Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [eToken] Rare | Website 11 languages | New version -> mandatory update - page 18. (Read 108284 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
I agree we can wait till the weekend. Its not wrong to think of plans what to do if he does not return.

He own the sites e-token.org. With wallets on it with the wrong code etc. So just forking and going on is not the whole storie. How are we sure people are getting the right information etc.

But even if he returns i will be sceptical. No team after all and a big bank/pre-mine.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Guys, calm down please and wait for dev answer (Mogui)
@Last1212 voted for wait for dev answer...
Once again to sum it up for everyone because I think a lot of people are going nuts right now Cheesy
  • Murkanovics pool at http://etoken.pool.digiraha.ee/ is a fork with a client without the difficulty bug at the block where the initial fork from OPs client happened as well
  • We need to get this coin alive again, so i suggest we start mining on that pool right away to get this mess up under control

We can still discuss further whether we want to change the client at a later point in order to
a) delete the bank of Mogui
b) create a new superblock
c) get rid of the gamble-reward blocks at 1000/10000 (I personally never liked them)

For now we need to stay calm and get mining going again, a coins value rises with the trust and security it offers - we need to reestablish that and we are not doing it by going all crazy and creating thousands of new topics where everybody is doing what he wants.

If you agree with me and think this is the right way to do it, go ahead and mine on murkanovics pool.

Cheers Wink

Well i expect the fork to be anounced. Not the fork that is in use at http://etoken.pool.digiraha.ee. It still have the old block rewards etc. And well it wont be a fair new start.

But i know that was point 3) forking from the original forkblock at 42218. Seems oke. Mining now is wasting power ;-)

It doesn't have to be a waste. If the community agrees and diff drops in 3 blocks on my chain, I may suspend the pool for the time being and we can continue from 42218+24. There are many options, please keep your criticism constructive. Smiley

So only 24 block are mined at your pool since the fork? 24 coins? Am i right?
Activity: 154
Once again to sum it up for everyone because I think a lot of people are going nuts right now Cheesy
  • Murkanovics pool at http://etoken.pool.digiraha.ee/ is a fork with a client without the difficulty bug at the block where the initial fork from OPs client happened as well
  • We need to get this coin alive again, so i suggest we start mining on that pool right away to get this mess up under control

We can still discuss further whether we want to change the client at a later point in order to
c) get rid of the gamble-reward blocks at 1000/10000 (I personally never liked them)

For now we need to stay calm and get mining going again, a coins value rises with the trust and security it offers - we need to reestablish that and we are not doing it by going all crazy and creating thousands of new topics where everybody is doing what he wants.

If you agree with me and think this is the right way to do it, go ahead and mine on murkanovics pool.

Cheers Wink

Well i expect the fork to be anounced. Not the fork that is in use at http://etoken.pool.digiraha.ee. It still have the old block rewards etc. And well it wont be a fair new start.

But i know that was point 3) forking from the original forkblock at 42218. Seems oke. Mining now is wasting power ;-)

It doesn't have to be a waste. If the community agrees and diff drops in 3 blocks on my chain, I may suspend the pool for the time being and we can continue from 42218+24. There are many options, please keep your criticism constructive. Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

and lets not forget if he comes back he will claim the coin back and none will care about yours forks

He cant when other clients are used and have more hashrate ...

people will divide then. Some will stay with him, some with digiraha pool and guys. Then the coin will be destinied to die.
we should wait for the dev guys. Dont be so fast. wait for him till this weekend.
but why they are silent and do not say anything at all  Huh

dev owns a lot of coins he wont let them go just like that

so be patience

Well that may be true. On the otherhand. There should be a team (i remember that he told us e-token was a team of developers and bussines men). That we should trust the bank because they had great plans.

But it seems there is only one dev. Who owns 100.000 + etokens. Was online after the fork several times that day. Did not react on the forum. But even worse he (or someone of the team/ if there was one) never did damage control. We had to email coinedup our selfs after we noticed they where on the new wallet.

So i can be loyal. But i am not that naieve.

he said he had plans of the coin, he even made a exchange website. he invested money, bought permanent nodes, bought servers, was developing a etoken exchange (something that no other coin has done). I am pretty sure there were more than 1 person. one person cant do that all.

Let's wait for them. I think mogui has some personal problems which are not letting him focus on etoken. Different things can happen in life. We should wait.

I agree to that. I am very suprised myself. And i did/do like the guy. He was loyal to me.

But even if he has personal problems. What prevent him from comming online ( i can totaly imagen that. There are more important things in life that money. Let alone cryptocoins). But where is the team? I have difficulty trusting in it again when basic information is not vallid.

and unlike some people saying maybe he could not handle the code of the coin, or was hard for him. I disagree. He was a well coder, he did implement things that were not copy paste. and he did fork the chain, which is difficult. It was bugged. and he has not come to this thread since ( I believe). I will wait for him.

Cheers Wink

It is of course not permanent and we may still discuss the future block rewards and changes that may be added in the future with a new client. However, this is a chance to get a coordinated mining again with a working eToken client for now. Without mining with a working client, this coin is dead and trust is lost with every day. By getting mining going again while we discuss the future of the coin, we establish stability which is just not present now (In fact we are discussing the same shit over and over again since about 30 pages without solutions while there actually IS a working pool for a fork without a bug).

Even if OP returns from exile (which I doubt by now) we could still work together with him again from that fork.

Again: The coin is dead right now - no client, no pools, no mining, no wallet. This has to be changed ASAP and the only option right now is to mine at murkanovics pool ( http://etoken.pool.digiraha.ee/ ).

Just my 2 satoshis,
I am mining there with everything I have to get this thing going again.

If thats the case. Let make the definitve fork. Implement it now on his pool and go on. But that would be almost as messy. Altough i get your idea.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

and lets not forget if he comes back he will claim the coin back and none will care about yours forks

He cant when other clients are used and have more hashrate ...
we should wait for the dev guys. Dont be so fast. wait for him till this weekend.

so be patience

Well that may be true. On the otherhand. There should be a team (i remember that he told us e-token was a team of developers and bussines men). That we should trust the bank because they had great plans.

But it seems there is only one dev. Who owns 100.000 + etokens. Was online after the fork several times that day. Did not react on the forum. But even worse he (or someone of the team/ if there was one) never did damage control. We had to email coinedup our selfs after we noticed they where on the new wallet.

he said he had plans of the coin, he even made a exchange website. he invested money, bought permanent nodes, bought servers, was developing a etoken exchange (something that no other coin has done). I am pretty sure there were more than 1 person. one person cant do that all.

Let's wait for them. I think mogui has some personal problems which are not letting him focus on etoken. Different things can happen in life. We should wait.

I agree to that. I am very suprised myself. And i did/do like the guy. He was loyal to me.

But even if he has personal problems. What prevent him from comming online ( i can totaly imagen that. There are more important things in life that money. Let alone cryptocoins). But where is the team? I have difficulty trusting in it again when basic information is not vallid.

Cheers Wink

It is of course not permanent and we may still discuss the future block rewards and changes that may be added in the future with a new client. However, this is a chance to get a coordinated mining again with a working eToken client for now. Without mining with a working client, this coin is dead and trust is lost with every day. By getting mining going again while we discuss the future of the coin, we establish stability which is just not present now (In fact we are discussing the same shit over and over again since about 30 pages without solutions while there actually IS a working pool for a fork without a bug).

Even if OP returns from exile (which I doubt by now) we could still work together with him again from that fork.

Again: The coin is dead right now - no client, no pools, no mining, no wallet. This has to be changed ASAP and the only option right now is to mine at murkanovics pool ( http://etoken.pool.digiraha.ee/ ).

Just my 2 satoshis,
I am mining there with everything I have to get this thing going again.
Activity: 140

so be patience

so be patience

Cheers Wink

so be patience

Cheers Wink
Activity: 140
but why they are silent and do not say anything at all  Huh

so be patience

edit: if the dev comes back in the weekend the coin will die for sure as it will be two threads for this coin and the dev will probably have a different fork from you and its game over
You can fork this coin now, but you couldn't support it and promote! Several people on "new" fork will start instamine soon. This will be the last bullet into the eToken. If you gonna fork this coin this way, you will lose main reason of it - TRUST. You waited so long and wanna crush it now...

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Murkanovics pool is just using a source with the corrected difficulty, nothing else ...
Pages:
Jump to: