Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 133. (Read 1260595 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
How many confirmations needed to start pos generation on dmd v3?

mine started to mint within an hour or so of v3 transfer, takes 641 confirmations
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
How many confirmations needed to start pos generation on dmd v3?
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
DM Wallet 3.0 up and running. Got all coins. Can i delete the DMD 2.0 now?

Why bother?
Is your hard drive full or something?
I won't delete mine. Its legacy. It has history I may need to ref some day, and doesn't affect anything.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
What about raspi? I tried to use scripts according to instructions in INSTALL file (in source code) and I got message I haven't proper version of Berkeley DB.

Someone in the slack channel mentioned that you have to use Berkeley DB 4.8 I believe. I haven't had time to test it myself, but this might help:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md#berkeley-db

Let me know if you have any success!  Wink

Don't waste your time with all these libs like I did Cheesy. You will get all the libs needed and then the wallet will fail to compile because the CPU is on another architecture (armv7l or something).
Someone posted the builds (wallet compiled) for raspberry Pi on the slack channel, they are working for Raspbian and also for Rokos Core: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0NqMbA-2YNVOXlEZXYwYlMwMlk

Thanks a lot dbraford!

PS: we are waiting for the GUI wallet also  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
public official masternode how to when ?
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
DM Wallet 3.0 up and running. Got all coins. Can i delete the DMD 2.0 now?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I am just now learning of this new wallet.  Yesterday, I sent five dmd to Bittrexx exchange from old wallet.  Are they lost?  The old wallet says they are sent and the Bittrexx deposit address has not changed since last time I sent there.   They are not in Bittrexxes pending deposits since yesterday.  Please help.  Thanks.

The snapshot of DMD v2 was taken on the 15th September, any transactions after that are not reflected in DMD v3.

This means your coins are fine, if you export your DMD v2 private key and import into DMD v3 wallet as per the instructions your v3 wallet will show the correct amount including the coins you sent (well, didn't sent) to Bittrex.

Thanks for the quick response!  Must appreciated!

Please make sure you use this guide to import your wallet to V3.

http://bit.diamonds/how_transition_short.pdf
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I am just now learning of this new wallet.  Yesterday, I sent five dmd to Bittrexx exchange from old wallet.  Are they lost?  The old wallet says they are sent and the Bittrexx deposit address has not changed since last time I sent there.   They are not in Bittrexxes pending deposits since yesterday.  Please help.  Thanks.

The snapshot of DMD v2 was taken on the 15th September, any transactions after that are not reflected in DMD v3.

This means your coins are fine, if you export your DMD v2 private key and import into DMD v3 wallet as per the instructions your v3 wallet will show the correct amount including the coins you sent (well, didn't sent) to Bittrex.

Thanks for the quick response!  Must appreciated!
Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Activity: 103
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
On your questions.

1. You do not have to encrypt the wallet in order to stake. In fact, the opposite is true. In order to stake, the wallet must not be encrypted (or of encrypted, must be unlocked). You encrypt the wallet for your own security, especially if you use insecure environment or OS.

2. There is no point to encrypt the wallet if it will be unlocked without you entering the password (which only you know). See 1. In such cases, simply do not encrypt the wallet.

3. This is good news. It means that DMDv3 was able to recover all of your keys (and addresses), but becaus ethey are in different format, transactions and address book entries cannot be preserved. In this case, run the wallet with -upgradewallet (or if useing the GUI, the same action is in the Repair Wallet option).
At this point your wallet should behave like normal. But it will still be one large file. In order to shrink it to the minimum, the more agressive -salvagewallet can be used.
Please note both could be unsafe in some circumstances, especially if your wallet was messed up (but the message you cite indicates this might not be the case).
You can export the private keys, with "dumpwallet" (in console) or manually as explained.
Then remove wallet.dat and import them with "importwallet".

If you imported your private key(s), then your addresses are still there, but because you did not import the address book you don't see them. You can verify what addresses your wallet thinks you have (only those that ever received coins) with the command "listaddressgroupings".

3c. It should be gone after -upgradewallet.

PS: As helmut mentioned, if you want to be safe, use only the exported keys and do not use the old wallet.dat file. See "listaddressgroupings" for the list of what addresses you have there.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Hi to all.

Have a questions about the v3 walet:
1. As I understand, to begin the stake process, the wallet should be encrypted with password, and it's need to be unlocked to be able to stake?
2. Is there commandline option to automatically unlock the wallet at startup?
3. The old wallet.dat was imported, with the message, that the file is readed, but the transactions and addr.book may be incorrect, so I've take the way via export/import private key. The import was successfull, but my dmd address was changed. Now, the question: what will happen with the DMD cloudmining? The new address is not linked to the old one...
3a) To where the CM paymens will go? (assuming, to the old address)
3b) How to set the new address as the reward recipient for CloudMining?
3c) Is there a way to get rid of the message about the incorrect transactions history and addr.book? This message is stopping the wallet from work, until I close it manually Sad

Thanks.

2. if u wana write ur password into a script u dont need a password at all i would say......
a wallet without password will be always in "unlocked" status

3. dont import old wallet follow this guide to import old address private keys (including the registered at cloudmining key) into a fresh new DMDv3 wallet
http://bit.diamonds/how_transition_short.pdf

3a 3b 3c all solved when u follow the guide and use a native DMDv3 wallet with imported private keys
Activity: 130
Hi to all.

Have a questions about the v3 walet:
1. As I understand, to begin the stake process, the wallet should be encrypted with password, and it's need to be unlocked to be able to stake?
2. Is there commandline option to automatically unlock the wallet at startup?
3. The old wallet.dat was imported, with the message, that the file is readed, but the transactions and addr.book may be incorrect, so I've take the way via export/import private key. The import was successfull, but my dmd address was changed. Now, the question: what will happen with the DMD cloudmining? The new address is not linked to the old one...
3a) To where the CM paymens will go? (assuming, to the old address)
3b) How to set the new address as the reward recipient for CloudMining?
3c) Is there a way to get rid of the message about the incorrect transactions history and addr.book? This message is stopping the wallet from work, until I close it manually Sad

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
What about raspi? I tried to use scripts according to instructions in INSTALL file (in source code) and I got message I haven't proper version of Berkeley DB.

Someone in the slack channel mentioned that you have to use Berkeley DB 4.8 I believe. I haven't had time to test it myself, but this might help:

Let me know if you have any success!  Wink

for portable wallet.dat file, you need 4.8 else you can do --with-incompatible-bdb in the ./configure line
Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Let me know if you have any success!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009
Quick question for the dev's, i forgot to import a private key, and yesterday i opened again the old 2.0 wallet, and dumped the private key of the address i forgot, then closed it and try to import this private key on new 3.0 wallet, but got this error :

Invalid private key encoding (code -5)

I used the same method of workflow used for the other 4 keys/address, the only difference is that the other keys i import them before encrypting the new wallet, now the new wallet is encrypted (but unlocked, when i tried to import), i don't know if this can be the problem. someone can give me a direction, why this last one will never be imported ?

Is an empty address, but it may be that i need it in the future.....

Cheers

Try locking the V3 wallet and then, unlocking in console using:
     walletpassphrase (password) (time in sec.)

Same error... not worked. Sad

Edit : made again the export of the key, found that i copied bad, missed one char of the private key, now key imported perfectly.....

problem solved.
Thanks again
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Quick question for the dev's, i forgot to import a private key, and yesterday i opened again the old 2.0 wallet, and dumped the private key of the address i forgot, then closed it and try to import this private key on new 3.0 wallet, but got this error :

I used the same method of workflow used for the other 4 keys/address, the only difference is that the other keys i import them before encrypting the new wallet, now the new wallet is encrypted (but unlocked, when i tried to import), i don't know if this can be the problem. someone can give me a direction, why this last one will never be imported ?

Cheers

Try locking the V3 wallet and then, unlocking in console using:
     walletpassphrase (password) (time in sec.)
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009

Cheers
Activity: 246
Activity: 444
My wallet doesn't sync though there are few network connections...I am using the latest version.

getinfo

{
    "version" : 3000012,
    "protocolversion" : 70716,
    "walletversion" : 61000,
    "balance" : ,
    "mixTX_balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 2215,
    "timeoffset" : 4,
    "connections" : 4,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 3867.60490274,