Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 7. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
A tip from the wallet fixer, should you want to sync EXC. Just use version 1.5 and these nodes:

addnode=212.48.67.126
addnode=101.166.68.218
addnode=31.193.130.77
addnode=192.99.13.126

If that wont work, set them like this while you sync:

connect=212.48.67.126
connect=101.166.68.218
connect=31.193.130.77

Worked / works for me.

PRnrY6mzeYMMnAk7sB5uk7okw3mQCnrG9f
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

It seems like the new EXC website is online...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
it's not dead. I am working on the 1.6 version release to get the chain moving again.
Steps have been taken to get the Extremecoin blockchain moving again. After this the next client update will be inbound.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
Dead?

Yeah, the Dev has cashed out his 10-30 BTC pre-mine and left this to die, nothing to see here, either get a new dev on it
or move on to less shitty coins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
LION Devloper, Graphics Designer!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Extremecoin is obviously abandoned. Removed from AllCrypt.com.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So is block 32945 the most recent block? Should I just reenable the coin and have 6 hour block times?

More like 7 day block times...

32945   2014-03-14 01:52:29

There just isn't enough hashpower on this coin.
So is block 32945 the most recent block? Should I just reenable the coin and have 6 hour block times?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Well that was quick. Synced to 32699 then died. Even using the connect= lines in a post a few back.

We will try again in 24 hours. If no progress, we'll have to remove the coin.

The coin may require a little more hash rate some day, anyway this harmless.

Its not harmless at all! I have users pissed off their deposits and withdrawals don't work because the blockchain never moves.

Thats like the complete opposite of harmless.

I synced everything without any problem in this last version.

Problem is at when the difficulty is pretty high, it is hard to find new block sometimes. At this moment the last block is found before 6 hours and the difficulty is 5.6.

I think possible solution is in one of this: 1) to lower the block reward (below 1, as in Franko) and to shorten the block time so the features of the coin stays effectively the same
2) rearrange the coin similar to either InfiniteCoin or AndroidsToken

Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Well that was quick. Synced to 32699 then died. Even using the connect= lines in a post a few back.

Its not harmless at all! I have users pissed off their deposits and withdrawals don't work because the blockchain never moves.

Moving to POS operation maybe the best answer; we have a good example with blackcoin. Extremecoin has a very good capitalization, we must move forward.

It is not good capitalization at all. It is low and it is falling.

I repeat again, we need to change this bad name of this coin (ticker is very good).

Activity: 346
Merit: 255
Moving to POS operation maybe the best answer; we have a good example with blackcoin. Extremecoin has a very good capitalization, we must move forward.

Actually yea - that's a gr8 idea! - Mining is pretty much over, might as well move to POS and nip the difficulty issue in the bud.
Activity: 115

Stopped the wallet.

Deleted everything but the wallet.dat.

Made a new conf file with connect=31.193.130.77 (so its ALL I connected to)

Started the wallet.

Died at 32758 again.

As an experiement I removed the connect and changed it to addnode. Restarted. Now I have 4 connections.

And have been at 32758 for 35 minutes now.

"version" : 1050000,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 32758,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 6.71355536,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1393908238,
    "keypoolsize" : 97,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
    "errors" : ""

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
Yes I am going to be doing something about it, I am never going to stop supporting or developing this coin.

Version 1.6 is going to be released, which I am working on now, which will improve the KGW code, as the difficulty retarget is too high, add in some checkpoints to protect everyones coins and I am going to have to make it so that everyone is forced to use Version 1.6

I will also be purchasing a second dedicated server to act as another seed node now that we have more EXC users.

The website will also be getting an overhaul, making the look slicker and adding a lot more information / links to help new users get up and running faster.
Activity: 103
First of all, I could be wrong in my guess (as I'm not an expert in crypto) so I apologize if it's really so, but I think there seems to be a problem with the EXC block chain. I have everything added as recommended in my conf file, and the wallet starts and syncs properly but after some minutes it constantly gets stuck like shown on this picture:

If I understand correctly, EXC still has two chains because BTER (?) did not update their fucking wallet and they are on the older and at the same time longer chain while the official chain (CoinEX) is shorter. Am I right?

CaptChadd, don't you think you should finally do something about this? Something like either do the longer chain official or block all the old wallet versions entirely and make everyone update their wallets if they want to use EXC? This situation doesn't do any good to your coin, as I for one am afraid to move any EXC to any exchange because I just can lose my coins during this TX.
Activity: 81
I am going to be adding a second dedicated add node and over this weekend, due to the amount of new clients EXC is getting each day. If AllScrypt.com read this, can you try downloading the block chain again but just use the main seed node and delete the peers file.

If the block count matches the block explorer but still says that it is out of sync that is normal if the current block is taking longer than the target time to be found.

This coin needs more dedicated miners to keep the blocks being found steady, 1 coin per block might not sound like much but at the moment the tread for EXC is that it retains its value even when Bitcoin increases in value and is getting more rare with each passing day so at the moment I feel that Extremecoin could be a good investment coin, I have even bought some EXC to help support growth and as I believe in what I am developing.

Thanks for the support. It maybe wise to increase the lastblock found timeout, anyway this coin is not dumped by multipool like algorithm, and this is by itself a good thing. The hashrate issue may also be circumvent by adding a POS processing stage;blackcoin is a good example with a very low inflation rate, but a doesn't have the history and the long term operation that we have found in Extremecoin. Long life to Extremecoin!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
I am going to be adding a second dedicated add node and over this weekend, due to the amount of new clients EXC is getting each day. If AllScrypt.com read this, can you try downloading the block chain again but just use the main seed node and delete the peers file.

If the block count matches the block explorer but still says that it is out of sync that is normal if the current block is taking longer than the target time to be found.

This coin needs more dedicated miners to keep the blocks being found steady, 1 coin per block might not sound like much but at the moment the tread for EXC is that it retains its value even when Bitcoin increases in value and is getting more rare with each passing day so at the moment I feel that Extremecoin could be a good investment coin, I have even bought some EXC to help support growth and as I believe in what I am developing.
Activity: 81

This coin is around for some time, and it is well supported, do you know new exchange that want to support it?

I hope so; I see most of the alternates decreasing; this one is still my best investment.

+1.

Most coins need patience; and now the market is not easy. Anyway EXC is still solid.
Activity: 115

Pages:
Jump to: