Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 26. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Make sure to update to the latest version of the Curecoin wallet to keep your coins safe and the network secure! Windows and Mac clients are executable's can be found here https://github.com/cygnusxi/CurecoinSource/releases/tag/v1.9.2.1 . If using linux the instructions for compiling are very easy to follow here https://github.com/cygnusxi/CurecoinSource
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
is this a dead project or why is it not mooning like everything else  thesedays ?
Activity: 13
Merit: 2
Beyond Cancer…

Whether you’re folding proteins on a volunteer basis, or for Curecoin on Folding@home, mining the currency, or trading it on exchanges; you are directly or indirectly advancing computational drug design, molecular dynamics, deep learning and AI research.

Protein folding projects which your computer works on occasionally focus on elements beyond published research …

For example, recent Project 11408:

Explore Cyclophilin A (CYpA) which has implications in suppression of transplanted organ rejection as well as HIV infection mechanisms:

Molecular simulations of CypA protein on the Folding@home network allow Stanford to develop a better understanding of conformational heterogeneity normally observed only via X-ray crystallography and spectroscopic methods – The aim is to gain key insights into the heterogeneity of proteins and the significant role this plays in their activation at various temperatures.

26168 atoms simulated using Dual Precision GPUs
minimum system requirement to contribute to this project (randomly assigned of course):
  • nVidia Fermi series like GeForce 465 and newer
  • AMD 5xxx and newer

Posted on CureCoin's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team/status/873702951516286977

Original Announcement on FoldingForum.org - Community driven support forum for Folding@home
(All folders are encouraged to participate in the forum for help with their equipment and folding client questions, as well as assisting others in the community with theirs
):
https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30001

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
Code:
Current Block Diff: 118,035,863.88747893
Well, that should be fun for cryptopools with
Code:
Pool Hash Rate 0.85 TH/s
 Roll Eyes
Retired IRCX God
...What name are you folding under nowadays, Genie?
Lips sealed

Edit:  j/k atm I'm using "TruLovid..." (it's been a bad month for storms and PSU issues, so the stats of the nick are kinda meaningless)
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
We've hit another all time Folding@Home daily record of 358,374,369, up from our previous record of 343,270,480.
With at least 1 more 1080 Ti being added today. Cool

Between you, me, and members of the Google Hangout, that's about 10 (6 confirmed) 1080 Ti being added in the next few days.

What name are you folding under nowadays, Genie?
Retired IRCX God
We've hit another all time Folding@Home daily record of 358,374,369, up from our previous record of 343,270,480.
With at least 1 more 1080 Ti being added today. Cool
Retired IRCX God
...Maybe then it would be a good occasion to contact the World Guinness of Records, as I suggested some time ago. This could add extra visibility to our coin.
Not sure if they have a "Most Amount of 'Paid For' User Points, Ever" category.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Check out the folding production that is coming out of team Curecoin also, we keep topping the all time high, currently at an astonishing 350 million PPD for research speed, and the coin price today has been hitting 18 cents per coin which is also an all time high. The public channels such as the slack and google hangouts have been keeping busy as well with lots of people talking about plans to upgrade / expand folding rigs to increase research output and gain more coins.

If things continue this way we might beat the "Default" team in 3-4 months and EVGA team by the end of the year.

Maybe then it would be a good occasion to contact the World Guinness of Records, as I suggested some time ago. This could add extra visibility to our coin.
According to FoldingCoin's June public recap where part of Curecoin team participated, there are now 10 developers working on Curecoin.
I guess they finally understood the potential of their coin and accepted to delegate the development of parts of it to more people.
Good news in other words.
I hope, ffs, that it isn't the same folks that have been "working on" FoldingCoin.  Undecided

We're all listed here.

https://curecoin.io/the-team/

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
New Curecoin client out v1.9.2.1, binaries for Win and Mac here https://github.com/cygnusxi/CurecoinSource/releases/tag/v1.9.2.1

To address some concerns about development, we will be posting more blog and video material going forward to show everyone that we are indeed keeping busy even though there has admittedly been a lack of easy to find public updates on this work. The team puts in a very large amount of hours every week, with many people wanting to join the core to team help. We are settling into a better organization system to handle the increased team size and plan to expand beyond that very soon. There is currently 10 members on the core team.

Check out the folding production that is coming out of team Curecoin also, we keep topping the all time high, currently at an astonishing 350 million PPD for research speed, and the coin price today has been hitting 18 cents per coin which is also an all time high. The public channels such as the slack and google hangouts have been keeping busy as well with lots of people talking about plans to upgrade / expand folding rigs to increase research output and gain more coins.

The recent client update focuses on both network security and functionality. There was also some tweaks to the gui to clean it up and make it show a little more info on the main tab. Blockchain sync times should be faster especially from a fresh sync. We also added for now an updated alert key to alert the Curecoin users of the upcoming mandatory updates that we need to release to get closer to 2.0 version launch.

Retired IRCX God
According to FoldingCoin's June public recap where part of Curecoin team participated, there are now 10 developers working on Curecoin.
I guess they finally understood the potential of their coin and accepted to delegate the development of parts of it to more people.
I hope, ffs, that it isn't the same folks that have been "working on" FoldingCoin.  Undecided
Where is volk?  Is this project actually developing or is it not going anywhere? This should have been a top 20 crypto project. It has been left to become a laughing stock in terms of investment compared to other projects here.

When is the snapshot for SigmaX is there any sigmaX?
This has been the slowest development of all the projects I have followed.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Where is volk?  Is this project actually developing or is it not going anywhere? This should have been a top 20 crypto project. It has been left to become a laughing stock in terms of investment compared to other projects here.

top 5 at least...
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I understand SigmaX will likely never actually disappear, but wouldn't the shift to 2.0 almost eliminate any market for 1.0 and thus remove any incentive to participate in SigmaX functions?

If my memory is good:
  • CC2.0 will be the new coin (quantum computing safe, without PoW) that will be distributed for Folding
  • SigmaX is a new coin, (quantum computing safe, with PoW), and its distribution would be (probably among others) related to holding (i.e. not dumping) CURE

But this was the idea over one year ago. Since then it might have evolved to take into account new ideas the Devs had (Proof of Proof etc.).

Interesting. I'll have to get some clarification on this.

Where is volk?  Is this project actually developing or is it not going anywhere? This should have been a top 20 crypto project. It has been left to become a laughing stock in terms of investment compared to other projects here.

Activity: 13
Merit: 2
While classing CureCoin (and FoldingCoin and to a much lesser degree GridCoin) as "legal bribes" is technically correct, the term "bribe" has enough negative associations that it's REALLY A BAD IDEA to talk about them that way...
I think that you, like many others, are missing the central, fundamental point that it's not merely payment for being part of the larger project.
CureCoin is a payment for forgoing all other team choices and folding on team 224497, and on team 224497 only. I'm glad the term has "negative associations" because "it's REALLY A BAD IDEA to" pay people to be on team 224497 only.

Which synonym for "bribe" has enough "positive associations" for me to use in it's stead, so's to not offend your delicate sensibilities? Smiley

Allowing any account to earn CURE was a consideration early on in the project. FLDC gets you halfway there - you could earn FLDC while folding for any team; however you still have to create a new username to do it. CureCoin allowed you to keep your legacy name (probably a key reason why PS3EdOlkkola folds for the Curecoin Team, but does not want to interrupt his record, or legacy).

To complicate things, multiple users can fold for multiple teams using the same username but different passkeys (and Curecoin has no visibility into member's secret passkeys). It would require a secondary layer of management to track which username folds for Curecoin, and which does not (see username jim.gluftsis as an example).

from Bruce on FoldingForum.org: 'In the early days, there was no requirement that the username be unique. You might find several people contributing points to the same account if you used a common account name, like "John".'

Another argument against allowing anyone from any team to earn CURE were concerns by the larger folding community; many expressing concern it would be unfair to have mixed teams (where some are folding for CURE, and others folding on a purely philanthropic basis - with zero interest in ever being compensated). It could curtail the sense of competition in Chimp Challenges and equipment give-away promos designed to spur participation on other teams. Ironically, some of the loudest voices critical of Curecoin's concept were coming from the EVGA community back in 2013-2014. What are your thoughts on the successful Bucks incentive program? Although it's true you can get a discount on an EVGA GPU at full price on EVGA's company website, you could instead cash in some CURE and purchase a GPU for 20% off at MicroCenter, or buy it for Bitcoin on Newegg.

BTW, over 80% of CureCoin's social media outreach using the hashtags #foldingathome and #IAmOneInAMillion refer potential contributors to Folding@home web pages - not Curecoin. Of course we hope when new participants chose a team, they investigate our value proposition in the process.

I understand SigmaX will likely never actually disappear, but wouldn't the shift to 2.0 almost eliminate any market for 1.0 and thus remove any incentive to participate in SigmaX functions?

If my memory is good:
  • CC2.0 will be the new coin (quantum computing safe, without PoW) that will be distributed for Folding
  • SigmaX is a new coin, (quantum computing safe, with PoW), and its distribution would be (probably among others) related to holding (i.e. not dumping) CURE

But this was the idea over one year ago. Since then it might have evolved to take into account new ideas the Devs had (Proof of Proof etc.).

Interesting. I'll have to get some clarification on this.

If my memory is good:

At some point, my intuition was that the Devs want to create an ecosystem like Counterparty so that any coin can take advantage of quantum computing safety, Proof of Proof etc. and having SigmaX be the equivalent of XCP. But that's only my speculations...
...I think the current system is designed well to support rewarding Folding@Home contributors...
Agreed, CureCoin is literally the difference between me folding and mining some random dumpcoin.

Thank you for your contribution.  Smiley

BTW - for some of us it's not "Triple Payout", it's Quadruple - "bragging rights" are in there somewhere. 9-)

Sure, CureCoin is THE Braggingcoin Cheesy

BTW - for some of us (those who hold their CURE) it's not "Quadruple Payout" it's Quintuple as the future SigmaX coin will be distributed as a reward for holding CURE (if I remember well).

From what I understand, the "future SigmaX coin" (aka Curecoin 2.0) is similar to the current PoS system that is in place now with 1.X (one that Genie is upset about because it was taken out of the SHA allocation).

Actually, unless things have changed, there were supposed to be 2 different coins: CC2.0 which would replace CC1.0 and remove SHA256D PoW and SigmaX which would keep the PoW.

Pages:
Jump to: