Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 8. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
1. Yes.
2. Soon™
    There is a fork in testing that will remove PoW and also lower the minimum stake age to a few days which should be done (actually) soon. The CC 2.0 fork will be after but my understanding is it won't happen until after Vorksholk reaches some milestone in one of his other projects. I don't know the exact details.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Will Curecoin 2.0 still support Folding@home? Also any updated ETA when 2.0 will be available?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
...Is there a detailed technical explanation how the whole project/ puzzle solving with the hash power works in detail ? would be glad to have some detailed information
For starters, there is no "hashpower" in folding. As for the rest, I suggest starting with http://folding.stanford.edu/dig-deeper/
For answers to that I would start at the official folding forums:

https://foldingforum.org/viewforum.php?f=17

Something something Markov state models and openMM software.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
Hmm you're right it doesn't seem to be explained in the OP. There is this post which has a lot of good information on the distribution and how the coin is administrated. Maybe it should be linked or added in the OP:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6688632

Is there any way to track the process home many projects from folding at home could be solved via the use of the distributed power ? I would really like to see the progress since i used the program a few years back and think the idea is just great.

Is there a detailed technical explanation how the whole project/ puzzle solving with the hash power works in detail ? would be glad to have some detailed information
Hmm you're right it doesn't seem to be explained in the OP. There is this post which has a lot of good information on the distribution and how the coin is administrated. Maybe it should be linked or added in the OP:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6688632
Activity: 151
Merit: 7
That is interesting i never knew that. So basically the Premine is distributed to Folders.

And the POS/POW is like a seesaw reward of the sorts.

So if i manage to stake something, i get new coins, that are added to the chain. And i get only a percent of the current block reward, with every staking hit.

Whatever i get through folding is from the premine.
And that would mean that this whole premine, is always to be seen, and one could see how it will decrease over time, because of the rewards given for folding.

There are five 2.3 mil addresses on the rich list, i take it that is part of the premine.

Which means in reality, very few coins are on the market at all, since all the premine is or will not be availabe untill it will be released through folding.

Im afraid this isnt properly explained in the ANN, or am i blind ?

Retired IRCX God
I dont intend to mine, since my rig is folding, aprox 1mil to 1.2mil PPD, i only wanted to know how the staking folding mining rewards are split EXACTLY.

Lets say Block reward is x

a% goes to a fund, from which it is sent to all the Folders, based on Points accrued.
b% goes to stakers,
c% for developer fund.

But how can you expect to get through staking, a certain percent based on how many coins you have, lets say i have 100k coins, and i get a hit, do i get that fixed percent out of those whole 100k coins ?, or when i get a staking hit, i will get once, the b% from the block reward, which is now 6.5 coinz. so for every hit would be (b*6.5)/100 for every hit.

That would not corespond to a fixed percent based on how many coins you own, so it would be a fixed percent out of the block rewards.

That is what i wanted to have cleared.

If anyone can explain, would be very helpfull.
It doesn't work that way.

100% of the block reward goes to the block finder (be it PoS or PoW).
When you mine a block, you get all of the reward for that block.
When you stake a block (which is nothing more than mining a low diff block with the requirement that you have preexisting coinage), you get all of the reward for that block.

Any breakdown of what goes to devs and/or what goes to folders comes out of the 23,226,285 CURE that was premined by the devs; it is separate from the ongoing chain rewards.
I dont intend to mine, since my rig is folding, aprox 1mil to 1.2mil PPD, i only wanted to know how the staking folding mining rewards are split EXACTLY.

Lets say Block reward is x

a% goes to a fund, from which it is sent to all the Folders, based on Points accrued.
b% goes to stakers,
c% for developer fund.

But how can you expect to get through staking, a certain percent based on how many coins you have, lets say i have 100k coins, and i get a hit, do i get that fixed percent out of those whole 100k coins ?, or when i get a staking hit, i will get once, the b% from the block reward, which is now 6.5 coinz. so for every hit would be (b*6.5)/100 for every hit.

That would not corespond to a fixed percent based on how many coins you own, so it would be a fixed percent out of the block rewards.

That is what i wanted to have cleared.

If anyone can explain, would be very helpfull.
Retired IRCX God
^^^ That moment when you quote the ANN for no apparent reason^^^

What is the mwximum supply for CURE? How much is block reward? How come folders get coins and miners. And there is staking as well?
^^^ That moment when you ignore the ANN (and the post before you, which is [literally] a repost of the ANN) for no apparent reason^^^

Im not ignoring it, but now the there is suppose to be no mining, but staking instead of it. Its really a fog, Will read the whole ANN first thread, hopefully it is updated.
Mining has always bee discouraged; in fact, if you go through the pages, one dev told me (and I paraphrase) that it's stupid to mine CURE and the "proper" way to mine it is on a profit switcher (which is stupid since the PoW diff gets jacked up [by both PoW and PoS] and never comes back down without someone mining a PoW block).

The shortest answer is that no matter the state of CureCoin (1.x or 2.x) you'll never get any official help when it comes to doing any part of securing the 1.x chain with PoW because the official stance is anti-PoW despite what the ANN says.

What is the mwximum supply for CURE? How much is block reward? How come folders get coins and miners. And there is staking as well?
^^^ That moment when you ignore the ANN (and the post before you, which is [literally] a repost of the ANN) for no apparent reason^^^

Im not ignoring it, but now the there is suppose to be no mining, but staking instead of it. Its really a fog, Will read the whole ANN first thread, hopefully it is updated.

Quote from ANN
"Curecoins go to three main areas: Folders, Miners, and Developers. The folders get 76% of the total rewards (80% of the coins distributed per day). SHA256 miners get 19% of the total rewards (20% of the coins distributed per day). 2% of the total reward was distributed to people who donated to project development."

Where is the staking here ? Looks like ANN isnt properly updated !
So how is the reward breakdown now that there are is no mining (i think i read that somewhere)

So the block reward is 6.5 coins ? How are the folding hashes calculated, and how much goes to folders, and how much to stakers ?

I really dont understand how the coins are generated here

If i have 100k coins in wallet, i get a stake reward as a percent of coins held, ? or as a part of the 6.5 coins block reward.

Its really a fog (probably in my brain only). Can someone explain how it really is ?
Retired IRCX God
The only pool still kicking  is https://pool.803mine.com but not a lot power...
And everyone better get it while they can, the newest wallet code includes a hardfork that gives a solid hard one up the keister to all of us PoW miners.
Activity: 110
Merit: 0
I think that no one, much less the whole community, needs to spend that much time trying to convince an exchange to stay a delisting. The fact that they are delisting a "cause coin" is, in fact, representative of the fact that they have already made up their mind and pages of a forum thread aren't going to matter
Activity: 112
How does one calculate the folding difficulty for use in the merge folding calculator?
Activity: 4
Scrypt ASICs will never work for Folding. I don't know how folding works exactly, so I'm not sure it's possible to create an ASIC for folding. It might be though, it sounds like the work is repetitive, but I'm neither a folding developer or ASIC developer so I can't say anything about folding ASICs.

Curecoin was once on Sha256 pools, but I haven't seen that much in the last year.

The only pool still kicking  is https://pool.803mine.com but not a lot power...
Retired IRCX God

Retired IRCX God
is quite good  anti-asics proof. Smiley
Or, by that logic, if one were willing to spend enough $, it's quite good PoS proof (given that PoS block production slows during times of heavy ASIC mining).
Activity: 13
Merit: 2
Curecoin Protein Folding rewards halving has arrived 🚨~May 10 2018~🚨 as originally designed.

Block rewards halving for SHA-256 PoW miners & PoS minting wallets have occured ahead of schedule in February. This was announced in our reddit.
The schedule is based on the original 100 years of mintage document.

As of May 10th, over half of all Curecoin 1.x tokens are in public circulation.
Halving will be reflected in payouts from cryptobullionpools.com going forward. The next Curecoin 1.x halving period is scheduled for 2022.

This is a noteworthy milestone demonstrating the stability and longevity of Curecoin's blockchain as a successful reward system for citizen scientists.

Thank you Curecoin folding team members for continuing to support this unique vision of the future - where over 80% of our electrical power is used for research, not hashes.

-wuffy68
Pages:
Jump to: