Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly - page 24. (Read 56801 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
These are risky, I rather put my btc in lending at poloniex that I can withdraw anytime and earn every 30 seconds.
As if storing bitcoin on an exchange isn't risky? What's so risk about this versus a loan?  At least here you have a sense of what is backing the interest they pay out, and it more than makes sense, and is very reasonable.

Anyways you have to handle with the risks..
Your right guys but ive used the Service for quit long Time and had over 2 BTC on it. Definattly thoose guys take the Coins and work with it Wink Thats why they can buy u that great affort.
Really prechiate that. Otherwise pacmic on hashnest should be Out. The Price dropes of the market price is hilarious and really not good for your Profits Sad

regards
lama-hunter
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
These are risky, I rather put my btc in lending at poloniex that I can withdraw anytime and earn every 30 seconds.
As if storing bitcoin on an exchange isn't risky? What's so risk about this versus a loan?  At least here you have a sense of what is backing the interest they pay out, and it more than makes sense, and is very reasonable.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Probably to HalleyBTC at 17% and Hashnest Pacmic at 12% (this is the figure I ve read on their thread).

Do either of those companies have a thread that is months long with extensive photos documenting their facilities and operations?

I like my coin to be somewhere I can trust.  Yes, I know the "t" word is dangerous in this environment, but HaoBTC has to be one of the most forthcoming companies out there that offer an interest earning wallet.

HalleyBTC is a scam site, do not listen to goats promoting them.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Probably to HalleyBTC at 17% and Hashnest Pacmic at 12% (this is the figure I ve read on their thread).

Do either of those companies have a thread that is months long with extensive photos documenting their facilities and operations?

I like my coin to be somewhere I can trust.  Yes, I know the "t" word is dangerous in this environment, but HaoBTC has to be one of the most forthcoming companies out there that offer an interest earning wallet.
legendary
Would you like to increase your interest rate since the present rate is pretty low at the moment (comparing it with your competitor sites).

I would surely like to try out your site thereafter.

Moreover please translate the section where you have enlisted the blogs. All the headings are still in Chinese.
With mining difficulty going up I am pretty sure they will be more inclined to cut the interest rate then increase it.  The wallet interest rate at 6% may not seem like a lot but it's a bonus while your coins sit idle, where their financing is a great option for higher legitimate rewards. The only legitimate wallet I know with a higher rate than 6% is BW.com at 7.52%.

What exactly are you comparing it to?

If those are the two then we have HalleyBTC (they claim $14c/kWH which is terrible and paying out 17% isn't sustainable) which is everything but a confirmed ponzi at this point, and PACMiC which is locked in for a term and needs to be compared to the Haobtc financing option which returns 14% in those same 4 months it takes for PACMiC contract.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Would you like to increase your interest rate since the present rate is pretty low at the moment (comparing it with your competitor sites).

Moreover please translate the section where you have enlisted the blogs. All the headings are still in Chinese.
With mining difficulty going up I am pretty sure they will be more inclined to cut the interest rate then increase it.  The wallet interest rate at 6% may not seem like a lot but it's a bonus while your coins sit idle, where their financing is a great option for higher legitimate rewards. The only legitimate wallet I know with a higher rate than 6% is BW.com at 7.52%.

legendary

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
a really nice service to store your coins online and to get them all over the world.
also the support service is very fast and can solve issues bin 4 hours.
Also therefore you get a small invest amount of 6 on your charged wallet Wink

tahts great

keep it up guys !

regards
lama-hunter
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
Still, halleybtc offers the same service at significantly higher interest rate. Even Hashnest Pacmic pays higher APR then this.

Competition is good.
legendary
Activity: 1652
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Still, halleybtc offers the same service at significantly higher interest rate. Even Hashnest Pacmic pays higher APR then this.
legendary
Activity: 1988
so wait, our initial investment will be avalible for withdraw at any point, and interest's will be withdrawleble every 1st in the month :S?

Yeah, it's essentially like a bank now (as that's how they do it as well -- your balance remains the same and you're credited the full month's interest at the end of the month).
so wait, our initial investment will be avalible for withdraw at any point, and interest's will be withdrawleble every 1st in the month :S?

Yes.
Activity: 804
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1988
Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Yes. After you save the money for a whole months, and withdraw, you can get the interest. Otherwise, you will lose the interest. For example, if you deposit on 6 of July, and withdraw on 6 of October, you will get 4 months interest. If you withdraw on 4 Oct, you will lose 29 days interest and get only 3 month interest.
Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.

You only "lose interest" on the high yield account if you withdraw early, the other account still accrues interest hourly, it's just how it is reported on the website that has changed.

That's correct.

Ask them to make this happen weekly though (the update). To break it down in an easier to understand model, let's assume an interest rate of 30% per month (1%/day).

I have 100 BTC. After 29 days, I have 129 BTC (we're excluding compound interest). I make a withdrawal of the full amount I see (100 BTC). Tomorrow I wake up to find that I have 29.29 BTC (29 left over + the .29 interest on that), leaving me with over 29 BTC left behind.

This is just a horrible model. It ensures that you can never withdraw everything -- by its very nature, you are forced to leave a balance in perpetuity. It makes no sense, and ADDS to the overhead since every single user that has ever used the service will always have cycles being used on their abandoned balances.

I was wrong at first by stating that users won't be able to see how much interest they have earned until a full month has passed. After further communication with the tech, I was assured that users still can see the interest added to their balance hourly - no change at all in this regard.
The only change is that you won't be able to withdraw the interest, as opposed to the principal, until a full month has passed.
To use your scenario, assume that the month has 30 days. On the 30th day, you will only be able to withdraw 100 BTC even though your balance indicates that you have about 130 BTC. You will be able to withdraw everything at 8:00 am of the following month, that is 100+30 BTC (about).
You won't leave anything in your HaoBTC account except maybe a negligible amount.

Ahhh, so you mean it is the difference we'll see in the two balances. At the top it shows:

Bitcoin balance: xxxx BTC
xxxx BTC available

But that brings on two more questions:

1) Is the interest compounded hourly still, rather than just being credited hourly?
2) How does this magically reduce overhead if the ONLY thing that changes is how often we can withdraw interest?

I just received an explanation from the CEO:
Basically we have been allowing users to withdraw interest at random times, and there has always been small discrepancies between the interest that a user earns and the interest that he actually receives.
While this discrepancy is tiny to the point of being negligible in each individual cases, as the number of users grows, the accumulated amount can multiply exponentially, leading to greater uncertainty.

Thanks for that explanation. Can you please ask him if he can change it to being a daily deposit? It would have the same effect on your side, but would be much more user-friendly.

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Yes. After you save the money for a whole months, and withdraw, you can get the interest. Otherwise, you will lose the interest. For example, if you deposit on 6 of July, and withdraw on 6 of October, you will get 4 months interest. If you withdraw on 4 Oct, you will lose 29 days interest and get only 3 month interest.
Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.

You only "lose interest" on the high yield account if you withdraw early, the other account still accrues interest hourly, it's just how it is reported on the website that has changed.

That's correct.

Ask them to make this happen weekly though (the update). To break it down in an easier to understand model, let's assume an interest rate of 30% per month (1%/day).

I have 100 BTC. After 29 days, I have 129 BTC (we're excluding compound interest). I make a withdrawal of the full amount I see (100 BTC). Tomorrow I wake up to find that I have 29.29 BTC (29 left over + the .29 interest on that), leaving me with over 29 BTC left behind.

This is just a horrible model. It ensures that you can never withdraw everything -- by its very nature, you are forced to leave a balance in perpetuity. It makes no sense, and ADDS to the overhead since every single user that has ever used the service will always have cycles being used on their abandoned balances.

I was wrong at first by stating that users won't be able to see how much interest they have earned until a full month has passed. After further communication with the tech, I was assured that users still can see the interest added to their balance hourly - no change at all in this regard.
The only change is that you won't be able to withdraw the interest, as opposed to the principal, until a full month has passed.
To use your scenario, assume that the month has 30 days. On the 30th day, you will only be able to withdraw 100 BTC even though your balance indicates that you have about 130 BTC. You will be able to withdraw everything at 8:00 am of the following month, that is 100+30 BTC (about).
You won't leave anything in your HaoBTC account except maybe a negligible amount.

Ahhh, so you mean it is the difference we'll see in the two balances. At the top it shows:

xxxx BTC available

1) Is the interest compounded hourly still, rather than just being credited hourly?
2) How does this magically reduce overhead if the ONLY thing that changes is how often we can withdraw interest?

I just received an explanation from the CEO:
Basically we have been allowing users to withdraw interest at random times, and there has always been small discrepancies between the interest that a user earns and the interest that he actually receives.
While this discrepancy is tiny to the point of being negligible in each individual case, as the number of users grows, the accumulated amount can multiply exponentially, leading to greater uncertainty.
So if I am reading it right, the interest on the 30th day of the month will be able to be withdrawn the following day? 
I believe this is correct.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Not going to lie, when the announcement was first made it sounded like the reasoning behind this was to reduce server load.  This just seems like it would do nothing but increase server load and confusion.  You are going to have people out da butt who won't understand the concept or reasoning and be asking questions continuously.

It also means it would take a really long time to be able to fully cash out, as your interest will be earning interest that won't be able to be cashed out for another month.  Figuring this seems like such a headache just thinking about it.

So if I am reading it right, the interest on the 30th day of the month will be able to be withdrawn the following day?  Or will every time interest is accrued have to wait a month before it can be withdrawn?

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

That's correct.

xxxx BTC available

1) The interest will still be calculated the same way as it has always been.
2) The new method makes bookkeeping easier, I was told - though I am prob as befuddled as everyone else on this at the moment.
Pages:
Jump to: