Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly - page 18. (Read 56798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

You only earn the interest at the first of each month, used to earn hourly and withdraw, now if you withdraw before the first of the month you'll loose the interest you accrued during that month.

Oh and pay withdraw fees Sad
No, you still earn interest hourly in Wallet, but it is "frozen" until the 1st of the next month so you cannot withdraw it before then, but you still earn it.

[click post link above]

I have not seen the post regarding withdraw fees, can you link to it please?

Activity: 821
Merit: 503
 Cry

HaoBTC offers two types of accounts:
Wallet: interest rate 3% APR
Finance: interest rate 12% - 15.58% APR; interest rate increases incrementally every month

Wallet has no minimum deposit and you can withdraw at any time and still earn interest.  Finance has a minimum deposit amount (10btc I think) and you have to keep it deposited for a fixed amount of time to earn interest.

You only earn the interest at the first of each month, used to earn hourly and withdraw, now if you withdraw before the first of the month you'll loose the interest you accrued during that month.

Oh and pay withdraw fees Sad

Icon
legendary

Finance: interest rate 12% - 15.58% APR; interest rate increases incrementally every month

Wallet has no minimum deposit and you can withdraw at any time and still earn interest.  Finance has a minimum deposit amount (10btc I think) and you have to keep it deposited for a fixed amount of time to earn interest.
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
What's in it for us is the interest earned on deposited coins.  There really isn't anything more to it. They use our invested capital to expand their farm, and we earn interest payments for temporarily loaning our coins.

Haobtc can't help the fact that the bitcoin network is constantly increasing which shrinks their margins just like any miner.  If btc price keeps appreciating they will be able to afford to make the interest payments a little longer but not forever at the same rate.

I understand that but even Hashnest Pacmic, which is basically the same things, pays about 12% a year, so about 3-4x HAO. This is a very competitive market, that s my entire point. I m not going to comment anymore on this.

The HaoBTC has a 12-15% interest rate for monthly saving account, it is better than the Pacmic. If the difficulty rise, you might not get back the original investment from Pacmic.

12-15%? I was told it s just above 3%. Please clarify this.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
What's in it for us is the interest earned on deposited coins.  There really isn't anything more to it. They use our invested capital to expand their farm, and we earn interest payments for temporarily loaning our coins.

Haobtc can't help the fact that the bitcoin network is constantly increasing which shrinks their margins just like any miner.  If btc price keeps appreciating they will be able to afford to make the interest payments a little longer but not forever at the same rate.

I understand that but even Hashnest Pacmic, which is basically the same things, pays about 12% a year, so about 3-4x HAO. This is a very competitive market, that s my entire point. I m not going to comment anymore on this.

The HaoBTC has a 12-15% interest rate for monthly saving account, it is better than the Pacmic. If the difficulty rise, you might not get back the original investment from Pacmic.

12-15%? I was told it s just above 3%. Please clarify this.
legendary
We just hosted the our first end-of-the-year (Chinese calendar ) event cum Chinese Bitcoin Conference last Saturday at Binggo Cafe in Beijing. The event was attended by over 50 members of the Chinese Bitcoin community, including some of the most prominent figures, such as Wu Jihan, CEO of Bitmain, the company behind Antminer and Antpool. The guests held a lively discussion over a range of topics, esp.  the recent debate regarding two competing proposals over the Bitcoin protocol, namely the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Classic.
Congrats on the event, I saw the postings on twitter.  Good to see HaoBTC taking a proactive stance, and as I understand it the Chinese big guns are in favor of a 2MB block size.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

legendary
What is the current savings interest rate?

Thx

3% APR which is .25% monthly, still higher then many banks savings.. Sad

Icon

Update:

This paying for withdraw fees is getting old, that's one thing you don't have to worry about on coinbase, think i am done here till they remove the withdraw fees, lol paying more in fees then i am earning on monthly interest Sad

So it s gonna down a lot since they started. What s the main cause behind this drop? Abundance of capital?

Yes, that is the main rationale.
I would like to remind ppl, as I did a few times before, given the nature of Bitcoin, the interest rate is more likely to move downward than otherwise.

So what s the point of operating this service then in the first place? If the interest rate goes down to 1%, the only one who profit from this venture is HAO BTC, cause you guys obtain cheap loans to expand your operations. I m not trying to criticize you or anything, I m simply trying to figure out what s there for us, ordinary users.
We just hosted the our first end-of-the-year (Chinese calendar ) event cum Chinese Bitcoin Conference last Saturday at Binggo Cafe in Beijing. The event was attended by over 50 members of the Chinese Bitcoin community, including some of the most prominent figures, such as Wu Jihan, CEO of Bitmain, the company behind Antminer and Antpool. The guests held a lively discussion over a range of topics, esp.  the recent debate regarding two competing proposals over the Bitcoin protocol, namely the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Classic.

Thx

Icon

Update:

This paying for withdraw fees is getting old, that's one thing you don't have to worry about on coinbase, think i am done here till they remove the withdraw fees, lol paying more in fees then i am earning on monthly interest Sad

So it s gonna down a lot since they started. What s the main cause behind this drop? Abundance of capital?

Yes, that is the main rationale.
I would like to remind ppl, as I did a few times before, given the nature of Bitcoin, the interest rate is more likely to move downward than otherwise.
legendary

Thx

Icon

Update:

I am wondering how is HaoBTC going to backup the investment value during the Bitcoin Classic split-up session during the upcoming weeks.
It will be a radical decision to make and there is no coming back I guess.

I hope all goes well during that time.

It will be quite difficult if we all withdraw from the HaoBTC to our own account. HaoBTC does not have enough coin as it has sold to buy mining equipment. So it has to calm the market by saying that will let users to have both Core and Classic Coins.

FYI, I attended our (belated) end-of-the-year event attended by some of the most prominent Chinese Bitcoiners last night. The consensus among those who attended - including our company, is that:
1. The ideal scenario would be 2MB block size through Core;
2. Failing that, Classic but the current 75% blocks adoption activation trigger should be raised to no lower than 90%.

Thx

Icon

Update:

legendary

Thx
ya doesn't matter what they choose, all the wallet.dat file is just a private sha256d key, so.. as long as everyone stays on that, we are fine . the fork(s) are just the qt version(s) that we all decide to use.

Icon

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I am wondering how is HaoBTC going to backup the investment value during the Bitcoin Classic split-up session during the upcoming weeks.

It will be quite difficult if we all withdraw from the HaoBTC to our own account. HaoBTC does not have enough coin as it has sold to buy mining equipment. So it has to calm the market by saying that will let users to have both Core and Classic Coins.

I think that Eric should you comment on this statement.
I think that HaoBTC investing in new mines. Of course, also sells old equipment to replace them with new ones for example avalon 6 instead of antminer s3.
I think It does not matter if they hard fork for classic unlimtied or anything else, your coins will always be one.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
All of those pages translate on my tablet when clicking English at the bottom of the page.  Can't speak for my laptop atm.

Also I was talking about just haobtc.com where you deposit coins for the interest wallet and financing option anyways...
Activity: 693
Merit: 508

Pages:
Jump to: