Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 115. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
net profit: 2700$
I was checking the correlation of the two currencies and XDN seems to be faring much better right now. I would have expected XDN to be down to around 18-19 sat right now - but still sitting at 24. Looks like its proving to be pretty resilient.
Yes that was surprising but the price is kept up by a buywall at 23, it will continue down below 20 eventually, just wait. Each new xdn peak is lower than the last, xdn falls slowsly and hence it is possible to predict the price.
Activity: 98
DigitalNote stopped to bleeding and Monero's price is still going down. Interesting! Smiley
I was checking the correlation of the two currencies and XDN seems to be faring much better right now. I would have expected XDN to be down to around 18-19 sat right now - but still sitting at 24. Looks like its proving to be pretty resilient.
XDN is still building its base for a promising future. Nevertheless the coin is proving us to be pretty stable despite the bad moments.

The phase has showed that Monero is in a shaking ground. Hopefully after this, people should wake up and figure what was all that pump Monero had in recent past, and look to another more reliable cryptocurrency such as XDN.

XDN has an intersting technology its devs are implementing to it, plus its price is so low which is an invitation to invest to it.

I don't understand why people don't take advantage of XDN now before it gets too late. Huh

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
DigitalNote stopped to bleeding and Monero's price is still going down. Interesting! Smiley
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
You decided to sell at loss. You decided against holding. You want quick bucks, it seems.
Some really short term pumps on crappy or dead coin projects offer that,
at big risk, of course.
yes i could have gotten out cheaper but i panicked, i am not a good trader, not really blaming anyone. I will probably rebuy some XDN at lower price but at most 5...10 million the next time, considering this project has 1% chance of succeeding it might be worth it.

I did sell becuase i lost faith in this project, maybe it was panic and a mistake but i doubt xdn will be able to overcome the network effect(SDC, XMR).

I think your new figure is a good amount of XDN to hold longterm — without selling nor trading most of it it 'ever'.
That you could call an investment.

I don't think XDN must compare itself to XMR or SDC, the first is quite positioning itself in a shady ghetto,
the latter has its own set of hurdles, using LevelDB with all is flaws, and SDC is quite concentrated & priced out …
both are coins with a small amount of total coins. However, we'll see.

XDN, as a currency for a wider adoption, has a really good total amount,
and it is pretty cheap, at floor price ranges … if it goes to one cent per XDN : Cool

I am quite sure we'll come up with some interesting & useful economies for it — eventually.

I do wish you good luck anyway, buy any dip and don't go full in, 1/3 , later ... 1/3 ,
and keep the last 1/3 BTC you'd possibly spend for a last top up finalising your position

Patience is key, there are eventually a few repeating opportunities
Activity: 98
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I have some spare computer systems mining XDN. It is not likely I will buy XDN. Prefer to mine it. Maybe one year later I peek at my XDN wallet again I hope I will get a good surprise. Smiley
You decided to sell at loss. You decided against holding. You want quick bucks, it seems.
at big risk, of course.
yes i could have gotten out cheaper but i panicked, i am not a good trader, not really blaming anyone. I will probably rebuy some XDN at lower price but at most 5...10 million the next time, considering this project has 1% chance of succeeding it might be worth it.

I did sell becuase i lost faith in this project, maybe it was panic and a mistake but i doubt xdn will be able to overcome the network effect(SDC, XMR).

I cannot believe Dogecoin is doing better than XDN. Possibly due to Dogecoin fun factor and it was one of the first few crypto currencies.
It's called "network effect" and it's very unfair, it doesn't matter how hard dnote works on PoA or what features that get's implemented, this coin is dead.

You should consider not trading stocks nor alt coins at all, buy just bonds, they give you less than inflation but it's a steady rate;)

Honestly, If you speculate buying several thousands of USD worth in any altcoin, you should know they are very volatile, always.

You say you lost half a bitcoin 'investing' in XDN, well maybe you should not have sold,
one good buy order could have changed your fate.

at big risk , of course.

Take for example someone who bought 30 btc's worth of XDN a 32 sat's — putting some on sale at over 80 sats,
holding the rest...

Investing is different from speculating, and you did only speculate very short term. Investing is buying cheap ranges and
holding for a really huge upside because you believe in the project & tech, not caring much or at all what the market says.

Of course, investors and speculators have maybe wiser strategies in place to lower short- and longterm risks,
one such would be to buy gradually ranges of market prices in a way to be able to average down to floor prices,
that is , keeping enough BTC to catch some dips, and that also means that you don't go in initially with 90% of yours.

I see you were positive though initially, now that your expectation has not been met immediately you try too hard to FUD and defame.
That's really not a mature nor respectful attitude to cultivate in any area of your life. Be wise, it's really better not to make the world
responsible for your own errors, the blaming and shaming game always fires backwards, by hindering your personal growth ,
in manyfold and sublime ways.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I cannot believe Dogecoin is doing better than XDN. Possibly due to Dogecoin fun factor and it was one of the first few crypto currencies.
It's called "network effect" and it's very unfair, it doesn't matter how hard dnote works on PoA or what features that get's implemented, this coin is dead.

Simply said, this coin is very much alive.
XDN will eventually deliver PoA and many other useful & innovative features.

From an investor perspective it's best to buy early in the sub 50 satoshi range,
eventually, it will rise above and never come back down again, and obviously,
there is a potential upside that will dwarf the imagination of anyone who thinks
in small satoshi gains & losses. Think big and longterm to profit from this hugely
undervalued & unique crypto currency. XDN may fly on one good day with volume …  

Maybe a re-branding strategy ( without changing XDN ) could yield so much more …
I haven't disclosed mine ever here, though I mentioned having one thought, and still
after many month have past, it has remained the very same — not going to change  Roll Eyes
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
This is a good idea but we would need to start over and need a Dev.
I doubt dnote would abandon his coin so it would be a difficult situation.

Also, thus has been tried before with a coin called bitcedi which spectacularly failed since the minds coins ended up being worthless.
Cloned coins seem to do pretty terribly in general.

The situation is go high or fail at this point.
How is the Reddit tipbot going jwinterm?
of course, a new coin would have to be something different, maybe adding the ability to do smart contracts(like etherium), shadowcash is also interesting. I am 99% certain XDN will fail now. Now with the falling price even less people will mine it, PoA wont save it.

Look at peercoin, just offering PoS/PoA instead of PoW is not enough http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/peercoin/

Grin People come, people go away, XDN stay. I am glad you give it 1% chance  Grin
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I think it would be better to launch a new coin with PoA, then a lot of people would be able to mine it and we would get a large userbase. Here is my suggestions for block reward system https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16394498

I would like to hear the developers opinion on this. Its a good idea and I also agree with the post before this.

1. PoA will be based on XDN deposits and true PoA security possible only with XDN distribution model, when bunch of coins have been already mined and available on free market.

2. Block reward system was the part of XDN economy model.

3. PoA will secure network much. But PoA is a hardest hardfork ever, proposed by Bitcoin developers https://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf

4. If you are looking for a quick profit on speculation, XDN probably not good coin for you. While price is pretty stable for years it has an incredible potential to go very high. But, probably this is not a day-trading coin, rather long term investment

5. We always mentioned that PoA is a very hard "feature" to implement on any blockchain and if we are talking about XDN (cryptonote) is even harder.
But you can check for our first results - blockchain deposits. XDN was the very first cryptocurrency implemented it. This is the base for future PoA.
We are working on it almost every day, including weekends. But can`t give you time frames yet.

We will keep XDN development in any case, it is our child, strong, but unnoticed yet. We are good with that.
Thank you.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I think we will see POA. And it will be a feature unlike any other crypto. dNote has produced many unique and useful features. I have no reason to suspect POA will fail to be delivered. That being said, I try not to focus on the monetary value (although I agree this does show consensus), but rather the utility of the features. I'm not giving up on XDN, I can forgive missed deadlines  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Also, thus has been tried before with a coin called bitcedi which spectacularly failed since the minds coins ended up being worthless.

I tried unsuccessfully to add the RPC calls needed to xdn to make the bot work, but I was unable to successfully compile. So, at the moment i am running bot for aeon instead (on irc and reddit), as well as myriadcoin and groestlcoin (grs only reddit).

As an aside, I was a fan of bitcedi, because I like some of the ideas behind xdn, but not the distribution. Bitcedi had somewhat slower distribution and a lot more folks are aware of cryptonotes and how to mine them compared to two years ago, but obviously lulworm seems to be doing a pretty poor job being active or getting people interested or giving any indication that he is capable of adding features to the coin, so I wouldn't be opposed to another fork of xdn, before or after poa (assuming it ever arrives).

of course, a new coin would have to be something different, maybe adding the ability to do smart contracts(like etherium), shadowcash is also interesting. I am 99% certain XDN will fail now. Now with the falling price even less people will mine it, PoA wont save it.

Look at peercoin, just offering PoS/PoA instead of PoW is not enough http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/peercoin/
Activity: 476
Merit: 251

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
I think it would be better to launch a new coin with PoA, then a lot of people would be able to mine it and we would get a large userbase. Here is my suggestions for block reward system https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16394498

I would like to hear the developers opinion on this. Its a good idea and I also agree with the post before this.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101

Jump to: