Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | Daily Updates | 8/9 Status Update - page 54. (Read 188824 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
been a quiet day today,,,,,,,,,,, ,,i don't like it

It's Sunday and it's Summer time.  Everyone should be outside enjoying what they can.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

The devs posted two updates yesterday...
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

It depends on individual transactions (and their value) and the coin age. If someone is staking then a minimum cycle is 8 hours so someone could lets say deposit 1000 into their wallet and approximately 8 hours later:

What do you mean by minimum cycle? It seems that certain addresses mine PoS block much faster.

They get 0.01 interest (this is purely an example value to simplify this explanation) and such get returned 2 new transactions. One of which is for 500, the other for 500.01.

This is not correct. AFAIK there is only one PoS transaction in each PoS block. This transaction can have one or more outputs.

Approximately 8 hours later:

The previous transaction for 500 splits and returns one transaction for 250, one transaction for 250.005

The previous transaction for 500.01 splits and returns one transaction for 250, one transaction for 250.0125

At this stage, one initial deposit has become 4 transactions and this process keeps repeating at approximately 8 hour intervals if a wallet is left open for staking. On the next cycle there are 8 transactions, then 16, then 32, then 64. etc.

What exactly don't you grasp about this concept?

This is not possible. Such exponential growth would quickly cause blockchain to use enormous amounts of disk space. For example, if the number of "transactions" double in every period that lasts 8 hour, then in 1 month there will be 30*8 doublings.

2^240 = 1766847064778384329583297500742918515827483896875618958121606201292619776

This is enormous number.

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
What's the point anymore? Key is being vetted by Bittrex and receiving a 7/7 trust score.

I was kidding.  My bad if that was not obvious lol
Activity: 42
When a coin has such a dedicated Fudder like this guy, you know it's a good coin.

Agree. Still a lame disguised attempt at FUDding.

This could be a feature.  Could be marketed as:  "Not only do we have a highly dedicated dev team, we also have our own dedicated Fudder to help weed out the weak hands"  Or: "We have our very own dedicated Fudder to help keep this rocket under control before blast off".

What's the point anymore? Key is being vetted by Bittrex and receiving a 7/7 trust score.
When a coin has such a dedicated Fudder like this guy, you know it's a good coin.

Agree. Still a lame disguised attempt at FUDding.

This could be a feature.  Could be marketed as:  "Not only do we have a highly dedicated dev team, we also have our own dedicated Fudder to help weed out the weak hands"  Or: "We have our very own dedicated Fudder to help keep this rocket under control before blast off".
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
They are all members of the same fud team. Its all good their fud has 0 impact on price but it's a good laugh.

I find it odd that all the people who claim to understand exactly how this "game" works seem to be the most butthurt all the time. It looks like they don't know how to take advantage of their special super sekret information.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I find it odd that all the people who claim to understand exactly how this "game" works seem to be the most butthurt all the time. It looks like they don't know how to take advantage of their special super sekret information.
Like you right now, trying to exploit the market with fud. In a regulated market, what you're doing would get you locked up.

No, you know it's a good coin if it can be cornered. That is possible if only small amount of coins is issued in a short amout of time (the case of KEY) and all those that are volatile can be purchased for cheap and the price then substantially driven up. You can work on from there to repeat the cycle a few times. Historically the highest amount of a single stock sold by this method was about 1 billion USD worth. It works on the stock market as well as it works in the keys, the difference is that the stock market now has a watchdog and tons of regulation, while the crypto has none.

It thus attracts all kinds of adventurers, ready to explore or exploit the market.
Activity: 151
No, you know it's a good coin if it can be cornered. That is possible if only small amount of coins is issued in a short amout of time (the case of KEY) and all those that are volatile can be purchased for cheap and the price then substantially driven up. You can work on from there to repeat the cycle a few times. Historically the highest amount of a single stock sold by this method was about 1 billion USD worth. It works on the stock market as well as it works in the keys, the difference is that the stock market now has a watchdog and tons of regulation, while the crypto has none.

It thus attracts all kinds of adventurers, ready to explore or exploit the market.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Petr1fied, thank you so much for dealing these fudders for now. You're a champ!

No problem. Honestly does the guy have nothing better to do?  Huh
Activity: 322
There is a unique road for this coin: 300K
I am out sold all my Key´s Angry

Well, I hope you didn't sell at a lost due to this FUD. If you did, I honestly feel bad for you man.
Dev Update (Pt. 2) 8/2/2014

As part of our commitment to bringing you consistent quality our 3D team has created a nice video to serve as an introduction to our coin and its features, and as a display of our devotion to raising the bar for what is required to be a respected altcoin.

We hope the community can appreciate our continued progress and dedication to this coin as we guide it down the challenging road to long-term adoption and trade on major exchanges, and we hope you’re all having a fun, exciting and unique trading experience.

http://i.imgur.com/ttV5EOy.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIRSa45E960

Love the video. Shows your team isn't only programming savants. You have some key artistic members as well. Smiley
Petr1fied, thank you so much for dealing these fudders for now. You're a champ!
Activity: 124
Hey Guys, I love that video! I'm just ignoring the fudders for now because it is taken our time. We will keep making continues progress as we have done. Yes, I traded DRK, CINNI and other coins. I grew sick of putting my faith in to coins that appeared imminent on day one only to have their devs vanish soon after and decided to manage and fund my own project. So far were doing better than anything I have seen in the alts for a long long time. Thanks for the continued support!

Well done sir,

KeyCoin has won me over
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
The amount of the coins that are generated by staking at each block doesn't (directly) depend on the number of addresses that are staking.

Function GetProofOfStakeReward depends on the coin age (probably age of the coins in the user's wallet) and doesn't depend on the total number of coins (or addresses) that are staking.

It depends on individual transactions (and their value) and the coin age. If someone is staking then a minimum cycle is 8 hours so someone could lets say deposit 1000 into their wallet and approximately 8 hours later:

They get 0.01 interest (this is purely an example value to simplify this explanation) and such get returned 2 new transactions. One of which is for 500, the other for 500.01.

Approximately 8 hours later:

The previous transaction for 500 splits and returns one transaction for 250, one transaction for 250.005

The previous transaction for 500.01 splits and returns one transaction for 250, one transaction for 250.0125

At this stage, one initial deposit has become 4 transactions and this process keeps repeating at approximately 8 hour intervals if a wallet is left open for staking. On the next cycle there are 8 transactions, then 16, then 32, then 64. etc.

What exactly don't you grasp about this concept?

Yes, I know that the lack of transactions in blocks doesn't necessarily mean that there is anything wrong from the technical standpoint.

But if there are no technical problems, then there may be some "human" problem. I've just checked latest blocks and they still don't have any normal transactions (just coinbase transaction + PoS transaction). Why people don't move at least some coins around?

A huge proportion of the coins are at Bittrex as has already been highlighted by one of my previous posts. People just like to keep coins there for trading I guess. What do you propose? Maybe Bittrex should force them to withdraw to their own wallet just to satisfy your need to see transactions moving?

NOTE: I personally think it's a bad thing that so many coins are on Bittrex. People obviously learned nothing from the VRC/Mintpal debacle. They should really keep their coins in their own wallet until such times as they want to trade them.

And about 30% of the latest PoS "mined" blocks are mined just by one address (KCosuASuqafu4or4DphdiCX5qQEr53kHyb):

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/address.dws?KCosuASuqafu4or4DphdiCX5qQEr53kHyb.htm

See my example at the top. If stakers don't clean house every now and then by reconstituting all those transactions into larger values then they can end up staking very often. They will only be creating very tiny fractions of new coin as the amount you receive is proportional to the amount of the transaction being staked. There is however the bonus that they may catch some fees at regular intervals if they stake often.
Hey Guys, I love that video! I'm just ignoring the fudders for now because it is taken our time. We will keep making continuos progress as we have done. Yes, I traded DRK, CINNI and other coins. I grew sick of putting my faith in to coins that appeared imminent on day one only to have their devs vanish soon after and decided to manage and fund my own project. So far were doing better than anything I have seen in the alts for a long long time. Thanks for the continued support!
Pages:
Jump to: