Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 98. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
It's low difficulty right now. Time to turn rigs on)
I believe in this project)
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
WTF on mine77.net ?
Pool hashrate more than net hashrate O_o
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
official subreddit
reddit.com/r/Iridium_IRD
Activity: 136
Hi, I'm following IRD since a while now and have mined some.

I totally agree with "others" for having a strong preparation before entering market.

I do not want to make fun of the website as I truly appreciate the work and know how hard and time eater it is (I'm a multi-dev too) but I really really dislike the look, graphism and logo.

As I'm not graphic designer too, I ask if there are some in the audience to make propositions, may be rewarded for this and the webdev too, some coins make contest to do this.

As suggestion and because IRD is low supplied, why not make it look "precious", "rare", metal jewel, have a look at veritable iridium picture : it looks and is a rare metal... It is also used to stabilise the "standards" platinium meters and Kilogram : they both are Pt+Ir, so Iridium make elements "more" stable...
This are just some brainstormed ideas and I suggest everybody to post them as there are no stupid ideas.

I also notice there are only 2 pools left. Because I think we need more pools for stability, I'm almost ready to start another one, beta first and if everything is ok, as prod, with hardware evolution possibility. I'm already running a node and tests. I will start with my own server first to see loads, bandwidth and... bugs ! It will be located in France. As I do not want to concurrent others pools and also want to donate to the dev (very sorry for your lost) as discuted before so I will start with fee and dev donations and encourage the others to do it so.

Have a nice day and impatient to read your answers !

Very good input regarding the website! You make very good points. I really like the idea.
Let's see what the community thinks.
By show of vote, who would like to see the site changed to what stevebrush mentioned and who would like it to remain the same? (The site is not 100% completed. There will be more features added to it. We are talking about the style in general)

I absolutely agree with stevebrush, and i have been ranting about the same thing a couple of posts ago. We have a RARE and fair coin and we should reflect that. You got my vote to change the site to what stevebrush suggested

Who made the iri.cash site?
I was making the iridum.cc site before it went down, it had a design that reflected the rest of the design profile I made along with the logo.
This new .cash site looks awful, even the logo text is hacked.

I've followed this project from the start. Been away for a while but back again now.

Sincere apologies to whoever has been making ird.cash but I agree with mrbard; it's not great and it's an inevitable result when making a site from a generic template builder like SitePad. I've lost track on the progress of the website (way way back I offered to help out also) and I remember when the problem with the chargeback on the iridium.cc domain which threw a spanner in the works. I did think mrbard was still the one working on it though, so, I'm definitely out of the loop.

The logo is fine. Simple shapes with distinct colours.

LoL.. I agree with you guys. I hated that template generator. It was awful and I apologize it looks so shitty. It took me 4 hours to just get that setup and I was in a hurry. If anyone would like to help with the site, PM me on the Slack channel and I'll get back with you. I want this site to be something all of us can be proud of. For that, we will need to work together.  

I suggest if mrbard was working on it before the iridium.cc roadblock, let mrbard keep going with what they were doing. I offered to help early on but wasn't taken up on the offer, but if mrbard is designing I can help with dev.
Activity: 196

I totally agree with "others" for having a strong preparation before entering market.

I do not want to make fun of the website as I truly appreciate the work and know how hard and time eater it is (I'm a multi-dev too) but I really really dislike the look, graphism and logo.

As I'm not graphic designer too, I ask if there are some in the audience to make propositions, may be rewarded for this and the webdev too, some coins make contest to do this.

As suggestion and because IRD is low supplied, why not make it look "precious", "rare", metal jewel, have a look at veritable iridium picture : it looks and is a rare metal... It is also used to stabilise the "standards" platinium meters and Kilogram : they both are Pt+Ir, so Iridium make elements "more" stable...
This are just some brainstormed ideas and I suggest everybody to post them as there are no stupid ideas.

I also notice there are only 2 pools left. Because I think we need more pools for stability, I'm almost ready to start another one, beta first and if everything is ok, as prod, with hardware evolution possibility. I'm already running a node and tests. I will start with my own server first to see loads, bandwidth and... bugs ! It will be located in France. As I do not want to concurrent others pools and also want to donate to the dev (very sorry for your lost) as discuted before so I will start with fee and dev donations and encourage the others to do it so.

Very good input regarding the website! You make very good points. I really like the idea.
By show of vote, who would like to see the site changed to what stevebrush mentioned and who would like it to remain the same? (The site is not 100% completed. There will be more features added to it. We are talking about the style in general)

I absolutely agree with stevebrush, and i have been ranting about the same thing a couple of posts ago. We have a RARE and fair coin and we should reflect that. You got my vote to change the site to what stevebrush suggested

I was making the iridum.cc site before it went down, it had a design that reflected the rest of the design profile I made along with the logo.

I've followed this project from the start. Been away for a while but back again now.

Sincere apologies to whoever has been making ird.cash but I agree with mrbard; it's not great and it's an inevitable result when making a site from a generic template builder like SitePad. I've lost track on the progress of the website (way way back I offered to help out also) and I remember when the problem with the chargeback on the iridium.cc domain which threw a spanner in the works. I did think mrbard was still the one working on it though, so, I'm definitely out of the loop.

LoL.. I agree with you guys. I hated that template generator. It was awful and I apologize it looks so shitty. It took me 4 hours to just get that setup and I was in a hurry. If anyone would like to help with the site, PM me on the Slack channel and I'll get back with you. I want this site to be something all of us can be proud of. For that, we will need to work together.  

Oh here you are  Cheesy So you guys are more active on Slack then, not on Discord right?

Aye. In General chat.

And I thought the logo needed something. So I added some 3d effects. ;-P I'm obviously not the artist in the family
Activity: 105

Oh here you are  Cheesy So you guys are more active on Slack then, not on Discord right?
Activity: 105
As mentioned earlier the coin's main advantage is its low supply. However, the disadvantage of this is that there's absolutely no time to waste. Most of the coins get distributed in the first year as the emission plan suggests and later on there will be too little left to motivate new people and more importantly new miners to join the project. I know there's nothing you ca do about that at the moment but until dev's away the community should at least look into this webdesign and branding matter asap. And as I can see right now there's no one answering questions or taking offers made by people on the Discord group.

Activity: 136

Activity: 294
any news about dev, and any plan for this coin in future, hope dev be stronger after his problem, dev live coin live.
Activity: 15
selling 1,400 IRD for 355 satoshi each
on interst please pm

= 0.00497000 BTC
= 0.08308250 ETH
= 0.10804333 ZEC
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
this coins seems dead

Read back...dev's father is dead...he will come back as soon as he solves personal issues....
Activity: 798
Merit: 116
this coins seems dead
Activity: 31

Activity: 46

That's definitely a good idea! I really like it!!
I will mine more precious and extremely rare IRD right now  Grin
Activity: 40

Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev

intensecoin and Charnacoin both (cryptonight) got onto exchanges in the last few days....crappy ones but exchanges none the less. Is it important to go straight to a mainstream exchange or is there a benefit of starting small with one like southxchange?

Also here are other options like livecoin and cryptopia. Smiley
However, and I have to share this with you guys.. I think it is waaaaay too early for this coin to apply for an exchange. There's no website, no whitepaper and the roadmap is pretty basic to be honest. I mean what makes or will make this coin different from Monero technically? (I could ask the same about Charnacoin, because I couldn't find any info about that either, except for 2 posts in their news section about the coin being used as one of the payment methods for 2 different solar farms.) About the mentioned cryptonight coins, you can see there's already a difference between Charnacoin and Intensecoin prices because there's actually an idea behind Intense.
So yea, let dev take his time with his family for now but after that - in my humble opinion - these things should be addressed first before exchanges if you want the coin to succeed.

I hope it's clear I wish the best to this coin, but focus on the product first and the price will work itself out Wink

I agree with much if the post, but there is a site for iridium, it is ird.cash , considerable progress has been made w.r.t. the whitepaper, and finally im wrapping up the subreddit just waiting on the og dev for the ok. If anyone wishes to be involved as a moderator, PM me. The dev is going through some personal matters and needs some time off understandably,  however this is a community driven project and the community on discord is very active. Stay tuned and keep mining while the diff is relatively low!

As mentioned above, the website has been created and only has a few minor touches for it to be 100% completed. The whitepaper is getting better and the mobile app as well as the tor backed nodes are making progress.

Speaking of... If anyone has any experience with Ubuntu and tor, please PM me. 
Activity: 10
I'm sorry for your loss dev.
Pages:
Jump to: