Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features - page 66. (Read 181052 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Fedoracoin by itself is as good as a lot of other coins, better than many. I started to buy a lot of them but two things have put me off.

1) The anonymity feature is hyped a lot but does not seem functional. It sort of looks like the articles pushing fedora on that feature are sort of like infomercials, which brings me to the real problem.

2) Some coins have an authentic community. People like the coins, talk about them etc. But with fedoracoin there seems to be pressure put on people to hype the coin. "You made such and such post so you are eligible for a prize". It's the kind of phony hype you see when a twenty year old gets promoted to a major marketing position.

I'll keep watching fedoracoin and may buy back in if it starts to go in a more mature direction, but for now I'm bailing.

Just my 2 cents trying to offer constructive criticism.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
Dev,
Lets lower the amount of coin supply and go pos this coin is like 2 months away from 1Latoshi and flatlined ...
save it! and let this coin move up in price and popularity ...
500 billion scrypt coins are dying and Doge is proof of that ... lets get with the times!
is an algo change and supply amount an option?
or are you dead set on just remaining the same and facing 1 Latoshi this summer?
I know you don't get paid, so I would never bash you, you work hard for the coin and that warrants a large thank you.
but this coin is far past dead. less than 1% of the cryptocurrency world even acknowledge it anymore.
so either cut the coin supply and go pos or stick a fork in it !!!
Maybe take your hard work and passion and create a new coin that doesn't have 500billion coins and is scrypt!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth
I still like this coin the best out of all the coins out there.
It's good to see that there is still development going on. This sets this coin apart from the pump&dump coins out there.
Now that the next BTC bubble is forming, I also expect a sharp rise in Fedoracoins price in the coming 1-2 months.
The patient people will be greatly rewarded, mark my words. The ones that bought more coins at these ridiculously low prices and the
ones that sticked to this coin from the very beginning.

I bought a huge bunch of Tips when this coin wasn't even listed on cryptsy, and will never dump these coins, NEVER !!!!
Just be patient people, things are going to look excellent in the not too distant future Wink

Welcome home boy Grin
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
As mentioned, others are having this issue as well - what's going on?

Network looks fine right now, but you could be syncing with old clients, that have invalid blocks.
What is the latest block you have?
And what is it's hash?

(Use the Help > Console feature and do getblockcount and getblockhash )

Not getting any block info because it won't connect to the block chain.   

i.e. getblockcount gets me 0

Using wallet version 1.1

If I load the old wallet version (0.60) it starts the sync to the network but will stop @ 9 hours remaining to sync and then just sits there....

Yeah you shouldn't do that, that syncs to an old version of the network with incompatible coins after block 51k

Which nodes have you loaded for the latest wallet version? (Make sure to delete your block database if you're going from 0.6 to >1.0)
Activity: 19
>Not getting any block info because it won't connect to the block chain.  
>i.e. getblockcount gets me 0
>Using wallet version 1.1

How did you install the wallet? We are talking about windows wallet, right?
If I load the old wallet version (0.60) it starts the sync to the network but will stop @ 9 hours remaining to sync and then just sits there....
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Network looks fine right now, but you could be syncing with old clients, that have invalid blocks.
And what is it's hash?

Using wallet version 1.1

And what is it's hash?

Using wallet version 1.1
Activity: 125

And what is it's hash?

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
the coin mixer on this works or not?
Activity: 196
I still like this coin the best out of all the coins out there.
It's good to see that there is still development going on. This sets this coin apart from the pump&dump coins out there.
Now that the next BTC bubble is forming, I also expect a sharp rise in Fedoracoins price in the coming 1-2 months.
The patient people will be greatly rewarded, mark my words. The ones that bought more coins at these ridiculously low prices and the
ones that sticked to this coin from the very beginning.

I bought a huge bunch of Tips when this coin wasn't even listed on cryptsy, and will never dump these coins, NEVER !!!!
Just be patient people, things are going to look excellent in the not too distant future Wink
Activity: 13
no innovation then no future.

Looking forward to a new beginning!
Activity: 120
no innovation then no future.
Having wallet sync problems the last 3 days, not the only one (there's a chain going on about this on Reddit)

I added the nodes, no change. I deleted entire directory under %appdata%, no change. Still says 21 weeks behind, no block source available, it's been sitting there like that for 2 days.

I tried the reindexing bit too - still no go....

Activity: 23
My current Fedora wallet says 1.1.0.0

yet the latest download says 1.0

I confused me  Undecided
If I could sticky a bunch of "wisdom posts" from veteran dialogue here on btctalk, this would be one of them. Spot on...BUT...many investors/traders/holders have not learned this phenomenon yet. Read this post through a few times if this comes off as "news" to you and it will soon resonate.

Have to point out the obvious. I registered just because I thought this was so funny and had to point it out.

The people trash talking fedora are not really sellers, duh. They are trying to drive the price down so they can corner it.

Fedoracoin is the best mainstream anonymous coin, just that innovation alone puts it above most other coins. The fact that the developers are active and the first to come up with ideas like that is significant.

If someone is going to sell they don't badmouth, they sell. It is hilarious that so many people get pulled into selling coins like tips at wholesale prices by sly dogs like these guys, same as people get pulled into buying garbage coins by the same kind of weasels.

People, think for yourselves. Don't be so easily manipulated.

If a coin has real value ignore the game players. And likewise if a coin is garbage don't buy it just because a bunch of crooks say it is golden.

Fedoracoin is an excellent coin. Be calm, don't be conned and think for yourself.

It is funny and sad that people let themselves be gulled so easily.

Your totally right. But let's not point our finger on trolls and haters from around the world. They have their place in the debate, and may be useful to raise up some ideas, and to keep in mind that you have to question yourself and what you do all the time.

And that's what we do (or aim at least) in FedoraCoin's community.

P.S: your post made you eligible to win a Gridseed miner. Thank you and good luck.
Today it's FedoraCoin's half-birthday!

In the name of all the team I would like to thank you all for your support during what is a long time on the altcoin world, but a short time with you!

Activity: 257
If I could sticky a bunch of "wisdom posts" from veteran dialogue here on btctalk, this would be one of them. Spot on...BUT...many investors/traders/holders have not learned this phenomenon yet. Read this post through a few times if this comes off as "news" to you and it will soon resonate.

Have to point out the obvious. I registered just because I thought this was so funny and had to point it out.

The people trash talking fedora are not really sellers, duh. They are trying to drive the price down so they can corner it.

Fedoracoin is the best mainstream anonymous coin, just that innovation alone puts it above most other coins. The fact that the developers are active and the first to come up with ideas like that is significant.

If someone is going to sell they don't badmouth, they sell. It is hilarious that so many people get pulled into selling coins like tips at wholesale prices by sly dogs like these guys, same as people get pulled into buying garbage coins by the same kind of weasels.

People, think for yourselves. Don't be so easily manipulated.

If a coin has real value ignore the game players. And likewise if a coin is garbage don't buy it just because a bunch of crooks say it is golden.

Fedoracoin is an excellent coin. Be calm, don't be conned and think for yourself.

It is funny and sad that people let themselves be gulled so easily.
+1 An excellent and appropriate suggestion.

you should bring fedora on mintpal in the ltc market, not many coins in that market, and tips is one of the few that only trades against ltc. did you try to get in touch with the guys who run the exchange? through voting it'll never gets there, but try to submit to their attention this unique feature of TIPS (high volumes on the ltc market since it only trades there) and they might accept it.
+1
Keep up the good work guys and let us know what experiences people are having with the anonymous mixer services.

no people join this thread,looks i need to sell my coins

I'm not sure that 15000 readers is "No people"

This coin is really an unsung hero.. all the "first anonymous coin" stuff from Darkcoin, when coinjoin has been working on Fedoracoin TiPS since February (at least judging by the historical posts/threads).

I can't agree more with you !

With their recent posts, hunterfall, $dakini and orinoco are eligible to win a Gridseed miner ! Thank you for your support.

TiPS Pool Launched!

-2% Fees. Limited Time Only!

tips.pool.enterprises

Register Now![/center]

Thanks ! You were added to the pools' list !

You put me on there was 2% Fee, it's NEGATIVE 2% fees right now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Correcting it right away !
Pages:
Jump to: