Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc - page 2. (Read 41356 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I like the FLAPPY name  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000
trying out the new wallet update and see if i stake, re-indexing now... shall see how it goes

The flappycoin blockchain hasn't moved for over 50 days.  Good luck.
Activity: 530
Merit: 253
LDOGE aka Litedoge -stakeable 2.0 doge
trying out the new wallet update and see if i stake, re-indexing now... shall see how it goes
Activity: 366
Merit: 260
Did Cryptsy upgraded their wallet? Blockchain explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/ is still using old one.

Crypty never actually responds when they upgrade a wallet. I sent them a request a few weeks ago and they eventually get to it, sometimes.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
As far as the wallets losing their balance, i haven't experienced that with mine, though due to travel my wallet is offline at the moment.

again, 300 mil. are gone... not scary this time, hope you can rise the value of flappy in the next years so i get frightened when it happens Smiley
i did nothing spezial exept enable and disable generate every 30 min. (30min off, 20 seconds on).
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
Did Cryptsy upgraded their wallet? Blockchain explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/ is still using old one.

Since there are so few wallets staking, there's no overlap or competition between wallets to raise the difficulty and stabilize a 1-min block time. There's one last fix that griffith also wants to implement but it requires a hard fork.

As far as the wallets losing their balance, i haven't experienced that with mine, though due to travel my wallet is offline at the moment.

next problem, solved but not funny:

1 week ago all my coins are gone over night (from 2 billion to about 12 million).
i have tried to delete all files exept the wallet -> does not help, no coins.

Solution:
exported all private keys, imported in a new wallet -> all coins are there again.

i dont think you (griffith) can do something about it without big work, but maybe others have this problem too and this is the solution.
when i have two wallets open and both do staking, a new block in generated every 15 seconds (every 30 seconds on both).
many blocks for nothing.

does this get solved by itself (difficulty) or is it a problem in the wallet?
i think 1 block every minute would be good/enough.
Did i miss something? When became Flappycoin and Counterparty asset? Or what does mean "Counterparty fork"?

It means that FlappyCoin will have an asset layer, like Counterparty, or Dogeparty.

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
Did i miss something? When became Flappycoin and Counterparty asset? Or what does mean "Counterparty fork"?
legendary
Activity: 1400
i have a fix so the values wont go negative anymore. also it removed the 50 FLAP per POS block maximum... also the staking is set to true by default. you will NEED to update to the newest version... menlatin will announce the details later

I guess let us know when it is officially available from github
i didnt push it because as soon as you start the wallet you will fork immediately with your first stake. so i need to discuss with menlatin on which block this adjustment will be on if we want to do it at all
Activity: 158
i have a fix so the values wont go negative anymore. also it removed the 50 FLAP per POS block maximum... also the staking is set to true by default. you will NEED to update to the newest version... menlatin will announce the details later

I guess let us know when it is officially available from github
legendary
legendary
you still need a tx to stake. just because you send doesnt mean a block is made. thats not how PoS works. you will just have backed up transactions.

i know but when a new block is generated (lets say in 5 hours) and i did 10 transactions in the mean time - in 3 days i can generate 10 blocks or am i wrong?

ohh i see what you mean. well. if you sent 10 trasnactions...  yes, you should be able to generate 10 blocks off those 10 transactions. but say 1 transaction has 10 inputs, then you will still only get 1 block from that transaction even though it was 10 inputs

Do you know if we need to backup or wallet after every time we stake or not (does the stake works by 'sending' the coins?)?
a stake is just a different kind of transaction, you should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet.dat on an external harddrive or a flashdrive. but you do not need to do this after every stake

also sorry guys. i just got my internet back. it had been out for like 16 hours. really sucked
Activity: 158
Do you know if we need to backup or wallet after every time we stake or not (does the stake works by 'sending' the coins?)?
you still need a tx to stake. just because you send doesnt mean a block is made. thats not how PoS works. you will just have backed up transactions.

i know but when a new block is generated (lets say in 5 hours) and i did 10 transactions in the mean time - in 3 days i can generate 10 blocks or am i wrong?
legendary
to create a steady block-flow, i wrote a tiny script that send coins to a other wallet every 30 minutes.
i will do this 3 days, then at least every halve hour there should be a block generated.

i had this idea this morning, better would have been 3 days ago Smiley

from time to time: sorry for my english Smiley

to create a steady block-flow, i wrote a tiny script that send coins to a other wallet every 30 minutes.
i will do this 3 days, then at least every halve hour there should be a block generated.

i had this idea this morning, better would have been 3 days ago Smiley

from time to time: sorry for my english Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003
https://cryptodatabase.net
Do any of you know of a good way to release coins that seemed to be stuck trying to stake a block that wasn't accepted by the network?  I tried -rescan and that didn't work, at the moment I'm in the processes of re-downloading the blockchain.

You have to wait until someone else stakes and creates new blocks I believe. Mine have been stuck staking for roughly 12 hours now, just waiting on others to stake to free mine.
Pages:
Jump to: