Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 8. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Well that was quick. Synced to 32699 then died. Even using the connect= lines in a post a few back.

We will try again in 24 hours. If no progress, we'll have to remove the coin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Height: 32699 is the last block available at the time of the post, Some coins require patience, anyway it works well.

If thats the last block available then everyone shut down their wallets, because it hasnt gone past there in 16+ hours.

I'm trying the method just posted about getting past there, if it doesnt work, we're removing Extremecoin from AllCrypt.com as it's obviously dead.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Height: 32699 is the last block available at the time of the post, Some coins require patience, anyway it works well.
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
ok, finally got my wallet to sync  Cool - looks like I had started down the wrong chain and so the wallet got stuck and was unable to complete.

The following is a quick guide to anyone else who is unable to get their wallets to sync: (Use at your own risk - but hey - it worked for me!)

----

0. Close down the EXC wallet

1. Go to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Extremecoin

2. Delete all of the files EXCEPT wallet.dat (!!!DO NOT DELETE THIS ONE!!!) << I'm not kidding - don't.

3. Now the only file you should have left in the Extremecoin directory is the wallet.dat file

4. Create a new extremecoin.conf file in this directoy next to your wallet.dat file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Extremecoin\extremecoin.conf

5. Inside that file place the following text:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=26666
server=1
connect=31.193.130.77
connect=78.251.35.36

6. Once you have done all of this you should have 2 files in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Extremecoin

• wallet.dat
  • extremecoin.conf

(Window users: Make sure the extremecoin.conf is actually named extremecoin.conf and is not hiding a .txt file extension like this: extremecoin.conf.txt << this is wrong!)

7. Run the extremecoin-qt_V_1.5.exe file and the wallet will start re-downloading the EXC blockchain from the correct source (It does not actually take that long!)

8. As long as you did not delete your wallet.dat file in step 2 you balance should build up again until the wallet is up-to-date

-----

IMPORTANT:

This will limit you to downloading the block chain from these two (correct) nodes only:

connect=31.193.130.77
connect=78.251.35.36

You should NOT leave these two lines in the config indefinitely. You need to be able to connect to any/all valid EXC node for the system to work correctly/securely. It will however allow you to sync your client to the current date. (Check Help->Debug window for sync status)
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Can someone please help, my wallet won't complete syncing...I'm stuck at 32699 Sad
I have the 1.5v, removed all files except wallet.dat, and reopened wallet.
Help please.
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
Here is another connected node on the P2Pool network, Slowly but surely becoming your one stop P2Pool destination.

There is no registration required, visit the site http://e-pool.net for mining information.!

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.e-pool.net:8970 -u YourWalletAddress -p password

Feel free to use this mail [email protected] to send a message.

PS: we also have facebook page :  https://www.facebook.com/epoolnet

Happy mining!
Activity: 42

This coin is around for some time, and it is well supported, do you know new exchange that want to support it?

I hope so; I see most of the alternates decreasing; this one is still my best investment.

Whales are not on this coin, anyway we may choose for a short term investment, most new coins are released for this purpose, or long term; I hope extremcoin will be good long term investment. I see now moon, this other coin seem to be quite dead...

I own other coins too. Anyway the rush to new coins, that are for most other premined (42, AuroraCoin...), where we see a huge pump at beginning, and we know what happened after this stage. Good coins are still difficult to find.
Activity: 81

This coin is around for some time, and it is well supported, do you know new exchange that want to support it?

I hope so; I see most of the alternates decreasing; this one is still my best investment.

Whales are not on this coin, anyway we may choose for a short term investment, most new coins are released for this purpose, or long term; I hope extremcoin will be good long term investment. I see now moon, this other coin seem to be quite dead...

Activity: 83

One of the best alternate released in the last 6 months.

This coin has still a solid value. Some coins are released for a quick pump and dump, other are there to be strong and last forever.

Extremecoin is one of the alternate that will last. That was discussed, lately , the daily cost of this coin is low, we will not see this one sink. Extremecoin is a good investment.

I agree - One of the best alternate out there; We see new coins every day now, how many died? This one is still there, and will increase in popularity.

I've bought some on BTER lately - Great coin +1.

Bter is great exchange and have some support here....

This one is a good long term investment. Some new coins died very quickly... We must choose carefully the right ones...

The interest is still growing; Long term thinking is the key for a good coin.

+1.

A very good coin; I like to mix good alternate that has prove itself; with new ones...  Extremecoin is worth, I've some for some time now. And it continue slowly but always increase.

We have now a huge number of new coins released now, a lot are meaningless... I'm sure to have careful chosen for this one.

Having the best coins in his portfolio is now quite impossible... Anyway there so much useless new coins released... Extremecoin is the one....

Most alternates decrease a lot this one is still solid. Good; A reliable one...

We have too many useless new coins releases, and the Mt GOX issue don't help; A lot of people want to try a new coin for a quick pump and dump, some make money; but most don't... Anyway a coin must have a support on the long term.
Activity: 115

This coin has still a solid value. Some coins are released for a quick pump and dump, other are there to be strong and last forever.

Extremecoin is one of the alternate that will last. That was discussed, lately , the daily cost of this coin is low, we will not see this one sink. Extremecoin is a good investment.

I agree - One of the best alternate out there; We see new coins every day now, how many died? This one is still there, and will increase in popularity.

This one is a good long term investment. Some new coins died very quickly... We must choose carefully the right ones...

+1.

A very good coin; I like to mix good alternate that has prove itself; with new ones...  Extremecoin is worth, I've some for some time now. And it continue slowly but always increase.

We have now a huge number of new coins released now, a lot are meaningless... I'm sure to have careful chosen for this one.

Having the best coins in his portfolio is now quite impossible... Anyway there so much useless new coins released... Extremecoin is the one....

Most alternates decrease a lot this one is still solid. Good; A reliable one...

+1.

+1.

Activity: 104

Activity: 90

Pages:
Jump to: