Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly - page 25. (Read 56801 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Yes. After you save the money for a whole months, and withdraw, you can get the interest. Otherwise, you will lose the interest. For example, if you deposit on 6 of July, and withdraw on 6 of October, you will get 4 months interest. If you withdraw on 4 Oct, you will lose 29 days interest and get only 3 month interest.
Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.

You only "lose interest" on the high yield account if you withdraw early, the other account still accrues interest hourly, it's just how it is reported on the website that has changed.

That's correct.

Ask them to make this happen weekly though (the update). To break it down in an easier to understand model, let's assume an interest rate of 30% per month (1%/day).

I have 100 BTC. After 29 days, I have 129 BTC (we're excluding compound interest). I make a withdrawal of the full amount I see (100 BTC). Tomorrow I wake up to find that I have 29.29 BTC (29 left over + the .29 interest on that), leaving me with over 29 BTC left behind.

This is just a horrible model. It ensures that you can never withdraw everything -- by its very nature, you are forced to leave a balance in perpetuity. It makes no sense, and ADDS to the overhead since every single user that has ever used the service will always have cycles being used on their abandoned balances.

I was wrong at first by stating that users won't be able to see how much interest they have earned until a full month has passed. After further communication with the tech, I was assured that users still can see the interest added to their balance hourly - no change at all in this regard.
The only change is that you won't be able to withdraw the interest, as opposed to the principal, until a full month has passed.
To use your scenario, assume that the month has 30 days. On the 30th day, you will only be able to withdraw 100 BTC even though your balance indicates that you have about 130 BTC. You will be able to withdraw everything at 8:00 am of the following month, that is 100+30 BTC (about).
You won't leave anything in your HaoBTC account except maybe a negligible amount.

Ahhh, so you mean it is the difference we'll see in the two balances. At the top it shows:

Bitcoin balance: xxxx BTC
xxxx BTC available

But that brings on two more questions:

1) Is the interest compounded hourly still, rather than just being credited hourly?
2) How does this magically reduce overhead if the ONLY thing that changes is how often we can withdraw interest?
Activity: 471
Merit: 500

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Yes. After you save the money for a whole months, and withdraw, you can get the interest. Otherwise, you will lose the interest. For example, if you deposit on 6 of July, and withdraw on 6 of October, you will get 4 months interest. If you withdraw on 4 Oct, you will lose 29 days interest and get only 3 month interest.
Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.

You only "lose interest" on the high yield account if you withdraw early, the other account still accrues interest hourly, it's just how it is reported on the website that has changed.

That's correct.

Ask them to make this happen weekly though (the update). To break it down in an easier to understand model, let's assume an interest rate of 30% per month (1%/day).

I have 100 BTC. After 29 days, I have 129 BTC (we're excluding compound interest). I make a withdrawal of the full amount I see (100 BTC). Tomorrow I wake up to find that I have 29.29 BTC (29 left over + the .29 interest on that), leaving me with over 29 BTC left behind.

This is just a horrible model. It ensures that you can never withdraw everything -- by its very nature, you are forced to leave a balance in perpetuity. It makes no sense, and ADDS to the overhead since every single user that has ever used the service will always have cycles being used on their abandoned balances.

I was wrong at first by stating that users won't be able to see how much interest they have earned until a full month has passed. After further communication with the tech, I was assured that users still can see the interest added to their balance hourly - no change at all in this regard.
The only change is that you won't be able to withdraw the interest, as opposed to the principal, until a full month has passed.
To use your scenario, assume that the month has 30 days. On the 30th day, you will only be able to withdraw 100 BTC even though your balance indicates that you have about 130 BTC. You will be able to withdraw everything at 8:00 am of the following month, that is 100+30 BTC (about).
You won't leave anything in your HaoBTC account except maybe a negligible amount.
legendary

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

That's correct.

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

That's correct.

You won't lose it. But you will only be able to withdraw it on certain dates.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
Correction
A correction to our previous statement:
1. Users will still be able to see the interest payment being added to his balance at the end of each hour.
2. The accumulated interest of the prior month, however, will be "frozen" until at 8:00 am on the first day of the current month.
3. This will only affect HaoBTC Wallet.
That doesn't sound so bad.  I was going to say even if it updated weekly it would be fine IMO, but this clears the air about the change.

I was noticing some hours were missed which may be the reason for these changes.

Rereading it that's what it sounds like...
Activity: 642
Evolution is the only way to survive
Haobtc might be the top 5 bitcoin companies in China now , and it will become much bigger & stronger in the not far future
BTW:I am a haobtc user for six month .
You have got to be kidding.  We are supposed to go 4 weeks without knowing what our balance is?  Don't you think that's a little absurd?  Make it update once a day, that's fine, but every 30 days is just stupid.

Or give users a button they can press every 24 hours that calculates their balance.  Then not everyone would use it every day and "stress the server", but those who need to can at least know their freaking balance - that's not too much to ask.

"Hey, give us all your money, but we won't tell you how much you have for a complete lunar cycle."

Sorry, there is some misunderstanding. Just posted a correction.
Correction
A correction to our previous statement:
1. Users will still be able to see the interest payment being added to his balance at the end of each hour.
2. The accumulated interest of the prior month, however, will be "frozen" until at 8:00 am on the first day of the current month.
3. This will only affect HaoBTC Wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
You have got to be kidding.  We are supposed to go 4 weeks without knowing what our balance is?  Don't you think that's a little absurd?  Make it update once a day, that's fine, but every 30 days is just stupid.

Or give users a button they can press every 24 hours that calculates their balance.  Then not everyone would use it every day and "stress the server", but those who need to can at least know their freaking balance - that's not too much to ask.

"Hey, give us all your money, but we won't tell you how much you have for a complete lunar cycle."
legendary
Urgent statement

Hi guys,

Due to increase in the number of users and limited capacity of our servers, HaoBTC has made the decision to take measures to alleviate the rising computational demand - While the Wallet interest will continue to be paid hourly and the interest rate will stay the same -  6% APY, the displayed balance will only be updated on a monthly basis. This will take effect starting on Dec 4. Should you have any questions, please to post on this thread or write me at [email protected].

Well, the biggest question to start out with is... if the displayed balance is updated once a month, how do we know what our real balance is? Are you saying if you deposit and withdraw 29 days later you just lost all that interest?

No, you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.
I know this will cause some inconvenience, but since this is the decision made by the tech team, there isn't much I can do.

Put in a request to make it daily. At least SOMETHING. Otherwise you're going to lose a LOT of people who would otherwise use the service. What they're doing is killing transparency -- that's never a good thing.
Urgent statement

Hi guys,

Due to increase in the number of users and limited capacity of our servers, HaoBTC has made the decision to take measures to alleviate the rising computational demand - While the Wallet interest will continue to be paid hourly and the interest rate will stay the same -  6% APY, the displayed balance will only be updated on a monthly basis. This will take effect starting on Dec 4. Should you have any questions, please to post on this thread or write me at [email protected].

Well, the biggest question to start out with is... if the displayed balance is updated once a month, how do we know what our real balance is? Are you saying if you deposit and withdraw 29 days later you just lost all that interest?

No, you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.
I know this will cause some inconvenience, but since this is the decision made by the tech team, there isn't much I can do.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
Urgent statement

Hi guys,

Due to increase in the number of users and limited capacity of our servers, HaoBTC has made the decision to take measures to alleviate the rising computational demand - While the Wallet interest will continue to be paid hourly and the interest rate will stay the same -  6% APY, the displayed balance will only be updated on a monthly basis. This will take effect starting on Dec 4. Should you have any questions, please to post on this thread or write me at [email protected].

That sound like someone is running the Server/Webserver Operation who has no fucking Clue. Adding Server Ressources these Days is cheap and easy...
legendary
Urgent statement

Hi guys,

Urgent statement

Hi guys,

Due to increase in the number of users and limited capacity of our servers, HaoBTC has made the decision to take measures to alleviate the rising computational demand - While the Wallet interest will continue to be paid hourly and the interest rate will stay the same -  6% APY, the displayed balance will only be updated on a monthly basis. This will take effect starting on Dec 4. Should you have any questions, please to post on this thread or write me at [email protected].
our CNY - BTC exchange is making strides.

What is your average daily volume please ? Can you prove it ?

Also, we pay our users interest not only because we can turn good profit by borrowing and investing, but also because we want the good will from the community, which we may eventually leverage when we release our new products

What are those new products you think about ? Can you talk about it or give us a hint ?

I have no absolute proof. If you take things to extremes, I myself may be duped as I have no access to the code and even if I do, do not have the ability to examine it. Anyway, some people think we live in the Matrix and that's fine with me.
Here I will tell you what I know. We publicize our numbers internally everyday, and yesterday, I was told that over five million RMB was deposited. This number has been somewhere between two mln and five mln during the recent months.
As for our new products, I am not allowed to disclose for competitive reasons. What I can share with you is that we have been on a hiring spree recently and the latest two that joined onboard are the two founders of Bitui.io and Wallet.la - they were probably the best developers one can find in the Chinese BTC scene.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
our CNY - BTC exchange is making strides.

What is your average daily volume please ? Can you prove it ?

Also, we pay our users interest not only because we can turn good profit by borrowing and investing, but also because we want the good will from the community, which we may eventually leverage when we release our new products

What are those new products you think about ? Can you talk about it or give us a hint ?
Pages:
Jump to: