Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 3. (Read 104132 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
August 22, 2014, 12:37:58 PM
Does anyone has an update yet?

I just visited the Litecointalk forum and I saw people talking about an actually "miners page" on the website. Can we access our ASICs already?  If so, great that this isn't announced..

I'm going to read as much posts as possible now to know what's actually going on. This "miners page" is currently (?) offline though.  If someone has a summary of what happend the last two weeks regarding this project, please reply / PM!
Literally nothing has happened. Fib just migrated hosting servers and updated their website. There is ongoing talk of having a meeting on IRC for Jasin to answer questions.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
August 22, 2014, 11:09:50 AM
Does anyone has an update yet?

I just visited the Litecointalk forum and I saw people talking about an actually "miners page" on the website. Can we access our ASICs already?  If so, great that this isn't announced..

I'm going to read as much posts as possible now to know what's actually going on. This "miners page" is currently (?) offline though.  If someone has a summary of what happend the last two weeks regarding this project, please reply / PM!
legendary
July 31, 2014, 02:12:50 PM
Any newer updates yet? I just came back from a holiday. When I bought the Fibonacci ASICs earlier, I though I would be able to atleast control them at this moment, as it's almost the first of August now.

For now, I think we might be happy that we will be able to control the ASICs this year..  In periods as this me (and probably many other buyers) expect clear and daily head-ups and updates from Jasinlee and his team.

You will want to watch the thread in the litecoin forums.
It's not clear, or daily updates, but it's active.....Just messy.

I'm familiar with that topic. However, when you see all of the many new pages after you went from a holiday from about two weeks, it isn't really great to read through all these pages (as I've got more to do now).   However, I've got a PM from Jasinlee. 

I think all we can do is wait. Complaining won't speed up the progess.  Let's hope we will get compensated in MHs even more as soon as the product is finally launched, as it otherwise will be hard to ROI.  Currently, I don't even mind not getting (much) profit, a ROI would be great too. But hey, we all bought these product in order to gain some profit one day right?.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 31, 2014, 05:08:33 AM
Any newer updates yet? I just came back from a holiday. When I bought the Fibonacci ASICs earlier, I though I would be able to atleast control them at this moment, as it's almost the first of August now.

For now, I think we might be happy that we will be able to control the ASICs this year..  In periods as this me (and probably many other buyers) expect clear and daily head-ups and updates from Jasinlee and his team.

You will want to watch the thread in the litecoin forums.
It's not clear, or daily updates, but it's active.....Just messy.
legendary
July 30, 2014, 10:10:27 AM

July 25, 2014, 08:45:20 PM
Link to the other thread post?

The link is at the top of my post on the previous page.
Jasin is keeping us updated at the moment.

Short version: Asics have not completed testing yet, and from my understanding this means they are still on simulators. That could be wrong, but there are no samples yet.

Also, one of the project partners, "Mustache", the web dev, has reportedly hidden/taken or at least has control over the bitcoins  paid for pre order. The litecoin and cache had been put back under jasins control.
 Refunds requests were being delayed and no one knew why until Jasin announced this.
Mustache was the one handling refunds prior.
At the moment, Jasin has sent Sy a pdf showing the Seychelles company registration, says he is getting back in top of refunds requested, tracking down Mustache (he posted the real name) and is supposedly going to give us more info on the current status.

That's a link to the Litecointalk thread not a thread in these forums  "He mentioned this in another thread in these forums, just not here yet it seems"  A difference between these and those I suppose.

Ah, very sorry.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7974580
He briefly mentions firing Mustache, in response to someone mentioning issues on the ltc forums with asic refunds. I noticed he did not update in this thread, but did in the ltc forums.
Figured I would catch anyone up that might be interested Cheesy
Activity: 110
July 25, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

Short version: Asics have not completed testing yet, and from my understanding this means they are still on simulators. That could be wrong, but there are no samples yet.

Also, one of the project partners, "Mustache", the web dev, has reportedly hidden/taken or at least has control over the bitcoins  paid for pre order. The litecoin and cache had been put back under jasins control.
 Refunds requests were being delayed and no one knew why until Jasin announced this.
At the moment, Jasin has sent Sy a pdf showing the Seychelles company registration, says he is getting back in top of refunds requested, tracking down Mustache (he posted the real name) and is supposedly going to give us more info on the current status.

That's a link to the Litecointalk thread not a thread in these forums  "He mentioned this in another thread in these forums, just not here yet it seems"  A difference between these and those I suppose.
July 25, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

Also, one of the project partners, "Mustache", the web dev, has reportedly hidden/taken or at least has control over the bitcoins  paid for pre order. The litecoin and cache had been put back under jasins control.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005
July 25, 2014, 01:53:33 PM

What happened?  How long has it taken?
Activity: 110
July 24, 2014, 05:43:50 PM
July 23, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
legendary
July 16, 2014, 04:55:37 AM
Let's hope that isn't going to be reality. Allthough Jasinlee keeps increasing the hashrate of their products earlier, for example a 10 Mh/s won't be worth much anymore in Q1 of 2015.. It might need to be increased to 100 Mh/s or 250 MH/s.. and that is going to bring problems with it for sure.

Let's all pray for a early delivery.
Activity: 285
July 14, 2014, 04:18:36 PM
I agree, no company would choose to keep tape out a secret. Since Fibonacci has not announced tape out, delivery would be at best sometime in Q4, could be Q1 2015.
Activity: 347
July 14, 2014, 01:34:58 PM
Anyone know whats really going on with Fib? I've been following this thread this Dec of last year, its been quite some time...

To my knowledge, from having worked on numerous VLSI/ASIC projects (and thus knowing the development process and realities of getting from idea to trays of packaged dies on your desk), and from looking at the thread over on litecointalk and jasinlee's comments about where they're at..  I don't believe they have actually finished the design and taped it out for a prototype run yet, which would need to happen before they even know if the design works.  Let alone scheduled production quantities with a fab after verifying the prototype functions and performs as expected, which is generally a long lead-time proposition.

That's my viewpoint from having undertaken scrypt ASIC development late last year.  Only we spun our own ASICs for our own mining operation, not to sell to others.  The oft-repeated "the merchants get rich off the miners backs" analogy is applicable to gold mining in the 1800's.  In the context of cryptocurrency mining, that's just silly.  The ones that actually won are the ones that got there first while difficulty was still nice and low.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
July 13, 2014, 12:01:05 AM
Anyone know whats really going on with Fib? I've been following this thread this Dec of last year, its been quite some time...

I thought they already had all the specs figured out while others were still figuring things out. Zoom passed 7-8 months, and still no news of chips or anything else for that matter... whats the deal? Weren't they supposed to have these great scrypt miners out by Mid-July to early Aug? We're already in Mid-July, and there's no updates on anything. I know there's a litecoin thread, but who can read through hundreds of pages of mostly banter?
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
July 08, 2014, 01:53:49 AM
No updates.
legendary
July 06, 2014, 03:20:21 PM
Can anyone give us an update about this project? Or a summary of the lasts pages of the topic on Litecointalk?

I'm way too busy to checkk that topic over there daily, and most of the posts inside aren't really informative. Mostly from people expressing their view..

I just fastly read through the last pages, but couldn't find any update.. As it's already the sixth of July we should really have more updates by now.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
June 19, 2014, 12:31:45 PM
I wont go posting their names publicly, but they can be found pretty easily for anyone willing to look. They have g+ and linkedin profiles.
Activity: 393
June 19, 2014, 11:27:36 AM
Exchange timeline is not firm, we are ensuring security above all else. That was the first beta test, we are running more even now, partly for performance and partly for further debug.

We will be disclosing a timeline for the ASIC soon, that was what was referenced in that quote.

Hosting via proxy is correct, moustache wrote the base code, other team members took over from there and it is nearly finished.

Can you disclose who the other team members are? 
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
June 16, 2014, 11:48:27 AM
Exchange timeline is not firm, we are ensuring security above all else. That was the first beta test, we are running more even now, partly for performance and partly for further debug.

We will be disclosing a timeline for the ASIC soon, that was what was referenced in that quote.

Hosting via proxy is correct, moustache wrote the base code, other team members took over from there and it is nearly finished.
Pages:
Jump to: