Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal - page 25. (Read 635464 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
i have a problem on the update wallet version 4.0.0.4

I downloaded the zipped file. How do I proceed? I need to unpack the zip file in the folder with the purse of the previous version (and thus replace all existing files) or need to create a new folder ?!

I know that I'm noob, but who is not difficult please write the answer, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
Ok - here goes.
This is my FIRST ever post on a forum, so if I'm messing up sorry, I'll get better.

I've some questions about Dopecoin mining.

1) I've sync'd the wallet -ok, but the number of current active connections is 1.  Do I need, to add a...ahhh .conf file and how?

2) Backup up the, currently empty, wallet - but articles that I've found on the 'net, not specifically about DopeCoin, state that I'll need to re-backup the wallet on occasion.  I thought that the wallet was basically an access to an address, sort of, so as long as I have that address + access to it ie password then everything's kosher.

3)Buying Dopecoin is fairly straightforward, the wallet though has the feature - under options, a transaction fee/ kb? For what type of transaction? Dopecoin use in real life?

4) I've an idea about how DopeCoin could be more popular, but haven't read the entire 450+ pages of this forum.  Are ideas that might be repeats ok to talk about, or as a newbie should I just stick to basic mining/forum questions?

Hope this posting works, odd to do + not exactly intuitive.

hello and welcome  Smiley
1) optional, do if you need to, examples can easily be found using search
2) do not save an unencrypted copy of your wallet.dat. do save multiple copys of your wallet.dat, on different media, and you should refresh the backup with every change you make to the wallet, as new addresses are created with almost every transaction. you may or may not want to export the private key(s).
3) the tx fee pays the miners for processing transactions, and helps prevent spammers from atacking. if you want to, you can pay extra, it should speed the tx
4) lots of free speech/libertarians around heah ... pls feel free  Grin

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
DOPECOIN RELEASES CRITICAL WALLET UPDATE IN PREPARATION FOR LAUNCH OF MAJOR UPGRADE
World-Wide 12/26/2017

The DopeCoin Development Team has officially released an update to the DopeCoin wallet (v. 4.0.0.4).   Although minor in nature, the update is critical to developments on the horizon and the team is asking the community to act with a sense of urgency in upgrading their client to the latest version.

The soon to be released major upgrade to the DopeCoin Core wallet has already been developed and is in the final stages of testing. However, this major upgrade will produce staking blocks that are incompatible with client versions 4.0.0.3 and below.  The 4.0.0.4 client update fixes this incompatibility and also adds a checkpoint at block 300500.   The team has released 4.0.0.4 well in advance of the next upgrade in order to prepare the network for a smooth transition and to avoid any potential complications.   Anyone running any version of the client below 4.0.0.4 after 2/01/2018 will find themselves running on a forked chain and their stakes will be invalid.

Please do not delay and upgrade your client as soon as possible.

DopeCoin  v. 4.0.0.4 Wallet Download Links

Activity: 8
Ok - here goes.
This is my FIRST ever post on a forum, so if I'm messing up sorry, I'll get better.

I've some questions about Dopecoin mining.

1) I've sync'd the wallet -ok, but the number of current active connections is 1.  Do I need, to add a...ahhh .conf file and how?

2) Backup up the, currently empty, wallet - but articles that I've found on the 'net, not specifically about DopeCoin, state that I'll need to re-backup the wallet on occasion.  I thought that the wallet was basically an access to an address, sort of, so as long as I have that address + access to it ie password then everything's kosher.

3)Buying Dopecoin is fairly straightforward, the wallet though has the feature - under options, a transaction fee/ kb? For what type of transaction? Dopecoin use in real life?

4) I've an idea about how DopeCoin could be more popular, but haven't read the entire 450+ pages of this forum.  Are ideas that might be repeats ok to talk about, or as a newbie should I just stick to basic mining/forum questions?

Hope this posting works, odd to do + not exactly intuitive.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Stop grumble around, its your own fault not following your coins in this new financial space. They announced the swap several months on all dopecoin channels. Step in again, its still cheap, or move on. Cheers
Activity: 69
Merit: 8
Notice how all the people bitching only have like 10-20 posts and are all newbie's.

Troll accounts me thinks.

If someone was tech savvy enough to get onboard with crypto back in 2014 and has only posted on the forum 15 times in 2-3 years having an investment then that's just a stupid ignorance.

No one in their right mind just say hey let's buy into this fledgling environment and then check back years later, you either invested a small amount and you are bitter because you fucked up, or you are just trolling because you are a parasite and love to create atmospheres of misery and suck the life from the universe.

Either way you are a prize penis. 

I usually help people regain their initial investment if they missed the coin swap but guess what, I'm fresh out of fucking sympathy.

stock splits, rebranding and takeovers happen all the time in the stock market and in the crypto world this happens at 100x speed.

You fucked up plain and simple, now go leave Crypto to the adults.

Nice rant...

Here is my old account - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/chris180z-12683

It got hacked and a bunch of spam posts were made which banned the account. I've been into crypto currencies since 2010, and I know a terrible move when I see one. My point was why not CREATE A NEW COIN? Leave my coin (Dopecoin) alone. I don't care if all the get rich quick newbies wanted it this way, it was a poor move, one which completely removes any trust in the new coin. What's to say it wont happen again? You have effectively destroyed what little was left of the coin. Anyway, I didn't mean to stir up trouble, I don't like drama, I just don't like how my money has been taken away from me by effectively, a completely new coin.
Activity: 171
another point to consider is that without reinvention of dopecoin to dopecoin gold it was destined to be delisted, those were shakey and every day i thought is this the day we die as the announcemnt was posted on the coin's page but we got there, if Dopey and the team hadn't stepped up then there would no longer be dope coin.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Anyway you look at it they were goin to lose their money if they didnt regularly check back, loads of coins have been delisted because they failed to upgrade and keep with the times.

I have said my bit and will now pipe down for the remainder of 2017

2018 going to buy me a new house with DOPE
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Notice how all the people bitching only have like 10-20 posts and are all newbie's.

If someone was tech savvy enough to get onboard with crypto back in 2014 and has only posted on the forum 15 times in 2-3 years having an investment then that's just a stupid ignorance.

No one in their right mind just say hey let's buy into this fledgling environment and then check back years later, you either invested a small amount and you are bitter because you fucked up, or you are just trolling because you are a parasite and love to create atmospheres of misery and suck the life from the universe.

I usually help people regain their initial investment if they missed the coin swap but guess what, I'm fresh out of fucking sympathy.

stock splits, rebranding and takeovers happen all the time in the stock market and in the crypto world this happens at 100x speed.

Agreed haha I have a penny stock trading account on Etrade I used a couple years ago that still have stock holdings from 4 or 5 companies... all of which shares are now equal to zero. Investments need to be watched and managed.
Activity: 171

legendary
It's not our fault you stole peoples money. You should have created a new coin if you felt this coin was failing. Who are you to say the coin is worthless when people have invested money into it?

Hey I have a idea, let's do the same with Bitcoin? I'm sure it will be the fault of the people who hold the coins in it's current form.. somehow?

Lol the people who invested money into it are the ones who decided to move to a new chain...
It's not our fault you stole peoples money. You should have created a new coin if you felt this coin was failing. Who are you to say the coin is worthless when people have invested money into it?

Hey I have a idea, let's do the same with Bitcoin? I'm sure it will be the fault of the people who hold the coins in it's current form.. somehow?
legendary
That just ruins the reputation. Why not make a new coin? So people who believed in the coin and put money into it had their investment wiped over night? Great move Dopecoin community...

It wasnt overnight and if you invest in something you should follow that investment. The people who believed in it and put their money into it... and followed it... decided to move to a new chain. I understand its frustrating but unfortunately it is what it is.

Wont touch this shitcoin, since they have no loyalty.  Where is the disclaimer telling investors your coins will be taken away from you unless you believe in it and follow it?   I get them, follow them, then might get tired and forget about them for years, but when I come back and find that you effectively stole my money.. I would not be a happy camper.

Again it is your responsibility to follow your money. The Dope Coin team has nothing but deliver on their promises. The dope coin community has actually helped several other people that lost some coins from the swap out of their own pockets. Every time we see the price of dope go up, people come out of the wood work to complain about the old blockchain that they didnt care enough to follow. Let it go, its your fault not Dope coin's fault.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
That just ruins the reputation. Why not make a new coin? So people who believed in the coin and put money into it had their investment wiped over night? Great move Dopecoin community...

It wasnt overnight and if you invest in something you should follow that investment. The people who believed in it and put their money into it... and followed it... decided to move to a new chain. I understand its frustrating but unfortunately it is what it is.

Wont touch this shitcoin, since they have no loyalty.  Where is the disclaimer telling investors your coins will be taken away from you unless you believe in it and follow it?   I get them, follow them, then might get tired and forget about them for years, but when I come back and find that you effectively stole my money.. I would not be a happy camper.

Your complaining about not checking your DopeCoin's since 2014. This is 100% your fault for not keeping track of your crypto portfolio.

DopeCoin uses experimental blockchain technology and we upgrade that technology on a regular basis in order to provide our investors and community with the most current and cutting-edge solutions.

It is unfortunate that you lost your coins but to claim that we have no loyalty and stole your coins is simply false.

The swap took place in January and February of last year and we posted for 2 months across Bitcointalk, Twitter, Facebook, and Bittrex was also involved and facilitated an automatic swap for everyone holding coins on the exchange.

There have actually been several instances in the past where the community has pitched in and donated to people in your type of situation to help mitigate their losses. Unfortunately, I don't know that this will happen due to the way you have approached this.

Again, I am sorry that you lost your coins. Hopefully, this experience can help you to achieve better success with your crypto investments in the future.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Wont touch this shitcoin, since they have no loyalty.  Where is the disclaimer telling investors your coins will be taken away from you unless you believe in it and follow it?   I get them, follow them, then might get tired and forget about them for years, but when I come back and find that you effectively stole my money.. I would not be a happy camper.

Welcome to the world of crypto :-) You better ask your financial advisor from your bank how to store your money, this crypto scene to wild for you
Activity: 87

legendary

legendary
Has this coin been taken over?

Just got "error reading wallet.dat" when trying to run my backup wallet from 2014.

My understanding is that there was a swap and coin burn to a new blockchain around the start of 2017. So old coins are no good anymore, no way to get that wallet.dat to sync.
Has this coin been taken over?

Just got "error reading wallet.dat" when trying to run my backup wallet from 2014.
legendary
Damnhh there was a swap? that means if i didnt get them swap my coins are worthless now? i just opened my wallet and it says 150 weeks behind.

Unfortunately if you are running the older dope coin wallet versions then yes, there is no way to access those coins any longer. There was a hard fork and coin burning that basically destroyed the old chain.
Pages:
Jump to: