Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 29. (Read 37307 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'

I live in NJ so these will  run at a profit and give me heat  that is roi plus

every day I run 1 I make 22 cents in coin profit and I get 100 x 4 = 400 btus an hour of heat

Am I missing something here? If the price point is in the $200-300 range, these will NEVER ROI, like not even close. There is no way you can look at these where they make financial sense. Its literally just throwing money away.

This is about home miners. Most of us are Litecoin community miners, others "not greedy" scrypt miners. Look at Bitmain website if you prefer. Buy an L3+  Wink.

fanatic26 is a bitmain supporter  he posts anti troll comments against any  new product superior to bitmans own gear.

So the fact he dropped in to post against this means  he considers it a threat to bitmain and the L3+

It is pretty obvious to the entire community that bitmain no longer makes efficient gear. So the op's gear just got another plus in my book.

@ op  I will up my order or wish list to 15 of them  instead of 10  and buysolar will be wanting 25 instead of 20.

@op feel free to delete this as I don't want to go off topic.

thank you for selling the most efficient ltc miner there is.

for the record I own

moonlander2's

I own bitmain L3+  I shut 8 down I mine 1 at viabtc I kind of gave 1 away

I own a dozen moonlander 2;'s pointed at http://ltc.tbdice.org/users.htm
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
If you support Litecoin and other scrypt based coins, this is currently the most efficient mining option available. Either way like I said in my original post, the value in these is not just profit or ROI. Many people would rather support Litecoin by mining coins and supporting the network than outright buying them. For many this has NEVER been an option because the only mining equipment out there are 1kw+ loud machines designed for large farms.

This is also not for everyone, if you want a quick profit this is not for you (and mining in general is not for people that can't ride the bear markets). This is about distributing hash power to as many people as possible, and get as many new people as possible to mine and be part of the ecosystem. This means low cost, quiet, not power hungry desktop miners...which is what I have tried to build with this project.
Are you selling all these units at a loss as well to "distribute the hash power to as many people as possible"?
Think about it: you are making a profit selling these unprofitable boxes to people and sell them the concept that they're doing something good for the community?

Actually I am selling them at breakeven (so yea at a loss when you consider my time and NRE costs). Regardless, of the current crypto market and the degree of profitability for ASICs and the fact that this is currently the most efficiency scrypt asic, does not change the fact that almost all Litecoin and Bitcoin hashpower is in large farms, with no solution for people that want a fairly powerful low cost and efficient miner that competes with miners from the large companies.

People want and have been asking for a quiet scrypt pod miner since the gridseed days, and just because you don’t see value in this miner does not mean others won’t. You do realize a lot of people mine and hold coins (and these are the people that win in the long term, and this time like every other cycle I’ve been though won’t be any diffrent).
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
But I will be getting them  as they will be good heaters .
This is the only sentence you needed to write! Smiley
legendary
If you support Litecoin and other scrypt based coins, this is currently the most efficient mining option available. Either way like I said in my original post, the value in these is not just profit or ROI. Many people would rather support Litecoin by mining coins and supporting the network than outright buying them. For many this has NEVER been an option because the only mining equipment out there are 1kw+ loud machines designed for large farms.

This is also not for everyone, if you want a quick profit this is not for you (and mining in general is not for people that can't ride the bear markets). This is about distributing hash power to as many people as possible, and get as many new people as possible to mine and be part of the ecosystem. This means low cost, quiet, not power hungry desktop miners...which is what I have tried to build with this project.
Are you selling all these units at a loss as well to "distribute the hash power to as many people as possible"?
Think about it: you are making a profit selling these unprofitable boxes to people and sell them the concept that they're doing something good for the community?

I don't see them as unprofitable.

Why do you?

no piece of gear does  this efficiency not one  this is the most efficient item on the market.

So how is it unprofitable?

The L3+  from bitmain  loses money unless your power cost is under  10 cents

I am using the op's  voltage saving software I get 5 cents  a day  on an l3+ at 470 mh and 700 watts  at 9 cents power

and on this  at 9 cents power  I get   11 cents a day   for 9 cent power

so I spend  209 on an l3+   to earn 5 cents a day   plus add for shipping

or spend 200 on this  to earn  11 cents a day

add a psu  at 100  the L3+  uses almost the whole psu
add a psu at 100 this uses 1/10 of the psu

I used bitcoin wisdom

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

Electricity Price: (USD/kWh) at 9 cents
Hash Rate: (KH/s)                at 100000 for this   and 470000 for L3+

Hardware Power: (Watts)      at 100 for this       and  700 for L3+

LTC/USD:   at 59.556
Block Reward: (LTC)  25   the number was adjusted from 50

So spend  about the same  200 or 209  and the this is  efficient and quiet.   earns more at  9 cents power  up to 13 cent power

plus loses less if you have power at 14 cents or higher

so this makes  more money at  9 to 13 cents power
loses less money at 14 cents or more power

at 8 cents or lower power the L3+  is better it makes 22 cents a day
and this unit makes 14 cents.

So if you want quiet gear  and you have power at 9 cents to 13 cents it earns more then an L3+
If you have 14 cent power it loses less then an L3+

Should you buy 100  maybe not.

But I will be getting them  as they will be good heaters .

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

every day I run 1 I make 22 cents in coin profit and I get 100 x 4 = 400 btus an hour of heat

Am I missing something here? If the price point is in the $200-300 range, these will NEVER ROI, like not even close. There is no way you can look at these where they make financial sense. Its literally just throwing money away.

I agree these are not meant for ROI  i may buy one or two an mine and hold I can still mine scrypt based coins an gets something out of it.Smiley but no ROI

IF anyone mines for ROI you might be better off not mining at all . trading might be your best bet unless your able to invest a lot into mining for ROI because of how ASIC went to far with there greedily ways . .
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Would rather be running 4 of these....music to my ears...not destruction to my ears  Grin plus 54mhs extra
Activity: 96
Merit: 3
This sounds great!  I'll keep an eye on it and will probably buy one at least even though the electrical rates down here suck.

where is down here?

Down here is San Diego County and the electrical rates really do suck, the first tier is over 20Cents per KWHr and the 2nd tier is, ahem, 48 cents per KWHr.

I know it won't make any economic sense but I'd like to learn how to mine in case we get all set up with PV (have a property in the back country with a lot of land and a lot of sun) or if we move to where the rates are a lot cheaper.
Activity: 37
Excellent cant wait to get hold of one or two...i knew there'd be something new up your sleeve The MLD2 is a solid device. Cant wait to see this one in action. Smiley
Activity: 748
Merit: 523

This is about home miners. Most of us are Litecoin community miners, others "not greedy" scrypt miners. Look at Bitmain website if you prefer. Buy an L3+  Wink.
legendary

I live in NJ so these will  run at a profit and give me heat  that is roi plus

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

legendary
Am I missing something?
Scrypt at 140 Mh/s and 200 Watts only profits 9 cents / day
At least that is whattomine.com says.

What is the current profitability of this?

you are using full speed setting which waste power

use low speed settings  100 watts a day = 24 cents a day in power cost for 100 mh  at low speed

vs

48 cents a day  for 140 mh high speed

point it here

http://ltc.tbdice.org/index.htm

and 24 cents spent to get a block

or mine here

https://pool.viabtc.com/pool/ltc/home/

and earn 100 x  Daily Yield: ≈0.0000549 LTC Per MH/s

that is  0.00549 ltc a day for only 24 cents in power (based on 10 cent power)

ltc is now 61.30  so  33.65 cents or 9 cent of profit

and at viabtc you will certainly about 2 doge a day

along with  .16 of cet a day

cet is worth 46 cents
doge is worth 3 cents

so add 6 cents and 7 cents  that is 13 cents  so 13 + 9 = 22 cents a day  over power cost not 9 cents as you say.

gear is quiet
gear gives heat

I could use 10 of these maybe more.

Buysolar my solar array partner will want 20 of them
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
Awesome News jstefanop   will take one for sure if possible !  

Just have a few Monlanders2 from the beginn and they working Beasts and running now as i have got it , guess this one will be one too  !   

Nice Work

Grin   Grin   Grin
Activity: 84
Definitely ordering a couple of these to replace my ML2s
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Of course, I will buy a couple  Grin

By the way, all my MLD2 (4) working WITHOUT any problem now for 8 months at 4,05 MH/s. Conected to rig mobo USB ports (2 MLD2 per rig): no hubs...
Activity: 87
Merit: 3
Woot Woot! Awesome news @jstefanop. Always excited to see your projects.
legendary
I'm guessing I'd need to buy this its own PSU? I was hoping I could just hook it up to my computer but it doesn't seem to be possible ;/

You can plug it in directly to a spare PCIE plug from your existing computer PSU. As long as you have a spare 100-200 watts (same as a typical GPU) you should be fine.

I might try and source (or maybe build my own) ~250W stand alone 12v power supply for it for those that want to only run one, but usually low power PSUs are not that great of a quality and have horrible efficiencies. If you already have a computer running or low power server PSU your way better off running it with those though.
Activity: 346
Merit: 260
Great news, looking to get one asap to test and play with!
Activity: 1
I'm guessing I'd need to buy this its own PSU? I was hoping I could just hook it up to my computer but it doesn't seem to be possible ;/
Pages:
Jump to: