Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 97. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
what's the address for the block explorer?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I have a "generate" transaction in my wallet that, after more than 700 confirmations, is not in the balance yet.
But it shows on "listaccounts". Is that normal?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 486
interesting! I'll keep an eye on this project!
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Any news dev.

How are we getting along on the cc 2.0?

Going great! This weekend I'm finalizing the code for Merkle signatures (including the certificates used for folding mintage), and hopefully wrapping up the specs of the transaction formatting. The Curecoin 2.0 transaction system is fairly basic at this point.

On the in-progress list:
Blockchain database (need to optimize for performance and storage space)
Certificate formatting (this is more of just a final approval on the existing specifications we discussed months ago)
P2P Networking (a fair amount to do here)
GUI

Then the upcoming list (all of which are non-essential items which can be added later, but would be nice at launch):
-Light merchant 'scripting? not even.' language: Can tell daemon to perform job x upon completion of condition y
->Example 1: Send "x8cmeob" to 192.168.0.12 when
receives 8 CUR
->Example 2: Append "x8cmeob" to file "transactions.txt" when
receives 8 CUR
-Basic accounting features built-into GUI wallet (group addresses into an account, produce transaction records for a given account,  etc.)
-Some indication/measure of network health and connection quality

Curecoin 2.0 will be cross-platform at launch, with a compiled binary available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

For anyone interested in the practicality of Merkle signatures for a cryptocurrency network, an address capable of signing 8192 transactions takes around 3 seconds to generate on modern hardware using one core. People will be able to choose what capacity address they would like to use. More capacious (more possible transaction signatures) take longer to generate. Lowest possible will likely be 4096 transactions, with the highest being either 32768 or 65535. 4096 will be far more than 99.99% of use cases. Signature verification takes a trivial amount of time. Signatures are small enough in size to not produce blockchain bloat. Private keys require less than a megabyte each.

You are encouraged to contribute content to the cause-coin page at The Einsteinium News, so a far there are four stories there regarding cause-coins, consider contributing your  your perspective.

www.Einsteinium.biz and
https://sites.google.com/site/einsteiniumbiz/cause-coins
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Any news dev.

Going great! This weekend I'm finalizing the code for Merkle signatures (including the certificates used for folding mintage), and hopefully wrapping up the specs of the transaction formatting. The Curecoin 2.0 transaction system is fairly basic at this point.

On the in-progress list:
Blockchain database (need to optimize for performance and storage space)
Certificate formatting (this is more of just a final approval on the existing specifications we discussed months ago)
P2P Networking (a fair amount to do here)
GUI

Then the upcoming list (all of which are non-essential items which can be added later, but would be nice at launch):
-Light merchant 'scripting? not even.' language: Can tell daemon to perform job x upon completion of condition y
->Example 1: Send "x8cmeob" to 192.168.0.12 when
receives 8 CUR
->Example 2: Append "x8cmeob" to file "transactions.txt" when
receives 8 CUR
-Basic accounting features built-into GUI wallet (group addresses into an account, produce transaction records for a given account,  etc.)
-Some indication/measure of network health and connection quality

Curecoin 2.0 will be cross-platform at launch, with a compiled binary available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

For anyone interested in the practicality of Merkle signatures for a cryptocurrency network, an address capable of signing 8192 transactions takes around 3 seconds to generate on modern hardware using one core. People will be able to choose what capacity address they would like to use. More capacious (more possible transaction signatures) take longer to generate. Lowest possible will likely be 4096 transactions, with the highest being either 32768 or 65535. 4096 will be far more than 99.99% of use cases. Signature verification takes a trivial amount of time. Signatures are small enough in size to not produce blockchain bloat. Private keys require less than a megabyte each.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Any news dev.

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Protein folding is not just about curing disease.. we should garner as much positive attention to protein folding as we possibly can. We should post this Ted Talk video on the website, or reiterate some of it... along with it are some important quotes from the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm-3kovWpNQ

"So obviously one thing that proteins are important for is for understanding health and curing disease. But the other thing that I want to make a case for you about is the prospect of us scaling up small world machines to the big world."

"There's huge prospects for scaling these up for solving problems having to do with water supply, health, energy, solar energy conversion, human transportation, information.. We see it on the micro scale, we should be able to make it work on the macro scale."

"The great thing about this field is that it's one of the rare cases in history where you can already see how a technology works in great detail before you've even developed it. We see it work on the smale scale, it's just a matter of "can we scale it up?". We just need to learn the principles, we just need to learn how to harness it, and conceivably it's a future you will see and we will all see if that happens."
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

Yeah I'm actively trading now as well to try to increase the volume.

Edit:  I'm not sure how big a deal it would be to lose an exchange since we don't have much volume.  Forcing everyone onto one exchange might not be a bad thing since it would increase the volume on that exchange.  I prefer Bittrex over Poloniex though.

I'm curious why you prefer bittrex. I use bittrex a lot because it has an incredible number of coins, but it seems to me that poloniex is technically 'better'.
Poloniex is better for sure!

Bittrex has a much larger audience and it is much easier on the eyes. Polo reminds me of 1998. Just cant get over it. :/

Bittrex has gathered the audience by adding shitcoins as quick as possible and delisting them even faster (the thing c-cex does now). Poloniex (or Cryptsy) is more serious company.
Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Edit:  I'm not sure how big a deal it would be to lose an exchange since we don't have much volume.  Forcing everyone onto one exchange might not be a bad thing since it would increase the volume on that exchange.  I prefer Bittrex over Poloniex though.

I'm curious why you prefer bittrex. I use bittrex a lot because it has an incredible number of coins, but it seems to me that poloniex is technically 'better'.

Bittrex has a much larger audience and it is much easier on the eyes. Polo reminds me of 1998. Just cant get over it. :/

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in here to note some fun changes. We're trying to create a bit of a better user experience by slowly bring our separate web elements into one domain and central branding.

The forum is now located on-site at CureCoin.net/forum. All existing topics and users should have been brought over without issue; that said, we converted from SMF to phpBB and rolled the login into the site's central system, so you might find you need to reset your password or something. If you have issues, visit the IRC chat for help and I'll get you squared away.

In the future, we'll bring the pool from cryptobullionpools.com to Pool.CureCoin.net as well (it forwards for now, if you happen to try the URL).

Pop on over to the forum, and breathe a little life into it - like a tender rose, it was a little shocked by the move. Smiley
Activity: 292

I'm curious why you prefer bittrex. I use bittrex a lot because it has an incredible number of coins, but it seems to me that poloniex is technically 'better'. Trade fees are 0.2% on polo and 0.25% on bit. Withdraw fees are generally lower on polo. Polo offers the ability to analyze your trades for each coin using special parameters to determine your average price. Charts are more smooth and detailed. Admins are more active in the chat, users are more active in the chat....

Higher volume on the coins I've traded which is only Curecoin and Dogecoin and I've never seen any downtime.  Never had any sort of problem what-so-ever.  At the time I'm typing this Poloniex appears to be down but I could reach it within 10 minutes.

I suspect I'll start moving over to Poloniex soon.  I have an account there.  I just prefer the GUI a bit more on Bittrex but either will work fine for my purposes.

Ironically it looks like the Dogecoin wallet is disabled on Bittrex now so I guess I can't say I've never seen an issue anymore...
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
twitter.com/natmcmolecule

I'm curious why you prefer bittrex. I use bittrex a lot because it has an incredible number of coins, but it seems to me that poloniex is technically 'better'. Trade fees are 0.2% on polo and 0.25% on bit. Withdraw fees are generally lower on polo. Polo offers the ability to analyze your trades for each coin using special parameters to determine your average price. Charts are more smooth and detailed. Admins are more active in the chat, users are more active in the chat....
Hello

strange thing: I've been folding since Thursday with 3 GPUs (6850 and R9 270 + 7790). One of them shows estimated points per day about 10 thousands, and the rest of them show something above 30 thousands. But I'm receiving only about 2.5 CURE/day, my yesterday's reward disappeared (no transfer on Oct, 1st at all), cryptobullionpools was showing yesterdays "Your 24 Hour Folding Points [Folding points verified.] Valid: " something like 70 thousands points) and checked today - I've received 2.5 CURE only again. CureCoin Estimation Calculator showed me that about 70 thousand points is about 20 CURE! How many CURE it should be and what could be wrong?

BTW: what are best clocks for 6850?

What is your username for F@H? 70k points should be getting you around 12.40 CUR/day right now.

Username alicea
Activity: 292
I see there is a de-listing warning on Bittrex for Curecoin now.  It says the following:

"This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on November 7th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."

That's a bummer - I don't have enough to trade and Bittrex is a major exchange for us.

Yeah it bummed me out as well! Angry  Hopefully the volume will rise enough to keep Curecoin listed.  

Today's volume is above 0.2 BTC, so that's looking up Smiley

legendary
Hello

strange thing: I've been folding since Thursday with 3 GPUs (6850 and R9 270 + 7790). One of them shows estimated points per day about 10 thousands, and the rest of them show something above 30 thousands. But I'm receiving only about 2.5 CURE/day, my yesterday's reward disappeared (no transfer on Oct, 1st at all), cryptobullionpools was showing yesterdays "Your 24 Hour Folding Points [Folding points verified.] Valid: " something like 70 thousands points) and checked today - I've received 2.5 CURE only again. CureCoin Estimation Calculator showed me that about 70 thousand points is about 20 CURE! How many CURE it should be and what could be wrong?

What is your username for F@H? 70k points should be getting you around 12.40 CUR/day right now.

legendary
I see there is a de-listing warning on Bittrex for Curecoin now.  It says the following:

"This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on November 7th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."

That's a bummer - I don't have enough to trade and Bittrex is a major exchange for us.

Yeah it bummed me out as well! Angry  Hopefully the volume will rise enough to keep Curecoin listed.  

Today's volume is above 0.2 BTC, so that's looking up Smiley
Hello

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
My wallet is on Bittrex. If they removed Curecoin, is there a risk my wallet to be inaccessible (for me)?

in the beginning after delist they will keep the wallet
but it will get removed in some point
the best place for one's coin is in his own wallet + backup
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
My wallet is on Bittrex. If they removed Curecoin, is there a risk my wallet to be inaccessible (for me)?
Pages:
Jump to: