Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 10. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
EXTREMECOIN EXC P2POOL
HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V1.5

IF YOU MINE EXC ON OTHER POOLS THAT HAVE NOT UPDATED TO
THE MANDATORY v1.5 WALLET, YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME!
AND YOUR COINS ARE NOT GOOD AFTER BLOCK 31860 !!!!!!

THE EXC P2POOL IS UP TO DATE, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY!  Smiley

P2POOLS PAY BETTER THAN SIGN-UP MINING POOLS

P2POOLS CANNOT RECEIVE NOT HOLD YOUR COINS!!!

P2POOLS PAYOUTS MINERS EVERY TIME POOL FINDS A BLOCK! NO MINIMUM # of COINS TO GET PAYOUTS!

NO SIGN-UPS, LOG-INs, ETC, ETC....

ANYONE CAN USE P2POOLS !!!

Just use your EXC WALLET ADDRESS as your miner's USERNAME
and PASSWORD can be anything EXCEPT for blank!

Check out the EXC v1.5 P2POOL Here ---> p2pool.neocities.org

if you mined past block 31860 before updating, you MUST
delete the old blockchain data & resync to the correct chain!!!!!

just updating the wallet to v1.5 is not enough.

you are on the WRONG blockchain!!!!

their block explorer say 31860 is the current last block#

http://exc-blocks.pw/

the block explorer says 31860 is the current block#

For linux users:

(1) Extremecoind stop

i also had to kill the Extremecoind process with the system monitor

(2)  You need to go to the ~/.Extremecoin folder

DELETE THE OLD BLOCKCHAIN FILES....

*****  DO NOT DELETE YOUR WALLET.DAT !!!!!!!!!  *******

ALSO,      edit your Extremecoin.conf file and add this to it:

addnode=31.193.130.77

(3) Start the EXC wallet and let it sync to the new blockchain

(4) use the command :     Extremecoind getinfo
     in a terminal to periodically check the # of blocks you are synced to.

hope that helps some folks.....

Then come mine on the P2POOL ---> p2pool.neocities.org
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
There seems to be a problem.! I'm all upto date, sent coins to CoinEx got confirmation that that EXC was in-coming went out for dinner came back expecting coins to be on the exchange but they are not. that was 5 hours ago!!! without fail; everyday I have problems either with Wallets, coins, exchanges I'm tired of opening support tickets and sending emails. why can't anyone get this shit right.?

Difficulty gone up sky high, coins not getting transferred what next. I thought V1.5 was going to sort this out.?

5 Hours and deposit still pending at CoinEx - Never happened before the update.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

I am not having a go at this coin in particular, just really frustrated with it all, Spent thousands of pounds on mining rigs, electricity costs, time spent maintaining and learning.
Yet I can't get my coins out or sent sometimes for day or weeks if it's cryptsy. sorry for the rant. please fix this.

happy Valentines day to everyone.

the diff of exc has to average out. we unfortunately were throwing 500 mhash at this coin as it has low diff after client upgrade and now diff has to adjust. when more miners are mining this coin and upgraded to 1.5 i think KGW will work well...
Activity: 140
EXTREMECOIN EXC P2POOL
HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V1.5

IF YOU MINE EXC ON OTHER POOLS THAT HAVE NOT UPDATED TO
THE MANDATORY v1.5 WALLET, YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME!
AND YOUR COINS ARE NOT GOOD AFTER BLOCK 31860 !!!!!!

THE EXC P2POOL IS UP TO DATE, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY!  Smiley

P2POOLS PAY BETTER THAN SIGN-UP MINING POOLS

P2POOLS CANNOT RECEIVE NOT HOLD YOUR COINS!!!

P2POOLS PAYOUTS MINERS EVERY TIME POOL FINDS A BLOCK! NO MINIMUM # of COINS TO GET PAYOUTS!

NO SIGN-UPS, LOG-INs, ETC, ETC....

ANYONE CAN USE P2POOLS !!!

Just use your EXC WALLET ADDRESS as your miner's USERNAME
and PASSWORD can be anything EXCEPT for blank!

Check out the EXC v1.5 P2POOL Here ---> p2pool.neocities.org

Activity: 182
There seems to be a problem.! I'm all upto date, sent coins to CoinEx got confirmation that that EXC was in-coming went out for dinner came back expecting coins to be on the exchange but they are not. that was 5 hours ago!!! without fail; everyday I have problems either with Wallets, coins, exchanges I'm tired of opening support tickets and sending emails. why can't anyone get this shit right.?

Difficulty gone up sky high, coins not getting transferred what next. I thought V1.5 was going to sort this out.?

5 Hours and deposit still pending at CoinEx - Never happened before the update.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

I am not having a go at this coin in particular, just really frustrated with it all, Spent thousands of pounds on mining rigs, electricity costs, time spent maintaining and learning.
Yet I can't get my coins out or sent sometimes for day or weeks if it's cryptsy. sorry for the rant. please fix this.

happy Valentines day to everyone.
Activity: 238
Block explorer is now updated to version 1.5
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
is there a block explorer that is working?

CoinEX updated to new 1.5 client and waiting for fork...

http://exc-blocks.pw

The owner of that explorer is working on it now to get it updated to the new version.

Thanks for updating so quickly, your response to updates has always be spot on.
is there a block explorer that is working?

CoinEX updated to new 1.5 client and waiting for fork...
Here is the Windows Version 1.5 New link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xesvxid9mku1qzo/Extremecoin_V_1.5.rar

Here is the link to the source code : https://github.com/CaptChadd/Extremecoin

Urgent / Mandatory

At block 31800 the Kimoto Gravity Well difficulty adjustment algorithm will kick in, due to the unstable block times of version 1.4 this is probably going to happen in the next few hours.

All services that use the Extremecoin client MUST update to Version 1.5 before block 31800, if you do not, then any blocks you do mine with any version other than 1.5 will not be valid.

Version 1.5 of the Extremecoin client is the ONLY client to be used from block 31800, all other clients at this point will be outdated and will no longer work.

Thanks.
I have sorted the issue.

I will be changing the source code to have the KGW to take effect at block 31800, this will give everyone some time to upgrade to the new version 1.5

This is a mandatory upgrade, once we reach this block, all clients other than Version 1.5 will no longer be able to mine.

I will post a link to the new Version 1.5 Windows client in the next 30 minutes, aswell as update the source code and the website links.

Thanks.
CoinEX updated to 1.5, but we are not sure when to open the pool...

Hi there,

Would you be able to hold off opening the pool until I can get the client to be labeled as Version 1.5

The main reason is that if it stays how it is, this is going to cause so much confusion having Version 1.5 reading out as Version 1.3  Shocked

At the moment the seednode is back to version 1.4.
CoinEX updated to 1.5, but we are not sure when to open the pool...
Morning Capt
I've been having issues trying to get the new Qt to sync, it's been running all night still not syncing, there is a lack of connections I think.
I am using Addnode=31.193.130.77 in my .Conf

At the moment I am working on the seednode and the new Version 1.5 to get it working.

I need the client to be labeled Version 1.5 but for some reason it keep compiling with Version 1.3.

For now I will have to run Version 1.4 on the seednode so users can still at least get blocks and not have transactions stuck.

So if I run 1.4 for now it should all be good? keep up the good work. fully behind this coin.
Morning Capt
I've been having issues trying to get the new Qt to sync, it's been running all night still not syncing, there is a lack of connections I think.

At the moment I am working on the seednode and the new Version 1.5 to get it working.

I need the client to be labeled Version 1.5 but for some reason it keep compiling with Version 1.3.

For now I will have to run Version 1.4 on the seednode so users can still at least get blocks and not have transactions stuck.
Morning Capt

Everyone,

I have gotten up this morning to get Version 1.5 to actually show version 1.5 and not randomly version 1.3, the code and KGW is still added and has been working perfectly while it was being tested.

For the next half an hour I have removed the Windows client link and I ask for user not to compile using the current source code until I have made a few adjustments to get the version numbering correct.

Once this is done, I will add a fresh Windows 1.5 compile link here and on the website and this will be the ONLY version of Extremecoin to use, if you mine with any either versions, your coin will eventually become invalid and you will lose them.

Version 1.5 will be using the KGW algorithm bringing Extremecoin upto date with other current and modern coins.

Thank you for your patience, I am working hard on it right now.
That is strange, it is almost like your client is not getting any work to mine on.

Are you using the main seednode?

In order for the Version 1.5 to fork properly, everyone is going to have to use addnode=31.193.130.77

The longer that people continue to use any previous version, the more of their time they waste, as all those coins will become invalid, only Version 1.5 blocks mined will be valid.
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
When solo mining I always get the message "No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:26666", however it still gets accepts and so on.

This is normal and as you say does not cause issues

Pool 0 http://127.0.0.1:26666 not responding!
Waiting for work to be available from pools.

Are you using the following node:

addnode=31.193.130.77

How high is your CPU usage when mining? - If you host a wallet on the same PC as your miner and the PC is being brought to a crawl as a result of cracking blocks then you might well get issues with the wallet not responding. Perhaps try putting the wallet on another PC (on the same LAN)
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
When solo mining I always get the message "No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:26666", however it still gets accepts and so on.

The biggest issue is definately that after a few minutes I get this and it stops mining.

Pool 0 http://127.0.0.1:26666 not responding!
Waiting for work to be available from pools.

Restarting the server then makes it work again, however like this it's impossible to mine...

I'm using the latest source code compiled in ubuntu linux.
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
Crikey that was fast! Good as your word Capt Smiley - downloading now...

+1
Pages:
Jump to: