Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | Daily Updates | 8/9 Status Update - page 56. (Read 188824 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Can you verify your calculations?

Of course.

Look at block 4500 on the block explorer. (The last Proof Of Work block)

Outstanding coins = 913,277.500272311

Deduct the Outstanding Coins value above from that of the current block. Using block 21588 at the time I type this:

Outstanding coins = 913,595.438148831

913,595.438148831 - 913,277.500272311 = 317.93787652

Block 4500 was created at 4:19 am (GMT) on 18th July that's currently ~2 hours short of 16 days.

317.93787652 / 16 = 19.8711172825

20% interests per annum is not equivalent to 316 coins in 16 or 17 days (I assumed daily compounding of interests).

You're also assuming everyone is staking. Bittrex holds ~47% of all coins and most of their wallet addresses seem to be flagged as belonging to them. I don't think I've ever seen one of those flagged addresses staking.

he claims to be a mathamatical wiz yet he cant even do simple calculations.  pbrewoman..youre trying too hard.  Go back to cloak please.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Any ETA on the video, folks?

lol ironic username

but i dunno

I was expecting somebody to comment on the irony after I posted that. lol. Looks like it may be calm before the storm.
Activity: 196
In about an hour Smiley the ann dev is out at the moment with his waif Smiley
Activity: 250
The Future Of Work

lol ironic username

but i dunno
Activity: 19
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
How is the number of coins that are generated (by staking) in each block calculated? How does the formula look like?

Maybe look at the publicly released source code and find out for yourself? I'd guess the formula you seek is in main.cpp
Pbremen, are you going to answer my question in regards to your motives?
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
As much as I want to ignore his posts, I want more to know when he posts just to let the innocent eyes know who he is and what he's trying to do. I really feel bad for people falling for his crap. It's borderline scamming with how persistent he is.

There's gotta be a forum rule to address this kind of stuff.  Anyone know?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

20% interests per annum is not equivalent to 316 coins in 16 or 17 days (I assumed daily compounding of interests).

You're assuming everyone is staking. Bittrex holds ~47% of all coins and most of their wallet addresses seem to be flagged as belonging to them. I don't think I've ever seen one of those flagged addresses staking.

How is the number of coins that are generated (by staking) in each block calculated? How does the formula look like?

That's funny pbremen, now you're asking people to show you how their work was done? Nice turnaround. You seemed harmless and entertaining for a while, but now it seems wisest to ignore you. Can't say it's been a pleasure.

Your arguing with a retard.  Just ignore his posts like everyone else.  Even if you showed him what he wanted he will still pretend as if he didn't get it or change something and start on something new. 
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

You're assuming everyone is staking. Bittrex holds ~47% of all coins and most of their wallet addresses seem to be flagged as belonging to them. I don't think I've ever seen one of those flagged addresses staking.

Why don't you ask every other PoS coin in existence how theirs is calculated.
You are obviously not interested in supporting this coin, so why not ask those you are supporting how theirs work.
Activity: 70

That's funny pbremen, now you're asking people to show you how their work was done? Nice turnaround. You seemed harmless and entertaining for a while, but now it seems wisest to ignore you. Can't say it's been a pleasure.
Activity: 56

Of course.

Look at block 4500 on the block explorer. (The last Proof Of Work block)

Outstanding coins = 913,277.500272311

Deduct the Outstanding Coins value above from that of the current block. Using block 21588 at the time I type this:

Outstanding coins = 913,595.438148831

913,595.438148831 - 913,277.500272311 = 317.93787652

Block 4500 was created at 4:19 am (GMT) on 18th July that's currently ~2 hours short of 16 days.

317.93787652 / 16 = 19.8711172825

You're also assuming everyone is staking. Bittrex holds ~47% of all coins and most of their wallet addresses seem to be flagged as belonging to them. I don't think I've ever seen one of those flagged addresses staking.
I believe it's 20% only for wallets that are actively staking. Not everyone who owns a wallet leave theirs on to stake. In fact, probably only a small percentage do right now.

Again you're trying so hard. It's getting pretty pathetic man.
Activity: 56
Basically, the release model of this coin is made in a way that is likely to generate exponential rise in the price, but then, the coin count rise is ALSO exponential and one day the coin amount will catch up with it.

With Proof Of Work finished, only 913,592 coins in existence and 20% interest per annum you're not going to see anywhere near the inflation of most other coins which generate many thousands of coins a day.

Even taking compound interest into account the slow rate at which new coins are being generated could be very easily absorbed by the market.

There have been 316.4928275 new coins generated since proof of work ended on 18th July 2014. That is less than 20 new coins a day generated by way of Proof of Stake.

Activity: 84
Basically, the release model of this coin is made in a way that is likely to generate exponential rise in the price, but then, the coin count rise is ALSO exponential and one day the coin amount will catch up with it.

With Proof Of Work finished, only 913,592 coins in existence and 20% interest per annum you're not going to see anywhere near the inflation of most other coins which generate many thousands of coins a day.

Even taking compound interest into account the slow rate at which new coins are being generated could be very easily absorbed by the market.

There have been 316.4928275 new coins generated since proof of work ended on 18th July 2014. That is less than 20 new coins a day generated by way of Proof of Stake.

They're trying soooo hard Roll Eyes

wow that exponential rise is just ... oh wait its just FUD ... again (Insert Teabagging here)
Activity: 70

They're trying soooo hard Roll Eyes

Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah.

That's really all I hear. Looks like pbremen01 brought in another fellow Fudder to help him out lol. This is so sad, it's not even funny.
I see where you get your name bagpipe, because you're full if hot air. Wink the 20% is the equivalent of mining without the use of equipment
Pages:
Jump to: