Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 39. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

That's not to mention the fact that the devs can't get a basic calculator working correctly (https://curecoin.info/merged-folding-profit-calculator/ doesn't work [or at best doesn't update "difficulty" into reality]) ....

That needs to be fixed!
I have a bunch of people on local forum ready to switch from ZEC/ETH. I just need a reliable calculator to convince them.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
But it is bad for Cure you can only get %1 cure coin so if you have 100000 Cure you can get 1000 coin 1 year isnt it?
Based on that idea, "if you have 1000 Cure you can get 10 coin 1 year". Given that a block bonus is 13, it means that you actually get nothing...

That's not to mention the fact that the devs can't get a basic calculator working correctly (https://curecoin.info/merged-folding-profit-calculator/ doesn't work [or at best doesn't update "difficulty" into reality]) ....
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Don't get me wrong, I do realize that there is a reason that CureCoin was/is intended to be ASIC unfriendly. And I mostly agree with that reasoning. I'm just tired of finding coins I can get behind and then it all twists around. This all just seems very reminiscent of what happened to anyone that had a vested interest in NEOS last year (no one has a value > 1/3 of what they had before it went POS).

I'm all for pushing towards folding (and do have substantial investments to that end, both current and future), but I've yet to see a POS coin that has a real value. Personally, I think it'd be better for the coin, and the community, if efforts were made to make it spendable (rather than making the ideal situation one where the "best" outcome is retrading x amount of coins to keep them "less than 90 days old").

From a broad perspective (and anyone feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong), a "winning" plan for full POS is:

• keep coins in wallet for 30 days
  • after 30 days, keep wallet open
  • get "fees" for "lucky" coins
  • after 90 days, dump "unlucky" coins on the market and repurchase (making them "new" again
  • wait another 30 days for prior "lucky" coins and "new" coins to be usable
  • start over

This is a great plan for those at the top, who already have enough coins to revolve daily.
This is a horrible plan for those at the bottom (or getting started), who don't have, or can't afford, enough coins to revolve daily.

Full POS is bad, because it's centralized and only rewards the "rich" for being "rich". <- and that's coming from a guy that has a few million CURE
But it is bad for Cure you can only get %1 cure coin so if you have 100000 Cure you can get 1000 coin 1 year isnt it?
Retired IRCX God
Don't get me wrong, I do realize that there is a reason that CureCoin was/is intended to be ASIC unfriendly. And I mostly agree with that reasoning. I'm just tired of finding coins I can get behind and then it all twists around. This all just seems very reminiscent of what happened to anyone that had a vested interest in NEOS last year (no one has a value > 1/3 of what they had before it went POS).

I'm all for pushing towards folding (and do have substantial investments to that end, both current and future), but I've yet to see a POS coin that has a real value. Personally, I think it'd be better for the coin, and the community, if efforts were made to make it spendable (rather than making the ideal situation one where the "best" outcome is retrading x amount of coins to keep them "less than 90 days old").

From a broad perspective (and anyone feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong), a "winning" plan for full POS is:

• keep coins in wallet for 30 days
  • after 30 days, keep wallet open
  • get "fees" for "lucky" coins
  • after 90 days, dump "unlucky" coins on the market and repurchase (making them "new" again
  • wait another 30 days for prior "lucky" coins and "new" coins to be usable
  • start over

This is a great plan for those at the top, who already have enough coins to revolve daily.
This is a horrible plan for those at the bottom (or getting started), who don't have, or can't afford, enough coins to revolve daily.

Full POS is bad, because it's centralized and only rewards the "rich" for being "rich". <- and that's coming from a guy that has a few million CURE
Retired IRCX God
I like the idea of more towards research. Possibly a small POS reward instead of POW. It'd give incentive to hold on to the coin.
The markets love it that way, because the best "value" comes from trading it off every 60-90 days (since spending isn't an option).
Retired IRCX God

20% of 20% - that "20%" is wallets and miners (average non-wallet miner network difficulty is ~ 1million per/TH)

...consensus...
When the change is put into the wallet and the wallet change is mandatory, "consensus" is a meaningless claim.

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I like the idea of more towards research. Possibly a small POS reward instead of POW. It'd give incentive to hold on to the coin.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
... I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone else buying asics just for curecoin...
And shit like this is why; 20% of 20% was bad enough to begin with.

one prevailing criticism of CureCoin -for years- has been its efficiency marred by the 20% SHA-256 miner reward...
so much in fact (cygnusxi indicated in slack) this has been a deal breaker with some recently interested power-player/adopters!

I believe this is the CC devs' attempt to ...

* make CureCoin 99% efficient - where ~all of the computational power goes to research.
   * satisfy legacy CureCoin SHA miners - giving them something equally interesting (SigmaX) in terms of:
       - decentralization
       - quantum resistance
       - mini-blockchain with fast transaction times
       - most importantly; the same interesting security & consensus hooks for future functionality included in both chains

this should ultimately benefit you as a SHA miner through diversification - if it does not, you are likely in a small minority...
Retired IRCX God
... I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone else buying asics just for curecoin...
And shit like this is why; 20% of 20% was bad enough to begin with.
Edit: and I guess you forgot:
Would you mine for a "CureCoin" ?
With 100% of your hashing power    45 (47.4%)

...I highly recommend looking through the asic mining guide on coinwarz if you are serious about asics...
If you think that anyone with my altcoin hashrate hasn't already done so, then you're as dumb as anyone willing to stick with this mess. This is almost as bad as the shit the devs did to Neoscoin. Angry
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Not all of that number is ASICs. But much of the appeal to cc was the ability to be on all sides. Like I said, at least now I know in advance the best thing to do is just mine/fold and dump.

We are still planning to launch SigmaX which will share a common codebase with cc2.0 and provide pure-PoW functionality. It won't be SHA256D for ASICs, but it will still support "traditional" mining and the accompanying security model.
Retired IRCX God
Not all of that number is ASICs. But much of the appeal to cc was the ability to be on all sides. Like I said, at least now I know in advance the best thing to do is just mine/fold and dump.
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
3. CureCoin will be moving closer to pure POS asap in prep for CureCoin 2.0
Well, at least I know in advance to pull the plug on my $15k investment. :/

You stand to make more from gpus per watt even if you have an s9 or 15k$ worth of them. Also asics are good for a lot of other coins too, like bitcoin. If your serious about your investment you should know this and have thought this out. I highly recommend looking through the asic mining guide on coinwarz if you are serious about asics. I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone else buying asics just for curecoin.

Also, the move is "closer" to pure pos.. next phase for 1.x is still a hybrid. Also Asic hardware gets outdated faster than gpus and then becomes worthless unlike gpus when the next model comes out, so figure in extra hardware deprecation.  Just my 2 cents.

I think last poster bardacuda agrees with this - "I knew I should have bought those nvidia cards back in the fall..."

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
I knew I should have bought those nvidia cards back in the fall...

Great news about Stanford wanting to integrate!
Retired IRCX God
3. CureCoin will be moving closer to pure POS asap in prep for CureCoin 2.0
Well, at least I know in advance to pull the plug on my $15k investment. :/
Retired IRCX God

So, in short, what you're saying is I'm going to have to recode my pool?
 Undecided
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
SigmaX/CureCoin 2.0.0b3 beta schedule announcement (plan of record 02/16/17).

Vorksholk has submitted a new SigmaX build to CureCoin's internal beta team with updated features* (below)

Approximate Timeframe

1. Begin private testnet on 02/16/17 for a duration of ~two weeks (accessible by core beta team only)
2. Analysis and debugging phase for ~two weeks
3. Announce preliminary results (go to step 4, OR begin new internal testnet with new bug fixes - consider expanding internal beta test team).
4. Begin public testnet for ~one month IF build is ready
5. Final debugging and analysis phase for ~two weeks  
6. Announce results from public testnet (how many blocks mined, number of transactions, etc).      
7. Set official GA date, or go back thru step 4 for further refinement.

* updated features - compared to previous SigmaX beta versions:

1. Now Using a hash-based radix tree for storing balance
   2. Expanded RPC functionality (enough to make a basic block explorer or exchange)
   3. Various networking code fixes (better peer discovery is a work in progress based on testnet results)
   4. Miscellaneous smaller changes
      Block header format is easier to work with and includes more data
      PoW now includes ledger hash
      Fixes for signature index ordering/recall in the mempool to handle multiple transactions from one address at a time

The CureCoin team reserves the right to modify schedules and beta release versions as required.
Retired IRCX God
Regarding PPDs, Watts and $: 1070 and 1060 3G are definitely folding kings while PPD/$ King is: (surprise, surprise) used/refurbished GTX 970 at 200$.
Cant wait to buy a couple of used 1070s when they drop to something reasonable like 250$.
As I've said before, and I'll repeat until people actually read the words, you're using something for a base that has less than a single day of data for one 1080.
17 WUs in nowhere near enough data to make an informed opinion.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

7- Folding is simple at face value, rather easy to get going. Fine tuning though can be turned into a career. Brands, ambient temps, drivers etc etc etc all make a big difference. I think we have a lot more research to do before we can officially crown the 1070 or the 1080 the king of folding.

Thanks, looking forward to Linux folding insights.
16.04 is the way to go since graphics-drivers ppa works only on that version and is also the way to go for gpu driver installation.
Headless system is PITA on Linux, but at least it works. On Windows one needs a dummy plugs to make it work.
Regarding PPDs, Watts and $: 1070 and 1060 3G are definitely folding kings while PPD/$ King is: (surprise, surprise) used/refurbished GTX 970 at 200$.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v5gXral3BcFOoXs5n1M6l_Uo3pZpQYogn6gVlxRPnz0/edit#gid=0
Cant wait to buy a couple of used 1070s when they drop to something reasonable like 250$.
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev

FifthGhostBuster can be found often in our slack or irc, we are moving over to slack currently. The curecoin.net/forum is a much better spot to get a quick response from one of the team members. I do have someone that watches the facebook and twitter accounts quite actively also. The large single thread here is tricky for support issues.

Join link for our slack http://slack.curecoin.net:30000

As to a previous comment yes it gets pretty tricky to catch up on posts here. Since most of the last 5 pages is talk about PPD I have a few items to share

1- I have a 1070 evga hybrid getting 750k ppd solid under ubuntu 16.04 headless
2- I have a couple 1080 evga hybrids that bounce wildly from 800k to 1.2 million PPD on a similar setup.
3- I finally messed with the setup enough to be able to control fan and clock speed on a headless system and plan on seeing if the 1080s will fold stable at the same clock as the 1070 (its a pretty big difference in default clock on those 2 cards)
4- It could be argued in high electric cost the 1080 is better, but I think it needs a little tweaking
5- Ive spent way too much time rebuilding my folding machines looking for the best builds. In summary, use linux, its much faster.
6- The linux install guide on foldingcoin.net is pretty good, I was referring to it as a baseline build until I started to use 16.04, I will share my findings in an easy copy paste format to make it easier for others to crank out every last bit off PPD possible without crude tactics like a large overclock which can cause your folding to fail.
7- Folding is simple at face value, rather easy to get going. Fine tuning though can be turned into a career. Brands, ambient temps, drivers etc etc etc all make a big difference. I think we have a lot more research to do before we can officially crown the 1070 or the 1080 the king of folding.
Pages:
Jump to: