Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 358. (Read 473126 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500
If you didn't purchase your IONs at the ICO, Now is a good time to stock up on them... Pick up 20K IONs and invest in an ION masternode or for the small investors, buy a couple of Shares in a community masternode at the Market Place @ https://ionnode.cf One share is currently paying out approximately 1.5 IONs per share per week. Looking for some "small fish" and big investors to invest in a ION masternode...

Here is some blockchain information for the last Community Node Payout for 22 Aug:
MN1 Payout (iYQmYLTngqQHeVQzf3nZdDSAYW1wMmD9qC) -  483.00115 IONs
MN2 Payout (iZiGkguV1JiFGCvyCKTPoWSikn5rDcT6Wg) - 483.000525 IONs
MN3 Payout (iiTsA1KMktJgmddiij8kADiak3LKBZyjm2) -  471.5005 IONs
MN4 Payout (iigQptDvFfiTgSiJz1qfJKqxrdzuyJ7jTR) -  575.002095 IONs
Total Payout -  2012.50427 IONs

Daily Average Masternode Reward - 71.8751525 IONs @ 15 cents =  $10.78 dollars

Minus 2% Pool Fee - 1972.2541846 IONs plus shortage 500 IONs divided by 1609 shares = 1.50348891 IONs per Share

Join the Ionomy today and start making a profit!!!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
the ICO rainstorm continues

Gotta love the ICOs. If done proper they open up doors that only used to be open to VCs and other rich people.

No, I'm pretty sure poor and rich people alike could always piss money away without any help from the ICOs.
Activity: 804
DAO ↔ DApp
the ICO rainstorm continues

Gotta love the ICOs. If done proper they open up doors that only used to be open to VCs and other rich people.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
Still no explanation for how more useless coins is better than just holding onto the bitcoins/dollars currently in your possession shark?
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
Games have enough trouble getting people to click "buy lives" on a game when it is hooked up to an account that has a credit card on file.

How much work it would take to get a random person who finds the game via an app store to be able to purchase ions to use to buy lives?

Thru payment gateways that should be quite easy, but as suchmoon noticed sometime back the TOS regulations could prevent this type of indication. Team ION indicated they've sold the problem, but still unclear how.

Where is the game github, or do you mean this one? https://github.com/ionomy/ion

Thanks!

There's none. Ionomy has become very private in development and coding, which is the main reason I bailed out for now. Cause may be related with the critism for example here. So I don't know if this may change after the game release.

You use ION to buy ingame upgrades and stuff, like medpacks/lives, possibly unlock worlds. I know sometime ago the plan was also to start tournaments and stuff, but may be only future games. This is second hand info though, as I dont have access to the game or any direct information other than github and website. Dont pin me down on it ;-)

is that really the case? i thought that they will tie electrons to the games and not direct ION
im guessing its a decision (untested one) to circumvent app store TOS's. next step is to say you cant directly transfer them to IONS or vice versa, but they will enable special staking rates. if they are trying to gamify this they might put some kind of timer on it to encourage people to gain these electrons with IAP's (and maybe tiny amount actually playing). with this strategy stores will get their full cut
Well, I am not involved in any of this so I can't give you a definitive answer, but i heard we'll still have to wait some time until we'll see on electron-market (which are not on blockchain btw, so unlimited and 'free' to 'generate', which indeed could be to fullfill the TOS requirement...).
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1009
You use ION to buy ingame upgrades and stuff, like medpacks/lives, possibly unlock worlds. I know sometime ago the plan was also to start tournaments and stuff, but may be only future games. This is second hand info though, as I dont have access to the game or any direct information other than github and website. Dont pin me down on it ;-)

is that really the case? i thought that they will tie electrons to the games and not direct ION
im guessing its a decision (untested one) to circumvent app store TOS's. next step is to say you cant directly transfer them to IONS or vice versa, but they will enable special staking rates. if they are trying to gamify this they might put some kind of timer on it to encourage people to gain these electrons with IAP's (and maybe tiny amount actually playing). with this strategy stores will get their full cut
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
sorry for shitting up the thread again, back to the strategy of laugh and report.

How was the stream of the game?

Any semblance of a clue as to how the game is going to get outsiders (or anyone really) to buy IONs?

Where is the game github, or do you mean this one? https://github.com/ionomy/ion

Thanks!
legendary
sorry for shitting up the thread again, back to the strategy of laugh and report.

Any semblance of a clue as to how the game is going to get outsiders (or anyone really) to buy IONs?

I understand that is the point, but how is that going to work.

Games have enough trouble getting people to click "buy lives" on a game when it is hooked up to an account that has a credit card on file.

How much work it would take to get a random person who finds the game via an app store to be able to purchase ions to use to buy lives?

For the record; I just saw the game on livestream twitch shown by a member. So the game exists, it works, that i can conclude.

Honest opinion, how'd it look? Meet your expectations or didn't you see enough to accurately judge?

Game looked smooth. I only saw two levels. Have to see if gameplay is interesting enough. I only saw the game without ION integration. API and game were built seperatly and are now being integrated.

I have no clue for release date. Neither do I know why delivery was delayed. Just saw the game irl, that's all i know

they hired game developers to code the game right? they didn't do it themselves right?

Yes, i think they are hiring more than one atm.
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
https://www.twitch.tv/mastayoshigr Broadcasting Level 1 - Level 2 of Gravity in a few...

Im guessing everyone missed it?  No notice and all

Too bad we cant watch it on Past Broadcasts for that user.  In typical team ION fashion they have made sure no permanent or even semi-permanent record exists..

Edit: It must have been short in any case as its just over an hour after sharkie told us it was soon...

Then again a few may have been a few months this being team ION lol
Activity: 1344
https://www.twitch.tv/mastayoshigr Broadcasting Level 1 - Level 2 of Gravity in a few...
Activity: 214
Merit: 113
For the record; I just saw the game on livestream twitch shown by a member. So the game exists, it works, that i can conclude.

Honest opinion, how'd it look? Meet your expectations or didn't you see enough to accurately judge?

Game looked smooth. I only saw two levels. Have to see if gameplay is interesting enough. I only saw the game without ION integration. API and game were built seperatly and are now being integrated.

I have no clue for release date. Neither do I know why delivery was delayed. Just saw the game irl, that's all i know

they hired game developers to code the game right? they didn't do it themselves right?

This may partially be the case. They are definitely attempting the game dev themselves and may have brought on outside devs to help. The team isn't the model child for transparency so I'm not sure of any way to validly prove the statements.

I've asked several times and have expressed interest in the game development process, but haven't been taken seriously. I understand I could have been more tactful in my approach. But dealing with a non-transparent blockchain project (the blockchain was built for transparency) is quite frustrating when trying to get information about said project.

I think it depends who you're referring to as 'they'. The team who are developing the games appears to be led by Matlack (or Huey), and I remember seeing him say that there were a couple of other game devs who have apparently worked on successful PC games in the past. This was a long time ago (possibly as far back as May or June) and on their slack, so I'm afraid I don't have a screenshot or anything. There's some confusion over what Matlack's experience is with gaming development, as I've said before.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL

This may partially be the case. They are definitely attempting the game dev themselves and may have brought on outside devs to help. The team isn't the model child for transparency so I'm not sure of any way to validly prove the statements.

I've asked several times and have expressed interest in the game development process, but haven't been taken seriously. I understand I could have been more tactful in my approach. But dealing with a non-transparent blockchain project (the blockchain was built for transparency) is quite frustrating when trying to get information about said project.
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

problem is people like to equate troll with someone they disagree with.

e.g

person a - i like peanut butter. company x says it prevents cancer so im buying shares wveryone else should.
person b - there has been no scientific proof around peanut butter and cancer curing see link here
person a - you're just a troll you dont want me making money and helping others eat peanut butter and making money too.

whilst i agree troll behavior is toxic there is a distinct misuse of troll definition. many on bitcointalk calling trolls are using it as a come back comment out of context. i.e josh garza was scamming and supporters and himself called those with such comments trolls. they werent trolls.

would you agree with my points? also would you consider a toxic pro person a troll as well or does it have a different name? if so what is the name? to be unbiased and righteous one needs to know and be honest on both sides of the coin to be objectionable in the internet troll claims.

"toxic pro person" is usually called a "shill".

Both of these (as well as "FUD", "hater", etc) have been so overused that it doesn't mean much else other than the person using these words is probably too lazy to come up with original insults.

And no, there has been no scientific proof around anything I just said.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

nah all good its freedom of speech Smiley good and bad contrary to some peoples one sided view when they dont want to hear certain views. keep it coming.

my thoughts are they will get people buying ion through ion reward. they are trying to be a sublet app store inside an app store much like subletting. its not efficient to make a game get double fee'd on games unless your game cant stand on its own and needs the ion investors to spend. honestly unless they make a ground breaking game with a cult following it will flounder. they are trying to be their own app store piggy backing off existing app store infrastructure.

honestly in gaming id use a micro trans crypto. something fast block time that isnt premined to death like ion. digibyte comes to mind or maybe good old bitcoin if lightning network or fasr trans systems come in and deal in satoshis.

the truth is ion team tried to invent something not needed. they only made a coin for the profits a control degree. if theirs games were strong enough on their own they'd take an existing coin.

why again do they take btc in ico and not kickstart or do real bank transfers... if ion is future why desire btc? this applies to all icos
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

problem is people like to equate troll with someone they disagree with.

e.g

person a - i like peanut butter. company x says it prevents cancer so im buying shares wveryone else should.
person b - there has been no scientific proof around peanut butter and cancer curing see link here
person a - you're just a troll you dont want me making money and helping others eat peanut butter and making money too.

whilst i agree troll behavior is toxic there is a distinct misuse of troll definition. many on bitcointalk calling trolls are using it as a come back comment out of context. i.e josh garza was scamming and supporters and himself called those with such comments trolls. they werent trolls.

would you agree with my points? also would you consider a toxic pro person a troll as well or does it have a different name? if so what is the name? to be unbiased and righteous one needs to know and be honest on both sides of the coin to be objectionable in the internet troll claims.
legendary

Jump to: