Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 29. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Why would big pharma pay for the folding that the curecoin team does when they can get the evga team's and every other team's folding for free?

It doesn't work the way you want it to because it can't unless you can convince Stanford of your arguments, not the curecoin devs.

Curecoin is worth what people are willing to pay for it, just like every other coin. If it's a problem for you, then why not point your rigs at something else and dump that instead?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
What curecoin needs is get the top 10 bigpharma fight for the folding power they need to find a cure they can sell.

Thats it. No more no less.
Not happening?

Curecoin =  Roll Eyes
...[stuff]...
While I'm the 1st to condemn CC for lack of advancements (and their general disdain for ASICs), it seems that you have a misconception about the purpose of the coin and the logic behind it.

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding....

CC and FLDC are meant to be an altruistic form of "reward" for altruistic folders. From the perspective of devs, the fact that such rewards can be monetized is an ancillary bonus. At the core of the Stanford project is the idea of shared, distributed computing power (and the fact that for every 10 participants involved, the workload is 1/10th that of processing on 1 computer). While I do agree (and have stated so on more than one occasion) that the devs should be actively seeking to monetize the coin to the extent of giving it buying power when it comes to the equipment used, I think you're way off base when it comes to intent and purpose.

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding.... Huh?

Just wow. I use the term mining so much  because of its Electricity/Hardware/ROI connotation it have on a BITCOIN FORUM. I grasp the concept very well, hash vs folding  protein for a project. But maybe the dev didnt when they tried to MONETIZE this over 'FOLDERS' with A CRYPTOCURRENCY.  I mean, just pay back the folders with pokemon cards as  an ancillary bonus! why a cryptocurrency for this thin air 'money/curecoin'? Curecoin is just distributed like toiletpaper with a special sign on it. Get real.

Altruistic doesnt exist when someone else MONETIZE YOUR ALTRUIST. Grow up. or maybe you just dont like money so keep going boi.
'If you're buying Curecoin for profit, maybe we're not the best choice.'

So with the same hardware power I can just mine DCR and expect some profit? And with curecoin I should forget the idea of ROI??

As for the net-positive social benifits? Will the cure I found would be available to me or a PAY WALL WILL BE SET AND LET ME AND MY FAMILLY DYING of that VERY SAME CURE?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
...[stuff]...
While I'm the 1st to condemn CC for lack of advancements (and their general disdain for ASICs), it seems that you have a misconception about the purpose of the coin and the logic behind it.

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding....

CC and FLDC are meant to be an altruistic form of "reward" for altruistic folders. From the perspective of devs, the fact that such rewards can be monetized is an ancillary bonus. At the core of the Stanford project is the idea of shared, distributed computing power (and the fact that for every 10 participants involved, the workload is 1/10th that of processing on 1 computer). While I do agree (and have stated so on more than one occasion) that the devs should be actively seeking to monetize the coin to the extent of giving it buying power when it comes to the equipment used, I think you're way off base when it comes to intent and purpose.
' Are miners holding or dumping? You can't have both. '

What about just like ETH, LTC, XRP, BTC? (how many of those coins did you mine? How many do you hold? Ask yourself.  How many curecoin folders hold curecoin? How many non-curecoin folders hold curecoin? Ask yourself again. Oops?)

Mining and holding because the value will go up, because bank, corporate, private USAGE/CONSUMPTION will  move up with time? AND dumping because actually someone WANT TO USE OR HOLD IT EVEN LONGER?

So yeah we can have both, useless the coin is missing Fundamentals.
FIX IT OR DIE(get delisted) TRYING CURECOIN

No one will care about Curecoin  2.0 except curecoin bagholder if you can't fix that simple equation.
Well don't trust CURECOIN with your money if you like it....

don't get burned. So many lost money on this shitshow and now they have to seek a cure for their depression.

Despite the good 'idea', too many fundamentals are not present. You are 'folding' for a bitch that get it for free. Miners dumps at every occasion, or hold in despair. Large hand pump to make some FOMO bagholders  thats don't even read past the coin nickname, just to dump harder. No big fish will buy something that the 'consumer' dont need to buy WITH MONEY.

Who are you folding for already?

Get a reality check CURECOIN.

What fundamentals would you like to see? Are miners holding or dumping? You can't have both.

I'm aware there has been some issues with meeting stated estimates in the past, which is why we are not going to release any specific information as to when Curecoin 2.0 is being released.

As with most academic projects, society in general will benefit from the research, not just the Curecoin team or the schools behind the project. My personal investment of time in the project is due to my belief in the underlying mechanism which provides a net-positive social benefit. If you're buying Curecoin for profit, maybe we're not the best choice.

As with any coin, do your research and invest wisely.

Well let's just start with Folding Curecoin,

1 - Who is using the folding.
2 - Do they(Answer #1) need to purchase Curecoin on a exchange or from an individual to be able to use the Folding process('folded' from miners, with an electricity/hardware cost) for 'the proteins answer' they are looking for?

I'll try to illustrate the issue without your answer first ;

Big miner 'A1' decide to mine curecoin for a good cause.
Big Miner 'A1' receive 1 000 000 Curecoin for his folding effort, but need to pay X1 electricity bills, and Z1 Hardware investement cost.
Big Pharma 'B1' need the result of 1 000 000  Curecoin effort. Big Pharma Never heard of Curecoin, and receive the result for free just for listing a project for a curecoin miner to fold on.
Big Pharma 'B1' make 1 billions USD for this cancer cure that they were looking for , and will sell it a high price to your dying mom/heritage.
Big Miner 'A1' hold 1 000 000 curecoin, but no one except speculator wants it.
Curecoin life circle is only Mine -> sell to support mining expanse ; at miners dumping price

What it should be really be if this project had logic fundamentals;

Big pharma A1 buy curecoin to fold more or less quickly for their project/problem -> Miners gets paid to fold it for them -> sell to support mining expanse ; at Project value/competitive levels.

THERES MORE THAN BITCOIN MARKET CAP SITTING IN BIG PHARMA AND THERE YOU ARE GIVING AWAY YOUR FOLDING POWER FOR FREE TO THEM TO SELL BACK THE CURE TO YOU OR YOUR RELATIVE.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

don't get burned. So many lost money on this shitshow and now they have to seek a cure for their depression.

Despite the good 'idea', too many fundamentals are not present. You are 'folding' for a bitch that get it for free. Miners dumps at every occasion, or hold in despair. Large hand pump to make some FOMO bagholders  thats don't even read past the coin nickname, just to dump harder. No big fish will buy something that the 'consumer' dont need to buy WITH MONEY.

What fundamentals would you like to see? Are miners holding or dumping? You can't have both.

I'm aware there has been some issues with meeting stated estimates in the past, which is why we are not going to release any specific information as to when Curecoin 2.0 is being released.

As with most academic projects, society in general will benefit from the research, not just the Curecoin team or the schools behind the project. My personal investment of time in the project is due to my belief in the underlying mechanism which provides a net-positive social benefit. If you're buying Curecoin for profit, maybe we're not the best choice.

As with any coin, do your research and invest wisely.

I think by sticking only to one area we are limiting scope and growth

If you want to become the powerhouse of distributed computing we need to allow people to dedicate their resources on array of projects that they find worthwhile, interesting or even profitable.

So all those wanting to just go with "curing" can still do that but we allow others to join the project too.

Then again volksholk was saying there is a companion coin coming so perhaps that is what that is for, other things not related directly to curing.

I firmly agree. Given the resources available to the project, I could see the potential for a pivot into other distributed computing applications that could complement Curecoin.

As far as other questions go being raised here, I would need someone with more insight into the technical aspects of Curecoin 2.0 to respond to that comment.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I think by sticking only to one area we are limiting scope and growth

If you want to become the powerhouse of distributed computing we need to allow people to dedicate their resources on array of projects that they find worthwhile, interesting or even profitable.

So all those wanting to just go with "curing" can still do that but we allow others to join the project too.

Then again volksholk was saying there is a companion coin coming so perhaps that is what that is for, other things not related directly to curing.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
What is the current annual POS rate for CC? And what POS  rate will be on CC2.0?
I read this on the grid thread - im far more invested into cure coin since the start but I think folding at home is too restrictive

-------------------------------------------
Golem, which is also targeting distributed computing segment, still has marketcap ~14x higher than Gridcoin, despite having less functionality (just a distributing rendering prototype vs fully functional general-purpose BOINC computing platform used by Gridcoin). So yes, I would say there's plenty of room for further growth. The future is in monetized and commercial BOINC projects which will distribute Gridcoin to their crunchers, obtaining a lot of computing power at very affordable prices.
----------------------------------------------

BOINC and anything else that can facilitate distributed computing

folding at home is great but I think the poster on the grc thread and those voting with their btc are pushing more open ended distributed computing projects.

Would be good to see cure looking far into the future too.

Also i'm interested in the cure dev team

is vorksholk still involved and it seems some new devs are here now too?

I agree that there are definitely more opportunities to explore in the application of distributed computing and cryptocurrencies. As far as Curecoin goes, we would likely want to stay as close to our underlying mission (supporting health research through distributed computing) as possible. As a newer member of the core team, I'm not sure what has been discussed in the past.

Vorksholk is still our lead dev. We have an on-going and active project development community that talks on an hourly basis.
Activity: 153
Adding other research computing tasks that involve finding a cure is in the works already.
legendary
is cure coin always going to be tied to folding at home?

what about opening up the possibility for other distributed computing tasks?

It's not something we have explored, but we're open to the possibility. Are you talking about BOINC or something else?

I read this on the grid thread - im far more invested into cure coin since the start but I think folding at home is too restrictive

-------------------------------------------
Golem, which is also targeting distributed computing segment, still has marketcap ~14x higher than Gridcoin, despite having less functionality (just a distributing rendering prototype vs fully functional general-purpose BOINC computing platform used by Gridcoin). So yes, I would say there's plenty of room for further growth. The future is in monetized and commercial BOINC projects which will distribute Gridcoin to their crunchers, obtaining a lot of computing power at very affordable prices.
----------------------------------------------

BOINC and anything else that can facilitate distributed computing

folding at home is great but I think the poster on the grc thread and those voting with their btc are pushing more open ended distributed computing projects.

Would be good to see cure looking far into the future too.

Also i'm interested in the cure dev team

is vorksholk still involved and it seems some new devs are here now too?

It's not something we have explored, but we're open to the possibility. Are you talking about BOINC or something else?
legendary

Activity: 45
Are you guys remaining PoW? ie. can I still dedicate my hashing power to the project? I run a myriad of GPUs. Not a warehouse full, but a decent amount for a home project.
The CC team has been buzzing along very well lately.  You may have noticed that the website at https://curecoin.net has changed, but it is in nowhere close to its near-term end form.  We also have this site up https://curecoin.io which includes an updated Team page here: https://curecoin.io/the-team/.  We will be cutting duplication between the two sites, and have a team discussion on the web sites next Friday.  

Max is still hard at work on CC 2.0, now working closely with https://www.veriblock.com.  They have the creatively-named Proof of Proof technology to finish.  I'm working on a far superior project which I call Proof of Proof of Proof Grin  As many of you know by now, CC 2.0 will feature quantum computing resistant cryptography, mini blockchains for the light weight clients such as smart phones, and block times of a few minutes on average.

We are open to more volunteers (everyone on the team is volunteering).  Ivan could use some help with keeping the social media going, and other ideas for your efforts are also welcome.  I will post shortly on ways to contact us.

when we say near-term?
what scales of time are we using?
Rough rough guide for cc 2 release?

this is a very old project and cc2 has been talked about for a very long time. Just to give some indication would be very good at this point.

My Near-Term for a great web site estimate: 2-3 weeks
My CC2 Release estimate: Sometime this summer

That sound very promising.
Hopefully we will make poloniex regret booting cure coin and keeping on grid and folding.

A cure coin exchange could be something worth looking at in the future too or getting added to blocknet

We're not giving any time estimates on the Curecoin 2.0 release, but you'll know when it's coming. The release of Curecoin 2.0 will be much more than just a change to the blockchain. We are formalizing Curecoin as an organization and are moving from more of a "garage project" to a legitimate cryptocurrency with full-time staff.

Keep your eyes and ears open. There are some exciting things in the works.
Pages:
Jump to: