Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly - page 16. (Read 56798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
HaoBTC is a wallet first and an investment vehicle second.
Interesting to see it that way now, when I started here and interest was 9% on the regular "wallet" account I think HaoBTC was viewed much more as an investment vehicle.  My unused coin will stay here as long as interest is paid, hopefully some day my balance will be >10BTC so I can get out of the 2% bracket, until then I'm happy to be earning something.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

Lol you do realize .25% means if I put in 1 btc I would earn in one month .25 btc right..

Icon

Might wanna take a look at your math again there bud
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
> i have read the FAQ section in the site, but i have to confirm some things:
- do you charge fees over btc withdraw/deposit and cny deposit? and even for smallers bitcoins withdraws/send btc to another wallet?

BTC withdrawal:
For amount less than 1BTC, a fixed fee of 0.001BTC;
for amount larger than (including) 1BTC, no fee;
Transactions between two HaoBTC accounts are free.
CNY deposit:
Free

>  is there a minimum amount to send to another wallets?
No.

> if i put coins in the wallet, and withdraw it in 30 days, the interest will be 0.25%?
Yes.

Lol you do realize .25% means if I put in 1 btc I would earn in one month .25 btc right..

Icon
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
> i have read the FAQ section in the site, but i have to confirm some things:
- do you charge fees over btc withdraw/deposit and cny deposit? and even for smallers bitcoins withdraws/send btc to another wallet?

BTC withdrawal:
For amount less than 1BTC, a fixed fee of 0.001BTC;
for amount larger than (including) 1BTC, no fee;
Transactions between two HaoBTC accounts are free.
CNY deposit:
Free

>  is there a minimum amount to send to another wallets?
No.

> if i put coins in the wallet, and withdraw it in 30 days, the interest will be 0.25%?
Yes.
Activity: 429
Merit: 259
i have read the FAQ section in the site, but i have to confirm some things:
- is there a minimum amount to send to another wallets?
- if i put coins in the wallet, and withdraw it in 30 days, the interest will be 0.25%?

Thank you.
2% interest is not good enough to attract normal investors, comparing with the associated risk level. There are many investments in crypto world, which yield more than 5% yearly.

could you kindly show me what are this kind of investment that yeld more than 5% yearly? I'm interested but i think that the risk level is high

MoneyPot is up +4% in 2 months. May be a bit biased though, :p.

how can i eventually invest in it?

It should be just as easy as using any web wallets such as Coinbase. Register and make a deposit; sit back and wait for your first interest payment to arrive.
2% interest is not good enough to attract normal investors, comparing with the associated risk level. There are many investments in crypto world, which yield more than 5% yearly.

HaoBTC is a wallet first and an investment vehicle second. We mine BTC not only cuz it is profitable, also because hashing power is voting power in the world of Bitcoin. If you are looking for a high-risk, high-yielding investment, HaoBTC may not be what you are after.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253

could you kindly show me what are this kind of investment that yeld more than 5% yearly? I'm interested but i think that the risk level is high

how can i eventually invest in it?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Wallet interest rate and Finance interest rate are two different things.
If the wallet interest rate is not significant Finance rate will still very ok. But you have to invest more than 10 coins.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR;
So I play around with Epay faucets some times and they will pay 1% on all your faucet earnings.  2% here isn't that appealing, it's not really even noticeable for most deposits.  Sure, it's more than 0, but it's getting to the point that it's not worth having any coin stored with HaoBTC.
legendary
If they reduce the interest of the existing Finance account, I will withdraw my coins. It is not worth the risk.
Agreed. I intend to at the end of my month, which is March 06.

Just reread the announcement and it won't go in effect until May 01 so I may keep my financed coins another month.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Interest rate change

Anticipating block reward halving in the summer of 2016, HaoBTC has decided to implement a new interest structure starting May 1.
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR; the starting interest rate of Finance, the fixed term account, will be lowered from the current 12% APR to 6.8% APR; the monthly increment percentage for Finance account will stay unchanged.

Thanks for the info.

What happens with accounts where the interest rate is higher, eg. 14%, does the account with a higher interest rate will be reduced to 12% of base?
Is the table of growth rates in dependence on the investment time is already available?

If they reduce the interest of the existing Finance account, I will withdraw my coins. It is not worth the risk.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013
I have a feeling they will be reduced no matter what is "locked in". Will wait for a clear answer on that, but I'm pretty sure they will go to the 6% and start increasing from there.

If they did that, what would be the point of committing to an entire year of being locked in? That kills the entire purpose from the investor's perspective.

They own the business and they could do everything to the interest rate as long as it is listed in their term of service that they could be changing the interest rate at their own discretion then they would not be held accountable for this. By lowering the interest rate to almost half for the fixed term account then that would totally means they are giving more than they get therefore they need to settle things up ( aka red flag )
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I have a feeling they will be reduced no matter what is "locked in". Will wait for a clear answer on that, but I'm pretty sure they will go to the 6% and start increasing from there.

If they did that, what would be the point of committing to an entire year of being locked in? That kills the entire purpose from the investor's perspective.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
What is the APR now for HaoBTC?
legendary
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Interest rate change

Anticipating block reward halving in the summer of 2016, HaoBTC has decided to implement a new interest structure starting May 1.
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR; the starting interest rate of Finance, the fixed term account, will be lowered from the current 12% APR to 6.8% APR; the monthly increment percentage for Finance account will stay unchanged.

Thanks for the info.

What happens with accounts where the interest rate is higher, eg. 14%, does the account with a higher interest rate will be reduced to 12% of base?
Is the table of growth rates in dependence on the investment time is already available?

Existing lock-ins should remain the same (hence you locking in for x period). It should just affect new ones.

Think so.
It would be nice to know the new interest rate table.
Pages:
Jump to: