Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly - page 17. (Read 56798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Interest rate change

Anticipating block reward halving in the summer of 2016, HaoBTC has decided to implement a new interest structure starting May 1.
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR; the starting interest rate of Finance, the fixed term account, will be lowered from the current 12% APR to 6.8% APR; the monthly increment percentage for Finance account will stay unchanged.

Thanks for the info.

What happens with accounts where the interest rate is higher, eg. 14%, does the account with a higher interest rate will be reduced to 12% of base?
Is the table of growth rates in dependence on the investment time is already available?

Existing lock-ins should remain the same (hence you locking in for x period). It should just affect new ones.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Interest rate change

Anticipating block reward halving in the summer of 2016, HaoBTC has decided to implement a new interest structure starting May 1.
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR; the starting interest rate of Finance, the fixed term account, will be lowered from the current 12% APR to 6.8% APR; the monthly increment percentage for Finance account will stay unchanged.

Thanks for the info.

What happens with accounts where the interest rate is higher, eg. 14%, does the account with a higher interest rate will be reduced to 12% of base?
Is the table of growth rates in dependence on the investment time is already available?
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
Interest rate change

Most people aren't building up 1 BTC+ in a month (note: this would mean you'd need at least 50 BTC invested) to be able to withdraw it all fee-free. So now they're holding money AND charging fees when people want to withdraw.

They are making this rule to discourage withdrawing the bitcoin and with less people withdrawing btc then they would be able to keep the bitcoin for longer period which means they could use it for other purposes and at the same time "paying" user with just some small amount of interest (to make themselves richer )

That's pretty obvious. But what they're doing is taking a site that used to have a lot of incentive to deposit to and destroying all that incentive. They're going to cripple themselves.

I disagree that this will turn off users. If you are interested in knowing how the business is doing, one way to do it is note down how much we have paid our users which is displayed on the front page - currently over 11,00 BTC, I think and the number is updated regularly, and you will get a fairly accurate gauge if we have lost a lot of users.
legendary
Most people aren't building up 1 BTC+ in a month (note: this would mean you'd need at least 50 BTC invested) to be able to withdraw it all fee-free. So now they're holding money AND charging fees when people want to withdraw.

They are making this rule to discourage withdrawing the bitcoin and with less people withdrawing btc then they would be able to keep the bitcoin for longer period which means they could use it for other purposes and at the same time "paying" user with just some small amount of interest (to make themselves richer )

That's pretty obvious. But what they're doing is taking a site that used to have a lot of incentive to deposit to and destroying all that incentive. They're going to cripple themselves.
I registered but i didnt receive the email code?
Tryed resend it already, but still no code.

Hi testbug,

Please PM your email address. I will forward to my colleague to check.
Activity: 851
Merit: 556
I registered but i didnt receive the email code?
Tryed resend it already, but still no code.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
Interisting your service will learn more  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

legendary
Does it mean you encourage withdrawing large amount of bitcoin. That fee structure is good for rich people.

I would hardly call 1BTC being "rich".  It's a bit high if dust transactions were really the concern, like 0.2 and up would be better for that, but 1BTC isn't unreasonable.  Hey, at least they still offer free tx at all!

With this change, though, they should take the interest back to being added/withdrawable daily, rather than monthly. Most people aren't building up 1 BTC+ in a month (note: this would mean you'd need at least 50 BTC invested) to be able to withdraw it all fee-free. So now they're holding money AND charging fees when people want to withdraw.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Does it mean you encourage withdrawing large amount of bitcoin. That fee structure is good for rich people.

I would hardly call 1BTC being "rich".  It's a bit high if dust transactions were really the concern, like 0.2 and up would be better for that, but 1BTC isn't unreasonable.  Hey, at least they still offer free tx at all!
Hi guys,

We just changed our fee rates for BTC withdrawals:
For amount less than 1BTC, you will need to pay a fixed fee of 0.001BTC;
for amount larger than (including) 1BTC, no fee will be charged;
Transactions between two HaoBTC accounts will continue to be free.

I tend to see it more positively as a measure to disincentivise people from sending dust transactions, reducing the risk of the Blockchain being clogged up. Wink
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
Hi guys,

Hi guys,

legendary
Activity: 1652
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
What's in it for us is the interest earned on deposited coins.  There really isn't anything more to it. They use our invested capital to expand their farm, and we earn interest payments for temporarily loaning our coins.

Haobtc can't help the fact that the bitcoin network is constantly increasing which shrinks their margins just like any miner.  If btc price keeps appreciating they will be able to afford to make the interest payments a little longer but not forever at the same rate.

I understand that but even Hashnest Pacmic, which is basically the same things, pays about 12% a year, so about 3-4x HAO. This is a very competitive market, that s my entire point. I m not going to comment anymore on this.

The HaoBTC has a 12-15% interest rate for monthly saving account, it is better than the Pacmic. If the difficulty rise, you might not get back the original investment from Pacmic.

12-15%? I was told it s just above 3%. Please clarify this.

HaoBTC offers two types of accounts:
Wallet: interest rate 3% APR
Finance: interest rate 12% - 15.58% APR; interest rate increases incrementally every month

Ok, I see thx. This sounds OK but I do think 10 BTC deposit limit for the Finance option is a bit too much. 5 BTC would be probably acceptable. Fixed savings account is fine, no withdrawal for a period of time.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
I was one of the early investor of Haobtc where they gave above 10% on wallet balance. Still 3% compounded is as good as a real bank. It would be great if the minimum deposit for a finance be lowered to 1 BTC.

10 bitcoin is for the rich people who can afford putting the money there for longer term without taking out now and then.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
I was one of the early investor of Haobtc where they gave above 10% on wallet balance. Still 3% compounded is as good as a real bank. It would be great if the minimum deposit for a finance be lowered to 1 BTC.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
no to both, first they are not a cloud mining company, they are a wallet service, and they used to allow withdraw with the accrued hourly interest, now if you withdraw before the first of each month you don't get any of the interest it has earned.

Icon

legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

You only earn the interest at the first of each month, used to earn hourly and withdraw, now if you withdraw before the first of the month you'll loose the interest you accrued during that month.

Oh and pay withdraw fees Sad
No, you still earn interest hourly in Wallet, but it is "frozen" until the 1st of the next month so you cannot withdraw it before then, but you still earn it.
Yes, we can withdraw the hourly earning once you request a withdrawal. If I remember clearly, they updates this info in somewhere of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
I have read about the negative and positive comments on this thread but compared to other cloud mining they are very much transparent than cldmine and other cloud mining sites,as you can see the op always update this thread and makes it a point to always answer all inquiries
Pages:
Jump to: