Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 35. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
15k soon is real ? v 2.0 realised ?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
@computergenie the guy I have posting on twitter does his research, its actually 2% of women according to the study stanford did https://web.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/cgi-bin/home/wp-content/uploads/[email protected] , he was trying to be nice with 3% as to not point fingers but yea, ~98% of chicks apparently think this stuff is lame  Huh

...I  received  a  total  of  407  replies.  
Professor  Pande  estimates  that  there  are  approximately  100,000  participants  in  Folding@home.... then this survey sample represents only 0.4% of total population of project.
Now I realize that numbers come from somewhere, but that's one hell of a stretch (to extrapolate a gender-based percentage of the project) based on 7 of 407:100,000 that responded to a social-media survey.
It's even more of a stretch to base some 2017 campaign on stretched 2013 numbers.  Undecided
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
Can anyone tell me how much curecoin is actually in circulation (excluding the premine+POS)? I know focusing on CC 2.0 is more important, but that data ought to be easily available on the main website, including payouts etc. How do I see this transparency?
I think it is about 26,431,310 curecoin in supply according to the market cap but i am not sure whether those figures are after premine as i am not getting any data available while searching on google.
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
https://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin/comments/64edjr/curecoin_total/ recent topic here was just answered on reddit about total coins in circulation.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/
Here is the most accurate place to check out the curecoin chain - currently 23,686,497 CURE is the total on the block chain. The 6 top addresses hold the non circulated coins that get paid over time to the folders. subtract the top 6 addresses from the total to see whats in circulation. So currently in circulation is ~8,900,000 Cure
The total mint is to be around 28 million but will likely be a few million less since that figure is considering is all blocks are SHA mined but Cure is a proof of stake hybrid, which lowers the total coin count when staking is heavy.

-----------

@computergenie the guy I have posting on twitter does his research, its actually 2% of women according to the study stanford did https://web.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/cgi-bin/home/wp-content/uploads/[email protected] , he was trying to be nice with 3% as to not point fingers but yea, ~98% of chicks apparently think this stuff is lame  Huh

3. Summary   of   the   survey   results
a)   Responses   to   closed   questions
Gender of   survey   respondents
One   of   the   most   striking   results   from   this   survey was   the   very   small   proportion   of   female   
respondents.      Less   than 2%   were   women   (7   individuals   in   total).      Of   the   small   number   of previous   
studies   that have   looked   at   distributed   computing   (DC) projects (such   as   Seti@home,   
malriacontrol.net   and   World   Community   Grid),   all   have found   that   the   majority   of   respondents   to   
their   surveys have   been   male.   

-----------------

For Curecoin 2.0 we are still working on its core. I think its been bumped close to 10 more versions since Vorksholk last posted about it. The latest cleaned up some sync speed issues among other things.

As far as the changes to 1.x, we may delay them a bit further as a recent discussion held a consensus that the original plans seem to be working as intended and it just needed time for more people to adopt and get to know about bitcoin / curecoin / folding etc etc. One member of the discussion made a good point about how Curecoin has been serving its purpose from launch day 1 compared to many other projects that are still trying to get past an alpha stage such as golem and storj. Storj did recently get out of alpha though but I remember meeting that team at the BTC Miami conference over 2 years ago and that space of time was filed with an alpha while the whole time curecoin was outranking all other folding teams on it way to the #1 spot in DCN history. So when we look at it that way along with recent spikes in cure and other alts we are not in a hurry to fix what is not broken, we prefer to get it right the first time. So work on upgrades continues but dont let that stop you from folding and seeing what kind of $ you can make with merge folding etc.

Lots of comments point out XCP that foldingcoin works on has its woes. To that I say just send them to and exchange and sell em for the bonus $, or send them to me Smiley either way Im pleasantly happy with the profit margins of merged folding. I have not bothered to mine ETH or zcash etc in a while since they also heat up gpus far more than folding. Mine for what you will though, its part of the fun!
Retired IRCX God
Can anyone tell me how much curecoin is actually in circulation (excluding the premine+POS)? I know focusing on CC 2.0 is more important, but that data ought to be easily available on the main website, including payouts etc. How do I see this transparency?
I think this is likely the best answer you're going to get:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BY-ezmmVbooFwa3dzJZowpYmxEu9HgO2o5FeR7Evc-U
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Hey everyone, quick update on Curecoin 2.0:

We've gone through 8 internal iterations, fixed a lot of bugs/issues (radix tree for the ledger sometimes didn't return the correct hash when climbing back down a fork, clients had a difficult time forking back >~100 blocks, communication protocol wasn't expressive enough for handling certain network conditions, etc.). Still chasing a bug with clients getting desynchronized, so I'm working on an overhaul of the networking code.

Curecoin to the moon!! Sell walls thinning. This time it looks like we can easily break 10K sats!!

GO GO CURE!!  

Almost there!
Fingers crossed it will stay at around 8000 regardless of current altcoin craze.
Regarding craze, has anybody noticed that 24-hour FLDC volume for March 29 was half a million dollars?

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Retired IRCX God
...Then the transaction will often take bloody FOREVER - I don't remember the last time I had a Counterparty transaction complete in much less than a day, and I have seen them take 2-3 days twice now - which is totally insanely slow for the CRAZY transaction fee amounts they charge.
Not to mention that the last monthly FLDC distributions were pushed back for 3 days (from Mar 4 to Mar 7)  because the Bitcoin mempool was "saturated" and the transaction would have sat too long to be processes and would have had to be resent had the devs not waited. When the coin devs can't even push transactions in less than 3 days, that should tell you the "value" of the platform.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

It costs btc to transfer assets because Counterparty exists on top of the bitcoin blockchain.  It's no different then paying a fee for a transaction with ANY coin.

If you think the exchange is slow then perhaps your not paying enough in fees to correspond with your expectations. 

You don't have the OPTION to set the fees - and they're ripoff-level excessively HIGH to start with.

And it's a LOT different than how transactions are handled by most coins - most coins charge you in THEIR COIN for a transaction, not some insanely HIGH amount of Bitcoin that in come cases EXCEEDS the amout of the "asset" you want to transfer., and is commonly 10-100 TIMES the normal amount of a Bitcoin transaction fee.

Then the transaction will often take bloody FOREVER - I don't remember the last time I had a Counterparty transaction complete in much less than a day, and I have seen them take 2-3 days twice now - which is totally insanely slow for the CRAZY transaction fee amounts they charge.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
...I don't see ANY major hardware reseller wanting anything to do with FLDC as long as they continue to insist on using that garbage Counterparty junk.
There's, literally, not a single sentence in this whole thread that I agree with more than that one.  Undecided

What is it that you don't like about Counterparty?

The "wallet" is slow and painful to use, as well as being VERY counter-intuitive.
The "exchange" is a bloody joke - you end up LOSING money to get most of the non-FLDC coins transfered into something usefull, and get hit *twice* with fees for doing so - FLDC is bad enough but at least the value is somewhat higher than the ripoff fees.
 The fees are a MASSIVE ripoff - commonly 10 TIMES what the actual Bitcoin fees for a transaction are, often higher.
 (no, you CAN'T set the bloody fees in any way shape or form)

What is there to like about Counterparty? I can't think of ANYTHING.

FLDC should have their own wallet like most sane coins have, or at least a setup similar to CURE instead of their current "feed one of the bigger ripoffs in the cryptocoin world" setup - or they should just merge into CURE instead of making themself a redundant junkcoin.

For those that don't know what FLDC is, it's "FoldingCoin" that serves as an additional income source for F@H participants - and it's why a lot of Team Curecoin have those really long "usernames" - part of that username is our FoldingCoin address.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
My preferred platform is none. There's no reason that PersonA shouldn't be able to directly give/send CoinX to PersonB on a platform of their choosing (not one designated by the "devs" of CoinX) using the protocols of CoinX.
Setting that aside, we might as well agree to disagree and move on, because there's no way that you (or anyone else) will ever be able to form a convincing argument that will get me to want to buy CoinY to use CoinX (it just makes more sense to use CoinY alone).

Ahhh I see.  You'd rather ignore the existing use cases for a successful platform and reply with an emotional response minus any data points.  I'm not trying to convince you of anything.  I thought you might of had an interesting view or meaningful insights.  Nevermind sir.   Cheesy
Retired IRCX God
Yes, a transparent and alternative form of development, building on the strengths of btc, and arriving at the same desired result/solution with less overhead.

I'll try and find some time to educate myself about FLDC and how it relates to this discussion with CURE.  In the meantime, can you tell me if you have a preferred platform over Counterparty and why?  Interested in your insights.  Thanks.
My preferred platform is none. There's no reason that PersonA shouldn't be able to directly give/send CoinX to PersonB on a platform of their choosing (not one designated by the "devs" of CoinX) using the protocols of CoinX.
Setting that aside, we might as well agree to disagree and move on, because there's no way that you (or anyone else) will ever be able to form a convincing argument that will get me to want to buy CoinY to use CoinX (it just makes more sense to use CoinY alone).
legendary
...A coin transfers to another user with transaction fee in the same way almost ALL crypto currency works...
No, 2 separate coins (Bitcoin and the asset you actually want to transfer) transfer between 3-4+ parties (depending on the asset).

Yes, a transparent and alternative form of development, building on the strengths of btc, and arriving at the same desired result/solution with less overhead.

I'll try and find some time to educate myself about FLDC and how it relates to this discussion with CURE.  In the meantime, can you tell me if you have a preferred platform over Counterparty and why?  Interested in your insights.  Thanks.
Retired IRCX God
...A coin transfers to another user with transaction fee in the same way almost ALL crypto currency works...
No, 2 separate coins (Bitcoin and the asset you actually want to transfer) transfer between 3-4+ parties (depending on the asset).
legendary
Without a 3rd party app, you can't set the fees; Counterparty has them preset. Paying a 3rd party some value of CoinB (that they determine) to transfer CoinA from User1 to User2 is nothing like paying a portion/percentage of CoinA to transfer CoinA from User1 to User2 (you're in more of a traditional banking system with the former). In the grand scheme of things, what is the "added value" of a 3-way back-riding of Bitcoin in order for a coin to function? If CC bastardizes itself into a Counterparty asset, I'm going back to mining over folding.

Again, forgive me if this discussion is irrelevant as I'm not as educated with FLDC in comparison to other assets on Counterparty.

There are legit apps which allow you to set fees.

More like a traditional banking system how?  Your essentially trusting bitcoin as the operating layer.  A coin transfers to another user with transaction fee in the same way almost ALL crypto currency works.  Miner receives fee and user receives coins.
If your beef is with bitcoin itself and it's current political dramas then that makes sense and I understand.

The value of Counterparty is that it runs on top of bitcoin which is maintained by the bitcoin devs.  Counterparty and it's users are free to develop their ideas further without the time consuming processes of maintaining a completely new blockchain and all of the details that this involves.  Both systems are open source.  Bitcoin is the king of crypto.  Why not use bitcoin's strengths and avoid re-development of another, weaker blockchain?  
Retired IRCX God
Thanks for your answer.  I'm only going to counter you once here because this is the CURE thread and I'm not sure how relevant this discussion is.

I haven't experienced Counterparty being "frequently down".  

It costs btc to transfer assets because Counterparty exists on top of the bitcoin blockchain.  It's no different then paying a fee for a transaction with ANY coin.

If you think the exchange is slow then perhaps your not paying enough in fees to correspond with your expectations.  Again, this has to do with bitcoin and the current btc mempool more so then Counterparty.  If you want to make a bitcoin transaction happen faster then you add a higher fee.  Likewise, you would do the same with a Counterparty transaction.

Counterparty has a decent history in terms of crypto and it works well in my opinion.  If CURE were to add some sort of features on top of the Counterparty platform I would likely be even more interested in CURE.
Without a 3rd party app, you can't set the fees; Counterparty has them preset. Paying a 3rd party some value of CoinB (that they determine) to transfer CoinA from User1 to User2 is nothing like paying a portion/percentage of CoinA to transfer CoinA from User1 to User2 (you're in more of a traditional banking system with the former). In the grand scheme of things, what is the "added value" of a 3-way back-riding of Bitcoin in order for a coin to function? If CC bastardizes itself into a Counterparty asset, I'm going back to mining over folding.
legendary
...I don't see ANY major hardware reseller wanting anything to do with FLDC as long as they continue to insist on using that garbage Counterparty junk.
There's, literally, not a single sentence in this whole thread that I agree with more than that one.  Undecided

What is it that you don't like about Counterparty?
  • It's frequently down.
  • It costs BTC to transfer any other coin
  • It's generous to call the exchange "slow"

Thanks for your answer.  I'm only going to counter you once here because this is the CURE thread and I'm not sure how relevant this discussion is.

I haven't experienced Counterparty being "frequently down". 

It costs btc to transfer assets because Counterparty exists on top of the bitcoin blockchain.  It's no different then paying a fee for a transaction with ANY coin.

If you think the exchange is slow then perhaps your not paying enough in fees to correspond with your expectations.  Again, this has to do with bitcoin and the current btc mempool more so then Counterparty.  If you want to make a bitcoin transaction happen faster then you add a higher fee.  Likewise, you would do the same with a Counterparty transaction.

Counterparty has a decent history in terms of crypto and it works well in my opinion.  If CURE were to add some sort of features on top of the Counterparty platform I would likely be even more interested in CURE.
Pages:
Jump to: