate), they are allowed to make a block.

This sounds like you're now expecting Folders to mine as well to get our rewards?

Or am I being confused?

Folders will also 'mine' but in a similar way to PoS (as far as how many computations are done). The certificate might give, say, 400,000 nonces for 8 hours of folding work, but the miner could run through those 400,000 nonces on a CPU in far less than a single second.

Does it mean that folders will have to run a specific mining software to perform that task?
If the computer/rig holding that software crashes, will the folder lose the coins corresponding to what he folded during the crash if the computer isn't rebooted?
Will it be possible to have several instances of that mining software running in parallel on different computers/rigs to prevent this problem?

Oh and by the way, what about SigmaX? Will it finally also be released? Do you have more information about the distribution process?

Lots of questions Smiley

Lots of good questions!

The folder will not necessarily have to run specific mining software, since they could opt to join a pool instead (where their certificate goes to the pool, and an 'extraData' section of the certificate becomes the worker, or similar).

If they want to 'solo-fold' then they'll have to run a small additional 'bridge' software or similar, which receives the certificates and tries to process them. Most likely, this will be part of the Curecoin wallet itself, which would need to be open for solo folding.

There is a potential for downtime being an issue if, immediately before or upon receipt of a certificate, the client crashed and was unable to actually mine with the certificate (and the network passes them by, creating other valid blocks instead). There would be the option for serious folders to have some redundancy system wherein all certificates mined by a particular individual would be sent to multiple machines which all attempt mining. This wouldn't increase any mining odds, but only prevent a system's failure from interfering with mining a block using an awarded certificate.

Not sure what exactly SigmaX will look like, but it's still on the docket. Basically cc2.0 but with the certificate system replaced by traditional PoW. It'll be released after cc2.0, and the distribution is still up for discussion (although we'd like to give SigmaX tokens to existing Curecoin holders, perhaps similar to the Byteball distribution mechanism?).
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Or am I being confused?

Lots of questions Smiley
legendary
Well medicine is just one (but certainly not the only) field that can greatly benefit from AI, so it is related. Anyhow I was just curious. Thanks for the response!

For the way the mining works, I think it sounds pretty good. Obviously it can't be completely decentralized since the computations have to be something useful to a scientist/lab/institution and are going to be highly specific to the research project. I don't know how you would make a generalized PoW algorithm that produces useful work for a wide range of research projects. Anyhow, the more projects/certificate authorities there are to choose from, the more decentralized it would be. Even with just F@H issuing certificates for now, it sounds like it will still be way more trustless than the current system of millions of premined coins.

Will folders be able to pool their certificates so they won't have to 'solo mine' an entire block to get rewards?

Yup, exactly! Someone has to decide what constitutes an "interesting" computational problem to solve, the closest we can really get would be things like prime number searches or looking for insight into problems like the Collatz Conjecture, with very well-known properties.

And yes, it will be possible to pool mine with the certificate system.
Well medicine is just one (but certainly not the only) field that can greatly benefit from AI, so it is related. Anyhow I was just curious. Thanks for the response!

For the way the mining works, I think it sounds pretty good. Obviously it can't be completely decentralized since the computations have to be something useful to a scientist/lab/institution and are going to be highly specific to the research project. I don't know how you would make a generalized PoW algorithm that produces useful work for a wide range of research projects. Anyhow, the more projects/certificate authorities there are to choose from, the more decentralized it would be. Even with just F@H issuing certificates for now, it sounds like it will still be way more trustless than the current system of millions of premined coins.

Will folders be able to pool their certificates so they won't have to 'solo mine' an entire block to get rewards?
legendary

Or am I being confused?

legendary

Or am I being confused?

legendary
...50 CURE works out to be what you would currently be awarded daily for the work of approximately 6 GTX 1080 Ti vidia cards...
Or what 1 1080 non-Ti earned a few months ago  Undecided

More like a year ago.

8-P

Pages:
Jump to: