Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 28. (Read 37307 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Are these going to be another pumper item/scalped?

Its hard for me to rationalize why these would be usable other than the fact they are 1/5th a L3+. So if you cant manage a L3+ at 800-900 watts for $170-250 with PSU(ebay), you can manage a Apollo for $270 with no PSU and 140MH? at 150-200 watts?

The key to the argument would be how well the Apollo overclocks and electric use there after. If you can get like 180-200MH out of them at like 1MH a Watt power usage then it DOES make sense to me. cause then you could undercut the power usage of a L3+

Whats the Max you can push these is the question?
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Dont worry about WIFI... Ethernet connector also available  Grin
You can choose...
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
The CMB Blog article stated that this thing is WIFI enabled.
WIFI is a REAL BAD idea and people need to start getting wise to this.
The so called 5G is a million times worse and all this microwave exposure is essentially wave poison which must be stopped or else horrible consequences are going to follow.
The Human body is not meant to be microwaved.
Activity: 84
Order thread and links are up at : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/batch-3-futurebit-apollo-ltc-official-order-thread-4988526

Pre-Order starts tomorrow at 6PM EST and will most likely run all labor day weekend.

Please use that thread for all order related questions.

I have been getting notifications about this thread but you need to update first post for new readers 👍
Activity: 154
do u know how much fee shipping (tax+ship) to VietNam?
Activity: 207
Merit: 112
Okay, that LTC Pod (Moonlander Cube?) looks way too cool.
What are you up to...  Grin
Activity: 42
Looks like a perfect little box to accumulate digibyte. How loud are they? I could probably plug this in at work and no one would care.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
wow, awesome hardware! and outstanding progression!! moonlanders were the best, this looks like brand new level. congrats!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Order thread and links are up at : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/batch-3-futurebit-apollo-ltc-official-order-thread-4988526

Pre-Order starts tomorrow at 6PM EST and will most likely run all labor day weekend.

Please use that thread for all order related questions.
legendary
You have my attention.
And my BTC.  Grin

I do hope the Apollo has the same satisfying blinkenlights!
Have loved everything about the Moonlander 2 light show I’ve assembled.

Of course, but I don't think anything will be as satisfying as multiple Moonlanders hashing together Wink
Activity: 207
Merit: 112
You have my attention.
And my BTC.  Grin

I do hope the Apollo has the same satisfying blinkenlights!
Have loved everything about the Moonlander 2 light show I’ve assembled.
Activity: 262
Merit: 101
Looks very nice. Maybe i get one of These for fun mining scrypt Wink
legendary
Finally, I don't have to deal with cruddy USB HUBs.

How will you know we are ML2 buyers? I bought mine from AsicPuppy and someone from Asia.

Also, are you considering decentralized pool mining for Apollo miners only? That's what it sounded like you were hinting at... but I could be wrong. p2pool.org for litecoin? a decentralized litecoinpool.org?

Yes, it will mostly start off as a P2P type pool, but will take a look at how to possibly implement truly decentralized smart contract payment around Litecoin Blocks through the Lightning layer or even some protocol changes that would allow this kind of functionality (ie no pool or intermediary at all).
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Finally, I don't have to deal with cruddy USB HUBs.

How will you know we are ML2 buyers? I bought mine from AsicPuppy and someone from Asia.

Also, are you considering decentralized pool mining for Apollo miners only? That's what it sounded like you were hinting at... but I could be wrong. p2pool.org for litecoin? a decentralized litecoinpool.org?
Activity: 37
Will be watching. Cant wait. I bought 20 moonlander2s. They got me into crypto. Great learning tool. Also helps to sharpen research/hodling skills. Believe me with a little wisdom these can pay dividends.

I use them now as a stop gap between hired hash. Dont like inactivity. Will be good to add to/replace with Apollo units.

Will probably have to wait for the next batch as living in England can be costly on imports/charges from US. Bought most of mine from Bitshopper. Germany

Exciting news. Looking forward
legendary
If you support Litecoin and other scrypt based coins, this is currently the most efficient mining option available. Either way like I said in my original post, the value in these is not just profit or ROI. Many people would rather support Litecoin by mining coins and supporting the network than outright buying them. For many this has NEVER been an option because the only mining equipment out there are 1kw+ loud machines designed for large farms.

This is also not for everyone, if you want a quick profit this is not for you (and mining in general is not for people that can't ride the bear markets). This is about distributing hash power to as many people as possible, and get as many new people as possible to mine and be part of the ecosystem. This means low cost, quiet, not power hungry desktop miners...which is what I have tried to build with this project.
Are you selling all these units at a loss as well to "distribute the hash power to as many people as possible"?
Think about it: you are making a profit selling these unprofitable boxes to people and sell them the concept that they're doing something good for the community?

Actually I am selling them at breakeven (so yea at a loss when you consider my time and NRE costs). Regardless, of the current crypto market and the degree of profitability for ASICs and the fact that this is currently the most efficiency scrypt asic, does not change the fact that almost all Litecoin and Bitcoin hashpower is in large farms, with no solution for people that want a fairly powerful low cost and efficient miner that competes with miners from the large companies.

People want and have been asking for a quiet scrypt pod miner since the gridseed days, and just because you don’t see value in this miner does not mean others won’t. You do realize a lot of people mine and hold coins (and these are the people that win in the long term, and this time like every other cycle I’ve been though won’t be any diffrent).

when will you open for preorders?

They will open up this weekend...will have a post up later today with all the details in the marketplace/order thread.
legendary
If you support Litecoin and other scrypt based coins, this is currently the most efficient mining option available. Either way like I said in my original post, the value in these is not just profit or ROI. Many people would rather support Litecoin by mining coins and supporting the network than outright buying them. For many this has NEVER been an option because the only mining equipment out there are 1kw+ loud machines designed for large farms.

This is also not for everyone, if you want a quick profit this is not for you (and mining in general is not for people that can't ride the bear markets). This is about distributing hash power to as many people as possible, and get as many new people as possible to mine and be part of the ecosystem. This means low cost, quiet, not power hungry desktop miners...which is what I have tried to build with this project.
Are you selling all these units at a loss as well to "distribute the hash power to as many people as possible"?
Think about it: you are making a profit selling these unprofitable boxes to people and sell them the concept that they're doing something good for the community?

Actually I am selling them at breakeven (so yea at a loss when you consider my time and NRE costs). Regardless, of the current crypto market and the degree of profitability for ASICs and the fact that this is currently the most efficiency scrypt asic, does not change the fact that almost all Litecoin and Bitcoin hashpower is in large farms, with no solution for people that want a fairly powerful low cost and efficient miner that competes with miners from the large companies.

People want and have been asking for a quiet scrypt pod miner since the gridseed days, and just because you don’t see value in this miner does not mean others won’t. You do realize a lot of people mine and hold coins (and these are the people that win in the long term, and this time like every other cycle I’ve been though won’t be any diffrent).
All props to you, buddy.
I just feel it's a shame these come at a time they do not make sense economically anymore.
Don't confuse me with people that just want a quick buck. So far I haven't exchanged any of my mined coins against fiat this year. Mining for the long-term is all good. But not at loss however.

Well thats the point of these...unless you have over 15 cent power you wont mine at a loss. Anything over 9 cent power is a loss with L3s currently.

And yea the timing sucks, but I'm used to this. I sold my original Moonlanders in 2015 when things were worse than now....if people held the coins since then they would have made alot more than what they were worth...im sure by next year people will be trying to buy these off eBay for 500 bucks Grin
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

All props to you, buddy.
I just feel it's a shame these come at a time they do not make sense economically anymore.
Don't confuse me with people that just want a quick buck. So far I haven't exchanged any of my mined coins against fiat this year. Mining for the long-term is all good. But not at loss however.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'

when will you open for preorders?

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Looks amazing. I will definitely buy some. I have 7 Moonlanders mining 24/7 on my raspberry pi. I will add this to my collection!
Pages:
Jump to: