Author

Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW - page 108. (Read 235822 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Are they offering 6 BTCs for some exchange to add ITNS? Impossible to Kucoin not add this great coin for such a wonderful offer! How much generosity, really, IntenseCoin is willing to become the top 30 of cryptocurrencies!

Which exchange asks 6 BTC? What did you mean, like a community effort to raise 6 BTC for the listing fee or what are you referring to?
Activity: 87
Merit: 0
Can someone give me sgminer for Intense coin? I am using xmr stak...
Activity: 679
Merit: 103
I very like Kucoin exchange, so i write them to e-mail about your 6 BTC proposition.

https://twitter.com/intensecoin/status/954801232438325251

Hope it works and you will have a deal Smiley
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
stocks.exchange email system has a problem, not working for withdrawal confirmation

try looking in the spam folder
checked already, and many person have same problem with stocks.exchange

I hope the devs can successfully list Intense in Kucoin. We badly need a new exchange.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Can still be CPU mining possible ? I made one mining rig, finding potential coin to CPU mine.

Yes You can mining on CPU. But the difficulty is high and a day will be a dozen coins
Activity: 49
stocks.exchange email system has a problem, not working for withdrawal confirmation

checked already, and many person have same problem with stocks.exchange
Activity: 60

Activity: 196
Merit: 124
Are they offering 6 BTCs for some exchange to add ITNS? Impossible to Kucoin not add this great coin for such a wonderful offer! How much generosity, really, IntenseCoin is willing to become the top 30 of cryptocurrencies!

thats a stretch. current top 30 is 1billion mkc - as highlighted in IntenseCoin's white paper:

" global SSL VPN market is projected to grow 7.5% annually [CAGR] and increase
from $3.08 billion in value to $5.33 billion from 2017 to 2023 [1]. Mobile VPN demand
is projected to grow at a staggering 21.1% from 2017 to 2022"
- not to mention VPN is a pretty competitive industry, i know ITNS might have an edge due to blockchain

but to take 1/3rd global market share of the VPN industry would be quite insane.
Activity: 367
Merit: 255
I can only hope transition goes smoothly without lost coins / wallets like IOTA and such.

What I really don't like is devs realizing they have to change all the coin backbone this late in the game as they found they couldn't deliver what was promised from the beginning...

There will be no lost coins, the blockchains are 1:1 compatible. What is not to like about the dev team recognizing a mechanism to improve our product? Crypto is rapidly changing, I am sure you know that, and adaptability and flexibility are absolutely imperative. The news post emphasized that the rebase made sense from many perspectives, rather than being solely related to the VPN. In any case, when you are developing massive and complex software, requirements change over time.

I want to stress that this is a very good thing for the coin, it opens a lot of doors for us and helps future proof our products.

Some questions:

So we can generate a new address with the new client/wallet and then transfer our coins form the old intense wallet via the blockchain to the new one w/o loosing coins? It states the new stuff can't open old wallets (currently?). Since the old wallets don't have mnonic seeds/ readable keys one probably can't restore  that way either?
Yes, you can absolutely do that now, although we  are planning to add integration to allow the 'new' wallet to open 'old' wallet files. But if you want seed restoration NOW for your existing coins, that's your only option. And seed restoration will not be available for pre-XMR rebase imported wallets because they weren't generated in a way that is compatible with mnemonic seeds.

How does this affect the airdrop currently in effect? Do I have to reregister with the new address or will it continue to work with the old address?
your old address works fine, do nothing

Will I have to resync the whole blockchain (took me days) or can the new client load the blockchain.bin from the old intensed?
You will need to resync but it only takes 1-3 hours at most with the new client, and this will become faster once more new clients are up and running on the network.

It's still a bit unclear currently how the migration should work exactly in the end. If you could address those concerns everyone probably will sleep a bit better. Smiley Personally I don't mind (as long no coins get lost)... and not having to backup wallet files is a big plus, but beeing able to restore them from seeds/keys is a big plus. I don't care for any UI stuff, just make sure the command line stuff works properly on Ubuntu and OSX w/o having to deal with even more dependencies (Boost and CMake are nightmares enough! Especially on OSX)  Grin
I apologize for not explaining things more clearly. Fortunately, nothing NEEDS to be migrated, and this is why a lack of information was provided. You can always keep using your old, non-word-seed recovery friendly wallets if you want. And until we push an update requiring a hardfork for ring CT or other new features (probably in 2-3 months), you won't be required to even update the software.

I am happy to report that Monero works better out of the box on Linux, Mac and even ARM distros without requiring dependencies. Their deployment process, like all of the codebase, is just more mature than BCN.

Unrelated to that...

what exactly do I have to do on Reddit to qualify for the airdrop? Just subscribe the r/IntenseCoin reddit channel?
Sure, there are no specific requirements listed if I recall correctly

Please, unswer us about "intentionally submitted multiple entries" in the bounty thread!
Activity: 8
Great project! Hope it will be a successful soon! Im all in good luck!
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
Beam me up!
Explain to the beginner what it means to rise to the moon? Huh

This is an example of a true beginner !!
I've never seen anyone have any doubts about that.  Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Can still be CPU mining possible ? I made one mining rig, finding potential coin to CPU mine.
Activity: 58
I apologize for not explaining things more clearly. Fortunately, nothing NEEDS to be migrated, and this is why a lack of information was provided. You can always keep using your old, non-word-seed recovery friendly wallets if you want. And until we push an update requiring a hardfork for ring CT or other new features (probably in 2-3 months), you won't be required to even update the software.

I am happy to report that Monero works better out of the box on Linux, Mac and even ARM distros without requiring dependencies. Their deployment process, like all of the codebase, is just more mature than BCN.

Unrelated to that...

what exactly do I have to do on Reddit to qualify for the airdrop? Just subscribe the r/IntenseCoin reddit channel?

Thanks for all the clarification. Smiley

Perhaps it's time for a small FAQ that easily can be referenced? You probably will get the same or similar questions a few times more in the future by other people. Smiley
Activity: 219
Merit: 121
Lethean Developer
I can only hope transition goes smoothly without lost coins / wallets like IOTA and such.

What I really don't like is devs realizing they have to change all the coin backbone this late in the game as they found they couldn't deliver what was promised from the beginning...

There will be no lost coins, the blockchains are 1:1 compatible. What is not to like about the dev team recognizing a mechanism to improve our product? Crypto is rapidly changing, I am sure you know that, and adaptability and flexibility are absolutely imperative. The news post emphasized that the rebase made sense from many perspectives, rather than being solely related to the VPN. In any case, when you are developing massive and complex software, requirements change over time.

I want to stress that this is a very good thing for the coin, it opens a lot of doors for us and helps future proof our products.

Some questions:

So we can generate a new address with the new client/wallet and then transfer our coins form the old intense wallet via the blockchain to the new one w/o loosing coins? It states the new stuff can't open old wallets (currently?). Since the old wallets don't have mnonic seeds/ readable keys one probably can't restore  that way either?
Yes, you can absolutely do that now, although we  are planning to add integration to allow the 'new' wallet to open 'old' wallet files. But if you want seed restoration NOW for your existing coins, that's your only option. And seed restoration will not be available for pre-XMR rebase imported wallets because they weren't generated in a way that is compatible with mnemonic seeds.

How does this affect the airdrop currently in effect? Do I have to reregister with the new address or will it continue to work with the old address?
your old address works fine, do nothing

Will I have to resync the whole blockchain (took me days) or can the new client load the blockchain.bin from the old intensed?
You will need to resync but it only takes 1-3 hours at most with the new client, and this will become faster once more new clients are up and running on the network.

It's still a bit unclear currently how the migration should work exactly in the end. If you could address those concerns everyone probably will sleep a bit better. Smiley Personally I don't mind (as long no coins get lost)... and not having to backup wallet files is a big plus, but beeing able to restore them from seeds/keys is a big plus. I don't care for any UI stuff, just make sure the command line stuff works properly on Ubuntu and OSX w/o having to deal with even more dependencies (Boost and CMake are nightmares enough! Especially on OSX)  Grin

Unrelated to that...

Activity: 53
how to move a folder(AppData\Roaming\intensecoin) to another disk ??
and the wallet program can see the base (DB)
can someone help??

In windows create a shortcut to Intensecoin.exe.  Then open it's properties.

In the properties window, you'll see a box labelled "Target". At the end of what's already in this box add " -datadir=D:\path\to\folder\".

Just replace D:\path\to\folder\ for your drive letter and the path to the folder where you want your IntenseCoin blockchain data. And don't forget the space after Intensecoin.exe.

Don't forget to move the datas before opening your shortcut if you don't want to download the blockchain again.
Activity: 65
 Grin "Rise to the moon" this coins today is worth 0.04/0.05$.
because of the projet, the news, the community ... it will easily worth 1$ at the end of the year or even more.
So it will do a x10/100 or even x1000 on the price. And that's "Rising to the moon"
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Explain to the beginner what it means to rise to the moon? Huh
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Sadly that i missed this bounty and ico. But i bought some coins at exchange. Wish it will rise to the moon.
If I have the old wallet, send all my ITNS to stocks.exchange, will I be able to install the new wallet and send from stocks.exchange with no problems? I mined a few thousand back in August and forgot about it - something was wrong with my wallet file, but somehow it worked today, and I'd like to preserve it.
Jump to: