Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees - page 41. (Read 129722 times)

legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Hey guys, SkunkMonkey here, one of the FractalCoin devs. I'm basically the Community Manager for FractalCoin.

It's going to be my job to be more active on this forum and responsive to the community to ensure everyone stays informed, rumors are addressed, and generally work to keep the trolls at bay. We want to be as transparent as possible so that is part of my responsibility.

Bear in mind I am East coast USA, so I won't be replying in the middle of the night... usually.

As to the rumor that one of us has sold our pre-mine, I can unequivocally state that is false. For proof, our three addresses where the funds went will be published as soon as earlz gets into the virtual office.

As others have pointed out, the best place to find us is on our IRC channel.

Are there any other issues you would like addressed today?

Cheers,
SkunkMonkey

PS: Y'all can call me Skunky. No need to be formal, we're all friends here. Smiley

Didn't know you were a dev! So *that's* why rapidhash is running a FRAC pool. Good to see you man. Now I know I made the right decision backing this coin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
i voted for FRAC on Polo.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
I did my vote as well. What's it 1 vote every 24 hours or so?
Activity: 7
Activity: 299
Fractalcoin is now on the Poloniex voting page! Vote for Fractalcoin here: https://poloniex.com/voting

My Vote's in Smiley
Activity: 224

Are you devs dumping the premine?!

Us three founders have been quite busy with the launch and recovering from all of the excitement that comes with it. So, you'll have to forgive us for not communicating more about all of our plans and revealing our direction. We plainly just have had more time-critical issues to deal with. But now things are slowing down a bit from launch and we're finally taking the next steps with Fractalcoin on the long journey to wide-spread public adoption.

Our rough todo list(not in any order) is as follows:

Get a full website in place, to as the one-place to direct new users, with all info there.

Get a promotional video in place

Contact cryptocurrency based news and blog sites with a press release. To tell new people about Fractalcoin

Push to getting added to large exchanges, mintpal, polo, cryptsy, etc. To ensure that everyone can buy Fractalcoins on their favorite exchange.

Community vote thread on reddit, users give feedback to devs, which direction they want coin to go, potential poll thread later using top suggestions.

Maybe a subreddit competition to design a banner/theme for subreddit, to begin building a community there.

Implement new RPC calls for transaction fees, ensuring easy adoption of Fractalcoin's percentage based fee structure.

Push to start getting services using Fractalcoin, such as dice games, stores, hosting, etc.

Add more bounties (not completely decided yet. considering things like merchant/service bounty, mobile wallet, paper wallet generator, etc)

We strive to be as transparent as possible with the direction Fractalcoin is going. We are not going to be adding every fad feature unless it satisfies a clear requirement Fractalcoin users actually need. We are not a flavor of the week coin, we are in it for the long haul and will not rest until Fractalcoin is one of the top 10 cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 34
Fractalcoin is now on the Poloniex voting page! Vote for Fractalcoin here: https://poloniex.com/voting
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Why is price on bittrex continually dropping Huh  It is wired price dropped even after the halving.

IPO miner was on it, its just them dumping

Pretty typical. Seems like a decent time to buy some to hold on to while the price is depressed a bit.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Why is price on bittrex continually dropping Huh  It is wired price dropped even after the halving.

IPO miner was on it, its just them dumping
Activity: 196
Us three founders have been quite busy with the launch and recovering from all of the excitement that comes with it. So, you'll have to forgive us for not communicating more about all of our plans and revealing our direction. We plainly just have had more time-critical issues to deal with. But now things are slowing down a bit from launch and we're finally taking the next steps with Fractalcoin on the long journey to wide-spread public adoption.

Get a full website in place, to as the one-place to direct new users, with all info there.

Contact cryptocurrency based news and blog sites with a press release. To tell new people about Fractalcoin

Push to getting added to large exchanges, mintpal, polo, cryptsy, etc. To ensure that everyone can buy Fractalcoins on their favorite exchange.

Community vote thread on reddit, users give feedback to devs, which direction they want coin to go, potential poll thread later using top suggestions.

Maybe a subreddit competition to design a banner/theme for subreddit, to begin building a community there.

Implement new RPC calls for transaction fees, ensuring easy adoption of Fractalcoin's percentage based fee structure.

Push to start getting services using Fractalcoin, such as dice games, stores, hosting, etc.

Add more bounties (not completely decided yet. considering things like merchant/service bounty, mobile wallet, paper wallet generator, etc)

We strive to be as transparent as possible with the direction Fractalcoin is going. We are not going to be adding every fad feature unless it satisfies a clear requirement Fractalcoin users actually need. We are not a flavor of the week coin, we are in it for the long haul and will not rest until Fractalcoin is one of the top 10 cryptocurrencies.

excellent, this coin will be good in no time
Activity: 12
A lot of people sold cheap to bye Crypt pre-mintpal, but they will  be back with their profits...
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
your to do list could of and should of all been done or started before your launch sir!
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm

Activity: 392
Activity: 186
Hey, just noticed someone accepted FRAC: http://fineart.stanragets.com/, can be a merchant included in the OP.

p.s., that site is really nice, many fractal images.
Tay
Activity: 16
Wow, a Dev online & I like Fractals (although never really understood them, shame), result.

I'm interested in how this pans out...even pointed a few miners at it too Smiley 
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have faith in this coin, great devs, solid coin, interesting tech/distro.. I'm not going anywhere! Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Activity: 41
I have been mining this since it went live - and so far so good.  Wallet is working fine on my Mac, which lots do not.

Generally I do not understand the whole 'halving' of coins over time - and how that is supposed to help, but since it is only a few weeks before PoS, I guess I do not have to learn between now and then.

Glad the prices went down for now, going to supplement my hoard of them for later.

Activity: 328

I am curious where this coin is headed and what the developers' goals are. It's great to have a coin with all the features of this one, but people need a reason to use it.

Devs, are you willing to talk about your ideas yet? Some kind of roadmap would be awesome to build public perception of this coin.

We're working on something like that currently. Since the three of us are each wearing many hats, some things just take a while for us to get around to it due to workload.

We're still a little overwhelmed at how smooth all has gone so far, so we are being careful and making sure we don't inadvertently hurt the coin or community. You can help by trying to find people that are willing to get some of our bounties. We've set aside that coin to help promote and build the coin but we still need to get takers. Help spread the word!

Cheers!
Skunky

Skunky - I'm your man for the promo stuff - I'm sending you a DM now on here with some info, but Promo is pretty much "what I do" on Twitter, and I work with some other big names too.
Pages:
Jump to: