Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 11. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
Urgent Extremecoin Version 1.5 Kimoto Gravity Well is now released.

Source code can be found on the OP on here and on the EXC website.

Here is the Windows 1.5 client : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xesvxid9mku1qzo/Extremecoin_V_1.5.rar

Many thanks

I am aware that the new 1.5 client for some reason reads as 1.3, this is just a mistype in the QT about form.

I will correct this in the source code now.
To all Extremecoin supporters,

The stale and orphaned blocks that you may be getting are due to the retarget difficulty going too low, too fast.

The reason for this is that version 1.4 was a released quickly client update to get the blockchain moving again, as it got stuck with the difficulty at 512!!

Now that version 1.4 has been out for at least a week and the blocks are being found in a timely manner, it is now time to start implementing version 1.5 of Extremecoin which will add the Kimoto Gravity Well algorithm for difficulty adjustments.

For those who are not aware of KGW, to put in basic terms it adjusts the difficulty after every block, meaning that adjustments are a lot more stable and also gives the coin a certain amount of protection from multiple mining pools.

Multiple Mining Pools are a good way for miners to make slightly more profit but they are not supportive of individual Crypto-Currenies. They can also get coins stuck in high difficulties which is not very fair on a coins supporters / miners that then face having to mine a high difficulty block.

Extremecoin for me has always been about fairness.

Everyone was given two months to mine the 200 EXC blocks before the extreme drop to 1.

I mined this coin the same as everyone else and even had to mine it by myself during some of the higher difficulties it found itself stuck at.

So now I am in the process of making Extremecoin even more fair for its supporters, investors and most of all miners with Kimoto Gravity Well keeping the block difficulty level in proportion to the amount of global hashing power on the network.

To support the release of Version 1.5 I will be updating the website, to include a new look, which I hope most of you will find, crisp, easy to follow and modern.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I love mining this coin, any suggestions on how to minimize the amount of Rejected shares/blocks? I've got fast internet and the RPC port forwarded and no firewall and no internet security preventing any connection. but I'm still getting tons of Rejects.

I assume you are solo mining EXC, is your wallet and miner on the same computer or at least on the same local area network?

Yes to all of the above.
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
I love mining this coin, any suggestions on how to minimize the amount of Rejected shares/blocks? I've got fast internet and the RPC port forwarded and no firewall and no internet security preventing any connection. but I'm still getting tons of Rejects.

I assume you are solo mining EXC, is your wallet and miner on the same computer or at least on the same local area network?
Activity: 182
Version 1.5 is going to be release in the next couple of days, possibly sooner and will have the Kimoto Gravity Well integrated into it.

This will stabilise the difficulty and make it more resistant to multipools.

Good work Capt - looking forward to version 1.5  Smiley
Version 1.5 is going to be release in the next couple of days, possibly sooner and will have the Kimoto Gravity Well integrated into it.

This will stabilise the difficulty and make it more resistant to multipools.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
wonder is this coin is worth mineing now.....
Activity: 154
Activity: 210
LION Devloper, Graphics Designer!
Yes i just found out that :S

21:24:04

listtransactions

21:24:04

[
{
"account" : "",
"category" : "orphan",
"amount" : 1.00000000,
"confirmations" : 0,
"txid" : "5243728c27dd10809dcea64ab4b9025321e0baa36cfbeb6d2214d310b3b9312e",
"time" : 1391995619
},
{
"category" : "orphan",
"amount" : 1.00000000,
"confirmations" : 0,
"txid" : "0066eb4f713148ebb01809462c640d4017aa09d85641125a0231f87ae637b985",
"time" : 1391997025
},
{
"category" : "immature",
"amount" : 0.00148522,
"confirmations" : 1,
"blockhash" : "21150ab8e1144abd2066f2fac65717c0c29e46b78ed2604825b9bfd68483bf82",
"blockindex" : 0,
"txid" : "f1e528acdd30b06fe54c9ea79a26831771b1d00f1813acf644239a780a1a5524",
"time" : 1392052753
}
]
Activity: 238
I started solo mining yesterday, and i think i found tow blocks, but there is a problem ! SEE THE PHOTO

my wallet address should be seen here BUT IT IS NOT! http://exc-blocks.pw/address/PPs7cYcvzX4Nu41F9fPDzWY8AwAKua1KfY

ANY IDEA??

Are you on version 1.4?  In the transaction page what does it show for the blocks are they confirmed?  Sometimes you can find blocks, but they become orphans when the chain does not confirm them, because someone else found the same block just earlier.
Activity: 210
LION Devloper, Graphics Designer!
I started solo mining yesterday, and i think i found tow blocks, but there is a problem ! SEE THE PHOTO

my wallet address should be seen here BUT IT IS NOT! http://exc-blocks.pw/address/PPs7cYcvzX4Nu41F9fPDzWY8AwAKua1KfY

ANY IDEA??
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
Introducing.. 

Here is another connected node on the P2Pool network, Slowly but surely becoming your one stop P2Pool destination.

Currently supporting:

Code:

Extremecoin p2pool.e-pool.net:8970 cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.e-pool.net:8970 -u YourWalletAddress -p password

There is no registration required, visit the site http://e-pool.net for mining information.!

Happy mining!
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

There's a P2Pool launched for Extremecoin at The GoldMine P2Pools: http://p2pool.neocities.org

Happy mining Smiley
Activity: 83
Hi.  You can now vote for Extremecoin on http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
It has only just been added which is why it's low on the list.  You can have up to 10 votes every 24 hour period, and you vote by clicking on the green arrow to the left of the coin name.
How do we get in on this coin and mine it? I don't get this coin, its weird

Your best bet is to solo mine it - as the block reward is now so small I doubt there will be any pools that pop up any time soon. When and if the price exploded this may be a different matter but until then look up how to solo mine a coin and get hashing Smiley

There seems to be a bit of a push to invest in rare coins at the moment. Hopefully some whale will swoop up a nice pile of EXC and get it back in the public eye...
Activity: 115
I still like this coin. A fair one, this is not this case of most of last launched ones. Long life...
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Is there any good pool for that coin? The only one listed on their website seems to be down.

I would be interested in making some of those coins but there is no pool to work with.
Activity: 3
If people are interested in another Pool for this Coin www.SuchPool.pw is taking votes on their irc channel freenode.net #SuchPool .
Activity: 18
How do we get in on this coin and mine it? I don't get this coin, its weird
Pages:
Jump to: