Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 273. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Is Expanse still alive. It has been 5 days since the last reply in this thread, and nothing new. Bitcoin's price is rising up fast, and so as most alt coins, but Expanse is still around the same price or probably even cheaper. Are my hopes lost?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Yesterday we held an live AMA (ask me anything) session with Dan Conway, Chris Franko and James Clayton from the Expanse team on Jumbucks Slack.

Here is a link to the full transcript http://pastebin.com/5q5eHTKJ

Sign up to Jumbucks Slack to be a part of a growing community of over 300 crypto enthusiasts and Jumbucks fans!

Follow @getjumbucks on Twitter for all the latest news and announcements!

Thanks for having us it was fun
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
It varies a bit, right now the main ETH pool I have used in the past is having some issue so I can't check the exact comparison. Mining the most profitable coins and then selling to BTC, or buying something like EXP with it is technically the best strategy.

So you equalize (future) BTC value to "something like EXP value". Sounds legit.

No one knows the future price of btc or any crypto for that matter. A couple years ago, when asked, all the "bitcoin experts" were high on hopium and spouting prices like $100k per coin! Here we are today happy about $300 a coin. With that being said, I remember buying them at $0.25 a piece and have the alpaca socks to prove it. If someone is an exp community member they might just want to mine other coins to buy exp.

This was in response to someone that was interested in acquiring EXP from mining. What I was explaining is that they can either mine it directly, or mine something else and sell that and then buy EXP with it.

I personally hold EXP I mine as I think that might work out well in the future. Does that mean EXP will be some crazy high price? Not necessarily, working out well can be perhaps +20%, it can be +200% or more, that is unknown. There are never any guarantees for prices, and I never made any, but generally I think it is fairly safe mining EXP with a few cards as there isn't much risk that way.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
It varies a bit, right now the main ETH pool I have used in the past is having some issue so I can't check the exact comparison. Mining the most profitable coins and then selling to BTC, or buying something like EXP with it is technically the best strategy.

No one knows the future price of btc or any crypto for that matter. A couple years ago, when asked, all the "bitcoin experts" were high on hopium and spouting prices like $100k per coin! Here we are today happy about $300 a coin. With that being said, I remember buying them at $0.25 a piece and have the alpaca socks to prove it. If someone is an exp community member they might just want to mine other coins to buy exp.
legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Activity: 291
Merit: 106
Founder #Zerozed $x0z
Recently started mining Eth and now Exp and I have to say this website is pure sex; whoever made it. Cheesy

http://stats.expanse.tech/

<3

You should see the wallet... mmmmmm GUI..... http://forum.expanse.tech/topic/2/gui-wallet-developer-preview
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Recently started mining Eth and now Exp and I have to say this website is pure sex; whoever made it. Cheesy

http://stats.expanse.tech/

<3
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
I have now heard of this coin. How much EXP  I can mine for the day with a 1 x ATI 7970 and what is it hash ? Which graphics card is the best for mine EXP?

Hmm, maybe 30 a day? Depends how many are mining. I usually get about 125 or so a day with 4 280x cards. This varies of course, but I think this is a good time for hobbyist miners to gather coins and hold. Very little risk with just a card or two.

Is that more profitable to mine EXP than ETH. if it is, then you can mine ETH and sell for EXP. Of course when you are mining EXP, you are supporting the EXP network.

It varies a bit, right now the main ETH pool I have used in the past is having some issue so I can't check the exact comparison. Mining the most profitable coins and then selling to BTC, or buying something like EXP with it is technically the best strategy. For hobbyist miners that don't have a lot of time switching around, like myself often times, it can also work out to just mine something with development like EXP and wait. There is little risk since most of us only have a few cards, and if it rises later then that can pay off well.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

If this coin wants to be taken seriously as not a scam, there needs to be a page showing all premined coin transactions with a description of it's use and the voting results.

When the DAO is up, thats pretty much exactly how it will work.

Users will create spending propositions, and in the proposition it will have

- unique_id
- title
- description
- cost
- receiver_address
- voting_status

And in the wallet gui one will be able to read through all the spending props, if they passed or failed and who got what exp when.

This sounds perfect. I'm confused why ETH didn't have this. It's almost like they actually kind of suck. This coin could take over as the #1 Ethereum code based coin.

Activity: 462
I have now heard of this coin. How much EXP  I can mine for the day with a 1 x ATI 7970 and what is it hash ? Which graphics card is the best for mine EXP?

Hmm, maybe 30 a day? Depends how many are mining. I usually get about 125 or so a day with 4 280x cards. This varies of course, but I think this is a good time for hobbyist miners to gather coins and hold. Very little risk with just a card or two.

Is that more profitable to mine EXP than ETH. if it is, then you can mine ETH and sell for EXP. Of course when you are mining EXP, you are supporting the EXP network.
legendary
Franko is Freedom

If this coin wants to be taken seriously as not a scam, there needs to be a page showing all premined coin transactions with a description of it's use and the voting results.

When the DAO is up, thats pretty much exactly how it will work.

Users will create spending propositions, and in the proposition it will have

- unique_id
- title
- description
- cost
- receiver_address
- voting_status

And in the wallet gui one will be able to read through all the spending props, if they passed or failed and who got what exp when.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

You raise an extremely important point. I'll get onto this and sort something out. Thank you for the advice!

http://forum.expanse.tech/topic/11/can-we-grow-our-user-base-5-per-week

Well my first thought is transparency.. Not just any transparency.. Transparency for the non technical..

I think a really good idea would be to have something on the website that shows when and where what funds are going to what and why.

With a bit of code.. Maybe a DAPP? this could be automated. Or in the meantime could have something on the forum here that is updated manually and linked to from the website.

I'll gladly take on this role for the time been but ultimately, an auto updating section on the website would be the best way to go I think.

I made some responses there, but I think a simple report could suffice in the meantime. No reason we can't have a detailed report so people can feel safer about EXP. Nothing to hide here, so this would be a positive to report and share. (compares well to the other options)
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com

There are no voting results yet as the DAO is still being built. The team has 10% of the reserve for development to be used over a year, 90% is for the DAO and is totally untouched. We talked about this quite a bit and it is in the OP, but I agree the distribution of every coin should be made clear to those not following closely. About 50k of it that was used, and we paid a bounty for the logo. Franko managed this and I did none of it myself, I have never even seen an EXP I didn't mine with my 4 GPUs, other than 1-2 sent as tests.

I agree 100% that everything like this needs to be totally transparent. We will even have Dapps about this in time, but what is certain is that only the smallest amount has been used, but yes, I think more than just having addresses would be great. I don't really think it is anyone's business what some 3rd party dev, or any dev, does with some bounty after they are paid, but it is everyone's business who is paid what and when.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Great looking forum from expanse team Smiley
http://forum.expanse.tech/

The forum looks very professional, I like the way how it looks. Can't wait for it to be filled with new threads and announcements, as this will make the community grow. I'm glad to see Expanse moving forward despite the fact that the price has gone really low. Still I think it is the perfect time to buy.  Smiley
Activity: 291
Merit: 106
Founder #Zerozed $x0z

You raise an extremely important point. I'll get onto this and sort something out. Thank you for the advice!

http://forum.expanse.tech/topic/11/can-we-grow-our-user-base-5-per-week

Well my first thought is transparency.. Not just any transparency.. Transparency for the non technical..

I think a really good idea would be to have something on the website that shows when and where what funds are going to what and why.

With a bit of code.. Maybe a DAPP? this could be automated. Or in the meantime could have something on the forum here that is updated manually and linked to from the website.

I'll gladly take on this role for the time been but ultimately, an auto updating section on the website would be the best way to go I think.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

legendary
Franko is Freedom

Yea, looks awesome.

Unfortunately no thread/post/data yet here.

So what are you waiting for? Go contribute Tongue
Activity: 414

Yea, looks awesome.

Unfortunately no thread/post/data yet here.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Jump to: