Author

Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW - page 111. (Read 235822 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 512
Just get any RX 550 2gb version, and with One Click Bios Editor you'll hit 400 to 450 h/s in 2 seconds flat. At this point it's not worth spending on a RX 550 4GB or a RX 560 2GB/4GB. On Cryptonight the 550 2GB somehow hashes better or equal to a RX 560 4GB, and the RX 550 4GB is going for RX 560 prices, so not worthwhile buy. Not to mention the fact that, it's not like reaching for buying a RX 550 4GB would mean more people busting down your door to buy used later on anyways.

And ETH will be switching POS long before 4GB ever turn worthless to mine with.

I have seen several things come up in search for "One Click BIOS Editor" -- can you link me to the one that you are referencing ?
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
I can't test as I don't have the GPU yet and it's not an old one Wink

I was asking because a local computer shop still have some RX550 2GB in stock. They may receive 4GB models in two to three weeks but they aren't sure.  So I am wondering if it's worth to buy some 550 2GB to build a low power rig.

look here:

http://monerobenchmarks.info/

should be able to do ~350H/s. More memory could help since cryptonight is memory intensive algo

Thanks!  Looked at it and 2GB and 4GB have the same hashrate. And about cryptonight being memory intensive, I don't think so as my xmr-stak mining on CPUs takes only 9.5 MB of RAM.  But maybe it's different with GPUs, that I don't know!

2GB models are easier to take the 500 hash.  4GB were on 50 hashes worse... but I would choose 4GB. They can be launched on the ETH and easier to sell.
I tried on my dozen timings and they all influenced performance differently. But even now the result in claymor is very different from sgminer. Use sgminer

According to what I've read on forums about Ethereum, even 4GB won't be usable soon. And as I plan to mine for a long time, reselling price is not really a consideration for me. These cards will eventually go in my low power rig for starting coins.

Just get any RX 550 2gb version, and with One Click Bios Editor you'll hit 400 to 450 h/s in 2 seconds flat. At this point it's not worth spending on a RX 550 4GB or a RX 560 2GB/4GB. On Cryptonight the 550 2GB somehow hashes better or equal to a RX 560 4GB, and the RX 550 4GB is going for RX 560 prices, so not worthwhile buy. Not to mention the fact that, it's not like reaching for buying a RX 550 4GB would mean more people busting down your door to buy used later on anyways.

And ETH will be switching POS long before 4GB ever turn worthless to mine with.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

I was asking because a local computer shop still have some RX550 2GB in stock. They may receive 4GB models in two to three weeks but they aren't sure.  So I am wondering if it's worth to buy some 550 2GB to build a low power rig.

look here:

should be able to do ~350H/s. More memory could help since cryptonight is memory intensive algo

Thanks!  Looked at it and 2GB and 4GB have the same hashrate. And about cryptonight being memory intensive, I don't think so as my xmr-stak mining on CPUs takes only 9.5 MB of RAM.  But maybe it's different with GPUs, that I don't know!

2GB models are easier to take the 500 hash.  4GB were on 50 hashes worse... but I would choose 4GB. They can be launched on the ETH and easier to sell.
I tried on my dozen timings and they all influenced performance differently. But even now the result in claymor is very different from sgminer. Use sgminer

According to what I've read on forums about Ethereum, even 4GB won't be usable soon. And as I plan to mine for a long time, reselling price is not really a consideration for me. These cards will eventually go in my low power rig for starting coins.
Activity: 259
Merit: 10
Crypto Revo
hi guys I see you are doing a great job for the miners and the mining pool which is great, but to be honest your work with the bounty hunters so far is quite lousy.

Regarding the airdrop, you should at least post a spreadsheet to see who applied and who havnt, i know I have a few days ago and I return here today and go to the airdrop link and I see that I am able to apply AGAIN, instead of the system mentioning that I have applied before...

These tiny features in with that delivers an easy user technical experience are mandatory in my opinion for blockchain based projects.

I hope my opinion gets considered as an additional coin in the pool, not criticism, as I am part of your team now.

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck !
Activity: 6
Enjoy our new SSL Intense mining pool hosted on the stable and scalable Google Cloud platform. A pool of the community for the community.

Lets spread the Network!

https://itns.poolazon.com
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
A few days ago I posted that I had attempted a withdraw from stocks.exchange to my Intense Coin Wallet version 1.4.1.  When I did so, stocks eventually gave me a message saying withdraw error.  The coins disappeared from stocks and never showed up in the wallet.  Today, they are finally back at stocks and showing up in my account there.  

I am again go to request that the coins be transferred to my wallet.  What I'd like to know is, in the address field at stocks do I put the entire address that I copied from the intense coin wallet?  It is extremely long and unlike any other crypto address I've used.  I'm a real novice so please excuse my ignorance.  Any help is appreciated.  

The wallet is fully up to date on my hard drive. 

This issue is common on stocks.exchange. I also had this same problem when withdrawing from the exchange to my ITNS wallet. Currently they have been getting more volume and with that as well experience scalability issues. Hopefully this gets sorted out since there are quite a few gems that are listed in stocks.exchange, ITNS included.
Activity: 154
A few days ago I posted that I had attempted a withdraw from stocks.exchange to my Intense Coin Wallet version 1.4.1.  When I did so, stocks eventually gave me a message saying withdraw error.  The coins disappeared from stocks and never showed up in the wallet.  Today, they are finally back at stocks and showing up in my account there.  

I am again go to request that the coins be transferred to my wallet.  What I'd like to know is, in the address field at stocks do I put the entire address that I copied from the intense coin wallet?  It is extremely long and unlike any other crypto address I've used.  I'm a real novice so please excuse my ignorance.  Any help is appreciated.  

Yes full address, it is really long
Activity: 112
Wow!!  anyone look at GPU prices recently!!   Holy Hell.   Like $800 starting for rx 580's in Canada!    Crazy!   $600 for 1060's .... Absolutely nothing in stock!   Even RX560's are gone!!  Crazy times

Very crazy indeed. I was thinking of grabbing some RX560s for ITNS but, as you said, even those are gone!
i live in Lithuania, crypto craze here has overtaken the market, i'm working in computer shop and i can't build any gaming computers for customers because there are no GPU available. There is a wait time of 1-2 months for GPU's delivery from local hardware distributors. RX 580 8gb now cost 400 eur on average, 1070 gtx ~500eur 1070 ti ~600 eur, i dont want to start on RX vega prices they are insane, vega 56 cost around 900eur.
I i see that miners started to pick up gtx 1050ti because there is no other options, so the prices of 1050ti is going up as well
Activity: 9

Activity: 714
Merit: 512
Wow!!  anyone look at GPU prices recently!!   Holy Hell.   Like $800 starting for rx 580's in Canada!    Crazy!   $600 for 1060's .... Absolutely nothing in stock!   Even RX560's are gone!!  Crazy times

Very crazy indeed. I was thinking of grabbing some RX560s for ITNS but, as you said, even those are gone!
Activity: 154
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
A week ago i take MSI RX550 2Gb, upgraded bios and now I have 480H\s from 1 card with only 27-30W. 1 card here was about 100$ price, so its perfect choice for cryptonight right now.

How? I have a 560 4 Gb, 1190/200 clocks, modded bios with PBE 1.6 and I can only get ~380 H/s.

who is the manufacturer of memory?
and try sgminer 5.5.5-gm
rawintensity/worksize 420/8 (448/2), gpu-threads 2

Micron.

Couldn't get sgminer-gm to run, though.

Coud you share bat file?
Activity: 280
2GB models are easier to take the 500 hash.  4GB were on 50 hashes worse... but I would choose 4GB. They can be launched on the ETH and easier to sell.
Activity: 48
From what I can guess, it uses memory somehow. More memory - more threads to mine CN. But is that a real limitation - I don't know. Also it has an option to double memory used to improve performance. You should test if you want more memory or not, it depends on your system.

There is no limitation but by virtue, any card that has only 2 GB of memory is probably old and will provide lower performance.  That said, Cryptonight seems to be the best algo for older cards to use.

I was asking because a local computer shop still have some RX550 2GB in stock. They may receive 4GB models in two to three weeks but they aren't sure.  So I am wondering if it's worth to buy some 550 2GB to build a low power rig.

look here:

From what I can guess, it uses memory somehow. More memory - more threads to mine CN. But is that a real limitation - I don't know. Also it has an option to double memory used to improve performance. You should test if you want more memory or not, it depends on your system.

There is no limitation but by virtue, any card that has only 2 GB of memory is probably old and will provide lower performance.  That said, Cryptonight seems to be the best algo for older cards to use.

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
I know 2GB GPUs are now worthless for Ethereum because of DAG's size but is there some kind of limitation when it comes to Cryptonight?

Would I have any advantage by buying a 4GB over a 2GB?

Does Cryptonight even have something like a DAG?

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I know 2GB GPUs are now worthless for Ethereum because of DAG's size but is there some kind of limitation when it comes to Cryptonight?
It has nothing with Claymore's ETH dual miner.
There is Claymore's miner for CryptoNight (Monero, Intense, etc).

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

Cryptonight doesn't have DAG, Ethash coins do Smiley. Yes, I think there probably is somekind of hashrate advantage over 2Gb GPUs. But all the newer GPUs coming to market are 3+Gb anyways Smiley

Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
can someone paste here the bat file settings for Claymore miner to mine ITNS (amd)

for this pool intense.hashvault.pro

please
Jump to: