Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly - page 3. (Read 56798 times)

Activity: 821
Merit: 503
lol you quoted 1/2 of the post, they clam there mining contracts are  independent of there mines/hardware. That is why i asked the question..
again read above post of mine when someone asked if they support Segwit.

Icon

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Were does that hash rate come from, your own mines? If yes see above post of mine, if no then i would start to worry about your site..

Icon

They have their own mine. Not sure the link but there's actually video proof of their own mine, and if you follow blockchain analysis, they mine a lot of blocks (also easily confirmed).
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Why does HaoBTC not support Segwit?

The benefits are more than convincing: https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/

The only alternative is BU, but BU can easily destroy the trust in Bitcoin and therefore bitcoin at all:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/closer-look-bitcoin-unlimiteds-configurable-block-size-proposal/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/how-bitcoin-unlimited-users-may-end-different-blockchains/

What is your solution for scaling, utxo growth, maleability and quadratic sighash scaling?
Were does that hash rate come from, your own mines? If yes see above post of mine, if no then i would start to worry about your site..

Icon
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
I would like to buy hosted mining but only if the provider I choose is using Bitcoin Core 13.1 and signaling for SegWit. Where does HaoBTC stand on SegWit and if you are using 13.1 how can I verify? Thank you.
What we offer is STANDARD HASHRATE, which means it's abstract and theoretical, and have nothing to do with block version or SegWit.

Wrong, if that was true what was all those youtube videos of Eric walking around showing off your hardware /mining farms.. And yes it does matter, Segwit requires 95% activation of all nodes in order to go live and seeing you guys are mining you are casting your vote one way or another.

Icon

Mining farm is one thing, Standard Hash-Exchange is another.
I would like to buy hosted mining but only if the provider I choose is using Bitcoin Core 13.1 and signaling for SegWit. Where does HaoBTC stand on SegWit and if you are using 13.1 how can I verify? Thank you.
What we offer is STANDARD HASHRATE, which means it's abstract and theoretical, and have nothing to do with block version or SegWit.

Wrong, if that was true what was all those youtube videos of Eric walking around showing off your hardware /mining farms.. And yes it does matter, Segwit requires 95% activation of all nodes in order to go live and seeing you guys are mining you are casting your vote one way or another.

Icon
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

Answered my own query by searching. I assume your hosted mining contracts hash at your own HaoBTC pool. bitcoinity.org shows HaoBTC pool is not signaling for SegWit yet.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
Activity: 909
Merit: 508

What's the current normal interest rate?

1% per year.

Lol 1% , well next to nothing thats something, but seeing it used to be 6% earlier this year. And also seeing that the having happen shouldn't it be around or near  ~ 3% ? 1/2 of 6 you know.

Save up all month to pay 1 withdraw fee..

Icon

With 1 BTC, it'd take 9.x days to get enough to pay the withdrawal. So it really depends on how much you deposit (10 would take 1 day, 0.1 would take 4 months, etc.).

If you do not have enough, it is better not to use Haobtc.

Well, most our users don't use HaoBTC wallet because we give them interests. Some of them even don't know there is an interest in the wallet.

They use HaoBTC because it's super easy to use, especially for Chinese users. You can send and receive bitcoins with our wallet; you can and sell bitcoins with our wallet; you can buy and sell Hashrate with our wallet; you can search for the information of Blockchain with our wallet... Moreover, if you forget your login password, you won't lose your bitcoins; if you forget your payment password, you won't lose your bitcoins; if you lost your phone, you won't lose your bitcoins...

The fee is quite high. The poloniex is just 0.001. But they combine many transaction and they do not pay 0.001, they pay less.

So HaoBTC can use the same mode as Poloniex and charge less.

1% per year.

Lol 1% , well next to nothing thats something, but seeing it used to be 6% earlier this year. And also seeing that the having happen shouldn't it be around or near  ~ 3% ? 1/2 of 6 you know.

Icon

With 1 BTC, it'd take 9.x days to get enough to pay the withdrawal. So it really depends on how much you deposit (10 would take 1 day, 0.1 would take 4 months, etc.).

Well, most our users don't use HaoBTC wallet because we give them interests. Some of them even don't know there is an interest in the wallet.

They use HaoBTC because it's super easy to use, especially for Chinese users. You can send and receive bitcoins with our wallet; you can and sell bitcoins with our wallet; you can buy and sell Hashrate with our wallet; you can search for the information of Blockchain with our wallet... Moreover, if you forget your login password, you won't lose your bitcoins; if you forget your payment password, you won't lose your bitcoins; if you lost your phone, you won't lose your bitcoins...
Activity: 520
Merit: 250

1% per year.

Icon

legendary

1% per year.

Icon

1% per year.

Icon

1% per year.
legendary

This is true, but it is a huge step. It would allow the service to truly pose as a wallet.

Also, there's no interest for just holding balances anymore, is there? It's only if committing to the 1m+ period?

There is interest for your balance in the wallet. We calculate this interest hourly, but we pay it to you on the first day of every month.

This is true, but it is a huge step. It would allow the service to truly pose as a wallet.

Also, there's no interest for just holding balances anymore, is there? It's only if committing to the 1m+ period?

There is interest for your balance in the wallet. We calculate this interest hourly, but we pay it to you on the first day of every month.
legendary

You can send out the funds once every hour to combine the transactions. So that the average fee will be reduced.

They shot down the idea a bit earlier but I think clarification may help this: you offer two types of withdrawals:

1) Batch, sent hourly
2) Paid, sent instantly

This would allow those that don't want to wait the chance to get theirs instantly, while those who don't mind can get theirs free. Win-win.

Thank you, I will discuss this proposal with our product managers and engineers. You know there are a lot of issues to trade-off.

You can send out the funds once every hour to combine the transactions. So that the average fee will be reduced.

They shot down the idea a bit earlier but I think clarification may help this: you offer two types of withdrawals:

1) Batch, sent hourly
2) Paid, sent instantly

This would allow those that don't want to wait the chance to get theirs instantly, while those who don't mind can get theirs free. Win-win.

Thank you, I will discuss this proposal with our product managers and engineers. You know there are a lot of issues to trade-off.
legendary
they once said anything over 1 btc would have no fees, they were wrong...

Icon

Wait, there are fees even if you're sending 1 BTC+ now? If so, that largely kills the point of using the wallet over another party that doesn't even pay interest.

Hi, ranlo, this 0.0005 is paid to miners for their confirmation of your transaction. Every wallet has to pay it. We used to pay this fee for our users when the fee was low and our user number was small. But, obviously, it is not sustainable.

1) Batch, sent hourly
2) Paid, sent instantly

Pages:
Jump to: