Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 30. (Read 82994 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

I think you don't need to do it because they are powered by USB, but USB hub (if you use) need to be powered.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21486145

It consumes about 5W normally (maybe around 4MH), about 1.5W/MH but it doesn't increase linearly.Please read the thread.

I understand that they can be powered by the hub.  What I was curious about is if I could deliver power externally through a bench top power supply.  Then I don't have to worry about the hub being able to deliver the required power.  So if there are some test points on the board I can deliver power directly to, I would be able to use older hubs I have laying around.  In the picture provided we can see that he has soldered power directly to the +5 and ground pins of the usb connector so I can assume that power is being delivered externally.  I personally would rather deliver or supplement power somewhere else on the pwa/pcb such as repurposing a test point.     
Activity: 9
did you think about making the bfgminer driver coexist with the original moonlanders?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21268132

You mean that you don't want to run 2 instances of bfgminer?
So you want to compile bfgminer with 2 different Moonlander driver?
I don't know whether he is going to provide it.

Refer to this too.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21287033
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Update for you guys!

Got the semi-final production design in and currently going through its rounds of testing. So far everything is checking out and will probably freeze this design for the production board. Pic below so you guys can get an idea of the size and what the final board will look like!

Bottom is the prototype/dev board, middle is the new pre-production design, and top is the old Moonlander 1 for comparison.

did you think about making the bfgminer driver coexist with the original moonlanders?
Activity: 32
Are powering the miner externally?  Is there the possibility that there will be a set of test points on the board we could use to give 5 volts externally?

Update for you guys!

Got the semi-final production design in and currently going through its rounds of testing. So far everything is checking out and will probably freeze this design for the production board. Pic below so you guys can get an idea of the size and what the final board will look like!

Bottom is the prototype/dev board, middle is the new pre-production design, and top is the old Moonlander 1 for comparison.

https://i.imgur.com/7wEUgtN.jpg?1
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Update for you guys!

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Activity: 12
what about connecting a cheap hub directly to the rig's powersupply?

like this ..

http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-an-external-power-supply-to-a-cheap-USB-hub/
Activity: 39
Regarding powered hubs - it seems the only place that has superbpag hubs is Amazon India. That's not going to work for me. eBay doesn't have any listing. I've looked elsewhere for any hub that provides 2A per port with no luck. Any suggestions where I can purchase one?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
As far as the voltage is concerned, I followed jstephanop tuning procedure to the letter.

yep let's see if it's possible in a way to have one moonlander2 run on a pi on full power.

I think there was talk earlier that it wouldn't   that you'd need to get a powered hub,  and a 2A per port hub if you run them at full speed/higher voltage  (with cooling)
Activity: 24
 As far as the voltage is concerned, I followed jstephanop tuning procedure to the letter.

yep let's see if it's possible in a way to have one moonlander2 run on a pi on full power.
Activity: 104
n00bminer, interesting feedback. How can I learn more about these statistics and their relationship to performance? According to this github FAQ entry they suggest leaving everything at default:

Q: What are the best parameters to pass for X pool/hardware/device.
A: Virtually always, the DEFAULT parameters give the best results. Most user
defined settings lead to worse performance.

I'm just interested in learning more about what all the output means.

Thanks!

As far as custom bfgminer, I was talking about the original bfgminer released for v1.2 moonlanders.  jstephanop will post new bfgminer/futurebit drivers when the new units(v2.0) are released.   As far as the voltage is concerned, I followed jstephanop tuning procedure to the letter.
that one with a bunch of HWE is lowering your poolside avg.. you might actually be better if you lowered the speed one notch down.

Thanks!  I had not look at it until I took the screen shot for a couple days.  I lowered it down to 304 last night after the post.
Activity: 39
n00bminer, interesting feedback. How can I learn more about these statistics and their relationship to performance? According to this github FAQ entry they suggest leaving everything at default:

Q: What are the best parameters to pass for X pool/hardware/device.
A: Virtually always, the DEFAULT parameters give the best results. Most user
defined settings lead to worse performance.

I'm just interested in learning more about what all the output means.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
hey cool thanks! I guess i can load up bfgminer too, i saw some pages about it. Now all i gotta figure out is if the raspberry has enough Watts to deliver and has a good usb3 - with power.
By powered USB switch you mean a USB block you install on the raspberry?

This is gonna be a fun project! Cheesy

I currently run 4 moonlanders (3 v1.2, 1 v1.1) on a pi, running minera with the custom bfgminer compiled.  The moonlanders are tweaked to v.95(as high as I wanted to go) running off a superbpag 7 port hub.
You can see them here https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/42227

Where did you get a v1.1?? I made like 5 of those for review units Cheesy

EBAY!  FB0004 =)

that one with a bunch of HWE is lowering your poolside avg.. you might actually be better if you lowered the speed one notch down.
hey cool thanks! I guess i can load up bfgminer too, i saw some pages about it. Now all i gotta figure out is if the raspberry has enough Watts to deliver and has a good usb3 - with power.

I currently run 4 moonlanders (3 v1.2, 1 v1.1) on a pi, running minera with the custom bfgminer compiled.  The moonlanders are tweaked to v.95(as high as I wanted to go) running off a superbpag 7 port hub.

EBAY!  FB0004 =)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400

Activity: 24
I'm pretty new to this, but how would one hook it up to a raspberry pi? I'm currently using BFGminer on my GPU to mine some nyancoins for fun. Ordered the moonlander2 recently from germany.
BFGminer works on the Pi? There's so many pages that 'explain' it but whats the right one to follow?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if this sounds dumb.

hi a raspberry got USB ports - connect a powered USB switch to your Raspberry and there you connect the moonlander 2.

there is mining software for rapsberry!

i am using minera (a graphical interface) on my raspberry to control my current gridseed miner. works like a charm Smiley

Activity: 14
Jesus I wish I hadn't missed the initial release of these, I'd love to pick up a set of 5.
Activity: 281
Merit: 130
Crypto Addicted
I'm pretty new to this, but how would one hook it up to a raspberry pi? I'm currently using BFGminer on my GPU to mine some nyancoins for fun. Ordered the moonlander2 recently from germany.
BFGminer works on the Pi? There's so many pages that 'explain' it but whats the right one to follow?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if this sounds dumb.

hi a raspberry got USB ports - connect a powered USB switch to your Raspberry and there you connect the moonlander 2.

there is mining software for rapsberry!

i am using minera (a graphical interface) on my raspberry to control my current gridseed miner. works like a charm Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: