Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 5. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I have moved quiet a bit of my cold storage commodities (Platinum, Gold and Silver) to raise the capital needed to get Extremecoin where it deserves to be.

A coin with a fair launch, two months worth of a 200 block reward, of which I mined like everybody else and then the drop to a 1 coin block reward, the reason being is that only dedicated supporters of EXC and others invested in Extremecoin would mine.

IMO for POW coins, mining should not be for profit but for EXC's network security, that should be a miners main priority, to help secure the coins that they already have.

This is the main reason that I find Auto-profit pools detrimental, this then makes mining just all about making profit and at the same time getting good but smaller coins stuck at high difficulty levels.

You can quote me on this:

"Extremecoin will only be profitable for the dedicated; The individuals who support it and help to secure, protect and expand its goals, in the present and for the future, as only then can we truly make a difference."

All of my focus and my efforts are going to be dedicated to Extremecoin from this point onwards.

The Extremecoin supporter forum will be online in a matter of days so we can all understand the short and long term goals of this long standing Crypto-Currency.

If anyone would like to help support this coin with services then please use the contact form on the website which is almost ready for the theme and content update.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this post.

Extremecoin had a fair launch, now this is a good move.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
I have moved quiet a bit of my cold storage commodities (Platinum, Gold and Silver) to raise the capital needed to get Extremecoin where it deserves to be.

A coin with a fair launch, two months worth of a 200 block reward, of which I mined like everybody else and then the drop to a 1 coin block reward, the reason being is that only dedicated supporters of EXC and others invested in Extremecoin would mine.

IMO for POW coins, mining should not be for profit but for EXC's network security, that should be a miners main priority, to help secure the coins that they already have.

This is the main reason that I find Auto-profit pools detrimental, this then makes mining just all about making profit and at the same time getting good but smaller coins stuck at high difficulty levels.

You can quote me on this:

"Extremecoin will only be profitable for the dedicated; The individuals who support it and help to secure, protect and expand its goals, in the present and for the future, as only then can we truly make a difference."

All of my focus and my efforts are going to be dedicated to Extremecoin from this point onwards.

The Extremecoin supporter forum will be online in a matter of days so we can all understand the short and long term goals of this long standing Crypto-Currency.

If anyone would like to help support this coin with services then please use the contact form on the website which is almost ready for the theme and content update.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this post.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
Thanks for the information CaptChadd, that's good news Smiley

Thanks for the update - A lot of alternates are in a bad shape; Anyway extremecoin is still very strong, and will continue growing and improving over the years.
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
Activity: 86
Thanks for the information CaptChadd, that's good news Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
Hi all,

I am back and working on Version 1.6 to fix the difficulty adjustment.

Then I will be working on the next version with a big and interesting change for the better, hold onto your EXC everyone :-)
Activity: 90
Being distracted by this huge amount of new coins; lead us nowhere. We must stay focused, and extremecoin worth it. The chain is still safe and consistent here.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Took me most of the day but I think I got it moving again.  Check your chains.
Activity: 81
The coin code is fine

No. It's got an incorrectly implement KGW difficulty adjustment algorithm resulting in the network taking days (if at all) to find new blocks. This needs to be the first fix.

This is not an incorrect implementation of the KGW but we have a huge change  in the network hashrate sometimes. Anyway this is nothing that we have known before with feathercoin where the coins was really stick for weeks. Anyway the future coin update will definitely leave this issue behind.

Here we have a fair coin, fully mature, fully exempt of all the scams issues and features that we see all around this year. This coin is trustful and well done.

I'm waiting the new implementation. Any schedule?

I look forward too. I hope everything will be ready soon.
Activity: 90
The coin code is fine

No. It's got an incorrectly implement KGW difficulty adjustment algorithm resulting in the network taking days (if at all) to find new blocks. This needs to be the first fix.

This is not an incorrect implementation of the KGW but we have a huge change  in the network hashrate sometimes. Anyway this is nothing that we have known before with feathercoin where the coins was really stick for weeks. Anyway the future coin update will definitely leave this issue behind.

Here we have a fair coin, fully mature, fully exempt of all the scams issues and features that we see all around this year. This coin is trustful and well done.

I'm waiting the new implementation. Any schedule?
The coin code is fine

Activity: 346
Merit: 255
The coin code is fine

When we see what happened this week; or the thread around Bittrex; a lot of people prefer short term operations than thinking of the consequences of what they are doing.

Good coins have to last. Extremecoin will be a year old next month. This is just the beginning.

We must avoid this absurd strategy where a new coin is launched and so many people go there without thinking. We have here a reliable, fair, and mature coin, and we must increase his value.

The coin code is fine, a lot of people support it; The future is great.
Activity: 83
When we see what happened this week; or the thread around Bittrex; a lot of people prefer short term operations than thinking of the consequences of what they are doing.

Good coins have to last. Extremecoin will be a year old next month. This is just the beginning.

We must avoid this absurd strategy where a new coin is launched and so many people go there without thinking. We have here a reliable, fair, and mature coin, and we must increase his value.

+1

I'd like to say, we have too select a few good alternates and stay focused. This one as previously said, is well mature, well distributed; And as a good coin has to stay at the top of the art.
A coin I like since the beginning. Good move.

+1

There are so many new coins right now. Having a mature coin like extremecoin is a huge advantage!
Activity: 115
I am back now after taking some time away to clear a few things up legally do to with a none Extremecoin issue, of which is now closed.

As for Extremecoin, of which I am very passionate about and by the fact that it is still listed on BTER.com there is still interest in this coin.

My plan for the next 1.6 Version update (The code stress tested on the testnet) will get the difficulty adjustment fixed and get the blockchain moving again.

The next stage will be to set a timetable for Extremecoin to change from a POW crypto to a POS based coin, as a 1 coin block reward under POW alone is not really worth it.

More updates to come in the following weeks as I start work on the coding side.

Thanks.

Extremecoin is already mature; anyway this change will be an important improvement.

Nowadays a lot of new coins are made every week, mostly have no future. A lot of people are mining and selling one, and the next day an other. This behavior has only one effect, that kills all alternates, even the good ones. We must have a long term vision; And support a good coin on the long run. Extremecoin worth the investment.

I utterly agree.

+1

If you need help you are welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: